• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern coincidence, circumstance and...?

[x] Seconded Blaze McPyre. That's one hell of a prophetic name their parents might as well a seer.

[x] Go to the incinerated warehouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without even needing to consider it, your legs begin to carry you towards the warehouse. You make your way outside of the hospital hastily, stepping outside of it's abandoned corridors and taking in your bearings. You seem to be on the fringes of town. Looks like you have quite the walk ahead of you... Sighing to yourself in resignation, you begin towards your destination, pacing away from the building, and towards more familiar streets. Before you know it, you find yourself on the right track to reach the warehouse. On roads you tread all so recently, you're taken aback a little as to how heavily they contrast the scene on that fateful night. Bathed in sunlight, and abuzz with the life of your fellow human being, you can't even believe that they, and the abandoned streets that led to your death were even in the same town, let alone being one and the same. Nor can you believe the sight when you finally reach your destination.

The scene is even more devastated than you expected it to be. Arriving, after somehow managing to recall the location of the warehouse, you first think you've made a wrong turn. Well, another wrong turn. You're beheld with the sight of an empty lot, the vague shape of a building being outlined in the concrete by a lining of fine, black sand. Or at least, that's what the ashen mess in front of you appears to be. Buried within it though, you begin to notice a few things. The odd piece of wood, fragmented metal, barely surviving insulation, and most dammingly of all, Houjou's already family figure sifting through the ashes. There's no mistaking it. You find it hard to comprehend. This, this is where you died? Just how powerful would a blaze have to be to reduce a structure so close to nothingness? You swallow. Just how little of it's power did it have to expend to end your life? Just how insignificant were you in it's rampage?

"Hey, over here!" You snap yourself out of your thoughts. "Houjou!" Your voice echoing out across the empty lot, Houjou peers over her shoulder, waving you towards her in greeting.

"Huh. I'm surprised you actually showed up." Speaking to you, Houjou doesn't bother to turn her body, seemingly pre-occupied with the scene in front of her.

"Well..." You hesitate as you step beside her. "...I guess I was curious."

"Hah! You're not curious about how much easier it would be to just go home and forget about this?" She snorts. "Whatever. I invited you anyway, didn't I? So..." She throws her arms up, gesturing to the surroundings. "What do you think? Like what they've done with the place? Glad you aren't a part of the new carpeting?" She sighs. "See why I wanted to probe you for info? Man, there's barely anything left here... Seriously... How am I supposed to play Sherlock off of a pile of wood and ash?" Her voice trails off, as she thinks things through. "...Whoever's behind this certainly did a good job at making sure not to leave anything behind."

"Whoever?..." Slipping out from under your breath, your voice mimics Houjou's statement, confused.

"Well, it's obvious, isn't it? I mean, based to what you told me,"

"Someone was clearly involved in this."

"E-excuse me, are you trying to say-"

"Am I trying to say?"

"...Did someone?" You gulp. "Do this to me on purpose?"

"Hah!" Immediately, Houjou scoffs at your remark. "No no. I mean, not to you. The fire was obviously intentional, but..." She claps her hand on your shoulder. "Well, like I said earlier, you were probably just in the wrong place at the wrong time. There's no way someone like you is important enough to do something like this over."

"Well..." You shrink your shoulder away from Houjou's grip. "...What then, do you think they were just doing this for fun?"

"Fun?" She smiles. "Well! I kind of hope so! The kind of person who does this sort of thing for fun is usually pretty easy to catch! Unfortunately, though..." She kicks at the ash beneath her feet. "This doesn't look like the work of some pyromaniac. Whoever set this up clearly knew what they were up to."

"But I don't exactly know a lot of people who fit that bill..."

"...And I doubt any of the types who do would do this kind of thing."

Pondering for a moment, her eyes dart over to you, lighting up with an idea.

The moment they do, you suspect you're going to regret showing up here.

"Hey, so, kid..."

She smirks.

"...How would you like to play bait?"

How do you respond?

[ ] Refuse!

[ ] ...Accept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back