• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Closed

Scripted Away

Factory for twisted tales and mysterious matters
1x1 from Marious and B badyogi

• Inspired by •
Through The Glass
and
Ghost In A Mirror

4994071.png

When something like a soul becomes initialized and folded up like paper dolls and little notes, you can't expect a bit of folks
Stonesour
itf4.gif

Horace Simon Renfield
"Just Simon"
6999 years old
Male

Ravenous black hair
Ashen pale skin
White eyes
6'2 ft tall
Slender build
4994075.png

Simon is a true, old-fashioned gentleman.
He will hold doors open, listen intently to everything you tell him and take a secret to his grave, no matter what, if you ask him.
He has a thing for old films, is determined that a loudspeaker could never replace a gramophone.
He can dance classic and loves to visit good restaurants, especially Italian ones, and has read, according to him, more books in his lifetime than the Alexandrian library could hold".
He is a very intelligent and educated man, but when it comes down to electronic devices, he is as talented at handling them as a flower pot at breakdancing.
4994075.png

4994080.png

I'm on the highway to hell
AC/DC
tumblr_mbhz24TVXV1qhxy1oo1_500.gif

Derek Walker
"Deke"
125 years old
Male

Brownish black hair
Dark skin
Dark brown eyes
6'6 ft tall
Athletic build
86eb2a932526fae84809964562853ac1cd38844f.png

Derek is still very young for a vampire, and therefore a lot more careless about everything than most.
When he wants to feed, he feeds, and nothing will stop him.
His rather exagerrated consuming of human blood makes him undeniably stronger than Simon, who refuses to live from actual blood for over 800 years already (and hasn't fed a single time since he has been trapped in the mirror).
While Derek only has to smell a hint of blood to rush into hunting mode, his arch nemesis could have basically drunk nothing for several decades and then swim in a pool of blood without feeling the urge to feed.
Deke is a laid- back, careless, sarcastic guy, a flirt in every kind of way and knows exactly how to manipulate the ones around him.
He loves to sit on his couch and watch horror movies or play x box all day, or just go to the gym.
Though he might be short-tempered and gruff, he doesn't lack of intelligence, and the cold and calculating mindset of a sociopath.
86eb2a932526fae84809964562853ac1cd38844f.png

Delaney

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

latest

☆═━┈┈━═☆

Delaney Lorraine Gallagher
"Dani"
26 years old
Female

Long, straight, dark brown hair
Fair skin
Cinnamon brown eyes
5'7 feet tall
Dancer's build, strong & petite

☆═━┈┈━═☆

Delaney is very friendly, outgoing and playful; she's had an easy life and it shows in her eyes, which are always smiling. She's a bit of a nerd, and she loves to read fantasy books; She's read all the LOTR, Harry Potter & Game of Thrones books, just to name a few. Delaney doesn't really date... her head is in the clouds too much for her to even notice guys around her, but she likes to think if she ever fell in love it would be with a mystical hero like the men in her beloved books.

She's a very graceful dancer; her passions are Latin and Modern dancing, and she's been a dance teacher at a dance studio for the last 2 years. She can be a bit of a kid sometimes, and is easily amused by things like Disney movies and candy. She has a major sweet tooth - she loves to go to the candy store in town that has all the good stuff from the 90's.​

Delaney, or Dani, as most people called her, was so excited she could burst. Up until now, she had always rented, and had spent the last six years in a small apartment in the city. It wasn't a bad apartment, mind you, just one she had outgrown. And while she would miss its little quirks, like the faucet that always dripped musically, or the robin who seemed to be straight out of a Disney film, visiting her windowsill every morning to chirp a song, Dani was happy to finally be moving into her very first home. This house wasn't in the city, but was only a ten minute drive from the dance studio where she taught. The neighborhood was one of those homey, cozy suburbs you see in old 50's movies... the kind that didn't really exist anymore, but that everyone longed for in a nostalgic sort of way. With its porch swing, white picket fence, and flower garden in the back yard, it was perfect.

The moving truck arrived, minutes after she had pulled into the driveway in her beloved blue Volkswagen 181, and Dani immediately began pulling out boxes and taking them into the house. She spent a good part of the morning doing this, constantly pushing things aside that had been left by the previous owner. Who moved away, leaving all their things behind, she had to wonder, but just shrugged it off. She'd take a good look through everything, keep what she wanted and donate the rest to Goodwill. Once she'd just about worn herself out, Dani took a break, heading outside to sit on the porch swing, an ice cold glass of sweet tea in her hand, as she rocked lightly back and forth.​

Ravens were common in this area, mostly because of the many walnut and Apple trees around (and the ancient God that was regularly leaving parts of the sacrifices made to him laying around, that the birds loved to feed on), and since this particular one was a very un-ravenous raven, the new owner of the old Delacourt-house probably hadn't noticed the uninvited visitor that had entered through one of the small basement Windows.

