• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Closed]

I think I'd like Rhoswen and Shalim to have one more dance before Ali tries to take her ring. I have plans, but it'll happen soon.

In case you guys don't remember, Alana, Hyde, Gemma, Leif, and the Prince have made it to Agrabah and are now at the village dance. Ali, Halil, and Qadira are all committing theft, and Rhoswen and Shalim are drinking. I'd posted last with Rhoswen for the Rhoswen-Shalim part, and Kechan, you can do something with Ali. In the situation below, Shalim laughed when Rhoswen coughed after taking a shot. vvv

"Don't make fun of me. We have different pastimes," Rhoswen replied, dropping her hand and wetting her lips. "Never was one of mine drinking."

(Ah, is Meredith still stuck with Halil? I'm pretty sure she was looking for Alana and Hyde. I guess I'll make her find them then?)

(Sure. I think she was still talking to Halil, but if you clarify that he walked away from Meredith or she walked away from him, it would run together like we'd never paused the RP.)

(Sounds good. By the way, it's exam season for me so I won't really be able to rp a lot. I have two more weeks and then summer vacation :3)

Shalim nodded more seriously, but still he knew that he would hold close that memory of her, practically choking on the strong liquor. "What was your favorite past-time?" he asked candidly, "Besides killing people, I mean."

(I'm taking exams, too, when I get back to school from Spring Break the Monday after the coming. Then a few weeks and summer!)

"Must you take my favorite thing out?" Rhoswen teased as the liquor lightened her mood further, and then she hesitated, anxiously rubbing the pad of her thumb over her bottom lip. "I enjoy drawing. Nothing colorful, of course, but it's always been relaxing for me to do."

(Alright, sounds good! I probably won't be busy x3) Meredith was surprised that she had missed the red hair of Alana in the crowd, relief flooding her as she spotted Hyde next to her. Thank goodness, speaking to strangers are absolutely terrifying in it's own way, especially when she can't understand his language! "I've found my northerner friends! I must go meet them...!" She exclaimed to Halil, before bidding him a quick good night and a thanks for his company. She tried to be polite in her leaving, and waved him good bye as she walked towards Alana and Hyde.

"Figures," Muttered Shalim, smiling into his second shot. He liked her even more when she was like this, vulnerable. The next song started up, and Shalim began subconsciously tapping his foot along with the music as he spoke. She could probably illustrate a book, he thought, how about 101 ways to decapitate? He grinned at the thought, but didn't bother to tease her. The last thing he wanted was for this creature to turn on him. "A most noble hobby, my dear Rhoswen," he commented, lifting his glass to her and drinking down the contents.
The celebration at the palace couldn't have been more magical, but when Zatara was pulled away for an urgent matter, Olivia found herself more-or-less alone in a sea of strangers, most of whom couldn't understand her. She'd always wondered what it would be like to be royalty, and even though she was just a common girl in a pretty dress; so far it only seemed lonely. If she decided to stay, could she ever become a Queen worthy of Zatara's kingdom?

"I want to go back to my room." She told one of her attendants, who was just knowledgable enough in the northern tongue to understand.

The woman led her back to Zatara's room, of course, and Olivia sighed. With her servant's help, she undid the elaborate head covering, and neatly placed everything on the table beside the mirror. All of the ornaments and jewels she discarded, folding them into the cloth. Finally, some freedom. The servant left her to her own devices, and Olivia flopped onto the bed. "I don't know if I can do this." She whispered to the pillows.
Zatara's heart pounded in time with his brisk pace. A murder?! he kept thinking, trying to wrap his head around the act. "We have the man in custody, Majesty," his captain was saying, "But it took quite a few of us to detain him. Four of my men are severely injured, and the girl, Shiiba, well, she's beyond saving. She died minutes after the encounter."

"When can I speak with him?" Asked Zatara, feeling the weight of the tragedy. The Captain shook his head, "He is too unstable now, but no man can withstand the pit for long."

