• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Info Common Questions Concerning the Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe so. You can tag a roleplay as 'detailed' upon creation, though - or anything else. Tag it as multi-para, lit, lit+ - a lot of things can communicate the same as a prefix. :)

Mkay, thanks! That's what I planned on doing if they weren't going to be coming back lol

Will some old pieces of rps that have been lost be found again eventually? I'm wondering seeing as I found part I was looking for via the method mentioned a moment ago, yet it says I don't have permission to view that page. :/ or are they lost for good?

Will some old pieces of rps that have been lost be found again eventually? I'm wondering seeing as I found part I was looking for via the method mentioned a moment ago, yet it says I don't have permission to view that page. :/ or are they lost for good?

Yes. No one's roleplays have been deleted :)

If you have a problem create a support ticket.

I may just have to seeing as I cannot access parts of an old rp that I really need.

It's there but saying I don't have permission to access it.

I am wondering, could I make a board and support ticket for someone else? I am co-GM of the roleplay in question.

No. That would make you the GM of the board you made, and wouldn't be fair to the original GM.

I may just have to seeing as I cannot access parts of an old rp that I really need.

It's there but saying I don't have permission to access it.

Send me a PM with a link to your rp or name. I'll take a look for you.

No posts are missing on the site. But permissions may be wonky in some areas while we fix everything.

Is there any way to edit privacy settings?

I have confidence that the members of this site are good people, but I cannot say the same for the rest of the Internet. I was wondering if users could make it so that only members could view their profile and such as they could before.

Last edited by a moderator:

What I've noticed is that the Character Sign Up threads are only accessible to the users who created that thread otherwise Out of Character Chat and Main Roleplay can be seen by other users. This is what I've gathered from searching to find old CS. 

Tagging @The Dark Wizard and @The Staff just in case it has not been noticed. 

Alright, so I've looked through the answers here, but I've still got one question. I apologize if this has been answered here and I missed it, or if it has been answered elsewhere. 

If we had an old roleplay that had tabs, how do we find the other pages for these tabs (example: Character sheets, settings, ect). I've tried going to the in character posting thread and looking for something, but I can't seem to find anything. Am I doing something wrong, or are those threads gone/in another part of the site that I can't seem to locate.

Thanks for any help.

Alright, so I've looked through the answers here, but I've still got one question. I apologize if this has been answered here and I missed it, or if it has been answered elsewhere. 

If we had an old roleplay that had tabs, how do we find the other pages for these tabs (example: Character sheets, settings, ect). I've tried going to the in character posting thread and looking for something, but I can't seem to find anything. Am I doing something wrong, or are those threads gone/in another part of the site that I can't seem to locate.

Thanks for any help.

Try to find it through your activity - https://www.rpnation.com/profile/7118-faithwynters/content/ is the link for you. :)

Is there any possible way of unhiding a hidden post/thread/topic? 

Is there any possible way of unhiding a hidden post/thread/topic? 

You're hiding posts by clicking the box in the upper right corner and clicking the eye on the popup mid-screen, correct? You do the same thing to unhide posts, except you click 'unhide' after clicking on the eye. :)

Is there any way to edit privacy settings?

I have confidence that the members of this site are good people, but I cannot say the same for the rest of the Internet. I was wondering if users could make it so that only members could view their profile and such as they could before.

I looked around on my own account settings, and I haven't found anything yet that would stop people outside of RpNation from looking through your profile. You could block off everyone from knowing what your birthday was, but for the rest, unfortunately I don't think that can be stopped. Quite sorry.  :(

I'm not very smart with technology or websites - it took me ages to even learn a bit of basic BBCode - so I'm sorry if these questions seem like silly no-brainers! 

1. I had an old RP of mine moved to a place in the new system. However, all of the tabs (Main/RP, Out of Character Chat, Character Sign-Up, etc.) were converted to separate threads, each with the same title. This makes it very difficult to tell all of the threads apart, and I can't seem to find an option to edit the titles in order to differentiate between different threads. How can I do this?

2. In my old RP, both myself and other users had many long posts with lots of paragraph breaks, italicized text, bolded text, and other minor forms of code. Since the move to the new system, the formatting has been totally deleted, with every post looking like a long, garbled mess. Is there a way that I can quickly revert these posts to their original format without having to manually go in and edit everything? It's a rather long process that I'd like to avoid if possible. 

3. When I have gone back and edited these posts to try and remedy these issues, there have been a few problems that I've run into. In particular, my main post containing the information for the RP has many spoiler boxes. When I went back to edit those spoiler boxes, I found that there were many blank boxes containing no text, and that I couldn't delete them. Why might this be happening?

Again, sorry if these seem like silly questions! I'm having quite a bit of trouble adjusting to the new site layout, and it doesn't help that I'm rather bad with technology to begin with. I can add more information if needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back