Story Collection of Short Stories

BloodWolfRising

Dame of the Moon's Darkness
Roleplay Type(s)
Story Prompt: Betrayal

Title: Lovers Curse

Lily stared at Cohan, “You know you shouldn’t be here, she’ll get jealous again and this time she may even do something to hurt you.” Cohan frowned, “I told her to leave us alone, Lily. I know you think I'm just saying this because of the curse but I love you and I think we are destined to be together.”

Lily flinched, “You say that but we still change form.” He reached up, taking her platinum blonde hair between his fingers and pressing it to his lips, she pulled from his grasp.

Cohan retracted his hand in hurt, “It’s just because you're scared and haven’t opened your heart to me yet. It’s all Yvonne’s fault, I’ll tell her if she doesn’t stay away I’ll completely cut ties with her.” Lily trembled, did he not know how scary Yvonne was, especially now that she could turn into a snake and Lily was stuck with a small rabbit form.

Cohan sighed, "Do you really think she would hurt you?" Lily now stared at him, "Are you kidding me? The twelve of us are in this damn mess thanks to her tripping me! Just because you were looking at me and you think she wouldn't do something more to hurt me?"

"I..." Cohan bit his lip running a hand through his short black hair, "What can I do to make you see Yvonne won't stand between us?" Lily glanced out the window of her house and froze as she noticed a very familiar figure. "Please just leave..."

“Lil please…” He took a step closer but she moved away from him, “I can’t do this Cohan, you come here and try forcing your feelings onto me! I can’t, I don’t…I don’t love you anymore!!!!” She screamed, closing her eyes as tears slid down her face. Cohan froze, “W-what?”

She looked at the floor, “The moment you and Yvonne started dating I decided to cast my feelings out, so I could still hang out with you. I…I didn’t want things to be weird between us and Yvonne knew this, but as soon as she noticed your feelings beginning to shift to me she told me to leave.”

Cohan stared at Lily, “That’s why you suddenly got so busy and you rushed to get hired on as Hades' assistant because you knew you’d be busy. So…it’s my fault you got trapped with us in this curse…” Lily looked up to find Cohan staring at her, she wanted to correct him.

She wanted to tell him it wasn’t his fault, but she knew if she did that wouldn’t help them. “Yes, it’s your fault, if you had just stayed true to Yvonne then I wouldn’t be in this mess! I wouldn’t have to worry about losing my human self and turning into a freaking rabbit! At least your animal form is a horse! You aren’t some small fluffy creature that can be killed by almost anything!!!”

Now her anger and fear came to the surface, “D-do you have any idea how much the others hate me now… No, because you weren’t the one who dropped and broke that forsaken artifact! You're not the one who is being blamed for something that could ruin our lives! All because Yvonne was jealous and wanted to hurt me, well guess what, she got it and you? You want to sit here and pledge your love to me when we aren’t destined to be together! That’s like sealing our fate, do you want to live the rest of your life as a horse, because I don’t want to die as a rabbit!” She was panting now, tears spilling from her eyes.

“S-so please just leave me alone Cohan, I am begging you…please…”

Cohan clenched his fists, “Fine…but we aren’t done here.”

Once he was out of her house she collapsed on the floor crying her eyes out, rocking back and forth. Her emotions were such a wreck right now, but she still loved him. She had simply lied because she knew deep in her heart that they weren’t destined to be together. If they had been, surely something would have changed by now. They would be normal humans again and the curse would be gone.

A shiver raced down her spine as the door creaked open, "Look at the little rabbit curling into herself. You know Lily, all of this could have been avoided from the start if you had just left Cohan and me alone." Lily sat up but was unable to move as her eyes noticed something shiny in Yvonne's gloved hands.

"W-what are you doing here?" Yvonne smiled and Lily shivered, "Just making sure you do the right thing. You know, I've been thinking ever since we were cursed, that the rabbit really does suit you and the snake suits me. After all, snakes often devour rabbits."

As Lily stared at Yvonne, the worst kind of fear consumed her, "I've also been thinking, the easiest way to get Cohan away from you is to remove you from the problem." Lily's eyes grew wider, "P-please...Yvonne...we've been friends for so long...I..."

Yvonne closed the gap between them, "Hush sweet Lily, I won't kill you. No, you see this knife? It's meant for you to use it on yourself." Now Lily was beginning to hyperventilate, what was Yvonne even saying at this point. Yvonne began to laugh, "Yes, see, it makes perfect sense. You just couldn't bear the curse anymore on top of Cohan pressuring you."

