• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Coldpine, The Story.

OppositeInverse

The Origin of The End.
OOC -> Coldpine. [OOC]
CS-> Coldpine. [CS]

ARC 1, EPISODE 1: It Starts With A Funeral

I like Coldpine. This is my home, and everyday I get to see the beauty it spawns from the ground. How does a misty and foggy place throw up such beautiful flowers and green trees? How does it have amazing people? I gave Loriana a flower today, I told Susannah her surprise was coming tomorrow. I like it here. I get to walk around and see the life that I was born to see. I still miss my aunt, but since she's in the ground now she also becomes the flower and trees. That's why I pick flowers, I want to take her with me. The Sheriff likes me, he buys me burgers everytime he pulls over and speaks to me. The mayor always takes pictures with me. I feel like a celebrity. I don't get to go to school, but I don't care. I still have homework though from Sister Grace at orphanage. No one is mean to me anymore like my parents. They are gone. I haven't seen them in forever. My aunt said they didn't love me because of my beauty on the inside. I wish I could give them a flower too. I saw Jake and some of the football team pick on some of the younger kids, they saw me watching. I thought Jake was going to be mean to me. He asked for a flower and told me to come to the game. Coldpine is magical too, it makes mean people nice. Sister Grace said it's not Coldpine, that it's me that makes them nice. I'm not Coldpine, so there's no way I make people nice. I hope that Coldpine stays this way forever. Even though Cold Pines are scary, it's full of flowers. Trees, andbeauty too! How can that be scary? I don't know. I feel like I'm growing up. I feel like there's nothing wrong with me. Coldpine makes me strong. I don't like Coldpine. I love Coldpine. Signed.

Millie Wright.

foggy_cemetery_stock_by_nikongriffin-d4fcle8.jpg

There she was.

The Reverend tried his best to follow up after reading Millie's letter to the entire mass of town that was before him. Every. Single. One. Coldpine Elementary, Middle, and High were closed. City Hall was on hiatus. The Sheriff's office was providing traffic control for after the funeral. Every single citizen of Coldpine was in attendance. Candlelights and vigil pieces were held by various youth, and adults. Sobs and tears were almost dominant among the noise heard. The reverend just stared at the letter after reading it aloud. His lips start to quiver and tears well in his eyes. That was Millie Wright. That's who she was. The best Mahogany and Gold polished coffin was sitting outside, in the midst of Coldpine citizens, paid for by the Mayor. The leader of the city herself was in extreme tears, holding hands with members of the community and some of her political staff. Students of all races, creeds, and social castes joined hands and cried in unison. That's who Mille Wright was. The reverend stumbles through his eulogy, which only spreads more sadness and emotions to everyone seeing their spiritual leader crumble in sadness as well. He holds up the letter for everyone to see.

Reverend Thomas White: "Th-That's who she was, ladies and gentlemen. This..is Millie right here. And right there, and there, and there..."

He points from person to person, heart to heart, reminding them that Millie is inside each and every one of them. So many wails of pain and agony befell the crowd, as Reverend White tried his best to stay strong and for those who felt lost to remember Millie's soul and spirit. To never lose who she was as a person.

Rev. White: "Then I heard a voice from heaven say - Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on. Yes, says the Spirit, they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them.”

