• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Closed

Prince Caelum of Freland
Caelum bolted out of bed the second he woke up. He knew that a meeting between the royals was inevitable today and with a feeling that he'd somehow be called in, he needed to get as much free time as possible. He dressed quickly and dashed down to the kitchens, shoveling down breakfast and thanking those who made it. He then ran over to the armory, grabbed his favored bow and arrow and then sprinted out onto the grounds and down to the stables. Knowing that Hero had been up for a while and had long since breakfasted, the prince pulled the stallion out of his stall and this time, actually put a saddle on. After he finished putting on the horse's breastplate and martingale, he then slipped the bridle on, grabbed his bow and arrow and climbed aboard.

Caelum cantered Hero over to a flat, grassy area where he had a few targets set up. He planned to spend the first half of his practice on horseback and the second half standing. He loaded the arrow into the bow and arrow and then urged Hero into a gallop, taking both hands off the reins and aiming with the bow. He rarely missed and today was no exception, the tip of the arrow landing just inside the center of the bullseye. Grinning, Caelum turned Hero and they walked over to get it.

[ interactions are open ]

Perceus
Since before the sun rose the adviser had been awake and on the move. Along with dressing and eating he'd spoken to the head servant, filled some pages of the ledgers, and written a few letters. He kept an eye on the castle's innards while the staff started on their duties as well, much like every morning. Come day break he was well into the city below to run a few errands barely above a servant's line of work, but it also gave him time to do some things for himself while he was there. Now, with the sun having risen, Perceus was back inside of Hoellan's gates with an attentive gleam to his eyes. He took in the happenings around him, although there wasn't much happening on the surface. Iron keys hanging from the loose belt knotted around his hips jingled softly with each light step he took. Although he kept the key to his own room hidden, it wasn't uncommon to see him with a set of them on a busy day. He needs most of them to access certain parts of the library and storage rooms, as do others who share the same keys. Birds sung to each other from behind the windows, breaking the near silence of the sunlit corridor. Percy decided to whistle with them as he continued towards his destination, a quiet tune well known throughout the country.

As Perceus turned the corner of the hall to reach his room he nearly bumped into the elderly priest who was looking quite erratic, clearly more frightened by their near collision. "By the Gods!" the adviser exclaimed with false surprise, although it wasn't loud,"You don't look well, old friend. I thought I saw a ghost."
"There is only one God, and he watches over us all, child," Balasuriya scolded Percy, his aged blue eyes glaring at him.
"Forgive me, I am new to the faith," Perceus spoke with an amused yet gentle tone to his voice. The Priest only huffed off his frustration and continued to speak, "Yes, I know that, I should've known it was you when I heard whistling like a bird. Nevertheless, I need to speak with you immediately."
"Might I ask what this is about?" Percy motioned Father Balasuriya to the direction of his room. Even though he was well aware of what the reasoning may be, his curiosity held him so. He walked alongside the robed man at a slowed pace, assuring that he wouldn't leave him behind. Balasuriya shook his wrinkled head, "No, you may not, it is a private matter." Once the two made it there they disappeared inside with a bark from Beast escaping the room when Percy closed the door behind them.

Only a few minutes had passed when Balasuriya left the room, the worried furrow in his thick white brows deepening while he walked away. Beast dashed out after him, nails tapping against the floor whilst he happily barked. "Beast," The dog bounced on his small paws when Perceus called him, fluffy tail wagging, "Come lay down." Beast being the well-trained dog that he was, came back in to his companion's room. Percy pet him a few times before he got up from his desk and cleaned the fur from his thin coat. Compared to some, his room was relatively small and held little decorations aside from unlit candles, sheer curtains, and a Freland banner hung beside the doorway. He left the room, locking it behind him with a large brown book now clasped in his left hand. Perceus, maintaining the same poised posture as usual, continued down the hall to the throne room. This is where he took his rest and seated himself on one of the wooden benches near the entrance. The large book was placed across his lap, only being opened when he was approached to discuss things that were currently needed in the castle. He watched as the room was prepared for the meeting that was going to be held today, giving a few pointers where it was needed. That was, until a servant approached him and let him know that Berwin wished to see him in the council room. Perceus upped himself from the seat and made it to the council room only a few minutes before Berwin did.

