Combined In-Character

Fabien Sanders

85a619c0091336ff9ccb32edfc997e2e.jpg

[SIZE= 12px]Minus the small announcement, the day was like any other to the brunet son of a water goddess. Friendly banter, cold food and the lingering threat of harriers; the latter had always kept him on his toes. If anyone asked the male if he's ever been chased before, Fabien could say with pride that he has by multiple bigger, stronger guys than himself. Of course, the question was most probably referred in a romantic context but to him that was all but a small detail. The line between love and hate was thin after all.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]His conversation with the Venus boy was cut short by the clatter of metal against wood. Years of getting his ass kicked with both substances made him wary, shifting his attention to the sudden exclamation. He was surprised to see Caine give a rather crude but inspiring speech to lift up some demi-god spirits. [/SIZE][SIZE= 12px]The sight drew a smile. He never thought Caine would care.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Looking over at the table besides his, he spotted Mae, Oliver and Gem seated together with Caine standing before them, all teeth and bite. His grin reminded Fabien of a cat stalking its prey, but what really caught his eye was the fact that the son of Hades could will the sword back into his hand. Now that was a trick useful in battle. Surely someone like him was chosen for the prophecy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Tilting back from his seat, Fabien shouted an answer. "She's probably with Red and the others. They're somewhere over there." he pointed in the girl trinity's general vicinity, not that he had seen acacia there himself. She usually just was, particularly when Fabien works up the courage to talk to Red. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Interactions with: Reuben @orphic Caine @Novus
Mentions: Mae @m o n a c h o p s i s Oliver @Nikki Rodgers Gem & Acacia @orphic Red @Post
[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
   Gemini | mentions: Ander, Oliver, Maë | @orphic

“They’ll remember eventually, I hope.” Her voice was a little quieter than usual. She had grown accustomed to her hair being fixed by Ander, so the pink haired girl barely noticed when Oliver did the same. “Hey, now, I’m supposed to be the one that’s concerned about you,” Gemini responded jokingly. “I’m okay.” If she was being honest, she had no idea how to answer that question. She just felt like terrible things were about to rain down upon the camp, and she was going to be helpless to stop them.

When Maë joined them Gemini smiled reassuringly at her. “It’s okay, we know.” There was something about some of the campers that made Diana’s child shift into motherhood gear. Strange, since she grew up not knowing who her mother was. Regardless of her own upbringing, she wanted nothing more than to protect and coddle some of those campers.

Oliver Alcott 

| Mentions: Gemini, Mae, Caine, Fabien, Acacia |

The corners of the redhead's mouth curled at the joking remark. "Family takes care of one another," Oliver simply said, subconsciously running his fingers along the spine of the book that sat in his lap. "Even if it's for something as silly as moving a strand of hair." He huffed amusedly, surrendering the leather bound book to the empty space next to him. Oliver had vowed long ago that he'd protect the few he regarded as family; even with the threat of he or one of them being drafted for a quest, he'd still follow through with the promise to death, if that's what it led too.

"Being okay is good. Especially right now. Many are just hiding their fear through a mask of excitement." He replied to her soft statement.  Sensing the other had fallen deep in thought, Oliver reached forward and tapped the top of her hand gently, "Hey, don't think about it too much." He mumbled, "It will cause more harm than anything." 

"Morning, Maë," Oliver called out as the familiar ginger approached the pair, dropping into the seat. Oliver smiled warmly at the teen, even after her facade dropped away. Oliver hated seeing his friends in such a state of dismay and had intended to offer words of comfort but was ultimately beaten to the punch by Gemini. Nodding at Gem's statement, Oliver added sarcastically, "It must be fun to be the little one's 'den mother' huh?" 

Oliver would have contributed more to the conversation, had it not been for the actions of the Son of Hades that startled him to silence; he had definitely not expected Caine to approach the small group and compare them to 'worms'. Setting his elbow onto the table, Oliver rested his chin on his outstretched palm and watched as the man inquired about the where being of his half-sister, before willing the sword into his grasp. Despite his curiosity in the ability, Oliver couldn't shake off what he said. "Going away present?" He repeated, quietly. Clearing his throat, Oliver raised his voice a bit. "Acacia was chosen for the quest?" 

Oliver was momentarily distracted by Fabien, his eye's shifting from the intimidation child of Hades to where the other teen sat, before following his hand to the direction he was pointing in. But as quickly as he had wandered off, his attention snapped back to Caine, wanting an answer to his question before the man lost interest in them and set off to find his sibling.

[SIZE= 24px] c a i n e[/SIZE]

|mood: seething, desperate but cool\\ collab feat.: @orphic |

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

"Indeed she was chosen," Caine mewled, his golden eyes flickering softly as he looked down upon the younger camper.  He glanced over and watched Acacia slam her way through the exiting doors.  It seemed that she was more than pissed off enough to take down a Fury.  "Subtlety, woman..." he groaned, instantly snapping his head back at the people who remained seated despite their active duties.  

"Death will find you and your party if I don't deliver this little 'parting gift' to her, and if your lot doesn't get off their arses and get briefed and geared up.  Now go before I claim your puny souls for myself!" he exclaimed, slamming his fist into a table hard enough for splinters to form.  If anyone looked up to see this enraged man, they'd find him to have vanished as if he was never there to begin with.

He was there before she even entered the cabin, arms crossed and eyes spitting fire.  "I don't care about you or what ever kind of day you could possibly be having." he seethed, his tone wavering slightly with near desperation.  "I need you to win this war, so we have a little deal to make"

Acacia's brow furrowed. "What are you talking about?" Frankly, the two had never gotten along, familial bonds only went so far after all. The day she was having would only get worse if he had his usual way. President of her hate club, but honestly, half of the camp was probably in it. For a moment she had become so perplexed by his words that she forgot all about the quest and being chosen. "I'm not giving you my soul, if that's what you're after."

Caine carelessly flipped his hair our of his face.   He didn't have the time for all this.   His Andy was suffering every second they didn't find the cause of the catastrophe.   But he couldn't let anyone see that.   He could only be feared,  never loved. 

"I'm not taking your soul. In fact,  I'm giving you two gifts. " He placed his hand on her shoulder,  his yelled gaze falling on her eyes in a vice grip.  " Without this,  you will never find your strength.   You will cock it up and you will die.   I know you feel it.   Let.  Me. Help.  You. "

Acacia's eyes shifted to the hand on her shoulder and she frowned. "What are the gifts?" She didn't have time for this, she had to save the world or some bullshit.

