• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Code help?

CloudyBlueDay

made up of opposites
Hi! I'm doing a thing for my own roleplay and the Tabs BBCode keeps on messing up D: With this code, this keeps on happening.

4b088f0369420c8a9e03a94e85621658.png

Creating an extra tab that I don't want. I don't know why D:

Code:
[tabs]

[tab=General Info] Name: Jasmine Rose Universe [imagefloat=right][img=https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/83/29/cc/8329cce08ebac16fda1928f4f5ef5c5d.jpg] [/imagefloat]

Height: 5'5"
Description: Jasmine is very lean and tall, with a similar appearance to her mother. Dark skin, sparkling green eyes, a small nose and long eyelashes. Her hair a long dark brown, but not black, but it strangely isn't poofy or curly like either of her parent's. She either wears it down, in a messy bun, or a braid. She doesn't have bangs, but her hair always manages to get in her face, which everyone tells her to try and fix, but no matter how many pins are placed in her hair it still blocks her eyesight. In terms of clothing, Jasmine's goal is usually simplicity and comfort. As long as she can run around in it and it looks alright, she's fine. Jasmine tries to look her best but she can get a little dirty. Okay. Really dirty. She'll usually wear a very simple brown dress, or t-shirt and jeans and converse shoes, though she enjoys being barefoot.
Body Style: Skinny and tall. [/tab]
[tab=Gem Info]
Gem: Sunstone
[imagefloat=right][img=http://facetingacademy.com/images/kaleidoscope/Face-01s.jpg] [/imagefloat]
Gem Location: Back of neck
Gem Color: Bright-ish orange/red/bits of yellow
Gem Shape: Circular
Gem Abilities:
Gem Description: Sunstone is commonly associated with being a leadership stone. Sunstone is also said to bring good luck and abundance, and turns negative energies and psychic attacks into positive energies. It is also said to be helpful in contacting animal or spirit guides. In addition to dispelling fears and phobias, Sunstone is also commonly known to decrease stress and lift depression. Sunstone is a protective stone, known for being protective against danger and aura protection. [/tab]
[tab=Advanced Info]
Personality: As the eldest of the five, Jasmine is often considered the most responsible, and the leader of the group. She's always the one looking for out her younger siblings, making sure they're alright and not doing stupid stuff. Jasmine is incredibly protective of them, but only because she loves them. They might see her as the big sister who doesn't let them do anything, but she only wants them to be safe. Jasmine is always putting their needs before her own.

Jasmine idolizes her parents and the gems. She loves being around the gems, learning from them, hanging out with them. Garnet is usually away on missions, but when she is around, Jasmine will follow her wherever she goes like a puppy. "What're you doing now, Garnet?" "Hey Garnet, whatcha up too?" "Garnet, can I see?" Garnet always tries to let Jasmine participate in activities with her. Jasmine loves to cook for Amethyst; it's one skill she's fairly confident in. Of course, this thrills Amethyst. Pearl and Jasmine sit down and Pearl tells her about gem history.

Jasmine lacks self confidence. Although she is a happy and bubbly girl, she doesn't believe in herself and her own capabilities. She constantly undermines herself and tends to feel lonely in a packed room. She loves animals, and she and Lion get along splendidly. When she isn't playing with the children, she and Lion are playing together, running around on the beach together, and when they get tired Jasmine would fall asleep in his fluffy mane. Steven would always find the two collapsed, snoring, and chuckle to himself.

Jasmine is normally a calm but happy girl. She loves to dance and sing when no one's looking, and to get down and roll around in the mud. She's constantly treading mud into the house, which is ironic, because she's also always the one cleaning up. Her love for her family is incredibly fierce, and while she isn't the greatest at protecting herself, if anyone so much as threatens her family.. well, I wouldn't recommend that you do that.

Strengths: Jasmine is very protective of the ones she lives, and will do anything to help them. She is very kind and honest, and her smile can light up a room. She's quite good at cooking and if you're lucky you can catch her humming. She's like the second mother of the house, helping with chores, helping to put the kids to bed, and just in general helping around the house.
Weaknesses: Jasmine (as previously stated) lacks self confidence. Too often she pushes her own needs aside and people can take advantage of her kindness. While she's not naive, in fact, she's pretty clever, she can by shy around people she doesn't know and has a hard time getting comfortable around people and making friends, and an even harder time standing up to them.[/tab]
[tab=Other]
N/A[/tab]

[/tabs]

I'll toy around with it, this generally happens when it automatically splits tabs because they go over a character limit or something, I'll push some code pieces around, see if I can't figure out a workaround

BRUH. I get that same problem ALL the time. Looks like the break happens between Age and Gender so I'm gonna scrounge that for you and see what the issue is.