Interactions: Father Balasuriya (NPC,Briefly), Open

Madeline & Rowana
Madeline awoke early that morning just as the sun had risen. As usual, Rowana helped with braiding a flat band in to her dark brown hair, leaving most of it free. The young queen was dressed in a gold and green gown, the yellow top embroidered with flowers to suit the season and the green bottom made of a light material that just reached the ground. It was nearly perfect for the warm weather, but not as physically comfortable as her Setlain gowns. She had eaten for the morning and was now taking a leisurely stroll outside, Rowana walking closely beside her. Christine had left them for the morning to check on Ophelia. Madeline was more than a little stressed, taking a flower from the bush near by into her fingers, "Things wont go well for us here," she eyed the smooth white petals with hazel eyes, "that much I'm sure of."
The sound of horses trotting and dogs barking in the distance caught the attention of them both yet it only lasted for a moment. Rowana was also concerned, but she had little idea on what to really say to help, "If anything, we Setlainians are survivors. We've lived through so much."
"Yes, we've survived in our country, not here," Madeline plucked the flower from the lush green bush entirely,"Do you think they will really protect us? They need protection from themselves."
"Ah, that may be true," Rowana took the back of Madeline's hand and gently squeezed,"But, we must have faith. Your mother knew what she was doing. We don't have the money to pay for a ship to Kastia right now."
"Of course, she has faith in Freland, she always has," a quiet hiss of breath escaped her lips,"I don't, not after last night."
"Your majesty, you never did," the tan skinned Lady said with amusement and they both chuckled nervously,"Madeline, It will be fine. There's to be a meeting today to discuss negotiations."
Madeline rolled her eyes and tossed the flower back in to the brush, "I can't wait."
Rowana took her arm and wrapped her own around it, guiding her matron back to the castle, "Remember, this is for your country- You are more than suitable for a husband, and they will help. Tell me, what do you think of the suitors?"
"I have no opinions of them yet, I've only heard rumors," The two walked together slowly in conversation, Rowana's own dress weighing on the grass beneath them.

Interactions: Open

Christine
Christine left the kitchen with a warm cup of tea in her small hand. Her shoe covered feet patted against the titled floor as she made way to Ophelia's room. She was unsure if her fellow Lady had woken up yet, but her lack of presence earlier this morning had Madeline concerned for their friend's safety. The pouch of herbs she had within her dress pockets fumbled about with her hasty movements, her curly hair drifting behind her. The lady obviously had an objective in mind, focus invading what was usually a clam expression. She nearly spilled the cup when she narrowly avoided bumping in to a servant. After apologizing she continued on her way until she made it to Ophelia's chambers. Once there she softly knocked on the door. "Opehlia, are you awake?"

Interactions: Ophelia deianeira deianeira

Last edited:
Matthias woke up extremely early, had breakfast, and generally wandered around until the sun rose. The nerves were getting to his sleeping schedule. His mind was glued onto the meeting that night. He knew what to say and how to act, but he couldn't shake the doubts from his mind. This had to be good, he would get his country their army, even if it meant dying. There was no price he wouldn't pay to get what his kingdom needed. All riled up after a short pep talk he gave to himself, he felt like enjoying the nice weather outside. He slipped into a simple white poet shirt and slacks then went off to the grounds with his journal.

There wasn't a lot of time to develop hobbies for Matthias. If there wasn't homework for class, there was always a princely duty or a training session. But he has recently developed an appreciation for literature and music. His journal, which was small and leather bound, held his ideas, rhythms, and notes. It was the only secret he kept from his siblings. Nothing in there was particularly personal or important, but it was something that Matthias just didn't bring up in conversation. He wasn't ashamed of it, well maybe a little bit, but the journal was messy, unorganized. It was like a code only he could understand.

The prince settled down in a nice spot under a tree that overlooked the general grounds. He open his book and flipped to one of the full pages. Since the first meeting would be held later that day, he decided to review some of the notes he took during one of his father's lectures. There was a lot of stuff about Astryan honor and stories about past great kings. His father always spoke in short stories and colorful novels, every word carefully chosen, crafted, and twisted into exactly how he wanted it. It was his talent to inspire, it's what made everyone listen to him. Matthias could only hope he would be half as good.

He flipped through more pages and watched as Prince Caelum came into view on his horse and bow. Astrya wasn't a very militant country, so Matthias didn't learn much about archery or swordplay. He focused on hand to hand and martial arts maneuvers. It was unnecessary, but the people liked a physically capable prince. The only thing he could do when it came to war was to strategize. The king couldn't go out and fight the battle himself. He would lead his army with his intellect, not pointless risk.