Caine grinned and stepped back,  swinging the aforementioned weapon into the air,  catching it at the hilt with his other hand.  "The Sword of Peleus,  bathed in Uncle Fester's divine goodness.   You simply cannot lose with this thing--if you are it's owner that is.   I can only relinquish this in a deal,  for as you know I am bound by my father never to just give things away." He pointed the handle toward the woman of pixie stature.   "The price for this will make you unstoppable, all you need is say yes.   Don't you want to make stepmother proud?"  he asked,  raising his eyebrows in hope of swaying her at least a little.  This was a game of chess and Caine was fully prepared to turn a pawn into a Queen. 

The mention of her mother made the winter bird a little angrier than she usually was. "I couldn't care less about making her proud." She spat. "But I do care about this camp, so I'll bite. What's the price, exactly?" She knew he played games, but frankly, she didn't want to dance around the truth. She already knew she was going to regret this -- but if it kept Rai, Rowen, and Red alive it was worth it.

He rolled his eyes.   She just had to be the wise one, didn't she? "Eternal youth and indestructibility,"  he admitted,  which was a partial truth, "Now can you say yes? The smell of your perfume is going to give me night terrors for weeks." 

She didn't trust him, that was for certain. But then again, what choice did she have? "Vague, but I know you won't give me anything better." She held her hand out. Part of her wanted to point out that she didn't wear perfume, and just always carried the aroma of pomegranates, but she resisted. 

"Now this might sting... A lot."  he warned before grabbing her hand and completing the transaction. The lights withing the room began to flicker and the earth around them trembled and groaned in pain.   A white,  searing light began to glow from his other palm which he Abruptly slammed to her chest.   The whispers of souls began to swell around the two as a Primordial act was cast between them.   Caine drew his hand away from her,  pulling with it a shimmering essence in the shape of the girl.   As he did,  her appearance instantly changed from a porous and fleshy human into something of dark ebony and marble.   With a hitch of her breath the spell was complete,  the essence swirling into a vortex within the palm of his hand. He closed his fist around it,  with the lights and their surroundings around them returning to normal.  

"Fuck, " he winced while hunched over, "That hurt me more than it hurt you." Caine opened his palm and tossed the new object as her,  a dark yellow cut of Tanzinite.  "There's your mortality.   The cost of saving everyone.   I hope you hate me now."  he snickered,  leaving the now heavy sword at her feet.  "Enough to kill me when the time is right."  he added low enough so even her newly transformed body could not hear it.    

Acacia instinctively caught the stone and stared at it for a moment. My mortality. She felt herself going numb and could almost feel a pair of arms around herself as her mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water. For the first time she didn't push the feeling away, simply embraced it as she crumbled to her knees, her sobs making her chest hurt.

She quieted as quickly as she had begun, her eyes solid white as she stared at the sword. She was both inside and outside her body. It lasted only a minute, time enough for her composure to return before she was herself and feeling was gone.

.settingoverall { margin: auto;
border-color: #ECECEC;
border-style: solid;
border-width: 10px;
width: 350px;
height: 250px;
}
.settingname { color: #DFA092;
font-family: Impact, Charcoal, sans-serif;
text-align: center;
letter-spacing: 3px;
font-size: 25px;
font-style: italic;
text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.05em #ECECEC;
}
.settingicons { height: 90px;
width: 90px;
border-radius: 50px;
box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px grey;
margin-top: 10px;
margin-left: 15px;
filter: grayscale(100%);
}
.settingsetting { width: 90%;
height: 20px;
margin: auto;
border-top: 1px solid #ECECEC;
border-right: 1px solid #ECECEC;
border-left: 1px solid #ECECEC;
font-size: 10px;
color: #DFA092;
letter-spacing: 2px;
}
.settingpost { width: 90%;
height: 60%;
border-width: 1px;
margin-top: 5px;
text-align: justify;
color: black;
overflow: scroll;
}

setting

season: late fall | time: 10 AM the next day

the heroes of our quest have been briefed by ander. each part of the prophecy has been explained to the best of his ability, but several things remain unknown. the heroes must go to the island of crete and find the cave where zeus was nurtured and raised by amaltheia, a goat. ander has warned them that incredible danger lies ahead and they'll be forced to face more than one opponent on their search for the goat. he knows more, knows what they'll faced, but has been forced into silence by the god apollo, himself.

the rest of the camp is noticeably on edge. not due to the quest, far from it, however, as their issues lie directly in the place they call home. the great python, that once was used to protect that very oracle that channeled herself through ander, was spotted slithering about the woods by first year campers. the creature was reported to be massive, much larger than it'd ever been seen before, and the more skilled campers were immediately put on guard. at this point, everyone's heard about the monster, much to brutus' dismay, and panic has started to simmer in the bellies of all those at the camp.

classes have been cancelled in favor of protecting the camp from the possible threat. 

.donovanoverall { margin: auto;
border-width: 10px;
width: 350px;
height: 400px;
}
.donovanname { color: #065772;
font-family: Impact, Charcoal, sans-serif;
letter-spacing: 3px;
font-style: italic;
}
.donovanicons { height: 90px;
width: 90px;
border-radius: 50px;
box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px grey;
margin-left: 15px;
filter: grayscale(100%);
}
.donovansetting { width: 90%;
height: 20px;
border-top: 1px solid #ECECEC;
border-right: 1px solid #ECECEC;
border-left: 1px solid #ECECEC;
margin-top: 20px;
color: #065772;
letter-spacing: 2px;
}
.donovanpost { width: 90%;
height: 48%;
border-width: 1px;
color: black;
}

donovan

tumblr_inline_o9qne5xKIL1sljtd1_100.png

outfit (x) | mood: nervous | imp. mentions: n/a

it was odd. donovan hadn't been in his armor for years now. ever since he'd become a part of the staff at camp daybreak, it'd sat on display in his room in the main house, perfectly polished and undented. taking it out that morning had felt almost unreal. he'd almost forgotten how incredibly light it was as he'd held it in his hands, before he suited up. it took a moment to get used to the way it slightly restricted his movements, making it difficult to slip on his armored boots, but he managed in the end.

he dug through the drawers of his dresser until his hand wrapped around a familiar, yet strange black cylinder. once he'd pulled it from the depths of his sock drawer entirely, he thrust his hand downward and back up, the small object morphing into a 70 inch spear. it was larger than he was in height, but it was his weapon of choice, and he'd spent years learning how to work the meticulously crafted object. he repeated his previous action and it shrank down again. he tucked it into the place on his belt that had been crafted specifically for it, before he exited his room. 

he was posted further into the forest than the others, due to the fact that he simply had more experience than the rest of the campers. not only was he elite with his weapon, but he had full control of his abilities. many of those younger than him couldn't say the same. 

he took a seat on a log that was beginning to crumble, but stayed firmly in place even with his weight on it. his sense were heightened - they had to be if he wished to notice the snake before he was inside of it - and every little noise had him jumping into action, before he settled back down. he'd opted to keep the spear out of it's magical sheath for the time being, placing its butt on the ground, his hand wrapped firmly around the middle. 

his mind wandered to a certain someone with dark hair and pale skin, but his attention quickly snapped back to the present when a dull hiss met his ears. there was no sign of the creature however, despite the noise, but he remained on alert, waiting for it to rear its ugly head.

