Combat system Poll

It has come to my attention that some believe the combat system would be inefficient or simply take

• Keep the combat system

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remove the combat system

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think the combat system makes sense for what you're trying to create here. while it does put a lot of power in the hands of the GMs, that shouldn't be a problem as long as the Gms remain relatively objective

the easiest solution would be to have 3 GMs, that way if they disagree there's a tiebreaker and it's unlikely that there could be a combat involving all GM characters, so that at least one GM will be significantly less invested in the fight and have an easier time being fair.

The main concern is people tend to interfere and like to interfere in the middle of things. And the concern is that, that main mechanic would disappear if the combat system remains the way it is

I think with a little reworking it's quite viable. I personally like the concept you guys have going, but AaronVolcano has a legitimate point about interference. While it would make for some interesting ad lib-ing, for the sake of fairness I'd envision something like this: since servants are well known to be sensitive to magical energies, and pick up on hostile intent and overall are good at knowing when battles are occurring, I don't think it'd be unreasonable for the GM's to tip off the servants/masters (OOC of course) who are within the reasonable area that they'd possibly interfere, when a conflict would be upcoming. The outsiders then wouldn't have to necessarily decide if they were to participate, but could submit a kind of lesser draft of what they'd plan on doing to the GM's, so that that possibility can be put into consideration. Having them act as a sort of wild card. Just a very unshapely thought I had, probably too difficult to implement. I do like how the system is though, maybe just expanding the circle of communication OOC or good foresight on the player's part on what they'd want to do will allow it to function well enough. 

I think with a little reworking it's quite viable. I personally like the concept you guys have going, but AaronVolcano has a legitimate point about interference. While it would make for some interesting ad lib-ing, for the sake of fairness I'd envision something like this: since servants are well known to be sensitive to magical energies, and pick up on hostile intent and overall are good at knowing when battles are occurring, I don't think it'd be unreasonable for the GM's to tip off the servants/masters (OOC of course) who are within the reasonable area that they'd possibly interfere, when a conflict would be upcoming. The outsiders then wouldn't have to necessarily decide if they were to participate, but could submit a kind of lesser draft of what they'd plan on doing to the GM's, so that that possibility can be put into consideration. Having them act as a sort of wild card. Just a very unshapely thought I had, probably too difficult to implement. I do like how the system is though, maybe just expanding the circle of communication OOC or good foresight on the player's part on what they'd want to do will allow it to function well enough. 

This gives me an idea. I really like where you are going with this. I'll work on editing this then let everyone know. Thank you very much

As a solution to the whole "everyone likes getting into each other's business" arguement, I wish to present the following. 

1. In most situations when someone interferes with an all out fight, the combatants either wait until a later date or turn on the intruder. 

2. Anyone within reasonable range to interfere with the fight will be notified OOC, then asked if their character would interfere. Observing doesn't change the outcome, but interfering does. 

3. The details of the fight discussed OOC are limited to Luck, use of NP, any traps that were initially set, and the outcome. Base details of the fight are left to the actual fight. In doing this, a sense of what should happen in the fight is achieved, but not so much work is put in that everyone involved gets upset when someone interferes. 

4. Going back to number 1, in the event of inteference, the combatants decide whether to end the fight or continue it. If they choose to end it, both parties leave the third party all alone. If they choose to fight, a new guideline is drawn up. 

I understand there will be problems, but in most situations it will make the fight go a lot smoother if everyone understands their power level and position and who "should" win the fight. Interferences happen, but those can end up saving someone's life or just getting yourself killed. If anyone has any further concerns or ideas please, I am always open to suggestions. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back