King Berwin of Freland
The sun rose above the horizon to greet Berwin, his hazel eyes darkened with exhaustion. The king had not slept a wink after the banquet had ended. Too many thoughts and emotions flooded his conscious. He was confident that Semiramis had said some words after his dismissal, but for once he had shut her out. After the acceptance of their relationship ending, it was easier for Berwin not to look for the cold-hearted woman anymore. His heart was numb and his mind a nebulous mess. While he had consumed some wine, the amount was not enough to forget her cold, blue eyes or her shining, bright smile that he once loved. All throughout the night, his mind was replaying the memorable times of him and Semiramis. A stream of tears had escaped the man's eyes for some time of the night. While it had seemed easy for him to walk away, the aftereffects were suffocating. Where had they gone wrong?

It was the question that kept circling his mind. Until his gaze fell upon a reflection of himself. Puffy eyes, dishevelled hair, distinct wrinkles, and a subtle frown. He was a broken man, but upon seeing himself, Berwin realized that he could only be this broken man behind closed doors, alone. He was King Berwin of Freland, his greatest priority being the well-being of his subjects. There was nothing more or nothing less to it. Before he was aware of the influence he had and the choices he could make, but after his father passed, Berwin had made a promise to himself that he was going to become a better man and king.

Needing some spiritual guidance, Berwin reached into one of the inner pockets of his vest and pulled out a worn, wooden rosary. Despite all the wealth the king had, he carried a simple rosary because it held great sentimental value to him. After all, it was the only handmade gift he had received from his mother before she passed. Knowing he wouldn't be able to sleep, Berwin decided to pray for the rest of the night.

Hours of nothing but repeated prayers. The king had knelt for the majority of the time until the sun had shined its rays into the room signalling the new day had come. A knock startled the man as he stood up from his kneeling position to greet whichever servant was attending to him. Much to his surprise, it was Wellington, one of the guardsmen. "Why this is quite the surprise. As much as I appreciate seeing your presence, I must ask why you have abandoned your position?"

Wellington bowed before Berwin as he spoke, "I was relieved for my break. And...there was some concern from the hands of the household on the well-being of the king and queen. We may not have a lot to offer for our Majesty, but we would like to ensure our admiration for his Highness. We cannot empathize with the great king, but we seek to show our support for him. Your Highness, we appreciate all you do for us." A newfound warmth blanketed the king's body. There was still some pain and wounds in his heart, but the warmth spreading across his system comforted him. Berwin approached the man and placed a hand on his shoulder, "You and all the people have my gratitude." Wellington was still bowed down as the king left the room.

With his spirits lifted up, Berwin decided to tackle the day with as much power as he could. First, he needed to discuss some issues with Perceus and Solomon, "Would you please tell Solomon and Perceus that I request their audience in the conference room?" After a quick bow of acknowledgement, two servants dashed off to find the advisor and healer while the king proceeded to make his way to the throne room. There was some light activity sturring in the hallways of the castle as Berwin walked to the conference room, but his mind was concentrated on the things he needed to ask his advisor and healer making the trip appear shorter than what it was.

"Oh, Perceus! You are already here. Quite the punctuality you have. Well, I shall tell the servants that we only need Solomon then," Berwin turned to the nearest servant and relayed the message he wanted the rest of the staff to know of before fully entering the conference room. "Now before I proceed with questions I have for the meeting scheduled later in the evening, I want your insight on the consequences last night's banquet might have potentially brought."
Tag(s):
Wert Wert kibou kibou

Last edited:
Perceus
Perceus stood up from the seat when he saw Berwin coming to the throne room. "My Lord," He softly bowed his head in greeting to the King of Freland, the large book clasped against his lean form. Patiently he waited for the king to enter the council room, listening intently to what he asked. The adviser paused in thought for a matter of seconds, his eyes trailing over the faces of the servants as they left the room,"After the events of last night we've been left with an unreliable image to some, including a few of our guests. After the banquet, I managed to express that silence on the matter is of the upmost importance to much of our local nobility; however, some are still concerned about the Queen." He paused, his hands coming to hold the book behind his back. "Word of mouth spreads quickly, Your majesty, and many will see this as a sign of weakness," Perceus attempted at making the point clear without going far in to details. Although his expression still held some of the lighthearted ease it usually did, the tone of his voice was shifted with a form of gravity, "I'm afraid it doesn't bode well should this reach beyond Freland, or worse, swell among the people. There is already talk of war with Eflon upon the arrival of our young guests, the citizens are uneasy."