.red { width: 350px;
background-image: url(http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6144/5988760566_25ee837f74_z.jpg);
height: 450px;
overflow: auto;
color: white;
font-size: 30px;
border-radius: 20px 0px 20px 0px;
}
.infobox { width: 80%;
background-color: white;
opacity: 1;
margin-left: 36px;
height: 80%;
border-style: solid
}
.title {
letter-spacing: 10px;
margin-left: 92px;
}
.infotext {
color: #000000;
text-align: left;
text-transform: none;
font-family: monaco;

}

red

attire | mood: kinda frustrated | tags: silky

She didn't know who the heroes were, and quite frankly, it actually bothered her. Rita was used to being informed about important matters, being part of the older, more experienced few and all. This time, she was being kept in the dark, however, and she didn't like it. Especially when she had a hunch on who were chosen.

Rita paced back and forth, her dark red boots leaving deep, dark marks in the cool earth. Each step left small quivering flames, which only hissed to sleep as soon as they were born. It was probably colder than a normal human could deal with, but with Rita being the daughter of Hephaestus, temperature was insignificant. It could in the negatives and all she had to do was increase her body's core temperature.

"Ughhh," the the woman groaned as she swung her two swords around aimlessly. Her armor creaked quietly with every swing, further irritating her. She'd only worn this attire once before when it was found neatly folded on her bed. It was assumed that her father had brought it down as a gift for nearly mastering her powers, but she'd never given it any thought before she was told she had to wear it.

"Will you calm down? You're scaring the younger campers." A deep, male voice came from behind.

.silky { width: 350px;
background-image: url(https://secure.static.tumblr.com/2759663569af36f56372c5c292114929/008kcmx/S25o4mslb/tumblr_static_d4dopir0nns484socskc8cwog_640_v2.jpg);
height: 450px;
color: white;
font-size: 30px;
}
.infobox { width: 80%;
background-color: white;
opacity: 1;
margin-left: 36px;
height: 80%;
border-style: solid
}
.title {
letter-spacing: 10px;
margin-left: 92px;
}
.infotext {
text-align: left;
font-family: monaco;

}

silky

attire | mood: same'o | tags: red

In an instant, the New Yorker was on the ground with the tip of a red hot blade to his neck and a boot pressed on to his chest. A strained grunt escaped his throat yet a cheeky, distorted grin had somehow made itself visible. "Heey, Red."

Zevon watched, with cautious eyes, the older woman's posture soften and let out a sigh of relief when he was able to climb to his feet. Death by the little slithering snake would be better than a death by Red.

"What are you doing here?" Red asked, the seriousness in her voice as frightening as ever. He hardly spoke with her, but ever time he did, she always seemed like she wanted to stick a fiery stick down his throat. "And why aren't you wearing your armor?"

With a shrug, Zevon looked down at his outfit and laughed. "They told me that I'm in charge of the infirmary since the camp physician is on leave and I'm the only one who can actually heal who isn't on guard duty. Didn't think I'd need armor if I'm gonna be stuck in a room all day."

Her eyes told him she didn't buy it, but Zevon was telling the truth. He was the only one on camp grounds who could heal and didn't have to be on post, as odd as that was since he was a pretty decent fighter, let's be honest. "Okay, well. You do you hot stuff. I've got to go and try not to burn the place down." He sang as he strolled away, waving lazily at everyone who greeted him.

af2cae3ddd42e8de3e521f0fab6a914d.jpg

large.jpg

638ec8d1380f1976ac7a2e5180d49b89.png

tumblr_oawlkq7Hvb1ul6n0wo4_1280.png

tumblr_o8hr9pohUI1ul6n0wo3_500.png

c810755_d22e5ffa8e366faca7c1005f2cb4ab24.jpg

rowen - acacia - rai

rowen: x x | worried but sated

acacia: x x | flustered as fuck

tag: @mortem

Rowen’s stomach sank the minute she had heard Caine say that Acacia had been chosen. The sound that had came from her throat was inhuman. She had waited at the cabin for the girl’s eventual return and hugged her for over half an hour as they both sobbed. Acacia had told her what Caine had done and they had sobbed more.

Her pale fingers ran across the stone she had in her pocket. She knew what she would do with it, having been entrusted with it. “Hey, sparky.” Rowen called out to the demigod when she found him on guard duty. Her lips curled into a smile as her sneakers hit the ground getting closer to him. “Just the demigod I was looking for.”

Rai was surprised when they’d put him on guard that morning. It wasn’t that he doubted his own fighting abilities, far from it actually, but his demigod abilities weren’t exactly the most stable. He’d sent more than a few kids to the infirmary during classes and though he hadn’t intended it, it was still his fault. Even now, he was doubting his ability to fight the monster without harming the other campers. 

The sound of determined footsteps met his ears and he whirled around quickly. He was sure he paled at the sight of Acacia’s friend, who was smiling, which, in his mind, was never a good thing. His hands were soon raised up, as if in surrender, and he took a step back. “Listen, if you’re here to kick my ass because I lied to Acacia, I totally deserve it, but let’s make an appointment to do it later. I don’t need to get eaten by a giant fucking snake immediately after,” Rai stuttered out, his voice an octave higher than normal.

“You lied to Acacia?” The smile turned to a scowl as her eyes narrowed. “No, I wasn’t here to do that, but now I’m tempted.” She shook her head. The fucking dumbass. Lying to everyone else was fine, but Acacia was her friend and that irritated her. Especially knowing how the girl felt. “I’m just here to give you two things.”

She held out the tanzanite, “keep this safe and don’t let Acacia know you have it. You should be good at that since you’re good at lying to her.” She smirked at him. “The second, word of advice, she’s a great kisser.” Her smirk grew and she winked, quickly dropping the gemstone into his palm before turning away. “Speak of the songbird.”

The newly immortal girl was solemnly making her way to them. She’d had to threaten his whereabouts out of someone, and it didn’t even phase her to do it. She gave half a smile to Rowen as they passed each other and stopped in front of Rai. “Hey, I figured I should say something before I left.”

“Uhm, no?” Rai practically squeaked out, cursing himself inwardly on lying again. It was a habit, one that wasn’t going to be easy to break, and he really couldn’t help himself. He let out a sigh of relief when she seemed to forego the idea of beating the shit out of him, at least for now, and his eyebrows raised in curiosity at her statement. Two things, huh?