The two men smelled the stench of blood before they even reached the kitchen. Zatara's gut tightened, but he had to see the damage. At the very least, the body was intact. None of her limbs had been severed, but there were several long, gaping slashes on her, and she'd bled out quiet a bit. It had been one of those painful, choking deaths, poor thing. He felt the tears swell in his eyes but he held them back. "Captain.. Does she have any family?" He asked, dreading the answer. He didn't know what was worse, hoping that she didn't have anyone so that he could deal with things quietly, or hoping that she did, so that there'd be someone to remember her.

"Yes sir," The man replied, "A mother and a little sister." Zatara's heart ached for them. He could only do so much for them, and he felt terrible. "Give the girl a proper burial, but I don't want it too public. And give her family money for a year. I'll write a letter, too." "Yes sir." The Captain said, and he started to leave, but Zatara raised a hand to stop him. "Sir?" Questioned the man, and Zatara took a moment to gather his thoughts.

"The killer... prepare the block. After this is all settled, I want him dead." Zatara commanded. "That might be a delicate matter, sir," the captain said, hesitating, "He's an exterminator from Albion, sir, killing him might mean war." "I've already been speaking with the Ceruleans, and their leader will be visiting any day now for the discussion of an alliance. Depending on how things go, his blood on my sandstone won't matter."

Hyde glanced over to see the familiar face of Meredith and smiled as she approached. "Nice to see you again, Meredith," he greeted her. Alana didn't say anything at all, only watched the new girl come over with disinterest in her gaze.
Rhoswen scoffed. "Noble," she repeated with some disdain to her voice. Then she grinned. "How about we dance once more?" Rhoswen suggested, hearing the music pick up again. "It was quite fun the last time." She glanced back at the already gathering crowd as they paired together and started moving to the upbeat tune.
Leif, deciding to stay with the Prince and his forces rather than go to some trivial dance, had an intuitive feeling that there was something off once they got closer to the Sultan's palace. He turned to the Prince, who was discussing something with one of his men. "If you'd humor me, sir, and meet the Sultan as soon as possible, I'd greatly appreciate it." Leif did his best to let the concern he was feeling show in his expression. He knew, somehow, that if the Prince waited too long to speak to the Sultan, they were all likely to die. When, he had no idea, but there would be none spared.

Shalim smiled at his deadly charge. "As you wish," he agreed wholeheartedly, leading the white-haired assassin back out into the square for the next dance. It was a more fast-paced dance than the last one, but Shalim, being the talented dancer he was, led her through it gracefully, covering up any of her inexperienced mistakes with flourishes or aid whenever she needed it with slight wisps of his wind power.

Zatara had much on his mind, but he could feel the weight of it now, while writing the letter to Shiiba's family at his desk. When he'd entered, Olivia had been asleep, presumably exhausted from the day's activities and the party. He'd truly regretted leaving her alone, but he wasn't going to expose her to the bloody side of his job, if he could help it.

Zatara dripped a bit of candle onto the folded edge of the letter to close it, pressing his official seal into the hot wax and letting it harden. The contents of this paper alone weighed more to him than a broadsword. Still, he picked it up, placing it into his coat pocket. That man would die, not only for Shiiba's sake, but for Olivia's, too. He would not soon forget the way the man had terrorized her.

There was a soft knock on the door, and Zatara answered it to a messenger. "Prince Casper has arrived, magnanimous Sultan," the man whispered. Zatara's heart lightened a bit. "Good, have his party settle in the guest rooms, and if his highness isn't too tired, I'd like to meet with him," he said, and then he gave the man the letter he'd just written.

Prince Casper and his company had just passed into the palace grounds when the young man had spoken, and the outlawed sovereign saw the concern in Leif's eyes, and heard it in his words. "I have every intention to," he replied, his face steeled in uncompromising seriousness. He stared ahead of them for a moment and then asked, "Would you like to be present for the meeting?"

(Waiting on Birds...)

Last edited:
As the song went on, the small bit of alcohol Rhoswen had ingested continued making her happier and less observatory. At the end of the dance, Rhoswen grinned and kissed Shalim on the lips for a full second before stepping back. "This was much more fun than I thought it'd be," she said before pushing a few escaped strands of her hair back into the hood of her cowl. (Kechan, feel free to have Ali steal Rhoswen's ring now.)
"If you'll have me," Leif replied, looking back up at the palace. He pondered what this place could hide that was so offsetting. It was a beautiful land, but looks don't mean everything. Leif could only hope that with the combined forces of Prince Casper and the Sultan, facing King Ferdinand wouldn't mean the end of them all.