Interactions: Life. Life.

Last edited:

Ophelia Walsh
At the sound of knocking, Ophelia jolted, startled by the noise. She should have been expecting it---after all, it was almost time for her daily duties. She was obviously too ingrained in her reading to notice.

Faintly, Christine's voice rang through the thick door of her current bedroom, the other Lady-In-Waiting asking if she was awake yet. Ophelia grabbed her crocheted bookmark and placed it in her spot. She didn't want to lose her place. "Yes, I'm up!" She called. "I'll be out in just a second!"

Thankfully, Ophelia had the forethought to get ready beforehand, as to be presentable when either Rowana or Christine came knocking at her door. The dress of today was a simple silver and brown number, and Ophelia had managed to wrangle her long, unruly red locks into a somewhat elegant French Twist. All-in-all, this was pretty good.

Throwing on her black flats, Ophelia opened the door with a smile. "Good morning, Christine, how are you today?"

Christine seemed to be slightly concerned about something, but Ophelia couldn't imagine that it was anything more than nerves about one of their first few days in this foreign castle. After all, they were quite far from home, and she was sure that just about anyone would have been nervous after Queen Semiramis's speech from the previous night.

"Are we needed by the Queen?" Ophelia couldnt help but voice her question. It was unusual for Christine to come alone---usually Rowana tackled fetching the other two ladies. If Queen Madeline was particularly worried about something, Rowana was the one that typically stayed by her side. "Is she still worried about that damned speech?"

Ophelia, while as worried as most of the other foreigners, had decided to take a much less conventional approach to the Queen of Freland. Yes, her speech had been intimidating and unexpected, Ophelia refused to be afraid of her. Her job was to protect, comfort, and serve Queen Madeline, not be scared into a corner by some noble of an entire different country.

(Interactions: Wert Wert )

Mood: Feeling Calm
Interacting w/: (Free To Interact!)
Mentioned: Wert Wert (Perceus) & DewOfTheMountains DewOfTheMountains

Alena had been dismissed of her duties ever since last night when she decided to accidentally spill some of the meat over. This was her punishment, and she got a scolding from the head servant. Even though the punishment may seem light, the head servant knew that Alena is typically a quiet girl, never gets into trouble nor stir trouble nor start it, and she most certainly never spills anything in front of anyone. Alena was one of the good ones, but, Greshelda took it easy on her last night and thought that Alena had just been overwhelmed since it was her second time working in such a crowded area, but the meat tray was heavy and it was their fault for sending her out with such a heavy task. She was grateful for the help of the man last night, although she didn't ask him for his name, she was sure that she'd run into him in the palace. She would thank him for helping her, and also apologize for rejecting his help.

How would she spend today off? She never had a break, and if she did it was because she had finished her chores earlier then everyone else and waited for a new task.

She thought that since it was a beautiful day out, she would go to the backyard of the palace and find a nice spot on the field to enjoy a meal. It wasn't much of a meal, only some leftover fruit from the festivities last night, and some bread, three different types of cheese, and some freshly pressed juice that she had made this morning. She put them all neatly and nicely into a basket and also decided to take her poetry book and a pencil. This notebook was only brought out during the night when everyone had gone asleep, it was nice to write down all her deepest emotions into poems and then read it out loud, some was about love, other poems were about her dark past. Alena took a step outside and began to walk towards the field, there was a tree there, but she thought it'd be best to get some sunlight so without even looking to see if anyone was there, but from the corner of her eyes, she did see shoes peeking out from the other side of the tree. She shrugged it off, and she took out a small white cloth and set it on the spot in the field where she would be seated and set her basket down and began to take out the different foods that she brought.

Alena let out a sigh, this was nice, having the sun beating down on her skin. But she did feel bad that her duties were taken over by other servant. Alena was always the one to feel bad about things and she hated it, but what was she suppose to do. Greshelda didn't want her to do any work, afraid that she would relive what happened last night.

Last edited:
For several moments, Crystina ran her fingers through her son's hair, just as she did when he was younger. Instinctively, she started humming the same lullaby she had to soothe him when he fussed as a baby. She had done this so many times before, back when the Queen simply ignored them. Back when things were easier.