He then bows his head for a moment of silence, but how could they be silent? The town's Supergirl, their symbol of hope found dead, from a tree; The very thing she loved. The moment of silence was accompanied by nagging pains of despair and weeping. This was it. The finality. No more seeing her after this, the moment to remember forever. To mourn her here and now before she became one with the very nature she adored. From that point on she would live in Coldpine, and it's citizens. So in the end, maybe she was right. She was Coldpine, and Coldpine did make people nice. But she was the fuel behind Coldpine's light, not the other way around. And now, on this windy, foggy, dreary day. They all felt darkness in the lowest of places. Some hit harder than others. It would take over an hour for everyone to walk by the casket and deliver a final momento to her grave, most people putting flowers down, the very ones Millie had given them before. Some put letters, some put pictures, some put personal effects that would only be cherished between them and Millie. The choir then concluded the service with a rendition of a remorseful song, emotional and fitting of a legacy such as Millie's, Coldpine's purest and most valuable treasure. The townsfolk would gather and share condolences with one another after, some students hugging and comforting one another from all age groups. And just outside Coldpine cemetery, the sound and sight of a large moving truck followed by a black jeep heading down the small interstate, with a horde of townspeople eyeing with grave looks. Today was that day. A new family was moving into Coldpine, and in a clash of timing only written in movies, that family was moving into Carrie Wright's old home, aunt and guardian of Millie before she died of cancer a couple of years back. They were known as The Charlestons, as the father, Hollander moved to the town to bring extra revenue to the place via his masonry networking business, capable of outsourcing the Pine trade and natural resources here to effectively double the town's gross revenue on commerce. But none of that matters now, today was all about Millie. They watch as the vehicles zoom past and head into town, a big sign with Millie's picture and an army of candles surrounding it.

R.I.P. Millie Wright. 2003-2017.

Testimonials

I remember when Mil arrived at the Orphanage she was a child who would continually bang her forehead resulting in a permanently open wound. This simply disappeared after she arrived there. Because she thought loss was pain, but instead she was shown love, as she showed us.

She started going to arts classes and was encouraged to work in the garden with the other kids. It has to be said that this work was something which caused her to fall in love with nature. Just watching how happy she was warmed my heart.

Millie loved going for walks. She particularly loved to push her friends and carers along the road from behind -very useful when going uphill -a bit less so downhill. She was selfless.

She also loved being pushed on the swing when she was younger, and she loved food. She really loved her food; especially crisps - actually bags of chips.

One thing that remained a constant source of enjoyment in Millie's life was flowers. She loved to go for a garden. She didn't care where it was, so long as it involved the evergreen - OK, to be fair she did trespass on Mrs. Lonn's lawn and watching the old geezer yell at Millie was kinda funny.

She got to go on all school field trips with us, free of charge even though she wasn't enrolled. The longer the drive the better. Even before the bus started - before anyone else was even in the bus, you could see the anticipation in her face, the little smile, sitting in her seat waiting for the journey to start. I remember Loriana almost punching someone trying to sit with Millie before she got a chance to.

She could be tricky too, or she thought she was being tricky. In later years when she was only allowed to eat pureed food (nasty shit) she would try to sneak real food. Sister Grace had to constantly keep an eye on her if there was a plate of biscuits nearby. If a biscuit was within range her arm would shoot out like a rattlesnake and the biscuit would be in her mouth before you know it. The staff would be left trying to frantically extract it - and with the same resolve, she would be frantically trying to eat it. Good times.

I never, ever heard of Millie getting angry; something to think about. Let that sink in.

Last edited:

Jordana Charleston

6543.JPG

Jordy's headphones flood her hearing as she listens to one of her favorite songs. She blankly stares out of the window looking at endless pine trees and a foggy sky. She can see her mother and father talking and smiling, their hands interlocked as her father Hollander drives down the stretch rural road. Jordana hadn't spoke a word since she got up this morning to finalize the move. A large moving truck guided them to the town as she held back her inner animosity and sadness. She held mild resentment for her parents for such an abrupt and impulsive move. They were just fine where they were, happy and comfortable even. All because of money. She understood making money but at the expense of family happiness? And by that she meant her happiness. Her friends, her lifestyle, all left behind in Cali.

