• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Closed Forbidden Romance

EccentricFantasy

The mind is a fearsome thing, don't tread on it.
do-or-die do-or-die

The morning sun was high in the sky. The border of the human realm was clear. There was a long line of mountains that separated the humans from the magical lands. One side of the mountains was cold and dead looking with no magic anywhere. The elf side of the border was magical. Colors and magic creatures everywhere. The forest was thick. The human side had forests, but they cut them all down for wood. It was sad. Humans were so self involved that they failed to see the magic that dwelled and that they should be blessed to live in such world. Humans didn't see that. All they saw is what they didn't have and what they could have. So, the Moonshadow and Sunfire Elves separated them and now they guarded the border to make sure the humans could not spread their hatred and sickness anywhere but the barren northern lands.

It was almost noon, and the guard of Sunfire elves was changing. They always had their strongest warriors on at the times when their power would be greatest. The current guards climbed on dragons who offered their assistance to get the elves back and forth. The border would be open for a minute or less. The sun continued to rise and soon no one would be able to stand against the Sunfire elf guards. All of them carried weapons that humans would have no access to. Their swords burned with the same heat as the fires that made them, so human armor and shields were worthless against them. Not to mention their bodies were capable of entering the 'Heated State.' The veins of a Sunfire elf would burn like fire through their skin and their eyes turn to look like the sun. In this state they are stronger, faster and more powerful than they already were.

Arostire was riding on the back of his dragon. He was sitting cross legged as he flew on the back of the dragon. He had his chin laid on his hand and his elbow on his knee. He knew the importance of keeping humans at bay. Problem was that humans never attacked at noon. They knew Sunfire elves kept guard at noon. Despite being stupid enough to defy laws of magic, they weren't dumb enough to take on one of his kind at the time they were strongest. It was boring. He sighed, knowing he had to do what was right. He sat there as the dragon streamed across the sunlit sky. He would keep every magical creature from the brutality of human.

That morning Lira knew that today was the day. Within just a few hours her journey would begin to becoming the greatest warrior mankind has ever seen. As she walked through the streets all she could see was stavation and desperation. This was not how people should live. This was a cesspool of ants clinging to life. Almost everyone gave up fighting a long time ago but this wasn’t living. It was barley surviving. What made those creatures so much different? Just because they could use magic they believed that the own the world. Well Lira had a thing or two she wanted to teach them.

Just as the sun reached the highest point in the sky she knew it was the riskiest but the best time to sneak through. Just as the guards were getting ready to change Lira climbed on of the dying trees from her side and waited for the exact moment. She knew that the Sunfire Elves weren’t be expecting someone to cross over. It was a suicide mission so someone would have to be either very brave or stupid. With a deep breath Lira used just the right moment to pass over to a branch on the other ride. Lira wasn’t much of a fan of heights so she was shaking like a leaf but by the grace of the gods she made it. Almost instantly Lira was taken back. Crawling to the base of the tree she was in awe. Never in her life had she seen just a place. The trees were full of life and the small reaches wondered around so free. She was blinded by such beauty that she didn’t see gap in between the branches. She fell through letting out a sharp help of terror. This couldn’t be how she died. Just before she reached the ground Lira realized that she was wrapped tightly in vines. Was it the tree or just dumb luck that saved her?

Arostire's head rose upon hearing the shriek. He was just arriving at the border and knew nothing that screamed like that. No magical creature made that sound and he knew it was no elf. There was only one explanation. A human. A smile crossed his lips. There was nothing he wanted more than a good fight. Since it was noon he assumed there would be no single human trying to With that in mind he put his bow over his shoulder and just rolled off the dragon. Just as he was about to hit the trees he turned and grabbed a vine. He began to swing down, branch by branch with grace and ease. He finally landed on the ground. He looked around and saw nothing, so he needed to walk. His feet turned towards where he heard the scream. As he walked he kept his eyes on everything. The forest was alive and he knew it's language. He followed every word and clue the forest gave him.

After a few minutes of walking he stopped. Shock covered his face. A single human girl. The fact there was a human didn't shock him, they tried every now and again to take land. What shocked him was the vines. The trees were alive and he was surprised to see the trees not stopping her, but they saved her. Why would the forest save a human? It made no sense. Well, since she was now properly held back he stepped forward. If this human was smart she would know there was no chance of beating him at this time of day. He looked at her and gripped the handle of his sword "Make no mistake human, I will kill you if you make my life any harder than it has to be." He began to slowly circle her as to get a good look at her. She had very nice skin. A wonderful mocha color that he found appealing "Tell me your name and why you have come to this side of the border."

