[Closed] Immortal Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lughaidh

LOO-ee
Title: Toys Will Be Toys, part one of the Immortal Eyes Chronicle.
Game: Changeling: the Dreaming, revised (2000)
Player Count: ~3

Description: (taken from the book)
Changelings are caught in a never-never land between Banality and the Dreaming. Remembering their forgotten dreams, piercing the cold-iron curtain of the "real" world and retrieving vestiges of their Glamour-filled heritage is essential to their existence. The exiled children of faerie inhabit a world in which things are not always what they seem, where even the smallest detail can trigger the memory of their true nature. The constant battle between memory and forgetfulness, the struggle to retain one's identity in the face of Banality, is the central theme of this chronicle.

The mood combines the whimsical nature of childlike wonder with the profound sadness for things gone beyond recall. Think of what it was like to be a child, when the world was full of wonderful and frightening things. Laughter and tears came easily, and both dreams and nightmares seemed real. Then remember the process of disillusionment that marked the passage into maturity. Although growing up is inevitable, we still long for those days when anything was possible and effects did not necessarily have a to have a cause.

For changelings, that bittersweet memory of a world beyond is ever-present. The ecstasy that comes with suddenly remembering their faerie nature is all more intense because along with it comes the realization that the "real" world will soon intrude, Banality will eventually overcome Glamour, and dreams will fade into mundane existence.

Character Creation: Will be done cooperatively on Discord.

Other: This is an older game system, and one that many will not be intimately familiar with. I myself am very rusty on White Wolf's Storyteller System. Also, I've never played or ran Changeling. Though I played several of their other games in the *cough* early 2000s *cough*. As such, this will be a slow process with everyone learning together. If you apply, be prepared to learn and for us all to make mistakes. It will be helpful to obtain a copy of the core book, Changeling: the Dreaming, revised (2000).

I won't be selecting on a first-come basis. So don't worry if you already see an amount of people respond equal to the player count. My selection process is partially random, but I also take into account other factors.

As a DM (Storyteller?) I try to be active throughout the workweek mostly. The weekends are variable, I may be very active or not at all. I also try my best to keep things moving. Expect frequent pings to gauge what the players would like to do. That being said, life happens and it is understandable when folks can't post. Just let me know.

I've been interested in branching out from 5e and d20 systems for a while now and after reading up on Changeling, it seems super interesting. I'd be very excited to join if you'd have me (although not as much as Rob since that's literally impossible).

I know nothing about any of this. However... Rob has told me that I need to put my name on here under threat of sheep invasion. You know me lugh, I make things weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back