She looked at her phone, wishing for some texts, but knew all her Cali peers were in school, probably forgetting all about her. Finally a quiet sigh escaped her, as the endless pine trees were replaced with large green fields and a view of a town in the distance. The fog concealed much of the view, but one view it didn't obstruct was the scene of what seemed like hundreds maybe thousand plus of people gathered at a cemetery, they all seemed to be comforting one another, as they gradually begin to stare at the jeep and the truck passing by them. The looks on their faces looked defeated, broken, but also...bitter. As if the family were a group of terrorists. Jordy didn't want to assume, but she saw the way they were looking. Her father slows down a bit to read the sign, RIP Millie Wright with a ton of signatures, candles, and affectionate items. He looked remorseful as her mother seemed more interested in the people. They drive onward and into town to see that it's literally empty. A ghost town. As if every single person was at that funeral. Hollander follows the truck, as they pull up to a large pinewood home, the truck pulls to the side and gives the family a perfect view of the home.
home43q52.jpeg

Jordy's mother Wilda claps and smiles with joy as Hollander returns her a kiss on the lips. Jordy rolls her eyes and gets out of the car, grabbing her backpack and walking off to the porch waiting for them to open the door. They hop out along with the movers and help set the furniture down, as Hollander unlocks the front door, and Jordana storms in. Hollander quickly grabs her, a look of compassion in his eyes. Jordana returns a look of annoyance as he takes one earbud out.

Hollander: "Can you at least be cordial? Please?"

Jordana returns a thumbs up with a blank face. "You got it." she replies to him before trying to head off upstairs. Her mother who was more on the stern side calls to her. "Jordana, we're here now, the sooner you realize that the better. I know you miss your friends but this is out life now." Jordana returns another thumbs up, this time more of a 'fuck you' / middle finger than a mature response. She heads upstairs to claim a room, finding one with a nice view of the backyard and side, before setting her backpack down and sitting on the floor to continue to listen to her music. She was sad, but not emotional about it in a sense. She simply was just learning to absorb and adapt, there was nothing she could do about being in this drab place anyways. She could only wonder what type of town this is that the entire place empties for one funeral. She whips out her phone and texts her best friend in Cali, Nathalie. She missed her already.

Nat-Stacks
me
I don't wanna be here. This place looks like a setting for the next Jason movie. I miss you...
them
Awww! <3 miss you too bb, we all do :( So far away
me
Yeah literally on the other side of the country. Don't forget about me.
them
NEVAA! MAke sure you tell me about the fine ass boys they got too 0_0

Jordana laughs as she hears the rumblings downstairs of her parents and the movers moving everything in. She sighs once more, this time one of acceptance and realizing there was no going back. She looks beside her to something peculiar, an etching in the bottom part of the wall, the writing was unkempt and wily. But what should make out was that of a name.

"Milwa...Mihie.. Mihia Wright?"

Last edited:
Loriana
37c99a511d7dd12be45f5facda470f81.gif
This may be the only time someone her age could drink, and it be excused. The cops looked the other way, the mothers in the crowd said nothing, and the father's...well, they asked for a sip. The burning sensation of bourbon passed her lips and slid down her throat, this was the only way she could get through this. She already cried her share of tears, kept in the darkness enough...if she could no longer live the way Millie wanted her to, being here today was the least Loriana could do. Throughout the entire service, she was silent, sticklin close to the few people she called friends in order to seem okay, though really, she doubted she would ever be okay again. She was dressed in all black, the only spot of color on her body was a necklace that Mills had made for her. It was made from twine and plastic beads in about four differnt colors that Loriana said she liked. Millie was so proud of herself...Loriana wore it pretty much all the time. Once the crowds began to part, she and pretty much everyone else watched as a movers truck went past the cemetery. Her heart dropped, Loriana had almost forgotten that someone was moving into Millie's old house. Well, her Aunt's old house actually. It made Loriana angry, why the hell would someone be moving in right after Millie's death?

mUM52tA.jpg

Carter Johnson
Mentions: Open​
A day. A night. Something that comes and goes. The same as people do. No one ever comes around twice, especially people like Millie. Standing to the side of the crowd, Carter couldn’t dare be within the mists of the tears and the whaling. It was a horrific sight. Carter had done articles on soldiers, marines and air veterans that had lost their lives, this is all he could think about. The pain of others spreading to the next person beside them. It was like a disease to him. A horrible thing to think at a time like this but Carter was blunt, there was no point in dilly dallying around subjects like this.

