• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [CLOSED] Dragon Age: Exodus

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Ashirana

Ashirana huffed, sagging a little against the wall as she waited. How long had it been? Three hours? Four? She looked up at the sky to try and get a proper look at the sun and judge what time of day it was, only to find that there were stars in the sky rather than a sun. And two moons. She blinked. More like fourteen hours, then. Ashirana began to huff, then realised she'd already done that, and instead settled on a grimace. A particularly grim grimace, she thought. She would've been proud of her grimace, if she weren't her and were watching her-but-not-her out of sight as her-but-not-her-but-actually-her-who-liked-her-but-not-her. Did she think that right?

Wow, the boredom was really getting to her. She needed to stay sharp. Sharp like a blade. Was her blade sharp? Yes, of course it was. She'd sharpened it this morning, and very much doubted it had blunted from being in the sheathe for a day. Besides, she couldn't very well start sharpening it now, she was hiding near the people who were trying to kill her. Or capture her and- yeah, Ashirana, don't go down that route.

"Alright, someone's in the house, lads! They brought friends, so let's kill 'em all," a rough voice said. Ashirana recognised it as belonging to the leader of this little band of hunters.

That was her cue. Or theirs. Hers was a little after. Once they started running around. Well, down the slope to attack whoever it was that Anso had finally got his hands on. Who would've thought it'd take so long? Wasn't Kirkwall full of desperates willing to do anything for some coin? Ashirana frowned, briefly imagining twisting the man's head off. What if somebody got their hands on him? No, that was stupid. Why would they go for him? That was just paranoid. But paranoia was good when you were actually being hunted.

Ah, they were going down the slope now. Ashirana pushed herself off the wall and quietly trailed behind.

++++

By the time she actually got to the battle, it was already almost over. She had to be quick if she wanted to make a cool entrance, like she wanted. She slipped behind the last man left while nobody was looking, tapping into her curses/gifts/other as she went. Tattoos. That's more neutral. And specific. She glowed a little, but she figured that'd just make her look better. She lunged forward, a semi-real hand thrusting through into the man's heart from behind. All it took was a little flip of that mental muscle and she came back in to be wholly 'real'. The man screamed, as his heart and its surrounding... chest... bits... were rapidly replaced with a hand. And a wrist, bit of a forearm. Not relevant, stay on track.

Wait, her stance was wrong for this. She looked awkward. Hoping nobody had looked yet, she shuffled her feet quickly to swap the desperate rush into a poised lunge. She pulled her hand back with a wet, slopping sound. Nasty, but nothing she hadn't seen or heard or felt before.

Nobody said anything, everyone just stared at her. She brightly grinned back at them.

More silence. She waved with her bloody hand, suddenly feeling rather awkward.

Still more silence.

"...Hi!"

Everyone kept staring.

"It's me!" She giggled. "I'm the one who bought yo-hired you. Sorry about the..." She waved her blood-covered hand vaguely. "the people," she finished cheerily, each word more out of place than the last.
A P P R O V A L

full
ETHAN HAWKE - 50
full

full
AEDAN HAWKE - 50
full

full
ABBY HAWKE- 50
full

full
ALAIRE DU LAC- 50
full

full
NAJA VALASTE - 50
full

full
DEZRIDOR VETRIS - 50
full

full
ELENA WOLF - 50
full

full
DRYNNE MAHARIEL - 50
full

full
ARSTEN VAEL - 50
full
Approval Guide

| 0 - Loathing | 1 - 25 Hostile | 26 - 49 Rivals |
| - Neutral 50 - |
| 51 - 75 Warm | 76 - 99 Friendship | 100 - Love |

[/border]

Abby Hawke

Feeling her jaw slowly drop, Abbagail stared in wide-eyed astonishment at the elf before them. She was grinning, bloody, glowing, and obviously crazy. It was not a good, nor safe, combination. Aside from abominations, Abby had never heard of people who could glow. Was this woman at the thrall of some demon, or was this something else?