She was grinning, "Yes, Cohan would be so heartbroken and he wouldn't blame me if anything he'd turn back to me and that's when I would strike. After all, no one would ever guess that I would be behind your death and his. I'm not his destined one and neither are you." Shocked filled Lily's face and Yvonne cupped her cheek, "Did you think I could watch him fall for some other hussey. You should know better than anyone I wouldn't let that happen."

Yvonne placed the knife in Lily's hand, "So I'm going to leave and you will end your life tonight and once you're gone I'll comfort our dear Cohan and then be sure to end his misery."

Yvonne patted Lily's cheek before turning to leave. "N-no..." She stopped, turning to stare at Lily who was now standing on shaky legs. "What did you say to me?" Lily glared at her, "I said no...for once I am standing up to you Yvonne! I won't give in like I always have..." Yvonne smirked, "Oh..."

She walked over to Lily grabbing her face roughly, "You are standing up to me when I tell you to kill yourself? Now come on little rabbit, that's not very nice of you. I was giving you an easy way out. You and I both know you'll never find the person who will save you from this curse! You're too timid! You couldn't even ta..."

There was a strange swish and then pain filled Yvonne, she glanced down seeing Lily's trembling hands pressing the knife deeper into her gut. Fresh tears slid down Lily's face, "The little rabbit has fangs after all..." Yvonne spat out bitterly, "But you should have used more force than that!" Lily wasn't sure what she was doing right now, but her flight or fight instincts were telling her to fight. She twisted the knife, "I'm not dying just so you can have things your way! I'm so tired of that!!!" She ripped the knife out and Yvonne gasped, reaching down to cover the bleeding spot.

"L-lily, what have you done?"

She turned pale hearing Cohan's voice as he rushed over to Yvonne, "Don't worry Yvonne I'll call for an ambulance and we will get this taken care of. Lily!! What are you doing? Put that down and help!"

"You're worried about her?" Cohan was so confused, "You just stabbed her, how can I not be worried!!"

"But she...she wanted me to kill myself...this knife was hers. She gave it to me telling me to kill myself so that you would be so heartbroken she could be by your side and then kill you..." Cohan frowned looking at Yvonne, who was crying, "H-help me Cohan, I just came to talk to her and...and she..."

"Hush now Yvonne, I know...okay...." Lily felt hurt, no, she felt devastated, was he really not going to believe her over Yvonne? After everything Yvonne had done to her... "You are such a liar Cohan...you don't love me...if you did none of this would have happened..."

He didn't have time to listen, "Just get me something to stop the bleeding!!!" He didn't hear Lily move though, he turned, "LILY COME ON!!!" But there she was and he felt the pain of something stabbing into his chest.

"L-lily..." Shock crossed his eyes as he stared at her, "I guess...Yvonne is getting her wish after all.." Lily leaned in, placing a soft kiss against his lips, "I'm sorry...." She whispered and then just like that she was gone. Cohan and Yvonne lay there in Lily's house, the sounded of sirens and flashing lights filled the house but it was too late.

They had both stopped breathing, having bled out before the paramedics got there and no one ever saw Lily after that...

A Few Years Later…

"Hades, do you think Yvonne and Cohan really wanted to be buried next to each other?" He sighed as he stared at his wife, "I know they loved each other and that at one point they had mentioned it." Jean looked over their graves, "Oh look, it's a little rabbit...but...what an odd color of fur..."

Hades glanced at where she was pointing to see a small platinum blonde furred rabbit resting near Cohan's gravestone. He frowned, "I think it's dead...I wonder if someone lost their pet?"

He wrapped an arm around Jean as she gasped, "The poor thing..."
There was a strange look in Hades eyes as he guided Jean away, "Let's head out, I'm going to be late at this point..." She nodded, "I'm sure your friends are just happy that you come to pay respects to them on the day they were murdered. It's too bad their killer was never found."

He sighed, glancing back at the dead rabbit once more. "Sometimes people can just change and vanish without a trace. I'm sure she got what she deserved, karma always gets you...like a curse."

Last edited:
Story Prompt: Careful What You Wish For

Title: Vanquished Star

“Alysa!!! Alysa look this way for me!!!”

“Alysa, can I get a picture of you from this angle?”