Down here, in the darkness, the raven grew and grew, the disgusting sound of crunching bones and ripping flesh breaking the eerie silence as a more or less human being shaped from it.
More because it undeniably did look like a human, less because it was just as little a human as it was a bird.

Mirrors are said to have magical powers, to show your true self. To show what is truth and what is lie.
Well, it certainly did for this uninvited visitor.
What looked like a handsome young black man in the first moment, revealed to be a horrible monster as soon as it stepped in front of the reflecting silver surface of a mirror that looked so ancient it could come right out of Genevieve's castle.

"Mr.Walker."
From the nothingness of the darkness reflecting in the mirror appeared an ashen pale man, probably in his thirties, his eyes as white as fresh snow, only disrupted by the almost unnaturally deep black of his pupils.
Derek smirked narcissticly.
"Horatio. Well how are you doing, old man?"
Despite the hate that bolted through the older man, his face and voice remained totally calm.
"I'm fine so far, thank you."
"Yeah I bet. Noticed the new owner?"
"Yes. I've seen her in the hallway mirror. She seems to be a nice lady."
"It's a human, you pathetic jerk!", Derek hissed. "That's exactly why i locked you in the mirrors. You are a disgrace for every vampire!"
Horatio just sighed soundlessly, straightened his dark red tie, then his white shirt, grey vest and black jacket, and rested his slender, ashen hand against his chest like a gentleman in an old movie. "Mind you, Sir, not all of our kind are still going the archaic way of consuming human blood. There are plenty of alternatives these days, which i will gladly make use of, once I regained my freedom."
"Yeah, animal blood. Blood substitute powder to stir into a drink. Bleh."
"You are only saying that because you haven't learned to control your demonic nature yet-"
"Because i don't want to, old jerk!"
Just when the man in the mirror was about to reply to that, the ghoul shifted into his bird form again and left through the window, just to visit the girl at the front door as if he had just come over.
"Sup, just saw you're moving in. I'm deke, your neighbor from two houses down the street. Welcome to the neighborhood."
He quirked one eyebrow.
"By the way, this house is known to be strange at times.. just keep your eyes open."

Dani had just gotten back to work, leaving the door and windows open to air the musty smell out of the house as she did. She began tossing things out the front door, while she softly sang a song under her breath. Old rags, piles of newspapers, packing wrappers. She looked up at the sound of the voice at her front door and immediately blushed. Dani was gross from a day of unpacking and cleaning, sweat dotted her brow, her hair was pulled up into a loose messy bun on the top of her head, and she was covered with dust and cobwebs.

"Oh!" She said and stood, wiping her hands on legs of her overalls, before beaming a smile at the man. He was rather gorgeous, she had to admit, but there was something peculiar about him that Dani couldn't quite put her finger on. Maybe she was just tired... "Nice to meet you, Deke. I'm Dani." She wiped some sweat from her brow with the back of her hand, and looked around the living room. "Strange?" She repeated, surprised. "I've seen a lot of dirt, and some questionable dishes in the fridge..." She laughed. "But strange? What do you mean?"​

"Hah, the spiders and dust are what makes this place the place it should be", Deke growled under his breath before he replied to Dani's question.
"Well, let's just say this house has seen more owners than any other house in the city, and no one stayed longer than a month."

Even though Derek had never really cared about truth or lie, this one was indeed true.
Every time someone new moved here, he came around to tell them the same story, and as soon as they saw Horatio then... they all ran away in fear.
Some of the owners he had killed as well.
It was easy-
The ancient curse he had used to lock the older vampire in the mirror basically had one weak point: sacrifice.
Bah.
When someone would be willing to give up their life to free Horatio from his prison, the curse would be broken, the lover would live and Horatio would be free.
And Lucifer knew he would do everything to keep the old basted locked in there forever.

"The local legend says that long ago, a man used to live here with his wife.
But she betrayed him with his brother and killed both.
Driven insane by his guilt and wrath, he killed himself as well; but his dying brother spoke out a curse that bound his ghost to the mirrors in this house, and he is said to linger up to this day.
It's said you can hear him trying to get out, every night."