When Rowen began to speak again he all but flinched at her words on his lying to Acacia, but he outstretched his hand anyway. He quickly recovered from the hurt, however, at what she said next and he openly gaped at her for a brief moment, putting two and two together once his brain allowed him to. He sputtered unintelligibly for a few moments, but then Rowen was walking away and Acacia was making her way towards him. He shoved the stone into the confines of his chest plate, that was way too big - really, he needed to get it fitted - before he turned to her.

Rai’s eyebrows soon drew together in a frown and the corners of his lips turned down. “Where are you going?” He asked, oblivious. The most obvious answer didn’t seem to reach him and he looked at her expectantly, waiting for an answer.

Acacia stared at him for a moment. “Are you kidding?” She shook her head. “The quest? Ring a bell? I’m being sent to my probable death?” Though, she knew that wasn’t true, she couldn’t tell him the truth. She couldn’t imagine letting him grow old without her.

The Irish man stood there with his mouth agape for, his brain once again coming to a stand still, making it near impossible for him to form a somewhat coherent thought. “Wait - y-you’re going on the - since when?” He asked, his voice rigid and unbelieving, as if she’d have the gall to lie about something that was this important. He knew Acacia better than that, but he wasn’t processing his shock properly.

The girl shifted her weight between her feet. “Yeah, uh, I am.” Her fingers subconsciously toyed with her hair, but she stopped them. She didn’t want to seem afraid. She wasn’t, but she was at the same time. “Look, I just wanted to say something, before I go.” She let a sigh escape her lips before she rushed through it all. “I really like you and I kind of want to hold your hand all the time and I have no experience with any of this but I really want to experience it all with you. I also really need you to know that if I don’t come back I want you to be a better person and maybe lie less? I don’t know, I’m talking really fast.” She took a deep breath and leaned back on her heels, feeling the weight of what she had just confessed.

Rai looked at her dumbly for for several long moments after she’d gotten done speaking, his mouth still agape. He reached a hand up to scratch at his jaw, that was in desperate need of a shave, he noticed, his eyes now on the ground. “You, uh, what?” He asked, still trying to process what she’d just told him. “Hold my ha - what?” He questioned again and looked back up at her, raising his eyebrows. “You like me? But, we’re just - just friends?” It wasn’t often that Rai was reduced to a stuttering fool with nothing witty to say, but it was possible that this was one of the worst times he’d ever experienced.

Oh, gods, what did I do? Practical goddess or not, she was still an awkward teenager. “Uh, yeah. I, uh,” there was a falter in her usually nonchalant tone as she took a step back. “I gotta go save the world, or some sort of bullshit like that. Be careful, please.” She spun on her heel and retreated. Oh, gods.

GABRIELLA HERNANDEZ

5282000-5588669463-tumbl.gif

attire: xxx || mood: bored; frustrated??? eh??? || mentions: keegan || tags: @orphic

[SIZE= 10.6667px]Apparently, it had been a beautiful morning, with a cheerful sky, and slightly less cheerful winter winds. Gabriella would've agreed that the morning was beautiful, had she been awake to see it. She hadn't been in the mood to eat breakfast, so she was totally fine with starving herself, and she was too tired to even sit up. She'd finally fallen asleep around three in the morning, spending the hours of the night reading one of her brother's comic books. Reading his graphic novels was something she often did when she didn't have anything else to do. It happened the day before as well. Despite her dislike for sleeping, she had been asleep the entire day, waking up only a few times to use the bathroom. And now that she was awake once more, she wasn't even hungry.

Her roommate, a sour girl with a sour face, had scolded her unusual laziness, before she left to eat breakfast around ten minutes before eight. Gabriella's laziness was an unusual sight. Most times, she was up and at it by 7:30 sharp, her outfit fit and her makeup on to perfection. She simply wouldn't accept anything less. But today, she finally dragged herself out of bed around 8:30. Her outfit had been laid on a chair the night before, so all she did was change into it, then apply her makeup. By 9:00, she was out the cabin, and wandering around.

There was some sort of buzz around the camp, and she couldn't figure it out. For one, the counselors were going in and out of the main house, and a lot of the older campers had gear on and were reporting to their guarding posts. One person in particular was Keegan Jones, a tough girl with a natural aura of anger. With an easy smile, Gabriella approached her, and asked, "What's going on around here?"[/SIZE]

GABRIEL HERNANDEZ
looks_omg.gif

attire: xxx || mood: hungry || mentions: ander > zevon > fabien || tags: @Aster

[SIZE= 10.6667px]Unlike his sister, Gabriel was awake by the ass crack of dawn, dressed in random clothes that he'd sniffed out to make sure they didn't stink, because while he didn't care much for his looks, he did care about the smell. He wouldn't appreciate it if he smelled like a pile of shit. After his roommate threw a shoe at him to kick him out, Gabriel was on his own, wandering the camp. He was in a slight damper mood, after the recent events. Four deaths, one injured. One of the deaths had been a friend of Gabriel's, but they weren't close enough that he was all too sad.

Ander though, he was a bit familiar with. At times, both would take care of the younger children, but they didn't talk much. Gabriel thought he was cute, but that's all.

When the demi-gods poured inside the dining hall, Gabriel was one of the first to go in, his stomach growling. He got two plates of food, and insulted anyone that looked his way as he went over to his regular table in the corner. There, he ate, and silently judged people. A typical morning for the Hernandez lad. And then Brutus came in talking about the quest, and it wasn't as typical as usual. He already knew he wouldn't be going. Him and Zevon were the only healers in the camp, and they'd be needed to stay there.

The day had gone continued to go on, somewhat normal. Gabriel was on dish-duty after he skipped his Tuesday classes, so there was that. He fell asleep with comics book covering his bed.

This morning started up again with Gabriel waking up early, throwing on random clothing, then going to the dining hall. After the dining hall began to empty out, and Gabriel had eaten an entire third plate, he was out and about once more. He decided to pay a visit to Fabien, an unbelievably attractive boy that was just as awkward as Gabriel. However, as he walked in the other boy's cabin, he noticed the worried look on his face. "What's got your panties in a twist?[/SIZE]

maë leslie mccraeattire: xxx // mood: bawling her eyes out // mentions: everyone

[SIZE= 11px]maë had remained eerily quiet when her and the others that were chosen had been in the main house, brutus and ander explaining the situation, and how the mission would commence. she had been too frightened, too shocked, to even respond. her, fabien, acacia, charlotte, and oliver would be going on a dangerous journey. she had spent the remainder of the day cooped up in her cabin, refusing to come out. what for? so she can go crying to everyone about the fact that she was going the quest?

well, though she didn't want to do such a thing, the tears just came pouring out the second she stepped out of her cabin the next day. it was uncertain when the group would be leaving the camp grounds, but maë didn't want to take a chance with her goodbyes. first, it was the younger campers, and now, she had to move on to the older campers. the tears had dried out a bit. it was harder to say goodbye to the kids, not being able to answer them when they asked if they'd all be alive when they came back.

she didn't know who would be alive, or who would be dead.

she dreaded saying goodbye to her friends. how would they react? how would she react? would she even be able to form the words? her feet dragged along the ground, thumbs twiddling, and she was shaking with sadness.

why me?[/SIZE]

K E E G A N

outfit: x x

weapons: hips, back, shield

mood: determined

music: x

mentions: silky, red, reuben

with: gaby

tags: @m o n a c h o p s i s

It had been a long five years since she had left this place, yet it still felt like it was her home. Despite only spending two years here, she had never felt so at ease anywhere. A smile graced Keegan's lips as she ran her hands along the feathers of her armor. A gift from mother dearest, she wore it as a trophy.