I groaned as I walked down the red carpet, but a faded smile was plastered to my face. Stopping and waving as I passed people, the flashes of their cameras giving me a headache. I had always held the dream of becoming a famous Star. I had the looks, the voice, and the talent. So it was never hard for me to gain popularity, even when I was a child. I’ve starred in countless movies, and had endless amounts of albums, and my face was plastered along the streets. For most, it’d be a dream come true, but for me…it no longer held that glimmer. I was so tired, tired of being called upon, of being photographed. I was tired of all the fake people surrounding me, no one was true, they all hid behind smiling masks.

One reporter got through the tape and rushed me, “Alysa, is it true you and Farin broke up? What happened? Are you two truly done with each other?” My anger spiked as I moved away from the woman, “Alysa please answer, we are all dying to know why you cheated on him!!!” I stopped taking in a deep breath before I glanced at the woman. “Leave me alone…” I muttered my voice cold, my smile gone. “I’m sorry what?” She asked, jabbing the microphone into my face, a camera not too far. “I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!!! WHY CAN'T YOU ALL JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!” I screamed, I saw the shock on their faces before everything went black.

I was confused as I found myself standing in a pitch-black room, with no sound, or light, besides what covered my body. “Wait…did I just die?” I asked the darkness but only my voice echoed back to me. “Great…” I walked around using the light that hovered along my body to guide me. I was hoping to find something in the place but there was nothing.

“Hello?” I called out again, waiting for some sign that I wasn’t alone. A few minutes seemed to pass before I heard a deep chuckle, “Why hello Alysa Craft. To what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you so soon?” I turned sharply and saw a pair of red demonic eyes staring at me. “W-who are you?” The bodiless voice chuckled, making the eyes squint. “Well, I am your partner my dear. Has your riches made your mind dull?”

“P-partner?”

“Yesss…” The deep voice hissed and it sent shivers through my body, “I don’t remember you…I’ve never made a deal with a demon…”

“Ahh…but you see that’s where you are wrong.”

I watched as a body formed and a man stood before me, his skin was black blending in with the room they stood in before light pooled out under us and I saw myself, “Shall I help you remember?” I watched as I ran, blood covering the front of me, “W-what?” The demon hushed me, “Just wait, we are getting to the best part.” I watched in disbelief as my now ex-fiance followed me, holding a knife. I tripped, slamming into the ground, and then he was on top of me, stabbing me over and over. My screams echoed in the now semi-light room and I trembled. “What nonsense are you showing me!!!”

The man turned to me with a wicked smile, “Well your previous life before this one…just finish watching.”

The scene changed to me bleeding out, Farin was gone and I was muttering something before a dark figure appeared next to my dying body, “Do you wish to live?” My dying self nodded, “I must…get revenge…I want…to be famous…to throw him away…. as he did to me…” The dark figure chuckled, taking the form of the man that currently stood next to me before he cut into his arm and fed me his blood. There was a flash of light and then I saw myself in my teens, once again falling for Farin.

“You made a contract with me to bring you back to life.”

I stared at him as darkness overtook the room once more, “To get revenge but why did I fall in love with that bastard again? Shouldn’t I have had memories of my previous life in order to get revenge?” The man chuckled, “If you had asked for it then I would have given it, but you asked to be made famous so you could throw him away.”

I couldn’t counter his words, “So..what, am I dead now?” The demon smirked, “Oh no…you see unlike the tales you hear, I already have your soul…you are living and will continue to live in that world until you die. Oh, and you can’t kill yourself…”

Irritation filled me, “Well, shouldn’t you, like help me as my personal demon?” He moved closer, trailing a long sharp black nail down my throat, “We don’t do that sort of thing, we only grant the person what they tell us as they are dying and no, it can’t be done twice. Though I am curious as to how you got here. It’s time for you to go back.” I panicked, grabbing his arm, “N-NO!!!” He stared at me with cold red eyes, “Yesss.”

“Please no…I can’t take it anymore…no matter what I do I can’t get rid of people, they follow me around. I can’t even seem to ruin my career as a….” My words trailed off as the demon smiled, “I didn’t wish to forever be a star!!!”

He simply laughed before there was a flash of light and I found myself standing back once more on the red carpet. Eyes staring holes in me, an eerie silence had come over the once loud group, before the reporter in my face erupted, “BREAKING NEWS THE FAMOUS STAR ALYSA CRAFT IS HAVING A MENTAL BREAKDOWN!!!!”