Although Carter had spoken with Millie quite a few times, he’s never seen a side of her he disliked. A rare and beautiful trait he hoped his children would have one day. Even so now day is ever left undistirbed. The loud noises of a moving truck came pounding down the roads as his head lifted up with his black hat he peered through seeing the letters written across it. They had arrived.

Carter felt no disgust to them. Life moves on and that families happened to move to Coldpine, they just happened to pick and unfortunate day to move in on. He was however, extremely curious about the new comers. Who where they? Where had they come from? Did they know of what had happened? All possible answered boggled the mind of the young writer, perhaps soon he’s have his answers.

full

l.jpg

Tags: None

Off to the side with their family, Casper cries. Their twin, the only one who regularly acknowledges them in public, gives them a look, scoffs, and faces faorward again, arms crossed, decidedly unmoved.

In all honesty, Casper seems to be the only member of their family really hurt by this turn of events. Maybe it was because they were the only one who had considered Millie a friend, and not just a person to accept flowers from and treat with the kindness she showed others. And maybe that was part of the reason the gnawing emptiness inside of them had gotten so bad.

Or maybe part of it had to with the fact they truly didn’t understand why their parents had come- they weren’t religious, and they hadn’t particularly cared for Millie, even if they had smiled and been kind to her, never whispering a bad word about her. Perhaps it was the peer pressure of a situation where everyone else was going to the funeral.

Deep down, Casper hoped that maybe they were here because they knew about what Casper wanted- no, needed- to do, and the pair was for once supporting their aims and desires. They looked down at the candle and flowers cradled in their hands, remembering when she had handed them the flowers, and thought about the painting they were currently carrying in their back pocket. They had planned to give it to her the next time to saw her, before… before. It had been so pleasant to talk to her, and she had been so sweet, asking for nothing in return.

They’d wanted to give her something, make her smile. It was a picture of her gardening. They remembered searching for references, combining them to create the perfect garden around her, making sure the light fell just right on her.

They still couldn’t believe she was dead. Tears continued to fall from their eyes, more quietly now as their heart seized up. They wished they could scratch at their hand as they lined up to give Millie their one last offering, alone.

Part way through the line they heard a car rumbling down the road. That made no sense. Isn’t everyone in town here? they asked themself, looking up.

Immediately, they wished they had brought their sketchbook, that their hands were free to draw. Something about the sight of this strange, unfamiliar car driving through the fog during the biggest funeral Casper had ever seen made their hands twitch despite the deep, bone-chilling sadness that they hoped beyond reason would improve once they returned the flowers to Millie. Leave it to Casper to forget this car was probably the new family moving into what had at one point years ago been Millie’s home.

Finally, they reached the front, and they murmured a quick apology for not finishing sooner, setting down the flowers and pulling out the painting, placing it down gently before they hurried off to go find their family, somehow feeling worse than before.

6c92761ce91cbc120c4beaf9b6b4a59c.jpg

Julian Simmons-Rios
Mentions:
Interactions:​
Sheriff Simmons didn't attend the funeral. He was out preparing to guide the traffic of those heading to and leaving the funeral. The sheriff knew Millie, everyone did. He took her for a bite every once in a while, a little chat to make sure she was doing well. Sometimes his son was with him, Julian, and they'd all just go out to eat every once in a while. Julian wasn't her closest friend, they didn't go places together outside of heading to a local diner with his dad. He probably wouldn't have ever thought to actually do things with her if not for his father. Sure, he was nice to the girl, but actually taking her places, having real conversations - that was because of his dad. Everything was.

Being at this girl's funeral without his father felt strange. If not for the sheriff of Coldpine, Julian wouldn't feel the strange pang in his chest that he did now. He felt guilty. Guilty because he knew he normally wouldn't have shown such an interest in Millie if not for his dad. Though the tears were still stinging his eyes and clouding his vision, he stood beside his mother and held onto her hand. They'd never been the closest to the town's dwindling light, but knowing the impact that the death of this one girl had on an entire community was frightening. To know that everyone in this small town attended one girl's funeral because of her kindness and generosity was enough to show their true colors. At least, some people's true colors. Julian knew there were plenty of people who, even if they weren't mean to Millie, didn't care enough to shed a single tear. Only to pay their respects.