"You can be more than all those things combined if you're careful," she whispered to him as fingers combed backwards into the dark hair he inherited from his father, "You are the King's son, no matter who your father is." She gently moved his head, prompting him to sit up before she grabbed some watering cans, "But please - do not provoke the court. In the coming weeks, please keep a low profile."

She began to water the plants that needed it, her bare finger poking into the soil to determine such. This wasn't a task for gloves; she needed to feel the soil. Needless to say, even when she wiped the dirt away, a little dirt was left remaining under her otherwise perfectly manicured nails.

"I'll be with your father, Klarion - feel free to join us if you so choose for lunch. I'm sure your father needs the family time." Crystina knew that Berwin loved his other children just as much as he did Klarion. The difference, however, was that Crystina was capable of presenting the perfect front; a loving and devoted companion even with the others. In fact, while Semiramis was gone, Crystina had spent time as their de-facto mother. Surely, if she were his Wife, the ball would have been so much different, Mistress or not.

--

Hours passed and soon after a short walk around the palace gardens, Crystina was back in her room, hands clean of the extraneous dirt. She was bounded to eat with Berwin soon. He always called on her since, well, Semiramis wasn't of much company unless you wanted...well, you know.

Her footsteps echoed throughout the halls as she made her way towards the typical room that her and the King ate. Sure, it wasn't time yet, but there was a library open until then and that's where she could usually be found before Berwin summoned her for their lunch.

(Interactions L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel . After the break, interactions are open in the library).

Tenebris made sure no one else was either following him or around him at all. His mindset was focused on his primary goal of finding a weakness on the Freland nobles, so he couldn't be caught doing his deeds. Or at least a way to manipulate them anyway. The star couple, the king and queen, are a great start. But, I haven't gotten any clues or dirt on them. Tenebris schemed as he walked. There are two things that can give me the answer. Old-fashioned books and the servants of the kingdom. He thought about it for a moment and weighed his options.

Talking to people and acting friendly is already exhausting. But they may be outdated... To hell with it, I'm going to the library! He had a determined smirk on his face and sprinted off. In all honesty, the boy had no idea where he was going. He trusted his brilliant mind and instincts to somehow teleport there.

Unfortunately, the boy had trusted more on his instincts rather than his smarts. "DAMN IT! How did I end up on the grassy fields?!" He cursed outloud. It took him a long while to end up where he was, an hour or less. He did see someone under a tree in the distance. That person... She looks familiar. If memory serves right, she must be one of the servants here. He sighed, knowing what he should do. Well, maybe she has some useful information... I hope. He walked closer towards her and quickly thought of some questions to ask.

|Mentions: @sprouhtt|

Last edited:
After a night that seemed to stretch on forever the celebration had come to a close and as most of the guests had already filed out the doors, a few were being escorted by servants. Solomon, too, had a noble using him for support as he led the small group out of the dining hall, his arm wrapped securely under the other man's arms. The food, tables, decorations, and other event arrangements needed to be taken down, and the hall had to be completely cleared in order to allow the rest of the castle's hands to perform their work properly. Thus Solomon walked in silence except for the sound of their unevenly paced footfalls. Periodically the nobleman would stagger, Solomon would brace himself and pull the man back up, and they continued on like this for some time. Eventually, the other man mumbled a query.

"Where're we going?"

"To the dispensary, sir. You will undoubtedly have work to do, so I'll get you something to help ease the morning fog."

"Ughh."

As they approached the room Solomon directed the man to the side of the corridor, allowing one of the servants to pass them and open the door.

"Thank you, Merick."

The room was quite sizable and had beds lined up in a row, almost all of them empty. Solomon led the nobleman he was assisting to sit on one of them, and the other two nobles the servants had brought followed suit.

"Rest here for a minute, please. If you need anything, ask one of the attendants."

He looked over the three of them, and satisfied with the slow nod he received from one, dismissed the regular castle servants, and gestured for Merick to follow and unlocked and left through a connecting door to the next-door room. It vaguely resembled a kitchen, and was full from top to bottom with shelves covered in containers filled with various substances, plants, books, and tools.

"If you could start the stove for me."

"Yessir."