I was shocked and more people rushed me and not even my guards could hold them back, “Alysa is this going to be a turning point in your career?!?!”

“Alysa, are you sure that you are healthy enough to star in your newest movie?”

“Alysa…” I stared at them coldly, no longer able to even force a smile and I heard a faint chuckle in the back of my mind. I wasn’t sure how much longer I’d be alive, but I was now honestly hoping someone would murder me again…

Story Prompt: Robot Pic

Title: Electric Greed

She stood still, only moments ago had the sound of guns blazed on continually. Now, what? Her mission was over, but the rage within her was not satiated. The air felt heavy, and her heart felt the same, as if warning her this wasn't the final battle. Perhaps that was why her rage wasn't quailed. Someone or something was missing. A buzz filled her right ear, “L3G10N, come in.”

“Yes sir?”

“Where are you?”

“I just finished this sector, all targets have been eliminated.”

“No, they have not.”

“Pardon?”

“One of your targets has escaped.”

A chill seemed to crawl along her spine as her anger increased, “I’m sorry, I will hunt them down and end them.”

“Be careful L3G10N, your target is unpredictable. It’s Lady Juggernugget. While her weapons may be limited, she is fast and far stronger than you. I suggest you keep a distance between you.” L3G10N felt a sting to her pride, “With all due respect sir, I have been training for this moment. I am much faster and stronger than when I first collided with her.”

There was silence over the line before the man sighed, “Just come back to me in one piece and remember, she isn’t to be killed. We need to interrogate her to find out her motives.” A clear grumble could be heard from L3G10N, “Please tell me you won’t kill her L3G10N. If you can’t guarantee that then I will send out another unit.”

“You know no one else can handle her, I will bring her back…alive if I must.”

“Good.” Silence greeted her once more and she closed her eyes, “No killing…but he didn’t say I couldn’t beat her to the brink of death.”

There was a chuckle from the distance and L3G10N turned sharply, her gun raised, ready to blow off the head of whoever dared laugh at her. Lady Juggernugget stood before her, about four feet away, L3G10N’s finger twitched on the trigger of her gun. “Now, now little pawn, didn’t your boss just tell you not to kill me?” Anger welled up within L3G10N, “You could probably dodge this, why even pretend.” Her words earned her another chuckle from Lady. “True, but I wanted to know if you would shoot first and ask questions later.” The woman clad in grey and blue took a step closer and L3G10N pressed the trigger. The shot echoed in the room, before making a solid thunking sound into a wall and L3G10N had little to no time to block Lady Juggernugget’s fists.

The distance between them closed in seconds as L3G10N’s gun sailed out of her hands and she fought against Lady’s punches. L3G10N grew more irritated as she was pushed back. She dodged a punch, going low, her foot swept out and she somehow caught Lady by surprise. The one second was all it took before L3G10N was on top of Lady, pressing a blade into her neck. L3G10N thought she may try to fight further, but the woman only began to chuckle. “As I said before, you are nothing more than a little pawn that listens to her master. Unlike me, I have my own free will.” L3G10N stared at her for a moment, “I have free will.”

“Do you now?” Pain laced through L3G10N, “Y-yes…”

The similar buzzing filled her right ear once more, “What are you doing L3G10N? Detain her now! I didn’t say hold a conversation with her.” Confusion raced through her, “Why can’t I talk to her? Won’t I be the one who interrogates her?”

“NO!” She flinched and the pain that she had felt moments ago seemed to increase. It felt like a tingly electric buzz, filling her body, it was only unpleasant at the moment. “Come now L3G10N, you have never once doubted my orders.”

Orders? Her eyes stared at Lady as she stayed still, listening, “What did I tell you little Pawn?”

“L3G10N!!! Do not make me punish you!!! Bring her in now and I will deal with her myself!”

“But I always help…” Her words were cut short as the tingle turned sharp and she screamed, jerking up from Lady and trying to stop the pain. “This asshole!” Lady Juggernugget stood, moving towards L3G10N, L3G10N backed away holding the knife out towards her. “What can you do to me in that state?” For once fear ran through L3G10N, “Back away.”
Lady didn’t listen, instead, she pulled L3G10N towards her as if they were hugging. “This will only hurt for a moment, not that you’ll notice.” Before L3G10N could understand what was happening Lady pressed a button and then pulled some sort of circuit from L3G10N’s head. The pain she had been feeling seemed to stop in an instant, she stared at the chip before Lady crushed it in her hands.