She hired us? Clearly, she was mistaken. Wasn't it Anso who- Anso you bastard! She found herself cursing Anso in her head for the second time that evening. First the ambush, now this. What exactly had he set them up for? He had seemed off when giving them the job, but he never mentioned anything about an elf. Maybe this was one giant misunderstanding. The thugs who had just attacked them had been looking for an elf, after all. Wrong place, wrong time?

Bringing her teeth together with an embarressingly audible snap, Abby turned to Dezridor. "One of your friends, perhaps?" She asked the dwarf with small hope. Just in case, Abbagail kept her hands ready for action. The elf might have watched their battle, but fireballs could be surprisingly quick.

A P P R O V A L

full
ETHAN HAWKE - 100
full

full
AEDAN HAWKE - 100
full

full
ALAIRE DU LAC- 80
full

full
NAJA VALASTE- 50
full

full
DEZRIDOR VETRIS - 48
full

full
ELENA WOLF - 50
full

full
DRYNNE MAHARIEL - 50
full

full
ASHIRANA - 46
full

full
ARSTEN VAEL - 50
full
Approval Guide

| - Neutral 50 - |

Ethan Hawke

Ethan paused eyes focused on the moon "You know… Moonlight is thought to transform some people into strange creatures or even drive others mad." A cautious laugh left his lips Aedan was probably tired of hearing him say that, but at this point, it was a tradition of sorts. A reason to stay awake in a way or maybe with so much time spent under the moonlight he was already insane. The answer wasn’t necessarily needed but Ethan hoped it explained something about him. The closer they got to the alienage the quieter Ethan became, eyes scanning not only the immediate area but the rooftops as well. Just like the last time he was here Alienage is beautiful, as much as it could be with the money they have and like Lowtown a general hub for crime.

Unfortunately, flirting with the smugglers had gotten them nowhere apparently the coin they were getting to attempt to murder his family and Dez was just too good. Had it been any less and they might have actually survived. That was fine with him, killing unhappy smugglers in the dead of night had also become some sort of tradition. “Remind me” Ethan speaks at some point during the battle at no one in particular “if it seems sketchy, it’s because it is” before taking the head of a useless smuggler.

When the battle had ended Ethan turned to the group grinning beginning to speak of a job well done before his attention was focused elsewhere. It took him a minute, watching a hand stick out of a chest that used to hold a heart of a smuggler before his brain clicked back into place. Ethan took a step to the side, then another, placing himself between Abby and the half phantom in front of them. Lifting his shield ever so slightly reading himself for, not only an attack but a mad dash in whatever direction she… they? Tried to take. “And your name is?” If Anso hadn't been on his shit list before this he sure had so much explaining to do when they next met.

A P P R O V A L

full
ABBY HAWKE - 100
full

full
AEDAN HAWKE - 100
full

full
ALAIRE DU LAC- 75
full

full
NAJA VALASTE- 50
full

full
DEZRIDOR VETRIS - 52
full

full
ELENA WOLF - 50
full

full
DRYNNE MAHARIEL - 50
full

full
ASHIRANA - 45
full

full
ARSTEN VAEL - 50
full
Approval Guide

| - Neutral 50 - |

Last edited:
Dezridor Vetris
A look of trying to figure out what this elf was entered his quieted expression while holding back other concerns. A fist through a mans heart was no common sight nor one he'd want repeated as the sight took him back to a darker time in the deep roads. However his staring eyes hadn't left the sight of one glowing elf nor did his ears escape the sounds of listening and speaking voices such as when Abby looked toward him and asked whether this was one of his friends.

Keeping Matilda in his hands til he knew for sure where this encounter would lead, as plenty of 'bosses' have been known to kill any witnesses or hirelings and in this case too many uncertainties could remain for this dwarf to put away his crossbow. Though this woman did come off rather differently then he would have expected.