(Alrighty. But to be completely honest, how does one steal a ring? It would be pretty hard...?)
(Also sorry for being inactive, I guess that was a lie about not being busy, but I'm gonna find some time ahhh)
Ali had been observing the dancing couple, Shalim and Rhoswen for a while, keeping his amusement of Rhoswen's weakness to alcohol to himself. Ali had a difficult time putting a finger on what he exactly wanted, but...falling so quickly in the tournament? It sparked a deep feeling of remorse. He was never one to become jealous, or particularly a sore loser, but in the moment, as he saw Rhoswen continue to grow carefree, it was the only right thing to do. The shiny silver ring on her slender fingers. A hard task to accomplish, but as long as her partner wouldn't notice, completely possible. Perhaps though he would need a distractment. Before the quick paced dance was over, he was scouring the crowd for either of his friends, and spotted Halil sipping his mead, perhaps a little sourly because his redheaded girl had left him. Approaching him quickly, he relayed to him what he wanted to do, and finally pointed at the two dancing across the floor. "And it's up to you to go talk to them or whatever. I just need the man to be looking somewhere elsewhere. He isn't quite as intoxicated as the other." He said purposefully, as if the ring was worth more then it was. He patted him reassuringly, and before anything could be said, he slid off into the crowd.

Halil watched Ali walk away before he actually sighed and downed the rest of his mead. He moved over to the pair and tugged at Shalim's sleeve, speaking in his own tongue with the thickest accent he could pull off. What with Shalim's northern features, Halil hoped that he'd become confused and nervous being confronted by an Arab speaking a different language. Without his normal apparel, Shalim was unrecognizable as a winner of Agrabah's yearly tournament.

Rhoswen was a very fast learner. Shalim was very proud of his student as they danced, and at the end of it, he sighed contentedly. She was more than content, he realized, when the little assassin kissed him. Shalim was surprised that such a small gesture turned a good night into a memorable one. Nothing could stop him from pursuing her, now, even if she was a little tipsy. He pulled her closer.

Shalim was about to go in for another kiss, but someone tugged on his sleeve. Annoyed, the archer turned and stared down at a boy. "What do you want, kid? Can't you see I'm busy?"
The Prince nodded once more to Leif. He dismounted, letting a stable hand take his horse. A man and a few subordinates approached him, and in broken English, he bid them welcome. "Prince Casper, Sultan sees now you, if you not sleepy." The Prince gestured to Leif. "Thank you. This man will be attending the meeting as well. Tell the Sultan that we will meet with him at his earliest convenience." He said this slowly, so that the servant would have time to digest each word, and the man nodded enthusiastically. "This way, Prince, this way."

The meeting room was small, but it was adequate for their purposes. The decor was hastily put together, but these palace staff were no novices to spontaneous meetings. There was a square table in the middle of the room, it was wooden and sat low to the ground, with four pillows to kneel on, one at each edge. The Sultan hadn't arrived yet, but a servant girl was already silently pouring two cups of tea for the foreigners. The Prince offered an impressed glance towards Leif. The boy might not know it, but usually, one would have to wait days, maybe weeks, before getting an audience with a ruler. For negotiations' sake, it was usually good not to meet with the other party immediately, but because of his haste, this Sultan truly realized how dire the situation was.
Zatara figured that the Prince wouldn't want to meet with him tonight. Still, there was a chance. He'd need to stay up just a little longer to make sure. He crept by the bed and sat down on the edge, leaning his back against the mass of rich pillows to watch over Olivia. She deserved the life he could give her. The thought of her leaving to go back and live in the forests... it hurt. But it puzzled him, the way she was unsure. Was this life of riches not enough for her? Did she have better prospects elsewhere?