The oven in the room was quite small, but didn't need to be any larger for his purposes. Solomon quickly got to work, filling a small pot with water from a barrel and set it on the stovetop. While waiting for it to warm, he pulled three of the containers off the shelves and one vial, and set them down next to each other. Next he placed a small cheese cloth over the pan so it was partially submerged in the bubbling water, measured out a roughly ground black powder from one container and a collection of dried leaves from another, and placed them in the cloth. After it had steeped for about five minutes, he removed it, added some of what was in the vial, and poured it into three cups.

"A tray please, Merick."

The younger servant who'd been standing off to the side watching rushed to grab one, and Solomon set the cups on it, and then a handful of stems with flowers intact from the last container. He turned back to one of the shelves, reached for a container of honey, and paused for a second, his fingers just brushing it. He pulled his arm back, leaving it in its place, and left out the door into the room where the bottle-sick nobles were waiting, with Merick close behind.

It seemed one of them had fallen asleep already, in a fairly awkward-looking position. Gently, so as to not wake him, Solomon rolled him over to be on his side and then addressed the remaining nobles in a hushed tone, "Here, this will help you both feel better later," and handed them a cup one at a time.

The noblewoman lifted the cup to her mouth first, took a sip, and immediately spluttered and coughed out the mixture with a horrified expression.

"By God tha's bitter, whathe hell is this?"

"It is jasmine tea, essence of milk thistle, and a drink made from dried beans that originated in Eflon and has become popular in Setlain lately."

"You're expecting me t' drink this filth?"

"Madam, you will feel much better for it. The first two ingredients are well known for easing nausea, and the third for headaches and tiredness. The upper part of the meadowsweet plant can also be chewed to relieve pain as needed. Here, there's one extra, so I'll drink it with you both," Solomon lifted the last cup from the tray Merick held, "and the meadowsweet is really quite pleasant, it will clear out the taste after as well. Believe me, I know from experience. It's one of the first cures I learned to make."

The horror on the noblewoman's face softened into uncertain disgust, and she exchanged a glance with her drunken comrade who had been eyeing and sniffing at his cup suspiciously after her reaction. It was amazing sometimes how fussy nobles could be.

"Alright then, we drink together."

"Ugh."

Solomon lifted the cup up and then brought it to his mouth, hesitating for just a second as the first drops of the dark liquid hit his tongue. It had been such a long time since he'd tasted the drink, but he pushed the thought out of him mind as he downed the rest of it easily. While the nobles reluctantly followed suit, the woman trying to down it one shot as well and the other man taking it in parts, both immediately taking meadowsweet from the tray after.

"Next time, please go easy on the wine. You two can rest here for the night if you'd like. If you begin to feel like you're going to be sick, there are pans under your beds. When you awake, I suggest a hot bath and eggs for breakfast. If you need anything else, have one of the castle's servants fetch me. " And with that, Solomon placed his cup on his assistant's tray and left Merick to take it back to the dispensary in favor of heading directly to his own bedchambers.

The corridors were almost all empty now, save for a few servants, the only light coming from torches flickering on the walls. The walk and absence of others was pleasantly uneventful after the long night, and the he soon enough came to his door, unlocked it, and stepped inside. A cool breeze met him as he stepped around piles of books, candles, and plants that grew well in pots, to sit on the bed. The dresser next to it held more books haphazardly stacked, one of them sitting on top of a cup. Gingerly he lifted up the book, balanced it atop a nearby one, and sat down on the bed with the half-empty cup. For a minute or two, he stared at floor beneath him, occasionally taking sips of the tepid tea. Tomorrow he'd have to check up on both the Queen and King of the court, and with how late the night went, there was no way he'd have enough time to rest before the day began. With a sigh, he placed the now-empty cup back on the dresser, and settled down.

----

Thump.

Something heavy had just hit him in the stomach. Startled by the violent awakening, Solomon jolted up, eye wide, seized the nearest object, and brandished it above his head.

"Oh, why hellooo Val!" A voice came from the door that was cracked open, and Solomon relaxed, seeing Merick bend down to offer his hand to the white cat that was approaching him. Ahh, the window above his bed had been left open. When he'd arrived at the castle, he'd requested a ground-level room on the very outside of the castle near the gardens. On the windowsill were a few small pots he'd placed with mint-like herbs imported from the south which had since attracted a few furry friends.

He let out his breath and leaned back against the bed-frame. "What is it?"

"The King wishes to see you in the throne room," came the cheery reply as his assistant scratched their visitor's head, Val purring in approval. Had he slept in?