He lifted one eyebrow and smirked sinisterly as he lifted his shoulders.
"That is, if you believe in such things."

Dani listened as Deke told her the story of the supposedly haunted house, her head slightly tilted to the side and her eyebrow quirked. "Well, I suppose it's a good thing I don't." Dani said, her smile returning. It was true; as much as Dani loved her fantasy novels and dreamed of a far away adventure, she knew they were just that - fantasies. There was no such thing as monsters, ghosts, boogeymen, or things that went bump in the night. Except maybe, the radiator. "But thank you for the warning," she told Deke, her eyes sparkling playfully. "I'll be sure to be on the lookout for any oogie-boogies." As she said the last word, she raised her hands and wiggled her fingers, widening her eyes in a playful manner. She by far wasn't mocking him, just being her usual silly self.

"Anyway," Dani said, gesturing a hand around the living room, which was full of boxes, furniture - old and new, photos to be hung and electronics to be hooked up. "I'd invite you in, but as you can see, I've got a ton to do, and work in the morning. So..." Dani shrugged her shoulder and stepped forward, placing a hand on the door and herself between Deke and the inside of the house. "Thank you for stopping by... maybe I'll see you around sometime? Neighborhood cookout or something." She chuckled, her eyes bright at the thought.​

Deke's smirk just turned even darker as he turned to leave.
"Watch out for shadows", he said sinisterly, and just casually stepped into the sunlight...without throwing the hint of a shadow.
"The other neighbors love to cook. You should definitely meet up with them. Not that they're interesting in any kind of way or So, but-"
He lifted his shoulders.
"They like to talk. Last time I heard them gossiping about the last owners being Satanists and killing eachother in a ritual. Don't know, that's actually quite a common thing here. But I'm trailing off."

Chuckling, Derek lifted his shoulders.
"Oh by the way, an advice from neighbor to neighbor:
There's an Apple plantation a few miles down the main road. A fantastic place, really. If you ever need Apple's, go there. They're known to be as sweet as sugar."

His voice sounded as if he speaking the truth, but the cold gaze in his eyes told a completely different story. In fact, that place probably was one of the dangerous places to be after sunset, and it was tge easiest way to get rid of people. Who went there in the dark, would never be seen again.
Horatio, who had watched the whole conversation from the mirror in the living room, knew that as well.
Just as he knew how good Derek was at the game he was playing. He was preparing several ways to get rid of the girl as quickly as possible. If it wouldn't be story that would drive her away, she would maybe go to see the plantation, or be creeped out by Derek himself, and if all that wouldn't work, she would probably end up being his dinner soon enough.
Luckily, this mirror was covered in dust, so he could leave a message in it.
WATCH OUT!
That at least was less creepy than showing himself to her... hopefully...

"I don't actually eat apples, but thank you." Dani said and waved, before closing the door. She had noticed the way Deke didn't seem to cast a shadow, but she thought maybe it was a trick of the light, or perhaps the sun was hidden behind the house. Either way, she didn't think much of it, and returned to her cleaning. Throughout the rest of the afternoon, she made herself pretty busy. Dusting, cleaning, sweeping out all the cobwebs. She filled bookshelves with her beloved fantasy novels and nick-nacks, hung photos and paintings, rearranged the furniture to point toward the fireplace, and set up the stereo system. Dani didn't own a TV, had never really seen the need for one, when you can literally disappear in any universe with a good book. But she loved music, and dancing around in her pajamas was one of her biggest hobbies and stress relievers. One of the last things Dani did, was pick up an old, ornate mirror to hang above the fireplace. "Ghosts in mirrors," she muttered, rolling her eyes as she chuckled and hung the cord behind the mirror on a sturdy nail. Bending over, she picked up a roll of paper towels and a bottle of Windex, then straightened and looked at the glass of the mirror for the first time.

WATCH OUT!

Dani tilted her head curiously at the writing in the dusty glass. "Cute," she chuckled and sprayed the glass profusely, before wiping it clean. Obviously, someone was trying to play a practical joke on the new girl. Well, she wouldn't be scared off that easily. With her hands on her hips, Dani looked around the living room, satisfied with everything being in its place. There was a pile of things leftover from the previous owner that she'd pushed to the door leading down to the basement. It could wait until tomorrow... one room, one day at a time.