Lira was left swinging for a few minutes. She hoped that no one heard her but knew that it was more likely that they did. For a moment she thought about cutting herself down but it would be ashamed to hurt the vibes. After all she heard that the trees here were alive and if this tree really did save her than it would be ruin to just cut it like that. It wasn’t long before she heard steps in the forest. Someone was coming and she had no way of getting loose. She was upside down so the bleed was rushing to her head. There was no way she would able to come out alive is what she thought.

Soon she seen him a Sunfire elves with blazing blonde hair. It almost looked as if it was on fire in the sun. He was more than attractive but she knew that all elves were enticing and would trick her. Lira swallowed hard and took a deep breath before glaring at the elf. She was clearly at a disadvantage here. “My name is Lira Nightingale and I am here take take back land for my people.”, she said with great pride. “And anyone who gets in my way is a dead man.” Needless to say her threat was meaningless in the position she was in right now. Her cheeks face started to pinker from the blood and she swung like a fly in a trap. “Now release me so we can fight like men!”, she yelled swinging herself about. Before she knew it her wish was granted and Lira’s face soon met with the ground below.

Arostire was shocked. The trees listened to her and released her. The trees never listened to a human. They remembered better than anyone else what the humans did all those years ago. He looked at the tree and touched the trunk. He stood there and watched it's branches wave. What was it thinking? Humans were beyond help. They convinced themselves it was okay to kill magical creatures because they were hurt that they weren't given magic. What would this tree save a creature that was so deplorable? A thousand questions ran through his head, but he knew the trees were wiser than him. He sighed and took a horn off his belt. He blew into it three times. The sound echoed for miles. He stood, waiting until three more horns blew in the distance. He gave a nod as his eyes landed on her "Your lucky girl. The trees see something inside you they want to check on." He turned his head and whistled. A few second passed and his dragon landed next to him. The dragon roared as Arostire pet him. He turned him head "Better brace yourself girl."

A smile spread across his face as he reached in a pouch on his dragon. He crabbed some golden rope and threw it at her before she could run. The rope wrapped around her, coiling like a snake. It bound her legs and arms. Her hands were fastened behind her back, the rope gagged her and mad sure her weapon was bound to its sheath. He smiled watching as he got on his dragon. He clicked his teeth twice. The dragon jumped and grabbed her in his talons. After he had her in his claws he took off into the sky. They flew forward in the sun soaked sky. Arostire sitting cross-legged on it's back as he flew to parts unknown to humans. Where was he taking her? Only time would tell.

The moment she made contact with the ground was the moment she thought out her whole plan. Maybe this was a bad idea but she was much to prideful to say that out loud. After a few minutes of being paralyzed by the pain Lira stood up and wiped the blood that trickled down her nose. It wasn't much and nothing seemed to be broken so that was good but she still had an elf in front of so and what was worse was that she made a complete fool out of herself. Doing her best to keep her composer Lira stood tall and proclaimed, "I am the mightiest warrior of the human race and I will no be defeated...", she was interrupted by the loud horn ringing in her ears. How rude was he to not even let her finish talking. Magical beings really were monsters someone should teach them manners. Crossing her arms Lira turned on her heels and tapped her toe in frustration. "Honestly you can't even let my finish talking. I world hard on my speech to! All that time wasted."

Lira felt the ground tremble as the dragon landed behind her. She turned slowly and immediately her heart stopped. Never in her life had she seen a dragon and she was for sure she was going to be eaten whole. Seconds later she was tied up gagged like some animal. As if things couldn't get any worse she felt the sharp talons wrap around her and soon she was in the air. Needless to say she panic as she had a great fear of heights.

Last edited:
Arostire looked down to see the woman panicking. He rolled his eyes. Humans were so sure they were better than everyone else, but the instant they were in a situation that confused or frightened them they turned into sniveling children. He ignored her as they flew through the sky. The forest was larger than life. There seemed to be no end in sight. Through the sky monsters of all shapes and sizes flew with them. It was a whole new world that most humans have never seen or dreamed of. It was truly wonderful. However, the most wonderful thing was just ahead. In front of them were four trees. There trees were 10 times taller and thicker that all the other trees. There was a circular clearing around them and elves were in the trees and in homemade markets in-between the four great trees. Dragons rested in the branches of the trees and there was a river flowing between the center of the clearing. A few small trees dotted the clearing and it was clear all the trees, including the four massive ones were being used as homes.

Arostire landed on a stone monument that looked like an open altar. The dragon let them both off before it flew to one of the trees. He put her on her knees as elves and dragons came closer. There were only Moonshadow and Sunfire elves since the humans wiped out the other races. They all looked angrily as Arostire untied her. One older woman walked up. She was a Moonshadow elf and clearly one of the elders. She pointed at him "Arostire, Head Warrior, why do you untie this demon who's race defiled nature?!"