"Of course," Solomon nodded and mumbled, blinking the sleep away, "You may go, I'll be there shortly."

"Bye Val." Merick gave the cat one final head pat, and then closed the door slowly to make sure it didn't escape. As soon as he'd left, Solomon got up, changed into fresh clothing, these ones with simple cream and earthy colors, and headed out.

On his way to the throne room he pulled the now-messy ribbon out of his hair, shook out the wavy locks and began combing through them with his fingers. There was no time to re-do it, but this was fine as well.

The guards at the entrance of the throne room opened the grand doors, and Solomon approached Berwin with a bow.

"Your Majesty the King, you wished to see me?" He straightened his back, and seeing that they were joined by the royal adviser gave a slight head bow to the man. "Perceus."

Out of habit his gaze strayed to give the room a quick once-over. Everything was back to usual, the previous night's flourishes gone without a trace, save for the tensive atmosphere hanging over it like an ominous cloud.
Tags: PsychicSoldierAthena PsychicSoldierAthena Wert Wert

Last edited:
Mood: Feeling Calm/Confused
Interacting w/: DewOfTheMountains DewOfTheMountains
Mentioned: Wert Wert (Perceus)

Alena had begun to cut some of the hard cheese that she got from the kitchen, but by the time she had been walking outside, the cheese had softened, making it easier for her to cut through it. Alena took the small slice that she had cut for herself, and put it in her mouth before she chewed, she took a grape from the stem full of grapes and plopped it in her mouth. She looked around the field to her amusement, it was quiet and peaceful. The birds were souring through the sky, while the wind blew through their wings. It was a good day out, but a little quiet, not that she didn't mind the quiet. Alena was always alone, and she didn't find any harm in being alone, except for being alone in her own thoughts. It always brought back painful memories of everything that happened to her or around her, which is why she prefers to keep herself busy with work all day long.

Alena felt as though a presence was coming to welcome her, she had a feeling since she heard footsteps coming from behind her. Alena was about to let her hair down from her bun, but she kept herself from doing so. When she turned around, she saw that it was a guy, he looked pretty young and his attire screamed wealth. Maybe the gods were out to get her because this was the second time someone of high status come her way. Alena quickly stood up from where she was and she chewed the grape and cheese as quick as she could, forgetting to savour the flavours.

Alena stood completely still, "Yes, may I help you with anything?" She asked the man, never coming into eye contact with him.

King Berwin of Freland
He was already aware of the consequences that came to be, but some part of Berwin had hoped if Perceus had not said anything that maybe it was all a horrible nightmare the king dreamt of. But as his attention captured his advisor's words, his facade of cheeriness faded. "Just as I feared," Berwin whispered. The king sluggishly walked over to his seat at the head of the table and sat down, releasing a deep and heavy sigh as he did so.

Berwin rested his elbows on the tabletop, clasped his hands together, and rested his forehead on the bundled fists. Despite the lack of sleep, the king's mind was formulating alternatives to the situation. There was the option of persuading the church to condemn her incapable of her position, but a small part of him felt sympathy for the woman. He was aware that there were things haunting her, corrupting her mind, and ultimately breaking her. But she sought for no help from anyone and desired no assistance from Berwin. Which led him to decide that the least he could do was spare her from completely falling off from her status. Although if she pulled another stunt like she did last night then he would reconsider.

Moving away from that option, Berwin decided to focus on another one, "I will speak to her on how to mend this fault. Perhaps before the meeting this evening. If all goes well then we can come to an agreement where we can cordially show our sincerity of unity to the other nations. While she may prefer to speak in private, I would like for you to accompany me when I talk to her. With another person by our side, she may stay calmer than she was last night." The king's eyes had been focused on the small details of the surface of the table the whole time he spoke until he heard the door to the room open.

Berwin glanced up and saw that Solomon had finally joined them. A faint smile appeared on the king's face as he stood up to receive the healer's greeting, "Please take a seat. I called for your attendance in concern of Queen Semiramis. Due to the display showcased last night, you are probably aware of dissonance between us. This is true to our relationship. Well if I were to be honest, our relationship may have ended then. Now all I ask is advice on how to help Semiramis. While I may not experience any more affectionate feelings for her, she is still a part of my kingdom and ruling which means she is still someone I care for." The king leaned back in his chair as he glanced between Solomon and Perceus, "Perceus, how is Beast? I wish you would've brought the little fellow with you."
Tag(s):
Wert Wert kibou kibou

Last edited:
Ever since he woke up, Tenebris hadn’t eaten his breakfast. Originally, he planned to eat when he got the information he was looking for. But he didn't achieve the results he wanted. While he walked over to the woman, Tenebris quickly took notice of the food she had. I should have eaten a meal before I looked for clues. He advanced his gaze over to the woman, standing straight and attentive; although, her eyes didn't come into contact. She's looks like she did something wrong. Well, it's now or never.