Though, in reality, the truth behind the gift was far less kind. Enchanted owl feathers graced the front, but her back was bared to teach her not to leave her guard down. If that wasn't bad enough, if she were to perish while wearing the suit, her soul would go to the river of lost souls. It was a thought that had never really crossed the demigoddess's mind, as she had no expectations of dying in battle. She was forged a warrior. Her mother's daughter, slayer of the Empusa.

Gracefully she placed her sword on her back and her knives on her hips. She carried her shield with her, knowing she may need it in the long run. Guard duty, after having only been back four days. The one woman army had hoped for a bit of a break upon her return, but she didn't mind either.

Her steel boots hit the ground as she walked to her post, the calculation of distance visible to her eyes and not just her mind. She almost ran into a boy with a painting -- Reuben, she had given him the nickname of sandwich when she first got to the camp seven years ago. "Sorry," she spoke with the same determined tone as usual.

She passed by a male who was departing from a conversation with Red. She smiled fondly at the demigoddess as she continued to her post. Her senses attuned for any sign of the snake. Her fingers eager to attack it. Her muscles ready to go at any given time.

The sound of footsteps didn't distract her, a scowl on her face at the question. "What do you mean what's going on here? Have you been living in a cave?" How anyone could be ignorant of the situation at hand was surreal to Athena's daughter. "The great python is here, you shouldn't be so far from camp." The faint rustling in the trees didn't get past her as she talked to the younger camper.

"You should head back, it's not safe here."

b00821b7551753fe6902c40d83e041fa.jpg

.keeganimg {
height: 120px;
width: 120px;
border: solid 4px #7f7f7f;
border-radius: 100%;
}
.bubble
{
position: relative;
display:inline-block;
width: 45%;
padding: 5px;
background: #FFFFFF;
border: #7F7F7F solid 4px;
-webkit-border-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius: 20px;
border-radius: 20px;
}

.bubble:after
{
content: "";
position: absolute;
bottom: -15px;
left: 45%;
border-width: 15px 15px 0;
border-color: #FFFFFF transparent;
display: block;
width: 0;
z-index: 1;
}

.bubble:before
{
bottom: -19.5px;
left: calc(45% - 3px) ;
border-width: 18px 18px 0;
border-color: #7F7F7F transparent;
z-index: 0;
}

Fabien Sanders

08697cf436b40d07e2cda6818dcda2c0.gif

mood: anxious; expectant

[SIZE= 12px]Armor had never been Fabien's thing but his mother would sooner kill herself than see him go out to battle without some form of protection. A colorful spectrum of neutrals clothed the male from silvery metals, dark leathers and even darker fabrics. Even his fingers were protected and why they were only half covered was completely lost to him. Fashion had never been one of his strong points. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]He felt dumb walking around in stiff, full-body armor - regardless of how "light" the armor is called to be. Dumb, uncomfortable and incredibly out of his skin. He shouldn't be the one dressed as a hero. Even with his demi-god abilities the most he could do is flood the kitchen sinks. The thought of being chosen - him, Fabien I-never-gave-a-shit-about-training-unless-Red's-around Sanders - was enough to make the boy groan. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]The news had been an unpleasant shock in itself but how he found out was even worse. After everyone had been dismissed, the brunet male was unexpectedly picked off by [/SIZE][SIZE= 12px]Jordan Peliksky. Before Fabien could even think of running, the bulky son of Ares had grabbed Fabien by the collar of his t-shirt and quite literally, dragged the male towards the back of his cabin where the rest of the 'I Love To Make Fabien's Life Harder' squad waited. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Now Fabien heard a number of things about how slamming and pinning someone into a wall was hot but this was not what he had in mind when he thought about that. He cringed as his back slammed against the logged walls and pain pricked him enough to grunt in discomfort. His hands struggled to keep the insanely brawny hand from crushing his air canal. "Couldn't wait until sparring match to see me huh?" he choked out smugly, mouth smart despite the compromising situation. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Cut the crap, Sanders. How the hell did someone like you get picked for the quest?" Jordan growled, his fishy breath assaulting Fabien's breathing peripherals. The fetid smell caught more of his attention than Jordan's words. In fact, before Fabien even processed what Jordan said, he was wondering if all the male ever ate was sardines because gods, his breath was atrocious. "Bet you sucked off Ander to get chosen."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Now Fabien was listening. "I have no idea what you're talking about," he grunted, managing to shove Jordan's vice-like grip away from him. "I'm not chosen for the quest and I don't swing that way." At least I don't think I do. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Bull shit." Jordan spat both verbally and physically. A bullet of saliva hitting dangerously near Fabien's foot. A piece of paper was shoved in his face by one of the other sons of Ares. Fabien hadn't taken the time to remember all their names so he usually numbered them accordingly: Jordan 1, Jordan 2, and Jordan 3. Jordan 3 was a girl and frankly, Fabien couldn't remember why she hated him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Hazel eyes skimmed through the contents. The paper crinkled under the tightening grip of his fingers. He read of the names once. And then twice. The chosen were people he knew. His friends were chosen. He was chosen. It was like being hit by an anvil and letting that lead drop straight down in his stomach. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"You're kidding me," his voice cracked with something akin to disbelief. He needed to confirm it. He needed to find Anders. He needed to leave right now. Normally the demi-god would play a good twenty minute game of cat and mouse with the four angry Jordans but not today, not right now. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]The Peliksky's cabin was one of the few that was closer to the forest's many small lakes. With a raise of his arm, Fabien brought a crashing wave of water to drag them in. His hands closed into a tight fist, strengthening the water's hold as the Jordans struggled and cursed their way out. By the time they made it back on land, Fabien was already gone.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]On that day Fabien learned that there was no mistake and it was no joke. Everything was in black and white, but when crumpled up and tossed in water, all the words faded to grey. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]- - - - finally the end of a tediously long flashback / sry to those who had to read it[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Fabien whirled at the sound of his cabin door opening but relaxed when he saw Gabe's friendly face. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"I look stupid, don't I?" Fabien asked, turning to the curly brunet. "Actually, don't answer that. I know I look stupid." He sighs, glancing one last time at his reflection. "And for your information, I don't wear panties. I wear briefs." A lame clicking sound was made with his mouth before he escorted the son of Eris out of his cabin and down towards wherever the heck everyone else was. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"You're not going to be out fighting are you? I never really got how the whole time thing worked," Fabien said, adjusting the leather strap on his wrist. "Like, can you go back in time and undo a death? Possibly my death given my luck." He was rambling; a showing sign of restless nerves. Realizing the sudden dark turn of topic, the male laughed it off. "Just kidding. I'd probably be too busy saving the world."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Mentions: Red @Post Anders @mortem[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Interactions: Gabriel @m o n a c h o p s i s[/SIZE]