Finally looking toward Abby and momentarily off the elf. Dez shook his head slightly and followed with a answer. "Sorry Miss Hawke.... I know plenty of folk, but not one glows, least not literally." Dezridor spoke with a small nod and smile. Before turning toward the elf and looking toward Ethan as well. Rather curious by what the elf said and shaking his head at the mere thought of Anso's involvement in this charade. A nervous dwarf doesn't deal with Lyrium smuggling too dangerous and risky of business for their liking. But working for a glowing elf? Now that he didn't see coming. "Cheery after bloodshed, hey? Well, I'll say Hi." He chimed in, intending to uncover more to this story without saying too much.

Meanwhile he was going to have a word later with his network and find out who slipped and left out any dealings with this Anso and a glowing elf. Not to mention he couldn't place these thugs..... meaning non Kirkwall based mercenaries or worse? Hopefully time would settle this one.

"Are you two mad?" Aedan gasped exasperated, his tired hand still tightly wrapped around each blood-soaked axe, even his breathless state wasn't enough to prevent the tirade against his brother. "We've just seen this... elf, stick her hand through a man's chest and rip his heart out! That doesn't strike you as suspicious?!" He renewed, eyes never leaving the all-too casual elf, though from what he garnered both her and his brother had a talent for treating ruthless murder as a joke. Seeking reinforcement, he instinctively turned to Abby, no words needed to read the silent plea of 'You agree with me, right?' which was as much tradition as Ethan's mind-numbing catchphrase.

"How do we know she isn't a demon... Or worse." The younger Hawke felt content to leave his disagreement at that, despite his urge to fight his point further. His words would fall on death ears, as they always did. All he could do was hope this misplaced trust didn't land their own hearts ripped from their chests.

Ashirana

...That wasn't the right reaction. At least the woman looked amazed, or whatever that hanging jaw actually meant, but the others seemed to vary between wary to hostile. What did she do wrong? Was there some sort of social code she didn't follow? The words of the tallest one of the group—well, only barely the tallest and she'd had to compare between him and the other tall man in the group, but that wasn't relevant—clued her in. Ah, of course, her name.

She opened her mouth to answer when the not-as-tall man cut in, and called her a demon. Or implied it. Ashirana frowned. At least the dwarf seemed more polite. "I'm not a demon, why would I be a demon? I'm..."

She paused, mouth hanging open. How did she explain 'I have incredibly rare and expensive tattoos of lyrium that let me go through people and things and some other things that I don't quite understand yet and they were given to me by a Tevinter Magister who used to own me and oh by the way I'm a slave with a massive bounty on her head and please don't turn me in I don't want to be a slave again' in a way that didn't just make her sound insane or like just a walking sack of gold?

Well, you could start at the beginning.

"I'm Ashirana. I'm not a demon, I'm an elf with lyrium in her skin which lets her fade... out of reality? I'm not sure of how it works, but I do know it lets me do things like this," she said, raising her bloody hand. This time intentionally. "I hired you through Anso because I'm being hunted by the men you just killed. I didn't realise there'd be quite that many of them, though. Sorry. But there are many more who want me captured and brought back in chains. I can't just fight them all, no matter how lucky I get with who I hire. The spider at the centre needs to die."

Speaking of, she had something to check. It only took a quick look over the spread of corpses to pinpoint the leader. The one not wearing a helmet. It was always the one not wearing a helmet. She glanced back at the group. Well, not always. Unless they were all the leader or something. A voting system? Maybe. But once again, she'd veered off track.

"Excuse me." Ashirana strode over to the leader and bent in half at the waist to reach down and pull open the pouch on his hip, turning away from the group briefly.
A P P R O V A L

full
ETHAN HAWKE - 49
full

full
AEDAN HAWKE - 45
full

full
ABBY HAWKE- 51
full

full
ALAIRE DU LAC- 50
full

full
NAJA VALASTE - 50
full

full
DEZRIDOR VETRIS - 52
full

full
ELENA WOLF - 50
full

full
DRYNNE MAHARIEL - 50
full

full
ARSTEN VAEL - 50
full
Approval Guide

| - Neutral 50 - |

[/border]

Last edited:
Abby Hawke

Looking down at her own hands Abbagail felt a twinge of guilt. She too knew what it was like to hold a power that was barely understood, and she too would use it to protect her own life and those of those she loved. Abby looked once again at the bodies that now littered the ground around the Alienage's vhenadahl and wondered who would have to clean up the mess in the morning. The guards, probably. Sorry, Alaire. He had told her once that the Alienage was a hotspot for crime in Lowtown, and unfortunately, most of it was not related to its Elven residents. People just didn't seem to care about making a mess in the homes of what they considered to be lesser beings; that thought alone disgusted her.

