• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Coding a windows 98 pop-up?

-Random_Person-

Simpin’
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello! I'm exploring the coding side of RPN. I have only minimal BBCode knowledge, so I need some help from you smarter people. I have an idea for an interest check that may be impossible.

Basically, I want to create something similar to a Windows 98 pop-up (Winpopup). It can have a sentence or two, and when pressing OK, it expands to show more information, providing the full interest check details. If this is impossible to achieve, please let me know!

(preferably Mobile-friendly)

Last edited:
Your best bet here is probably going to be using a Spoiler button to form your "drop down" and some kind of table for your box, or an accordion.

PRESS OK TO CONTINUE
OK
Thank you for choosing RPN!
NO
Yeah well f$&! you too

PRESS OK TO CONTINUE WINDOWS DEFENDER
Thank you for choosing RPN!
Yeah well f$&! you too

Hello! I'm exploring the coding side of RPN. I have only minimal BBCode knowledge, so I need some help from you smarter people. I have an idea for an interest check that may be impossible.

Basically, I want to create something similar to a Windows 98 pop-up (Winpopup). It can have a sentence or two, and when pressing OK, it expands to show more information, providing the full interest check details. If this is impossible to achieve, please let me know!

(preferably Mobile-friendly)

it's definitely possible! alas, i don't think anyone has done quite what you have in mind at the moment (ᓀ ᓀ)

here are a few codes who are inspired by older versions of windows mountainpost's [which might be similar to what you're looking for and kaninchen's. for the specific mechanic you're looking for, most coders make use of hidden tabs to achieve it! you can see this in action on ami's and mine [this one's old and way messed up though]!

that said, i can recommend also using an accordion as mentioned by ryees, which is what ami did in this code. you could also consider just doing a scroll with two slides, similar to this one, where the content is revealed after the user scrolls, as opposed to clicking. i do personally think tabs will be closest to the effect you're trying to get, though.

it goes without saying there's still a learning curve to figuring out these specific things in bbcode anyways, even beyond coding the windows 98-esque layout itself!! but hopefully this gives you a starting point to figuring out how to make it (´ ω `♡)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back