• Name: Jasmine Rose Universe
    8329cce08ebac16fda1928f4f5ef5c5d.jpg

Height: 5'5"

Description: Jasmine is very lean and tall, with a similar appearance to her mother. Dark skin, sparkling green eyes, a small nose and long eyelashes. Her hair a long dark brown, but not black, but it strangely isn't poofy or curly like either of her parent's. She either wears it down, in a messy bun, or a braid. She doesn't have bangs, but her hair always manages to get in her face, which everyone tells her to try and fix, but no matter how many pins are placed in her hair it still blocks her eyesight. In terms of clothing, Jasmine's goal is usually simplicity and comfort. As long as she can run around in it and it looks alright, she's fine. Jasmine tries to look her best but she can get a little dirty. Okay. Really dirty. She'll usually wear a very simple brown dress, or t-shirt and jeans and converse shoes, though she enjoys being barefoot.

Body Style: Skinny and tall.

My biggest suggestion is to edit it in BB code editor, rather than rich text editor.

The code you copy-pasted works, but I'm willing to bet you a shiny nickel that if you go to the BB code editor (the little wrench icon at the upper right corner of the editor window), you'll find extraneous code that the rich text editor inserted when trying to "help" you :)

When you are trying to edit this code, are you doing it with a word processor (Microsoft, Google Docs, etc.) or do you do it straight on RpN?

I took out a space between a closing image tag and a closing floatright tag.

I don't know why it worked.

And ninja'd by others, but... I'd go to the BB code editor then search on "tab" - you'll find the extraneous code pretty quickly that way.

Your initial [tab is indented. if the starting code and ending code are not the same formatting in font. alignment and indentation then it breaks the code.

Erica said:
My biggest suggestion is to edit it in BB code editor, rather than rich text editor.
The code you copy-pasted works, but I'm willing to bet you a shiny nickel that if you go to the BB code editor the little wrench icon at the upper right corner of the editor window), you'll find extraneous code that the rich text editor inserted when trying to "help" you :)
Ahhh! It worked! Thank you Erica!

And thanks a ton, all of you guys! I knew there was a BBCode editor thing but I never knew why I should use it. But now I got it! Yaaayyy!

Another word of precaution, even using the BBcode editor can be faulty. RpNation will automatically close tags for you if you forget to put them in yourself, which can mess up a lot of your coding. I highly recommend copy and pasting (like others have said) from another source that keeps the original, raw coding for you. ( :) )

You use it because Rich Text is the devil incarnate in situations where precision is required for tag placement.

Musician said:
Another word of precaution, even using the BBcode editor can be faulty. RpNation will automatically close tags for you if you forget to put them in yourself, which can mess up a lot of your coding. I highly recommend copy and pasting (like others have said) from another source that keeps the original, raw coding for you. ( :) )
And

@CloudyBlueDay

If you open rich text at any point and time when you have a ton of bbcode, the rich text editor adds the "fixes."

If you use a lot of bbc in many of your posts, I'd recommend turning off rich text editor. Or if you are editing a lot of your posts that contain lots of bbc, I'd recommend turning it off. (The option is located in your settings)

But if you only use it for the occasional character sheet, then what Music said is fine. Just remember that if you have to edit it, you will need to edit it in the "raw" format that's in a document else where, and not in the post itself. (Because, again, if you open rich text at any time and you have a lot of bbc, it'll try to "fix" it. This includes switching back to the rich text after using the bbc editor)

Auren said:
And
@CloudyBlueDay

If you open rich text at any point and time when you have a ton of bbcode, the rich text editor adds the "fixes."

If you use a lot of bbc in many of your posts, I'd recommend turning off rich text editor. Or if you are editing a lot of your posts that contain lots of bbc, I'd recommend turning it off. (The option is located in your settings)

But if you only use it for the occasional character sheet, then what Music said is fine. Just remember that if you have to edit it, you will need to edit it in the "raw" format that's in a document else where, and not in the post itself. (Because, again, if you open rich text at any time and you have a lot of bbc, it'll try to "fix" it. This includes switching back to the rich text after using the bbc editor)
TLDR; Don't use the rich text editor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back