“I told you, you were nothing more than a pawn. Do you honestly think I would have fallen so easily?” Now that L3G10N’s head was more clear, Lady’s words made sense. “Join us L3G10N, our first meeting was but a test of your strength. I can already tell you are stronger, you can improve even more. You can have true freedom, even pick your own name.” L3G10N stared at her, “I want proof that he had been using me…as for a name…I’ll keep L3G10N…I’d like to think that at least was his form of kindness even if everything else was a lie.” Lady nodded, extending a hand, “Then follow me, I hope we will be taking on missions together. I’m sure, together we could rule this world if we wanted to.”​

Story Prompt: Music

Title: Music Found You
Music flowed through the auditorium, rolling across people in sweet waves. On stage was a single person, a girl with light brown hair, blue eyes in a light blue dress. Her body swayed softly with every major note change as she blew into the flute. Her eyes closed as the end approached and the sweet melody quickened before ending. There was a moment of silence before clapping and cheers erupted from the crowds. She gave a small bow before turning and exiting the stage, her mother there in moments, “That was a lovely performance, though you were a bit quick in the middle.” Anna nodded, “I know, It's just…I felt it again.” Her mother frowned, “Honey, I know you keep saying you feel a strange pull once in a while but…I think it’s just your nerves.” Anna sighed as she disassemble her flute, it happened to her often, almost all the time. About as frequently as she practiced her flute, what made it even more strange was it felt like she could feel someone else's emotions and hear a piano. She sighed softly, “Are you ready to leave honey?” She nodded, “Are we going to another audition?” Her mom smirked, “Nope, it's your birthday, you're turning 17. It’s so odd, I could have sworn I had you yesterday.” Anna flinched, “Eew mom…” Her mother simply smiled, “I made reservations at your favorite place.” Anna’s eyes glowed with joy, “FOR REAL?!?!” They head off to go eat.

Two hours away…

Eric smiled as he closed his eyes remembering the sound of the flute and the joy he had felt from it. His hands gently brushed the keys of the piano before him, barely making noise. But he was pulled from his thoughts when there was a crashing noise and he heard his father and mother fighting. His blue eyes opened with pain, “When will this end…” He put headphones on and turned on his music, the sound of a piano and flute filled his ears as he rested his head against the piano. He didn’t hate music, he loved it, but why…why did his parents fight so much because of it….because of him. Tears pricked his eyes, splashing against the smooth painted wood of the grand piano’s key cover. He wanted to escape from this hell he lived in, he wanted to find the girl that he dreamed about. The same one who he could hear playing the flute so sweetly. Maybe, it was all just some fantasy he had created to try and escape his miserable life. Anytime he was able to hear and feel the strange girl's flute playing he tried playing the song she was.

He had come to notice, she would do the same for him. It was the best comfort he had ever felt, it was even better than the music he was currently listening to. The only bad part was, he doubted she was real, his mother had taken him to a therapist when he had first mentioned it. Of course, it had started a fight again, but the therapist had told him it was simply his mind making him a safe place. It was heartbreaking to think that, but he had yet to hear someone play with the energy he felt. So perhaps, it was all in his head and for some reason even though his playing caused fights he couldn’t let it go…

A Week Later

“Honey, are you sure you want to go to this contest? It’s cutting it close to the Fall Fest Contest and I don’t want you pushing yourself too much…” Anna nodded, “Yes mom if I wasn’t sure I wouldn't have mentioned it, but for some reason, I know I need to go to it. Besides, did you see the prize money for first place? If we get that then, we won’t have to worry about dad’s upcoming hospital fees!” Anna’s mom gave her a soft smile, “Sweetie, you know I make more than enough to cover those. Why are you worried about it?” Anna smiled softly, “Because that’s all you ever worry about…either dad or me. You never take any money you make and spend it on yourself. So if I can get first place, if you don’t want to use it for dad then use it for yourself! Go to the spa, and get your hair and nails done. Anything! You just need a day to yourself without worries.” Anna’s mother pulled her into a hug, “Sweetie, just being able to watch you play is everything to me. Your fathers getting better everyday single day, it's enough for me. You two are my world and you deserve everything I could possibly give.”

