• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Colored Fieldsets

Lexielai

Cal Bear
Hi!

I just had a question in regards to BBCoding. I know you can color the text inside of the "Fieldsets" code, but is it possible to change the color of the actual borders as well?

For example, if you look below, is a Fieldset without color of any sort.

Code:
[Fieldset=Test]Test[/Fieldset]

Test Test

Now this is a Fieldset with the text colored. I tried to color the Fieldset too by including the Color tag around the Fieldset, but it didn't work.

Code:
[Fieldset=Test][color=Red]Test[/color][/Fieldset]

Test Test

Let me know if there's a way to color the borders too! I like having the text embedded into the border, but I could try using normal borders if this doesn't work out.

Lexielai

Fieldsets aren't really all that capable of color changing, though I could try to figure out a way to simulate a fieldset with a colored border and some other bbcode using text. Please don't expect positive results, but I can try! :x

This message was brought to you by the certified BBCode Priestess (as named by Admin Morde during the image border removal period)

I present your new fieldset! (hoping it works like it did in private workshop)

Insert Crazy Random Title Here With Color And Font

Text With Color Here Inside Colored Border

Dammit, it's not working how it was in the workshop >~< *goes back to drawing board*

Last edited by a moderator:
Lexielai said:
Sugoi~ How did you do it?
It's clearly not working entirely (at least for me), though it's getting there >~< I'll give you the complete code when I get it to cooperate entirely, like how the text is moved out of place and shtuffs compared to a normally-made fieldset >~<

I'm getting the feeling one must manually type it out each time if they wish for it to work properly... >~<

Yep, it's picky about being typed out entirely each time thus not allowing copy and paste, plus it has some limitation to appeal due to changing often times based on screen resolution/browser window size... At least, that's how I see it. Still, hopefully you can make some use of my odd creation...? Here's how I did the first one, which worked rather well in my private workshop :x

Code:
[imagefloat=left]

[indent][indent][indent][centerblock=100][bg=#fbfbfb][color=#00b3b3][font=Pacifico]Insert Crazy Random Title Here With Color And Font[/font][/color][/bg][/centerblock][/indent]

[/indent][/indent]
[/imagefloat]

[border= 2px groove #950000]
[color=#b30000]Text With Color Here Inside Colored Border[/color]

[/border]

By the way, the bg code you change based on the background color in place, so if you do something like use bg color to make it black behind, change that too if not obvious :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back