"Because she won't run. Even a human knows that being alone here means she can't escape." He finished untying her and turned to his people "This human claimed to be here from her lands to take ours for her kind. She is a bumbling child and thinks she understands the world. She deserves to lose her head." He drew his blade. The metal was as hot as the fire that forged it. He could take off her head and cauterize it too. He swung down and was clearly aiming to hill her. However, just as his blade was going to take her head, it was stopped. The crowd gasped as three massive tree roots sprung from the ground and stopped the blade. The crowd whispered as Arostire sheathed his blade.

The older Moonshadow elf was joined by two other. An older Sunfire Elf male and a large and clearly old dragon woman. They were the three elders of the magical land. They all three study the human girl After a while they appear to pray to the skies and speak in unison "Great and wise forest, heed our calls. Tell us why you protect the human girl." The earth begins to shake and then stop. Slowly vines twist up both Arostire and Lira. Everyone watches closely. The vines curl around them and force their arms to point towards each other. The tendrils of plant grow out and eventually tie together. As the vines thicken a beautiful red flower bloomed on the vines connecting them. Soon it all stopped and the crowd was partly outraged and partly shocked. They were now covered in vines with their arms stretched towards each other. In the center of the plant tendrils that connected their outstretched arms was a beautiful red flower shaped like a heart. Arostire looked at her in complete disbelief. The elders and the crowd bowed their head as the elder Sunfire elf male spoke "The trees show up the Pure Heart Flower. Fate binds these two in love and they will change the entire world with their passion."

Arostire turns to the elders as the plants fall away "You cannot be serious?! Her kind has no respect for the magic of the world and kills creatures to make the Sickness, then have the nerve to call it a 'Superior Magic for a Superior Race'. How can I be bound to her by love?"

The elders look at him and the dragon woman speaks "You two may not want to accept it, but you two will grow to love one another. She will stay here till she learns what life is about."

He sneers and glances back at her "I could never learn to love a creature who walks around, blissfully ignorant as a child."

Quickly Lira’s squirming turned to trembles as she realized that there was nothing she could do in the situation. As of right now she was a worm trapped in the bird’s beak. She wasn’t going to be killed that much she knew because if this elf wanted to kill her she would be dead. His eyes held so much hatred for her and she knew the feeling well. Lira hated their kind more than anything. She swore that she would get her revenge for what they did and become the greatest warrior that anyone ever heard of.

The moment she was dropped on her knees Lira was stunned. Here they were, this was what they looked like. It was so bright and enchanting here. Everything was full of color and spend lot but this didn’t comfort the girl. She only felt her rage boiling inside. They could live in such a magnificent place while her people starved in the cold dark. How was that far at all? When the Sunfire elf lifted his blade to cut her down Lira grind her teeth but before she could even move tree roots protected her. Even the trees here care for the human’s life. Soon she was watching elder elf speak together like some kind of a cult. “Wait just a...”, Lira was interrupted by roots and branches twisting her towards the the in named Arostire and a brilliant crimson flower that bloomed between them.

This was more than confusing and after she heard the explanation she couldn’t help but chuckle. Chuckles turned into full blow laughter. “I’d rather die than to fall in love with one of your kind.”, she yelled pulling out her blade and pointed it towards the elders. “You all talk about us being selfish yet you expect me to fall head over heels for some pretty boy with a bad temper. You have no idea what it’s like to leave on my side. People suffer because of you even the innocent. I swear I will free my people or die trying! So if you want to keep me around until I kill every last one of you be my guest.” Even as Lira spoke she knew that right now she was helpless and fighting was futile. She sheathed her blade and glared at Arostire. “You should have killed me when you had the chance you worthless fire cracker.”

Arostire smiled upon hearing her claims. He took his bow off and handed it to an elf woman. He began to strip off all his armor and weapons "Your kind slaughtered millions of elves, dragons and magic creatures to use them for that sick defilement of nature you call magic. You selfishly tried to commit genocide because you were jealous of magic that everyone else possessed, so you all pouted and threw a tantrum like infants." By the time he was done he had stripped down to just his bottom set of clothes. His abs were perfect and his skin was just slightly hinted gold. He turned and looked at her with a glare. Everyone backed up. He was clearly respected, but why?