She returned her mom’s hug, “I know and that's exactly why I said you need to take a day to yourself.” Her mother sighed, “Fine after the Fall Fest Contest, even if you don’t win the Music Mastered Competition, I will take a day to myself.” Her mom glanced at the Music Mastered paper, “We have to drive about three hours to get to the Music Mastered Competition, and they want everyone there a day early to practice and make sure no spots are wasted. After that, we will need to head out because the Fall Fest Contest is the day after and it’s another two-hour drive.” Anna nodded, “I know, it won’t tire you out, will it? If so, we don't need to worry about the Mastered one.” Her mother tightened her arms, “How can I deprive my baby of trying to earn me a day of vacation?”

Two Hours Away…

“You signed him up for what?!?!” Eric flinched as his father’s anger turned towards him, “F-father if I win this it’ll give us a prize of five thousand dollars…” His father growled at him, raising a hand back and slapping him, “BEN!!!” Eric’s mother shouted, “You think I care about the money boy!?! You think I need your pathetic money!!! How dare you look down upon me, no better than your mother! Do we lack in this household? Have not I provided for you properly!” His father spat at him and he trembled, “N-no, that’s not it…”

“Damn straight! I’m just tired of you wasting my time! All this long-distance traveling for a performance that isn’t even going to do anything in your life! You need to start looking for a real job! Something that will provide for you once you leave this house!!!” Eric clenched his jaw looking to the floor, “S-sorry…” Eric’s mother moved over to them, “Ben please, I can’t withdraw him if I do there’s a fee…”

“WHAT?!?!” The two of them flinched, but thankfully Eric’s father turned storming out in anger, muttering about how stupid the two of them were. Eric’s mother turned to him, “Let me see that…” He pushed her hands away, “It’s fine mom…” “Sweetie please…this is all my fault anyways…” He shook his head, “No, it’s not mom! I-I want to do competition! I just… I wish father would…” His mother pulled him into a hug, “I know you love music like I do...but your father…he thinks it’ll lead you astray.” Eric stared at her, “Why?” but as usual his mother remained silent even when he asked about it.

Day before the Music Mastered Competition

“Hello everyone, you all know who I am, Micheal Franz, I would like to welcome all of you who decided to join this competition. Of course, you didn't know I was the host of this lovely competition, I wanted it to be a surprise for you all! I know the winning prizes are rather large, but please remember that that’s not what this is all about. I want each of you to come up on this stage and play your souls out! I want to see you all bring tears to the audience's eyes!!!” Those in the auditorium began to clap, “Now I know I asked you all to arrive a day early, but that is because I want everything about this concert to be as perfect as possible. To be honest, I know those of you who signed up are well-known and my dying grandmother wanted to go to one last concert. I decided the best way to go about it was to hold this competition one where you could all enjoy it as well.” Anna listened as the man spoke, it was a very honorable thing to do, not only fulfilling his grandmother’s last wish but also helping rising musicians.

She glanced around seeing people she had been up against before as well as some she hadn’t. She felt a mix of excitement and nervousness that always filled her about each contest. Her mom told her that it didn’t matter if she won or not but she was hoping to win. Even if her mom didn’t want to use her money from the competition, it would at least still be there. Anna was so grateful to her mother and her father even if he wasn’t doing well, the two of them still agreed to allow her to pursue her love for music. She was pulled from her thoughts, “You all should have received numbers for your performance spots correct? If you didn’t, please be sure to inform any of my staff members and we will fix it. So without delay, will number one come up, remember, don’t play the piece you are playing for tomorrow. While I know what each of you intend to play, be it something from a professional or your own personal piece. I want you to save it all for tomorrow's performance."

It had been about an hour, “Number eight, please come up.” Anna was already standing at the edge of the steps, waiting to come up on the stage. Everyone fell silent as she stood on the stage before raising her flute and playing a song she had created. She closed her eyes, breathing into the flute and moving her fingers to the holes needed to hit every note. Her eyes opened as she played, hoping to see someone stand up in shock or move her way but no one did. Every time she played at one of these things, she hoped to find her person…but every single time she was let down. Her disappointment made her squeak, and she flinched before finishing the song and heading off the stage. “Honey, are you okay?” Anna nodded, “Probably just tired from the drive…” Her mom frowned, “Well they didn’t need us here for anything else so let's get some rest.”