14134809_1609609252665975_22350807_n.jpg

KLAUS|[SIZE= 12px]armor: xx|mood: ??!?|mentions: reuben|tags: @orphic[/SIZE]

Another pencil snapped under the pressure of his grip, and out of routine did his other hand rake through the curls of his unkempt hair. The words were too sad, matching the rather wearisome feelings of the camp to a T, but that wasn't Niklaus' intention in the slightest. He assumed the whole point of being stuck here was, in fact, to get away from the endless Hell their origins spawned. Talk of quests, death, and other potential dangers wasn't at all what he anticipated. The words just didn't work.

He wasn't much of a fighter, and it didn't take a genius to figure that out by simply talking to him; however, that would insinuate that Klaus actually talked more than he wrote. He would have to be social in such cases. The armor he adorned was simplistic like him. It was open, easily manipulated, and frankly he thought it was a deserving dish of irony. After all, he could manipulate words the way a sword could surely pass through the leather. Perhaps Homer would have felt equally ridiculous if he had to step out into a war whilst writing the Iliad or the Odyssey.

While the boy had few acquaintances, or friends in general, there was one camper in particular that brought a sense of indifference he could never place. The aforementioned male walked by passing bodies like the Holy Grail was on the other side, carrying a painting despite the circumstances surrounding them. Their relationship, between Reuben and Klaus, was something atop a stable layer of spite. A child of Fama, a Goddess who thrived on building up people's societal standings for the sake of juicy greed, and one of Venus, who monopolized compliments and fed from lust, would have been thick as thieves if it weren't for Klaus' dislike for both parental parties. He strived to be the opposite of both, and with it sparked minor rivalry. There were dozens of kids in the camp, yet the Amsel boy decided to start something with one of the most likeable. Smooth.

Nothing happened at first; blue eyes simply followed Reuben's determination as it passed. Until it passed in front of Klaus.

He didn't know what came over him, and honestly didn't want to once he realized what he had done. The painting, the Venus boy; they didn't deserve their descent upon the ground after Klaus' foot stepped out in time to catch Reuben's. In all honesty, the silent male didn't even remember doing it. The same feeling occurred on multiple occasions, ending in a plight he would never have considered getting into if he had any control over it. But then again, maybe it was all because he didn't. "I'm-" Klaus choked out, lending a hand out like it'd make up for what probably seemed like an act of pure pettiness.

Was he sorry? Of course he was. The painting Reuben carried looked important, symbolic, and if someone ruined his poetry, he'd have a similar look of irritation -- of piling anger; it was ruined. Did he feel it? That was the kicker. One half radiated remorse, while the other felt eerily okay with the matter.

14295474_645056649002131_6608800116910325760_n.jpg

// G R E E R    B J O R N

greer // somehow calm  --  location // somewhere

outfit // (x x)  --  mentions // fabien -- [SIZE= 12px]tags // elspeth @Aster [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Greer stared at the bizarre attire lying on her sheets. This was hers? She didn't remember the last time she [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Her armour was similar to the standard leather clad outfit of the other campers' but hers had additional... details. Throwing stars and thin, sharp shapes of enchanted ice juts out from its frosty surface. Mountains of ice wrapped around the breast area, texturing the material. If she remembers correctly, she never had the need to don on this particular piece of armour considering sparring matches weren't so serious and deadly. She could use the standard spares provided near the spot anyways. But that's only partial of the reason why. The other explanation...[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Hey Agnes," she began, glancing at her bunkmate. The young child of Boreas looked at her with one eye closed and her other contact lens on her index finger. Agnes responded with firm yet questioning 'hrmm'. "Can't I accidentally stab someone in the face with spikes like these?" Greer lifts up the article of clothing, and demonstrates its so-called danger by brushing the barbs with the tip of her fingers.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"If you're so worried," she paused and blinked. "just manipulate it." Greer responded with a blank expression. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Agnes, in turn, smashed her fist into her palm. "Oh, you're not good with ice. I forgot." The girl gestured for the protective covering to be given to her and the Swede enthusiastically obliged. As her sister shapes the spikes to a duller and flatter shape, she makes the bed, tugging the duvet ever so slightly. Subconsciously, she trails her touch on the braid she had the day before, undone and redid to look orderly and neat.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"So," the Norwegian continues handing back the armour, "Hopefully your ice power how you say," --she snaps her fingers-- "distress signals are good enough to trigger the spikes during battle. Like if you're fighting, the energy of your aura would probably affect the armour and the spikes will grow back." [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Greer nods and slipped on the garments.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Speaking of ice powers, you should practice yours."chirped Janni from the opposite side. "I know you're like 'I'm the wind girl of this Boreas cabin' but ice is way more useful." [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"I have Fabien." she replies curtly. Silence descended upon the cabin as the mention of the son of the sea goddess reminded everyone of her imminent departure for possible death. But silence is common in the Boreas cabin, because there's-- what?-- six of them? Greer sheathes her sword and they left, dispersing as they reached outside. Before she takes her position at her post, she has a visit to make.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]In front of her is the Janus cabin. She enters, and at one of the beds sit Elspeth. The small girl was looking down at the wooden floors. Greer remembered how she was... sad. Certainly the blonde didn't want to be sad at the time but the stiffness of her words, the shaky voice tells its own story. She approaches, and the mattress sinks as she sits next to her. "I'll be okay." she says, looking at the same floor she is. "Will you?"[/SIZE]

