• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

CO-GMing?

Atom

Suffers from Selective Memory
So I think it would be cool if you could co-run a thread, like give someone else editorial privileges on main posts, allow them to delete posts needing deleted, etc.

Basically all the privileges the creator has over his or her own thread for two or more people.

It'd be easier to organize and run larger threads I believe. As well as make it easier for two people that worked on individual parts of an RP to post them.

Opinions?

This used to be available when we had the Forum-based Roleplays. Basically, the RP was a subforum, with the ability to make multiple threads and subforums, etc. Sadly, this function was lost due to the add-on for the Forums being corrupted. I believe the admins are working to bring it back, but it will be a while.

You can read more about it here : https://www.rpnation.com/threads/very-disappointing-news.63966/

This was done before, as Ayl stated, however, even back on the old system I only remember the Staff collaborating in this way on a few games, namely @Miz and @Pineapple. So I reckon they're the people who can tell you best if this was, is, or will be available again *woof*

This is something we could look into adding to the site (no promise) However, we would need to look into who would use it or even want it. We also need to be concerned about an influx of 'power mad co authors' or things like that, where one of them gets angry starts deleting things or even the entire game.

Pineapple said:
This is something we could look into adding to the site (no promise) However, we would need to look into who would use it or even want it. We also need to be concerned about an influx of 'power mad co authors' or things like that, where one of them gets angry starts deleting things or even the entire game.
Multi delete timer? After so many deletions it waits? Or it requires both to authorize a permanent delete?

Like the second deletes, but instead it strikes everything out and then when the first gets on he can authorize full deletion?

And I think you'd find use for this in dice RPs perhaps.

Atom said:
Multi delete timer? After so many deletions it waits? Or it requires both to authorize a permanent delete?
Like the second deletes, but instead it strikes everything out and then when the first gets on he can authorize full deletion?

And I think you'd find use for this in dice RPs perhaps.
Possibilities. However, it;'s important to remember that this isn't a toggle switch in the back end, we would have to commission someone to create an add-on to allow this. (Which is why we need to evaluate first)

Pineapple said:
Possibilities. However, it;'s important to remember that this isn't a toggle switch in the back end, we would have to commission someone to create an add-on to allow this. (Which is why we need to evaluate first)
Oh of course. Which is why before hand you'd need to have solid precautions.

Like the cool authorization idea c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back