She watched as Ashirana riffled through the belongings of one of the recently deceased and lightly grabbed Ethan's shoulder. The elf was dangerous, that was a fact. She could see now why Anso had been so nervous- the man probably feared for his life if he failed. Abby wanted to sympathize with Ashirana, but she was cautious by nature. Why exactly was this woman being hunted? Was she innocent, or guilty? A runaway murderess, or the victim of terrible circumstances? Looking Ethan in the eye she silently brought her fist into her palm and pointed to Ashirana behind her back. If this woman was indeed upstanding, then a quick trip to the Viscount's Keep and a chat with the Kirkwall Guard wouldn't hurt, right?

A P P R O V A L

full
ETHAN HAWKE - 100
full

full
AEDAN HAWKE - 100
full

full
ALAIRE DU LAC- 80
full

full
NAJA VALASTE- 50
full

full
DEZRIDOR VETRIS - 48
full

full
ELENA WOLF - 50
full

full
DRYNNE MAHARIEL - 50
full

full
ASHIRANA - 48
full

full
ARSTEN VAEL - 50
full
Approval Guide

| - Neutral 50 - |

Dezridor Vetris
Demon?? Hmm..... Shades brought up a point that hadn't crossed the dwarfs mind, maybe because Dezridor always imagined demons as having a built in echo to their voices, like a hollow vibration escaping out of the opening at their lower center of the facial region and turning into words followed by the same words to give off a creepy, unique and audible form of words and communication. Like a annoying repeat that was unnecessary yet they were demons so maybe they didn't know? Not mention maybe they didn't call mouths, well mouths and instead something long and technical like a gaping hole with teeth and a wet tongue? Who knew really..... Dezridor wasn't sure since he was a dwarf after all and demons were not commonly encountered by his kind. Less you were really a unlucky bastard. Shivering thought.....

But still Shades seemed like a passionate fellow with a opinion that was his own and he would be sure to share, yes? Yes of course, it's only fair. Yet who would listen and how it'd go wasn't for Dezridor to decide. He wasn't too familiar with demons and his imagination gave him a completely different idea of what a demon looked and sounded like. All this was moot however as not only did the elf speak in counter to the younger Hawke but also introduced herself further and explained her 'abilities' Given to her really by what he could only imagine as bone chilling methods. Both literally and figuratively.

Did I say shivering thought already? Well scratch that as more was to likely come. This dwarf already had issues with Lyrium and how freely his people seem to handle it, sell it, smuggle it and so on...... Now it's woven into people's skin? *Ergghewww* And here Dezridor thought consumption was bad or inhaling it was horrid. Now we are weaving it into the skin? No doubt he was going to have nightmares later. Not to mention this fact only added to his stance on Lyrium and how it's used. Was it necessary, sure... maybe.... But seriously limits are limits people and there's reason as to why you don't in his opinion f*** with Lyrium.

Meanwhile despite his shivering thoughts about this new Intel, Dezridor did his best to pay attention and listen to every word spoken. "Ashirana....? Well we can start off as Quill for my name..... Or Dez that works too." He spoke up while putting away his Matilda and giving a nod. Though by the looks and sound of things there was plenty more to learn and watch out for concerning this woman. Lyrium skin, elven and possessing abilities like hers? The list of possible explanations of who, what, where, when and why was starting to dwindle to size and become a short list in his mind. But he still knew hardly anything factual about this woman and so only time would tell for certain.

"Can't say I've seen heart squeezing, chest puncturing via the fist abilities before..... But you've got men after you and I believe your no demon. Always pictured them differently anyhow, though I don't dream like you long legged races... so yeah? Hmm... But as for the apology.... Well I think we've all been through worse, huh? If Hawke says we stick to the job then I'm game." The dwarf spoke ending his share on the matter and folding his arms, now looking up toward the others and back toward Ashirana as she looked over the bodies in search of something.