A knock sounded at the door and he sighed. That would mean the Prince would meet with him. He pressed a light kiss on Olivia's forehead, and then stood up to leave, but a soft hand on his stopped him. "Zatara... Where are you going?" Her sweet voice asked, and Zatara looked down at her sleepy figure. She looked so lovely in firelight, her blonde hair spread around her like a halo. "Your friends have arrived. I'm going to meet the Prince, now."

"At this hour?" She complained, and he nodded, "This is something that can't wait. Stay here, alright? Get some rest." Immediately, Olivia sat up, pushing away the soft fur coverlets. Zatara stood to let her up. "What do you think you're doing?" He asked, frowning at her. Did she think that she could meddle in his work now, too? Northern women were strange.

"I'm coming along, of course," Olivia replied, finding her shoes where she'd left them on the floor. She pulled them on and stood, and even though she was a good deal shorter than him, Zatara felt that her stare was intense enough to force a lion to bow down to her will. "Look, Zatara," She said, "If this is ever going to work between us, I have to get all of you, not just the part of you that you give me freely. That includes being a part of your job. I want to make your burden lighter, but you have to share it. I'll go crazy living like this, abandoned every time that you have important things to do." Zatara cast his eyes towards the ceiling, his heart tearing between what he thought a king should be and the compelling nature of this sweet creature.

"Fine," He gave in, smiling softly, "You can come. But we need to hurry."

"Sir, I don't mean to bother you, but I was wondering where you're from. You are dark like me, but your hair and features are strange. An unknown land? A product of the magic that my people gossip about?" Halil said, going with whatever first popped into his head. He put on his most childishly curious expression, knowing that at his height he couldn't appear even 15, a year younger than he actually was. Perhaps this man would humor him, giving Ali an opening to do whatever it was he was planning.

Rhoswen grew frustrated, seeing as Shalim was so polite as to pay attention to the boy that came along to pester the pair. She stepped away from Shalim, brows lowered as she glared at the young Arab. All that dancing suddenly seemed to have drained her. She pressed two fingers against her temple as a headache took up a place between her eyes. Shalim wasn't likely to be welcomed back into her arms again this night, but she would wait for him to finish speaking to the boy. She knew that she wasn't thinking the most clearly, so Rhoswen was certain it wouldn't be wise to storm off without him, anyways.

Leif was in see as he looked over the lavish decorations. Perhaps it wasn't the best decision to accompany the Prince, for now he might be too starstruck by the Sultan and his openings to aid Casper. Or even sound half as smart as he normally did. Leif shook his head and watched as one of the servants gestured for them to take their places around the table, and Leif stiffly did so. This place was mighty strange.

With Shalim's attention turned towards Halil, and Rhoswen just a couple of steps away from him, Ali crept under a long buffet tablet, stopping just a couple of feet away from her on his hands and knees. C'mon! Come closer! He screamed mentally, not wanting to come out into the open, but leaving no choice as a small distance still remained between them. With practiced prowess, he crawled and watched her left hand like a hawk, sitting up on his haunches after he crawled behind her. It was a odd scene to see from afar, but fortunately the dance picked up again and the clothed tables were in the way of the majority of the crowd from where he was. It was just the matter of working the ring off... He began to tug gently on one side of the ring with his finger, then gently tugged on the other side. He took care as to not touch her, and repeated the delicate tugging, until her fingers twiched a couple of times, giving him a pause in his work, and also a slight reconsideration as he realized he was facing a trained fighter, drunk or not her incredibly honed senses still functioning. Breathing even more shallowly, he continued tugging along the ring until it pulled over the bump in her finger, and with a quick motion he pulled the silver ring the rest of the way, and tucked it into his hand. Before breathing out in relief, he crawled under the table, and glanced at his prize in his hand. A wedding ring, not worth the effort for the small amount of coin he would recieve for it. It hadn't registered until now, but hadn't she just been kissing Shalim? He slanted his eyes, but crawled from under the table when he was sure no one was looking, and with a hurried manner, slipped into the crowd, giving a silent thanks and apology to Halil.

Halil watched Ali duck into the crowd and smiled at Shalim. "Nevermind, sir. I realize now that I was intruding. Please excuse me," he said in one breath before darting off. He inhaled deeply and rubbed his face. I need another drink, he thought. That man is going to despise the sight of my face from now on.