He circled the stone monument she was on and looked at her. As he spoke he was getting angrier and the anger in his voice was clear "Your a pathetic race who wanted more. You could have had a life with us, but instead your people killed magical beings to use that sick, twisted either you call magic." The veins in his skin glowed and looked like lava as his voice got louder and more graveled "Your people are suffering?! You killed millions of elves. Children! Woman! Brothers! Sisters! Then you cut up their bodies on the battlefield in front of their families! Just to use your sick 'magic' to kill the rest!" His hair rose and flailed violently as heat radiated off him. Anyone who had seen a Sunfire Elf use this ability had never seen it go beyond the veins glowing. It was clear he was stronger than most of his people. He continued to circle her as his voice began to crack and become more demonic "Your selfish, horrid and terrible creatures! Even when you killed two whole elf races you tried to come for us! Then, when your beaten back and treated like monsters, you come here and complain about how your people got the worse end of the deal?!"

He stopped in front of her. He stared at her as heat radiated off of him. His veins looked like heated lava in his skin and his eyes had turned into burning orbs like the sun. He looked right at her "I see you for the hypocritical worms you are and you have the audacity to come here and play the victim." He laughs and opens his arms to her, smirking "Come on then. Your so right and just? Your the strongest of your kind, then it should bee fine to kill me, right!?" He stomped his foot and the earth shook. The amount of sun magic flowing through him was immense. The elves backs up more as the shaking earth shattered beneath his foot. He was unarmed, no armor and still, no human, no matter how many there were, could touch him. His existence was proof enough that her thought that humans were best, was wrong. He waited, seeing if she would attack or not, the power still flowing and heat still radiating.

With every word that spilled from his mouth burned like poison. Lira only felt her blood boiling and her body trembling in rage. She could clearly see how powerful Arostire was without a doubt. His body looked as if it was sculpted by god. Everyone around them spread out as if in fear of what was going to happen next. When the earth trembled Lira felt it again. The fear of being helpless knowing that defeat was near. Taking a deep breath and closed her eyes. She remembered her father’s words, “Being brave didn’t mean you weren’t afraid. It means you have the strength to over come it.”

When she opened her eyes she looked up int Arostire’s own and balled up her fist. She knew very well what humans were capable of. “That’s what makes us so different. We humans aren’t born as smart as you all are or as powerful. We’re greedy by nature. Some want richest and power while others want peace.”, as she spiked Lira laid down her sword before raising her own fist. “Every human is different so don’t group us all in one category! I will not apologize for being what I am! I will use my life to protect the innocent and the weak!”, she proclaimed.

With swift movement Lira three a punch directly at Arostire face but stop just millimeters from it. Soon she put on a smile and said, “I’m also not an idiot. If I were to fight you here and let’s say I meet you all the other ones would skin me alive.” Lira stood straight up before turning her back to the night elf warrior. “So tell me who’s the one really throwing a tantrum I mean I just spoke my mind while you just had to make the earth shake to assort your dominance. Maybe you’re just compensating for something else but trust me when I say you don’t scare me in the lease Astro.”, she said purposely saying his name wrong.

Arostire looked at her, the fact that a human could be so cocky was no shock to him. He lowered his arms and looked at her "Your just the same. Why should you be greedy? You were born with the capability of change and mental growth. You have it wrong, humans are smarter than elves, but your too easily corrupted." He didn't seem fazed by a single thing she said. Rather it seemed like he was so set in his thoughts that nothing she said was anything he didn't know. He turned around as his power faded till he was normal again "We wanted to help the innocent, but your kind is too easily tempted." He glanced back at her and smirked "Also, you would have no chance against me. A human never could beat a Sunfire elf."

Once he had finished he began to put his armor and weapons back on. Every move he made only furthered how well his body was made. After a few seconds he was fully dressed again. He looked back at her "Your the best human I have ever met. The problem is that your corrupted without even knowing it."

He was about to leave, but suddenly he stopped. From multiple angles arrows flew at her. He growled as he drew his sword and it split into two separate blades. Each still the heat of when they were forged. He moved to her and began to swing his swords around her. His blades never even grazing her as he cut down all the arrows. No arrow got close to her as he moved around her to cut all the arrows down. When the arrows stopped he cut down the final ones and ended up looking into her eyes. His eyes were so golden. his face only inches from hers. His warm breath tickled against her skin. He knew she would wonder why he saved her. He sheathed his swords after putting them back together. The elves her fired at her were captured and he kept his eyes on her "Human or not, I refuse to let anyone die who has not done anything worth dying for." He turned and began to walk off.

One of the elders stepped next to her. The Moonshadow elf woman looked to the human girl and smiled "Lira, is it? You should follow him. You may discover why he holds such anger towards your kind." All the elves scattered, going towards their normal life as Arostire walks off.