Ethan Hawke

Not a demon then… just a more painful version of a Templar or so it seemed. Lyrium tattoos who could ever think that was a good idea? Shoulders sagging somewhere between relief and exasperation at the very least it wasn’t the Templars or the guard that was looking for this woman, no they would have come themselves, but someone very powerful to afford so many people. But even still Ethan shifted as Ashirana moved, little micro adjustments to keep Abby behind him and the elf in his sights. Less ready for a fight and more out of the instinctual thought of wanting Abby behind him. However, he tensed as a hand landed on his shoulder the shield lifting slightly to cover his face as he turned to face Abby. Ethan laughed, quietly but still amused, assuming Abby’s suggestion to be a joke before it tapered off surprised from the realization she was completely serious. Squaring his shoulders he shook his head, quietly whispering “Let’s see how this goes” before stepping towards Ashirana sword sheathed and shield down but ready. “I’m Ethan” Ethan froze as Dez spoke before continuing “Ethan Hawke to be exact, I’m not saying no to the job but why don’t you tell me what exactly what you’re running from it's not like some lyrium smugglers can get their product back if it's in your skin so I want the truth, Who is this spider and why are we possibly killing him” This is normally when things so wrong with business deals, half a shipment suddenly goes missing and someone pulls out a short sword. Ethan was desperately hoping this was not one of those times.

A P P R O V A L

full
ABBY HAWKE - 100
full

full
AEDAN HAWKE - 100
full

full
ALAIRE DU LAC- 75
full

full
NAJA VALASTE- 50
full

full
DEZRIDOR VETRIS - 52
full

full
ELENA WOLF - 50
full

full
DRYNNE MAHARIEL - 50
full

full
ASHIRANA - 45
full

full
ARSTEN VAEL - 50
full
Approval Guide

| - Neutral 50 - |

Ashirana

For a moment, Ashirana wondered if she'd made the right choice here. It was just coins in this pouch, no parchments. Behind her, the dwarf introduced himself as Quill and Dez. Quill sounded like an alias for a writer or something, she couldn't imagine someone naming their son that. Then again, she couldn't really imagine any parental thoughts. And he was a dwarf. Who knew what dwarves thought like.

They imagined what demons looked like, apparently. She'd have to tell Dez at some point. They were... varied. But she remembered some, from when she'd stood guard on her mast—no, Danarius' rituals. Less standing guard and more being forced to watch, really.

Before her mind could go any further down that particular track, the rough texture of parchment on her fingers brought her back to reality. Ah, that's why it was so hard to find. It'd been folded unevenly into a small square. She pulled the pouch free and straightened up, then tossed her head to fling a few errant strands of silver hair out of her vision. One-handed, opening the note was tough, especially since at the same time she was listening to Ethan talk, audibly scoffing at his assertion that her markings couldn't be extracted back out of her.

"This man would flay me alive in a heartbeat. But it's not just the lyrium, he wants me as well," she explained distractedly, skimming through the erratically creased note for details. Ah, there. 'Bring her to me at my Kirkwall estate when she is in your possession'. "He's here," she murmured darkly.

"Here, catch, I don't need it." Ashirana turned and tossed Ethan the coin pouch, face fixed with a cheeky grin. "I'll just say it outright, no practical point hiding it. Unless I thought it'd tempt you to collect my bounty. The one these idiots—" She nudged the corpse at her feet with a boot. "—were trying to collect. But I don't think so." More like can't. Sink too far into paranoia and suspicion, and you don't come back out. Same goes for almost anything, she mused. "This spider is a Tevinter Magister, Danarius. He..." Ashirana's face fell. "He owned me. Put these markings—" She raised her arm and faded it. "—in my skin. I ran, but he still feels that I'm his property. So he has dedicated significant resources to 'retrieving' me. Bounties, hunters, mercenaries, agents, bait... Speaking of bait, the chest in the house. Did you find anything inside?"
A P P R O V A L

full
ETHAN HAWKE - 49
full

full
AEDAN HAWKE - 45
full

full
ABBY HAWKE- 51
full

full
ALAIRE DU LAC- 50
full

full
NAJA VALASTE - 50
full

full
DEZRIDOR VETRIS - 53
full

full
ELENA WOLF - 50
full

full
DRYNNE MAHARIEL - 50
full

full
ARSTEN VAEL - 50
full
Approval Guide

| - Neutral 50 - |

[/border]