They were the ones who pretended they knew her, simply because she was did. Julian felt like one of them. He barely knew her but here he was, on the verge of tears. At the very least though he was proud to say that his favorite memory was sharing a milkshake with her. It was something they did every Saturday at lunch, when his dad had a quick break in his shift. Well, he could usually take a break. If he didn't, Julian would take Millie out himself. It was a tradition. But one that his father had started.

When the roaring of car engines was heard, everyone seemed to turn, eyes following the cars as the slowed down the street. They were moving to the house. Millie's aunt's house. Now only one question stood, who were they? And why exactly were they there?

It sounded mysterious and horrible sure, but Julian wondered why someone was moving in the day of Millie's funeral. Into a place that meant something to her once. It just put him off a little bit. What could the odds of that even be? Shaking his head, the sheriff's son turned back around and gave his mother's hand a squeeze. In a few days, everyone would be back to normal as if nothing had happened. For the most part, at least. Those who were closest to Millie would still struggle with her absence but the others probably wouldn't know the difference. Except for the fact that she was a large part of the town, the embodiment of the small amount of light they had left. She held them up on their down days. Now there wasn't anyone to actually do that.

Last edited:
73b36ada89d7c54e9d22fedf14b6cfe5.jpg Elyse Cerys Byrd
mentions: none
Elyse stood hunched over a small table on the floor, pen in hand as it hovered over the blank paper. She had been in that position a good ten minutes or so, racking her head for something to write. Her hair was tied up into a loose bun as strands of curly hair fell around her face. Squinting her eyes to make the page blurry before opening them back up to make her vision clearer. The rumble of electric fans in the background, moving the warm air in her tiny apartment around but never seeming to be doing its job in cooling her.

*Beep Beep Beep Beep* Elyse's phone's light flashed a couple of times as it buzzed on the ground beside her. She groaned knowing it had to be her father asking when she was going to send money his way. Without looking at the ID Elyse answered the phone and immediately started talking. "No dad I don't have your freaking money. In case, you care to know I have had a rather dry spell and it doesn't help you calling me twenty-four seven. Honestly, I think you can survive a week without gambling or satisfying your beer gut. Now please stop fucking calling me I've had enough!" Normally her father would have interjected her speech well before she could start it so she was surprised to find silence on the other end of the line.

"Dad?" She asked, pressing the phone against her ear in case she had missed him speaking though instead of the drunken slur of her father she was met with a rather husky voice, making Elyse glad for once that no one could see her. Her face was most likely a shade of red, her eyes wide and fearful as the person spoke on the line. "I'm sorry am I interrupting Elyse?"It was as if Elyse had forgotten how to speak making Ah... and Uehh...'s before making a full coherent sentence. "No, no! I am so sorry sir! I ah... sorry is there something you need?" Pinching the bridge of her nose Elyse sighed as her boss did not hold back, as she was indeed late for her shift yet again. "I already found someone to take your shift since you were severely late might I add. So just come back after Millie's...funeral." That's right...the funeral was today. Elyse could feel a lump in her throat, forcing out a few words to let her boss know she understood. Ending the call Elyse looked back down at the piece of paper, a few words scribbled on it, nothing but a jumble. Crumbling it up Elyse threw it into the pile of failed attempts to write condolences to Millie's family. Getting up to get dressed for the funeral.

She didn't really know how to take the news of Millie's death, not having spoken to her in a couple of months, truth be told she was numb. Of course, she was sad but it wasn't as if she hadn't experienced death before. She wondered who would be showing up to the funeral, knowing the whole town had been affected by Millie's death. When Elyse appeared things were already in full swing. Standing near the back as she did not wish to interrupt anyone in grieving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back