• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Coding?

Faction Before Blood

My people skills are rusty...
I'm I'm not sure why but every time I go to the page that explains all the bb codes I get kicked off the site. I working from my iPad because my laptop crapped out on me a few months ago and I can't get a new one. I'm not sure if that's the reason or if it could be something else. I tried to check it out with my phone too and the same thing happened

If you can, try to access the page from a desktop or a laptop. In the meantime, you can ask me any questions about BBCodes, and I'll be glad to answer them for you. ( :) )

I'm looking around to see if I can find you a solution for this right now. My best guess would be that it's issues with the devices rather than your account so could I get a bit more info on those? Specifically type of iPad and phone as well as the browsers you're using. And then could you describe exactly what happens when you access the page? Does it log you off or simply not load?

I'm not sure what version of iPad it is but my phone is old a 3GS. Through both I use the safari app that comes with it. And when I try to access the page it kicks me off the app and logs me out

Hmm

It could be a safari issue on your end possibly. If able you should try downloading the Google chrome app from the app store. For now I'll keep digging into the issue.

Is it just this page or are you having issues with other pages doing the same thing? By kicked off do you mean logged off or does the browser crash?

Hmm

That's unfortunate.

Also If it's only that page my best guess would be that it's having severe loading issues with all the bbcode types being showcased.

I'm trying to wrap my head around how to fix this without you having to download a better browser since you can't. Hmm...

Well next chance I get I will try to use a PC to look it over and maybe copy and email the coding to myself and save it in my notes so I'll have it. Not sure when I can tho

Well, as far as I'm aware, you are the only one having this issue. Ive tried loading it on safari on my iPhone as well as my friend's older iPad using safari and had no issues. You should be able to clear your cache for safari. Try that and see if that clears out the problem for you.

I have never had an iPad so I have no idea if I'm about to sound helpful or ignorant. ( ;) ) But just in case: would your Safari need updating? Maybe it's an old version that can't handle the page? Also, has this always happened, or is it a new issue?

It's possible. But it's a hand me down so I don't have all the passwords and stuff needed for an update. And it's only done this with that page so far

Oh, I meant, has it always done it with this page, or have you been able to successfully load it in the past?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back