"Ah yes, you can assist me with some things." he started. "But first, you aren't in any trouble or anything." He sat down on the grass by the woman's picnic and motioned her to sit down.. He thought about it for a second and came to at least 3 questions. "...I must ask three simple questions. One, what is your name, madame? Two, do you know anything about the relationship between King Berwin and Queen Semiramis? Gossip or anything noteworthy. Third, has Queen Semiramis acted this cold before?"

I think, that with these questions, I can find some way to influence the nobles here; Prince Klarion comes to mind. His stomach interrupted his thinking with a grumble, making Tenebris have a slight blush.

|Interactions: sprouhtt sprouhtt Mentions: Life. Life. PsychicSoldierAthena PsychicSoldierAthena L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel |

Christine

"Good morning, " Christine's expression eased into a smile when she first heard Ophelia respond. She tucked a lock of loose dark hair behind her ear and nodded her head before she responded to the questions. "Yes, Madeline wanted to make sure you were well, and forewarning, she's also quite annoyed by last night's events," the soft spoken girl offered the warm tea to Ophelia as she continued,"Rowana has been trying all morning to get her to calm down- ah, The meeting should start soon and we'll have to accompany her. Other than that we aren't needed at the moment."

Interactions: Ophelia deianeira deianeira
Perceus

Perceus took a seat at the table and placed the book in front of him as Berwin spoke. The expression on his face balanced between ease and focus while he listened, his back coming to rest against the chair for support. "Your majesty-" He was interrupted by the door opening, a familiar figure entering the room. "Solomon," Percy gave a gentle bow of his head in return, Hazel eyes trailing between Berwin and Solomon as the king spoke. Missing finger, cut ear, closed right eye, useless left arm- The look of him made Percy want to shiver. Although, he wasn't sure if it was some form of disgust, fear, or something else. The scarred Healer always made him think of Eflon, as if he didn't do that enough. Perceus mentally snapped himself back to attention before the King could finish speaking, nimble fingers softly trailing over the table's design ahead of him, "Beast hasn't been easily adjusting to the temperature change. Otherwise, he is doing well, I will let him out once the meeting is done if it pleases you."

interactions: Berwin Life. Life. Solomon kibou kibou

Solomon pulled out a chair next to the royal advisor, his eye fixed on the monarch's face across from them. The fine creases, the slight puffiness around his eyes, and the smile Berwin had just managed to give him painted a picture of weariness, and no wonder. As he spoke he confirmed the obvious rumor of the rift between him and the Queen and the request for advice while unprepared for, was unsurprising. The best way to help the Queen... Solomon leaned back in his chair, and let out an exhale. Berwin asked Perceus about Beast, and his gaze trailed away from the King and off to the side as he pondered. The state of the King and Queen's relationship and Semirami's unfortunate behavior was a matter that affected the entire country of Freland, and their reputation would certainly suffer after last night. If the bastard prince's age was an indication to at least how long the tension had been festering, solving these issues would be no small task.

"If her majesty the Queen was suffering from physical problems, it would be relatively easy to treat," Solomon began tentatively, "but that's not the case." He tapped the pads of his fingers against his knee gently. "In these situations, the root of the problems needs to be addressed- there are no herbs or remedies that can cure what Queen Semiramis may be feeling as a result of your..." He pushed his fingers down, slowly and firmly, "relationship difficulties... In regards to last night, and whether or not there'll be a repeat- ultimately, while I could give her advice on how to calm her emotions, the Queen has to want to be helped."

After stealing a glance towards Perceus, Solomon studied Berwin's face once more to check their reactions and if he spoke too directly, but left a multitude of thoughts unsaid- how broken the Queen's trust in him must be, how upholding appearances was a duty that came with their titles regardless, how the presence of the prince and duchess in the castle this whole time could only be driving the wedge between them further. "It is certainly a difficult situation."

Wert Wert Life. Life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back