Walking into the kitchen, Dani opened the freezer to pull out a microwavable meal and popped it into the microwave, pressed the button and turned to pour herself a glass of wine, before heading back into the living room to pick out something for a little light reading before bed. All in all... it had been a good day.​

Horatio sighed soundlessly.
Well that hadn't worked out the way he had wanted it to, but he couldn't just give up now.
This lady had not the slightest idea I why danger she was in right now, and if he wouldn't make sure she would take her heels- and that asap- he knew she would probably end up dead rather sooner than later.

Sure, there was barely anything he wanted more than to get out of his prison, but he knew that Derek would do everything to prevent that, so risking her life was no option for him.
He had to do something!
But she had wiped away the dust.
Now he only had two possibilities left-
A) show himself and scare the good grief out of her or
B) try to reason with her.
Awesome.
Great choices.

Horatio spent a good 2 hours on wandering through the mirrors in this house and thinking about his options.
Lastly, he once he had no other chance to make sure she wouldn't end up being a victim of Derek as Well.

So he returned to the mirror in the living room, watched her read for quite a while.
This would have been an awesome scene for a horror piece in a theatre now. The new resident reading a book, not noticing that she was watched by a man in a mirror, the same man who had built this house over a decade ago.
He slightly tilted his head aside to read the title of the book.
A smile formed on his pale face as he gently knocked his knuckles against the glass.
"Harry Potter. The last owner's daughter used to tell me about these books. They did, surprisingly, sound like great literature. I've heard them to be about friendship, overcoming your fears, loyalty and bravery in the face of death...i doubt it would be able to change my voice of my all- time favorite book, but it surly sounds entertaining", he explained.
Yep.
He had decided to try and reason with her. If she would be scared, well, good as well.
"I apologize, young lady, I apparently forgot to introduce myself. My name is Horatio Simon Renfield, builder and first owner of this house. May I ask to learn your name as well?"

Dani was halfway through Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, which was in her opinion, the best of the Harry Potter series, when she heard a voice that made her drop her book. She jumped up and first, looked to the windows and door. Had someone broken in? Where was the voice coming from. It took a few moments of looking around wildly to spot the man in the mirror, and she sure as hell almost had a heart attack right then and there. Dani didn't run away screaming, or anything quite so dramatic, but she did stumble a bit and fall back to a sitting position on the edge of the couch, clapping a hand over her mouth in shock as she stared wide-eyed at the mirror.

Ghosts in the mirrors...

The man stated his name, in a rather formal and gentlemanly introduction, and Dani eventually lowered her hand and stood, walking over to peer closer. She could just barely see her own reflection in the glass, but his presence was much more prominent than her own. His skin was deathly pale, and his eyes were white, save the pupil. He wore a suit and was one of the strangest, best dressed men she'd ever seen. "Um..." Dani said softly, wondering why on Earth she was talking to this man at all. If Deke was right... clearly he was, this man ... ghost? was dangerous. But still, she spoke her name, her head tilted curiously as she studied his appearance. "I'm Delaney Lorraine Gallagher," she introduced herself, giving her full name the same way he had. "My friends call me Dani." Reaching up to touch the glass, Dani leaned forward a bit, examining the half centimeter or space between her fingertips and the mirror. "Are... you real?"​

Simon remained utterly silent as he gave Dani the time she needed to adjust to his father surprising and sudden appearance...and, well, his appearance.
Not everyone was used to corpse-like skin tone and white eyes.
When she seemed to have calmed down, he watched her intently, bidding slightly as she told him her name.

"Well, it is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Gallagher", he said with one of his typical faint, yet gentle smiles.
Her fascination about his captivation in this rather untypical location was quite intriguing, just as how collected she still was, despite an encounter like this one right now.
What a fascinating young lady.
"May I ask wether you would prefer formal or informal addressing, miss?"
When her fingers rested on the cool glass on the mirror, Simon lifted his hand to place it right where her fingers were, and the mirror instantly gained body temperature, right where his hand was.
"As you see, i am as real as I could be, miss. Though I'm...situated in what you could call quite a predicament, I suppose."

He dropped his hand again and walked deeper into the reflection of the living room, where he opened an old cupboard that had remained here for a very long time.
Oddly enough, the actual cupboard opened too, and when he gently shoved an old book out of it, it fell out of the actual one as well.
"It wrenches my heart to treat my favorite book like that, but it's hard to control objects this way, and very limited. But you should give this one book a chance. Dracula. There is also Frankenstein, Romeo and Juliet, Gulliver's travels and Les miserable in there."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back