Lira found her eyes wondered over to Arostire while he put on his armor and such. When she realized she quickly turned away. She knew how appealing elf looked and knew that it was just a ploy to trick her. “I could say the same about you oh great warrior.”, she taunted. Just then she was attacked with arrows. Before she could even dodge them Arostire cut every last one down. When she looked up Lira was staring directly into his pure golden eyes. He was so close that she could feel the heat radiating from his body.

Shocked Lira wobbled backwards almost falling over. What kind of game was he playing at here? Well what ever it was Lira wasn’t falling for it. When the elf suggested that she follow Arostire she gave a groan but by the looks of everyone else it was her only option. She was sure that there would be another attempt at her head. “I have my own reasons too.”, she muttered as she started to follow behind her ‘savior’.

As they walked it was silent and Lira could only think of one thing. The thought kept appearing in her head till it pulsed. Finally she came to a conclusion and marched in front of Arostire with her arms crossed. “Thank you!”, she grunted. Her father taught her to always be grateful for people when they did something for her and this prick saved her. “Though I didn’t need your help I am...grateful.” The words hurt to say. She felt sick. Her cheeks burnt red as she spoke. “A-Also I fell like I owe you so...what would you like in return of saving me?”, she asked looking everywhere but to the one she was talking to.

Arostire had led them into the woods. He stopped and sighed as she asked what he wanted for saving her. He looked away as well and spoke "Nothing is needed. Human or not, no one deserves to die simply based on their race, don't you agree?" He was clearly making a remark towards her races previous actions. Killing off two elf races and millions of magical creatures to use their sick magic. He sighed and rubbed his head "Honestly, your ancestors did horrible things, but they were used to the magic filled world and became jealous and took everything for granted." He looked at her "You haven't seen the world in the magic, so maybe you can see why we are so set on keeping humans from killing." A sigh escaped his lips. What was he doing? He walked past her and gave a head motion for her to follow. He walked her a little further until they reached a veil of vines. He looked back at her as he opened the vines.

Behind it was a world beyond human understanding. Mountains floated from the ground and waterfalls of crystal water cascaded down into mist. Roots connected small islands to the floating islands and elven huts dotted the landscape. The sun was still high, but the sky looked like the night. Stars and planets filled the sky with rivers of star dust. Plants in colors that seemed to be unreal. Children playing between the huts and fantastic creatures flying from island to island. Below, where the mountains once stood was an ocean of fog. From the fog, sky whales as white as the driven snow could be heard. They would jump up to show off their silken hide in the shimmering sun before falling back in the fog.

Arostire stepped through and walked to the edge of the cliffs that led to the fog oceans of unknown depths. He turned to her, still standing on the edge of the cliff "Your kind would have killed everything here with magic, just to fill some sense of greed. That is why we keep you out. We keep this beauty safe and don't wish to take the risk your people might try to destroy it again." He looks to the sky and holds up his arm. A Hawk of some kind landed on his arm. He stroked its feathers with a smile. A smile of love that melted the heart of most women. He looked at the bird and smiled "Would you risk something killing all things beautiful like this for selfish reasons?"
1551120900619.png

Lira listened to his words and couldn’t believe it, she agreed with him. “Of course I don’t think people should just die. It would be nice to live in a world that’s peaceful but that’s unrealistic.”, she responded. Lira learned early on that peace was a children’s tale and nothing more. It’s what her father and mother would have wanted but there was no such thing as a utopia not for everyone. She followed the elf through the vines. The sight was breath taking it made her eyes water but she quickly blinked them away. These were things that the old men would talk about. How the world use to before they were held back. Lira felt her knees tremble and her heart race. Just imagining what could have been and what will be.

“Beautiful.”, she muttered before stepping forward. Human would have destroyed this? No she didn’t believe it not all of them. “Stop saying humans as if we’re all the same. The people I fight for are not the ones in the past. In those days it was the rich who ruled and poor had to follow. I don’t that.” Lira use to think that the world would be better without magic that it only caused problems but she knew even without it war would start for other reasons. It was their nature after all. “I just want a safe place for the children to grow and not have to do the things they do to survive.” Lira stepped behind Arostire and closed her eyes. “So I guess I’m selfish.” She gave a grand smile to her sworn enemy. “But don’t worry once I have enough land for that I’ll leave you all to enjoy your life. You have my word.”

Lira wasn’t a violent person by any means but she knew that sometimes it was needed. Once she had enough land and declared herself the protected of the future human race everything would be perfect. The pure could run around and admire sights just like this one. They wouldn’t have to worry about food or anything. Just a place where they all could live in peace. “So until I come up with a plan looks like I’m stuck with you. So what are we doing today?”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back