Three Hours Away…

“Mom…” Angelica glanced at him, “What is it? You’ve been silent this whole time, glancing at me and...I know you want to say something.” Angel had a good feel as to what it might be and right now she couldn't run from the question. Eric took in a deep breath, before glancing at her. “Why is…no, why does father hate me?” He asked, staring out the window as they passed cars. There was a bruise forming over his right eye where his father had punched him moments before they had left. “You never answer me and I have to put up with this kind of treatment from him all the time when you aren’t home…”

He could vaguely feel and hear the performance done by his imagination. As if it were trying to give him courage to find out the truth once and for all, but even it seemed to mess up and then it was gone and done. It left him feeling oddly cold and alone, no…if he were, to be honest, the emotions he had felt were all muddled, to begin with, perhaps that was why the flute had made an awful squeaking noise. Maybe the flute player was really a figment of his imagination. The silence his mother left him in though only hurt, “Mom…I want to know why I have to put up with those beatings…” Eric’s voice was somewhat cold and he noticed that they had pulled off to the side of the road. What was more, his mother was crying, “I’m sorry…” She whispered, doing her best to wipe away her tears. “Mom?”

“I didn’t know, it's all my fault.”

“What is?” Eric felt scared as he watched his mom sob, “The reason your father hates music so much and treats you this way is because…you aren’t his son…” Eric felt cold as his mother rushed to explain about how she had gotten drunk celebrating a competition win and woke up in bed with a friend of hers by the name of Micheal Franz. “M-micheal Franz? As in the famous pianist? Owns his own company…” Eric asked and Angel nodded, “I…I told your father because Micheal wanted to pretend nothing had happened at the time. It was a very important time in his career, you see… and…and....” His mother's voice seemed to fade as everything clicked into place and somehow he felt sick and the thought of competing in the competition, no even touching a piano, sickened him. By the time they arrived at the competition, it was too late to practice, but since they had arrived Eric had been given a new number and would be performing last. Still though he didn’t talk to his mother, or even bother eating.

Day Of Competition

People who had bought tickets to watch this unusual competition arrived, whispering among themselves until Micheal appeared on the stage. Everyone in the competition waited backstage and that included Anna and Eric. Eric’s mother was sitting in the front and gasped as she took notice of Micheal, but surely he wouldn’t remember her. After their incident, he had cut ties with her and she had done the same, or at least tried to. The competition rolled on and everyone who stepped up on the stage played wonderfully. Anna’s turn grew closer and she got nervous, but it was nothing new. Eric, however, was dreading things as each person finished, he felt more sick with each passing moment. Eric turned to leave as contestant 8 stepped onto the stage, her introduction echoing in the back of the stage. “Glad to be here, my name is Anna Velet, I’ll be playing a song I made. As you know the score for it sits before you judges. I hope you enjoy it, it’s called ‘Music Found You.’ It means a lot to me and I hope it’ll mean the same to you.”

She bowed to them before placing the flute to her lips and letting the first notes flutter out. Eric froze midstep, his heart racing as he listened to the song play on. His body felt possessed as he turned heading for the front of the stage and no one could stop him. He was panting as he burst through the curtain. Surprising everyone, but Anna only glanced at him and continued her song. He moved to the piano and sat down, his fingers shaking as he brushed the keys before he followed her every note. A new wave of shock filled Anna and she turned her back to the audience to stare at the boy, who was playing the piano in tears. She paused, seeing if it was truly him if he would play the solo part he had played for her in her mind and he did. Tears pricked her eyes as she closed the gap between them and she played once more. The flute’s high notes, smooth and comforting, matching the deeper tone of the piano. The end came far too soon and silence filled the room before people began to clap and whistle for their performance.

Neither Eric or Anna heard it though as Eric stood rushing Anna and pulling her into a harsh hug. “I found you…” Eric mumbled into her shoulder as he trembled. Anna nodded, her arms wrapping around him firmly, “At last…”

“I knew you were real…there was no way you were just my imagination.” He said as he pulled back slightly to stare at her, “Same…” Eric and Anna’s mothers rushed to the stage, both confused and concerned. Micheal also appeared on stage, “Well that was an unexpected blessing on the ears and heart. I’m sure everyone could agree we felt your emotions clearly. However, this was a solo competition, and as such…” Michael's eyes landed on Angelica as she moved to her son, “A-angel?” Eric and Anna glanced at their mothers, both seeming to come back to their senses. Eric glanced towards the man who called his mothers name, “Father…” He muttered, making those on the stage gasp. Those in the crowd though couldn’t hear what he had just called Micheal. Eric now wished it was just him and Anna once more because he had no clue what was about to happen now…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back