Rhoswen felt a sudden lightness of her hand, insubstantial as it was. She lifted both hands in front of her face, trying to figure out what the strange sensation was. It took her but a second, but within that second Rhoswen had stopped breathing and her face paled. "It's gone..."

The outlawed Prince sat waiting for them with a young man Zatara might have thought was the man's attendant. "Welcome, Prince Casper. It's a shame that we cannot meet at a more cheerful occasion, but I am glad that you have navigated my sands successfully," Zatara began, his black eyes scanning his visitors critically. He glanced at Olivia, who couldn't help one of her bright smiles. "You know my Olivia," He introduced, "I understand that she used to be one of your healers." He'd put a slight emphasis on used to be. The Prince frowned at the implication, but Zatara's black eyes never wavered. Within that one look, he knew that the Prince understood that it would be in his best interest not to try and persuade the talented girl to come back.

"Thank you for meeting with us so quickly," the Prince replied evenly, folding his hands on top of the wooden table. Zatara chose the seat across from the Prince, leaving the one across from the attendant for Olivia. Zatara nodded once in acknowledgement of the other Prince's thanks. "Tell me, what is the situation in your forests?"
Shalim watched the boy scurry away, and then turned back to Rhoswen. The assassin's face was tinged slightly pink from her drink. His hands were still on her waist, but she raised hers in front of her face, a confused look overcoming her.

"It's gone.." She observed, breathless. Whatever it was, it was very important to her. Or was this just the drink talking? Shalim took her ring hand in one of his, rubbing the back of it with his calloused thumb. "What's gone?" He asked, frowning.

"My ring. It couldn't have fallen off!" Rhoswen's voice became panicked, and she pulled away from Shalim, looking around frantically. She shoved dancers out of the way, on the verge of tears. Rhoswen stopped at the edge of the crowd, features pinched. "I shouldn't have drank! An assassin must always be alert, and I failed my predecessors! I failed my--" she broke off with a shrill shout that drew attention. People began to back away from Rhoswen as she reached up and pressed hard at her temples, causing her cowl's hood to slip and reveal her white hair. This drew the eyes of the surrounding men, but before one could confront her, Rhoswen recalled the boy who had drawn hers and Shalim's attentions. She spun in the direction he'd run and began in that direction, the crowd moving to accommodate her.
...​
Leif studied Olivia unabashedly. He wondered what was so great here that she would choose to stay. And why she looked so happy with the decision. Leif looked to Prince Casper, awaiting either a response of his own, or a small gesture that meant Leif should explain. Leif knew he wasn't a real attendant, but Casper seemed weary of his most recent help.
...​
Halil heard exclamations behind him and glanced back, expecting there to have been a fire during the village dance or something equally awful, but all he saw was a white-haired woman breaking from the crowd these meters away. He stopped for a moment, startled and unsure of what to do. The woman reached under her long skirt and pulled a dagger from a sheath attached to her shin. She then drew three slits up the front and sides of the dress. The woman lifting her gaze to meet Halil's and he felt himself flinch at the fury he saw. He began to run faster than he ever had before. What did Ali do?!

Last edited:
"You know very well the thirst for blood that grows within the Aurorans, Sultan," Began the Prince, "Already, Ferdinand has begun his plans to destroy those who possess the gift outside of his boundaries. He could go far with his exterminators, even this far south. This, as you well know, would disintegrate the very balance of our world, and unfortunately, Ferdinand has moved far faster than we've anticipated. My men and I have been planning a rebellion for some time now, and we were hoping that you might join us to squelch this evil."

"You need manpower," Predicted Zatara, narrowing his coal-black eyes at the Prince. Surely, the Prince didn't know about the most recent murder. He side-glanced at Olivia. He couldn't tell her. She couldn't find out about the dead servant here.

The Prince grinned grimly, "I do. And a patron. Ferdinand is at this very moment filthying my throne and murdering my people."

"What will my people receive for their aid?" Zatara asked, frowning slightly. This war would be costly, especially if the exterminators all fought like the one wallowing in his dungeons.