Elspeth Vlasis

[SIZE= 12px]The news of the questers had brought a surge of multiple mixed feelings throughout the members of Camp Daybreak; most bad over good. Like anyone else, Elspeth held the standard amount of concern for those leaving but once that one familiar name had been listed and later announced, that containable amount of worry escalated rapidly into fear.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Being sad was the understatement of the century. With less friends than fingers on a hand, Elspeth wasn't sure just how she was going to cope with the newfound lost. Greer was one out of her two friends in Camp Daybreak and one of very rare and very few people who could look past the blonde's inability to properly express her thoughts.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Sitting on the bed in her bunk with her hands folded in her lap, Elspeth had little to eat and much to mull. Overthinking was in-deliberate and inescapable. Her shoulders hunched over as her eyes closed in concentration. She willed her power of foresight to help her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]It was foolish for her to think that her would-be-useful-if-tamed power would be anything but useless this time round. Her mind was assaulted with obscure images. None of which the Janus babe could make heads or tails with. It was like seeing blurs of color and murmured voices, all too incorrigible. It was frustrating. It had always been frustrating, but if it had meant helping her friend even just a little on their quest, Elspeth would go through the mentally straining lengths.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]After her tenth try at foresight, her head screamed for rest. Mentally, she was exhausted but emotionally, the petite babe was still fueled with determination. Her body - unable to keep up with the strainous effort - protested with a pounding headache. She was resting when the purpose for her stubborn acts walked in through her cabin doors and sat down besides her. Elspeth followed her movements with watchful eyes, silent but loud with unsaid thoughts. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"I will be if you are," she said, her words butchering the meaning she intended in her mind. There was no way someone like Elspeth was going to be okay with it but she, like everyone else, knew that greer had no choice. Fate was a cruel thing and now became one of the many Elspeth wished she could manipulate. Her only wish now was for greer to come back safely. For her to be okay whether she was on the quest or not. "Come back soon." Is what she said and yet her words carried the weight of a thousand heartfelt good-byes. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Interactions: Greer @Chamomile[/SIZE]

R E U B E N

outfit: x

mood: ijgoehatkknc :((

mentions: keegan

with: klaus

tags: @Lutalica

He had been working on it since the night before, trying to capture the perfect scene. Gemini had allowed him to sketch her - and had fallen asleep while he was. The Diana cabin was peaceful, she was an only child, and he enjoyed painting there when she allowed him. His tired eyes greeted her when she woke up to head out to post, They didn’t have to say a word to one another. Her disapproving look said all that was needed.

Reuben knew he should have slept, but his younger siblings needed a pick-me-up. His ability to make paintings move never ceased to amaze the kids in his cabin - and there were several. Being the oldest he felt responsible for them all. He wanted to protect them, even if it meant giving up his life.

He passed by several campers, all looking solemn. It made him even more sure of his plan. He passed by Keegan and frowned, she had dubbed him sandwich before she left camp and he had hated her ever since. He glanced at his work as he walked towards his cabin.

The painting in his hands was simple, but a masterpiece in its own right. She had posed like a dancer and he had added in animals with her. The plan was to put on a show to lift the spirits of those he shared a parent with. But one move from another demigod sent that plan crumbling in front of him. Or, tearing.

He fell to the ground, too exhausted to properly catch himself, and the painting went flying. He didn’t see what it tore on, but the large gash was as unforgiving as the temperament of the camp itself. His ice blue eyes stared at it in dismay before he finally accepted what had happened and pulled himself to his feet — ignoring the hand held out to help him up.

“Don’t worry about it.” The son of Venus declared, despite not hearing the word sorry. A part of him wanted to cry, but he needed to stay strong for his siblings. “At least you weren’t the snake.”

The icy blue never looked away from the painting as he spoke, and when he picked it up his heart sank. The gash had gone right through Gemini’s heart. At least he still had the sketches, he could animate them instead, he supposed.

He felt helpless now. He hadn’t even put on his armor yet, but even that wouldn’t have made him feel more in control.

d355c79d452a0f4fe71c65ff357f472a.jpg

.keeganimg {
height: 120px;
width: 120px;
border: solid 4px #7f7f7f;
border-radius: 100%;
}
.bubble
{
position: relative;
display:inline-block;
width: 45%;
padding: 5px;
background: #FFFFFF;
border: #7F7F7F solid 4px;
-webkit-border-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius: 20px;
border-radius: 20px;
}

.bubble:after
{
bottom: -15px;
left: 45%;
border-width: 15px 15px 0;
border-color: #FFFFFF transparent;
z-index: 1;
}

.bubble:before
{
bottom: -19.5px;
left: calc(45% - 3px) ;
border-width: 18px 18px 0;
border-color: #7F7F7F transparent;
z-index: 0;
}

u suck

.collab1overall { max-width: 100%;
width: 600px;
height: 400px;
}
.collab1left { width: 28%;
height: 50%;
background-color: #dec2cf;
border-radius: 5px;
float: left;
}
.collab1right { width: 28%;
height: 50%;
background-color: #bc8f8f;
float: right;
margin-top: 200px;
}
.collab1title1 { font-family: 'Nunito', sans-serif;
font-size: 20px;
}
.collab1img1 { height: 70px;
width: 70px;
border-radius: 50%;
margin-left: 10px;
}
.collab1sidetext { height: 43%;
width: 85%;
font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;
margin-top: 75px;
}
.collab1sidetext2 { height: 43%;
width: 85%;
}
.collab1img2 { height: 70px;
width: 70px;
border-radius: 50%;
margin-left: 10px;
}
.collab1post { border-color: #dddddd;
border-width: 3px;
width: 42%;
font-size: 9px;
margin-left: 6px;
height: 100%;
}

ander & donovan

Matthew-Daddario-matthew-daddario-39523081-100-100.png

----- played by @mortem ------
donovan / mood: this woMAN / with: rowen /

ander / mood: redy 4 a fite / with gemini /

The unclaimed demigoddess had managed to locate the older male she was looking for rather easily. The smile that had faded with Rai quickly came back to her cheeks. “Look at you, looking all hot and dangerous in your armor.” Rowen teased, waiting for the redness that was inevitably going to cover his skin. He was sitting on a log, and while she was half tempted to join him, she refrained. Her back pressed against a tree as she crossed her arms over her chest and watched for his reaction.

Donovan was shocked out of his stupor quickly and turned, his eyes falling on the tall, lithe form that Rowen possessed. He swallowed thickly at her words and cursed himself mentally when he felt heat spread from the center of his face, to the tips of his ears. He's positive that if he were to take off his armor right now, the redness would be covering the top part of his chest. Of course, he doesn't do that, and instead turns away from her a bit. He can still look at her, but with a giant snake on the loose, he's not going to take any chances when it comes to both (her) of their safety. "Shouldn't you be, uh -," He paused to wet his lips with his tongue, before starting over. "Shouldn't you be geared up?"

“I probably should be, but this is a lot easier for you to take off.” Her tone was joking enough, but her gaze was serious. The blush on his face and ears was exactly the reaction she was looking for. “Don’t worry, I’m kidding.” Her eyes shifted to watch the trees around them before pushing herself off the tree. “Honestly, I came out here because we haven’t even kissed yet and we could literally die any second. So, let’s fix that?” Her cool exterior hid the butterflies in her stomach perfectly. She hadn’t felt this way in a very long time, and she sure as hell didn’t want to die before something came of it all. From the day she had cried when he raised his hand to point to something, she had known she had wanted him. No matter how hard she had tried to keep him pushed away from her. They somehow ended up back here.