The Prince took a sip of his tea, contemplating the flavor. "Forest land, positive trade relations, and you won't have to fight the Arulens alone when they finally come after you. I can't pay you, I'll need everything I can get to rebuild my kingdom's economy, but I'm sure that we could negotiate."

Zarata shook his head, about to decline, but he glanced at Olivia, who was giving him the largest puppy eyes he'd ever seen. There was skepticism in them, too. This was a test. Would she ever forgive him if he said no? Zatara sighed, "Any arms you receive from my men will be voluntary. I will not force my people into a war they do not wish to fight, but at the very least, my champions will be at your disposal. They are all masters in each of their fields, and they are the best of the best." Zatara glanced again at Olivia, and relaxed a bit when she seemed satisfied with his answer.
Shalim pushed his way to follow his snow-haired date, immediately glancing around at the surrounding crowd. Rhoswen's white hair drew so much unwanted attention. Still, he followed her. Whatever the street rat had stolen from her was extremely important to her, and Shalim wasn't about to abandon her, even though a search like this in the middle of the night for a trinket wasn't the smartest idea, especially when she was a pretty female with light hair.

His light-haired warrior princess drew a long knife, slicing the skirt of her dress, and then began running away from the square, with Shalim following closely behind. He said nothing, even though he thought that she was crazy. The boy they were running after looked terrified. Yes, he'd taken something. Whatever it was, surely it wasn't worth his life, was it?

"This has all become rather droll," Leif said with a mocking lilt to his voice. "This talk of politics won't have much to lead to now that this lovely woman at your side, Sultan, has convinced you to aid us with just one doe-eyed look." He was having one of his bouts of total disregard for his own being, speaking to both the Prince and Zatara as if he'd the power to do so.

He turned to the Sultan. "Your people must know how Ferdinand's fixation stretches even this far south, yes? I'm sure you've had more than a few exterminators wander here, either by his orders or their own will.

"In the short time I've been here, I have noticed the villagers' lack of worry for anything in their own society. Their Sultan will protect them... At least, until Ferdinand has destroyed any chance allies the Sultan could team with. Then Ferdinand's eyes will set on your own land, and you'll fight so very hard, but in the end you will lose." Leif leaned back, testing his next words in his head.

"The champions you speak of are admired by the men and women you oversee. You show special interest to said champions, and so your people think them special as well. They would follow these champions nearly as readily as they would follow you. If your champions were sent out to do work for the Prince, then your men would likely feel compelled to do the same."

Leif then turned to Prince Casper with a thoughtful look. "We have these champions on our side. If there perchance is a woman among them, we can use that. In Ferdinand's villages, a woman is scorned, overlooked. A female champion must have both physical and mental capabilities exceeding that of the majority for her to defeat a man who has strength surpassing her own.

"A capable woman such as she could most definitely find her way into the palace and earn key information with just a few words or a coy touch. Ferdinand himself has a weakness for pretty women, just as his subjects do." Leif paused and there was silence for a heartbeat. In that brief moment, he recalled how he was not an actual part of this conversation. He seemed almost to draw into himself, preparing for the consequences of his outburst.
...​
Halil's heart was pounding when he made it to the cover of the familiar alleyways. He made as many sharp turns as he could without stepping into a dead end. His street urchin upbringing gave him the edge here to get away, but the white-haired woman was nearly on his heels. Halil made one last turn and abruptly stepped behind clothes hung to dry. This was where he lived with Qadira and Ali, and he knew it was risky to lead the crazed woman here, but he had nowhere else to go. At the very least, Ali could fight her and win. Halil didn't know that Shalim was following the woman, and neither had he realized she was the one to defeat Ali in the tournament.
...​
Rhoswen turned that final corner and froze when she saw that the boy wasn't running anymore. He wasn't even there. She only saw drying clothes strung up on either wall, and they moved slightly with a faint wind. She leaned back against the cool stones and dropped her knife, staring down at the ground. When Shalim came into view, she glanced up at him for but a second before dropping her eyes again. "I apologize. I shouldn't have run off. You must want nothing to do with me now that I'll be faced with trouble every time I go back into town. I doubt one man will forget my face after having seen..." she broke off and lifted a hand to her braided hair.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back