Donovan felt a new rush of heat all over his face and neck, his mouth falling open a bit in an attempt to babble out a response. He wanted to kiss her - though he hoped that wasn’t too obvious - but he was supposed to be on watch and he didn’t exactly want to get eaten while he was lip-locked with Rowen. He was saved from his embarrassing stuttering by a scream that sent a cold shiver down his spine. He was quick to turn his attention from Rowen to the direction of that scream, a frown on his face. He looked back at her, eyed her up and down once, before saying, “I think you might want your gear after all.”

Ander grimaced as he made his way out of the staff house, stretching his arms up over his head. The Director had requested that he rest another few days and he’d considered it, but then he’d heard about the snake slithering around in the woods and he couldn’t sit around useless. He was on his way to the armory to scare some poor Hephaestus and Vulcan kids into giving him his bow and armor back when he felt a familiar tap on his shoulder. He turned and spotted a head full of cotton-candy pink hair, his eyebrow raising. Gemini.

“How did I know you wouldn’t rest?” She snickered, holding out his bow and quiver. “I may have given you a little bit of an upgrade on your bow, but I won’t tell you what it is yet.” She had slept really well, as she usually did on nights that Reuben painted in her cabin. Something about his presence always relaxed her; which made her all the more eager to get to her post. “I’m on guard duty today, if you want to join me.”

“That’s rude,” Ander replied deftly, smirking a bit as he took the two items from her. He slipped the quiver over his head and adjusted it to his liking, before running a loving hand over his bow. He’d missed it. He looked back up at Gemini and smiled a bit, ruffling her bright hair. “C’mon. We don’t want someone to get eaten while we’re hanging around,” He stated, before he motioned for her to take the lead, since he didn’t know where she was posted.

A sly smile graced her lips, “no ruder than you messing up my buns.” Her pace wasn’t too quick, but it wasn’t really slow either. She moved with grace, each step more calculated than the last. It could not be confused that she was a daughter of the hunt. Her footsteps left almost no sound on the earth as she made her way to the assigned post. There were spirits of campers that had died walking along with the two archers, and she talked quietly to them. “Go bug one of the other necro campers now, this is my post.” She shooed the spirits, but some of them remained there anyway.

Ander rolled his eyes, but there was a fond smile on his face. He followed after the graceful girl with practiced ease. She was quicker than he was, her movements were never clumsy, but he’d learned how to keep up in the time he’d known her. He listened quietly as she spoke to something; he knew what she was talking to, but he never brought it up. Not since that first time he’d asked. He thought it was cool that she could speak to spirits and he’d told her as much when she’d first admitted it to him. Now, he didn’t see a reason to bring it up. “You think there’s actually a snake or did one of the first years just ‘see’ something again?”

“Wouldn’t surprise me,” Gemini mused. “How are you feeli--” her question was left hanging when she heard the scream, and chills ran down her spine. “Or maybe there is something.” Her arrow was in her bow long before her feet began their path to the source. Some may have ran the other way, but this was her duty to the camp. To the younger campers. To her mother. To Ander.

Ander had an arrow in his bow shortly after Gemini. He might’ve been the senior archer between the two of them, but she was always faster than he was. He followed after her with his drawback arm taut and ready to pull the arrow back, letting it fly into whatever was causing those screams. He couldn’t deny that the pitch of the scream had caused his spine to tingle unpleasantly and he wanted to stop it as soon as possible.

The serpent was monstrous in size. He caught sight of it thrashing, hissing, it’s venomous fangs dripping and bared for the all demigods surrounding it to see. It was a deep brown-green color - perfect to disguise itself in the dark depths of the forest - but it’s eyes were the color of amber and seemed to glow even in the middle of the day. There didn’t seem to be any campers injured, the ones surrounding the beast all had their weapons out, were all prepared to fight at a moment's notice. They’d been trained for this, after all.

A moment later, however, and Ander spotted what the scream had come from - or, rather, who. Dark hair that was normally prim and proper was now splayed out across the man’s sweaty forehead. The pupils that rested against the canvas of bright blue were spread wider than Ander had ever seen them. His jaw was locked, the lower part of his body completely still while his arms and hands clawed at the Earth, digging up dirt and grass as he tried to get away from the beast.

Caine Grimshaw did not succeed.

After rearing back dangerously, the snake flew forward and snapped its jaws closed around the upper half of Caine’s body. The man’s entire body went limp, the limbs dangling from the creature’s mouth going slack after mere seconds of being held. The snake threw it’s head back and let the man’s body slide down his throat. The campers watched in horror as a Caine-size lump traveled down the length of the snake, before it inevitably stopped.

Arrows started to fly after that and swords were swung at the creature, trying to get a stab in anywhere they could. The concern was on the camp. They couldn’t save the fallen, they had to just keep fighting. And that’s what they did.

--- played by @phosphenes ---
gemini / mood:  uh what are emotions / with: ander /

rowen / mood: frustrated (sexually) / with: donovan /

tumblr_inline_o220lqpfYO1sl9wwu_250.png

gemini & rowen

do9929.jpg

_______________________ A C A C I A _______________________

mentions: rai - tags: none - mood: angst as heck

The screams were heard throughout the camp, but the Underworld’s daughter didn’t have to hear them to know what was happening. In fact, by the time the screams

were audible she couldn’t hear them. Some people describe thrashing and convulsions, some people describe falls. For Acacia it was a loss of consciousness. Or at least,

mortal consciousness.

She found herself in the underworld most of the time. Her hands were the only part of her that moved - shaking violently as her mouth gaped open and her eyes glazed

over. She watched the spirits coming and going, wondering which of them triggered the seizure her death sense brought on. Then she saw him. Caine.

Surprise was the right word, she supposed. She locked eyes with his spirit and almost wanted to smile at him. Smirk, really. She didn’t. Her face as unfeeling as ever. Then it

was over.

She would have hit the ground if she hadn’t grabbed onto the tree. It exhausted her, even in her new state of being. There was a part of her that wanted to go and find him,

Rai, but she didn’t. The pain that would bring wouldn’t be any less than the pain brought on by what she had just experienced. Perhaps in another life she would have been

able to go to him, and just rest in his arms. But that implied that there was something between them - which there clearly was not.

A pang in her chest caused her to ease herself to the ground. She planned to hide out here until it was time to leave for the quest, deep in the woods where no one would find

her. The snake didn’t scare her, not anymore - not ever. A breathy sigh escaped her lips as she talked quietly to herself. Walking through all the myths she had heard, none of

them dealt with getting rid of immortality.

Except one. It would require a god — and there was no guarantee it would work as it was heavily embellished.

The silence of the woods around her did not escape her, the animals and trees silent throughout. Reacting to the feelings produced by the raven haired girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back