Abby Hawke

A runaway slave. Abbagail understood now and pouted, slightly ashamed of her harsh judgment. Still, this elf seemed a bit odd- and it wasn't just the intricate pattern of lyrium that had been unwillingly branded into her flesh. Abby followed the bright design with her eyes almost in a trance. In a strange way, she thought the markings beautiful- it was a thought that immediately caused her to snap her eyes away in guilt. She had spent her whole life feeling different, having never known anyone like her but her father, an apostate kept a prisoner in her own home. Kirkwall had given Abbagail a sense of freedom she had never before felt, but she still felt like a songbird, albeit one that was allowed to perch on top of its cage now.

Abby had always found herself drawn to others that she felt a kinship towards- those who were a little different. Whether they were covered in firemarks, had an odd obsession or passion, or were simply quirky by nature, Abbagail found these people beautiful in a way. Ashirana was certainly beautiful; beautiful and deadly.

Abbagail quietly reached into her satchel, bringing the bronze flask that had been hidden inside to her lips while everyone's attention was diverted elsewhere. Its contents generously poured down her throat, warming her body almost instantly. The flask itself had been a gift from uncle Gamlen after an hour of beratement at the hands of her mother. "This is how I dealt with her when I was younger," he had spoken, referring to Leandra as he pushed the flask into her hands. He had noticed the way she had often taken to pints in the evening once Leandra was asleep. "You need it more than I do." Abby had swallowed the harsh liquid inside, coughing an sputtering when the liquor burned. "Easy now," Gamlen had laughed, "you have all evening." She had slept well that night.

Handing the flask to her twin in case he wished to partake in the alcohol, her hands rediscovered the crumpled letter from Peaches in her satchel. She still hadn't asked Aedan what the contents of the letter had said; she probably never would. Holding it in front of her she let her hands grow warm, flames quickly enveloping the letter and turning it to ash. Whatever it had said, there was nothing left of it now.

"It was empty." She answered Ashirana in regards to the chest. Noting the pouch of coins now in Ethan's possession, Abby crossed her arms. "So, it seems you are paying us either for silence or for work. If it's work, then lead the way. It's late." She was not usually one to partake in liquor so early in the evening, but it had already been one hell of a day, and alcohol had always helped her find her voice.

A P P R O V A L

full
ETHAN HAWKE - 100
full

full
AEDAN HAWKE - 100
full

full
ALAIRE DU LAC- 80
full

full
NAJA VALASTE- 50
full

full
DEZRIDOR VETRIS - 48
full

full
ELENA WOLF - 50
full

full
DRYNNE MAHARIEL - 50
full

full
ASHIRANA - 48
full

full
ARSTEN VAEL - 50
full
Approval Guide

| - Neutral 50 - |

Ethan Hawke

Ethan nodded sharply at Abby’s assessment “Alright then let’s go get your spider”

The walk out of the Alienage was quiet as though it was lying in wait for another oncoming battle. Unfortunately, this was one battle Ethan didn’t quite know what to expect. Tevinter Magister brought images of blood magic and slaves some dying at their master's feet while others cower at the threat of the unknown. What next? Who next? Tevinter was feared, glorified and surrounded with horror because of their mages practically free propaganda for everyone else.

The change from Hightown from Lowtown else was partially noticeable even at night. Dirt made way to tile and houses that no one would have to worry about making it through the coming years. But as high and mighty it sought to appear Ethan knew more than most that Hightown is a center for many criminal factions. “Keep your eyes peeled” he whispered as Ashirana continued to take them forward past the closed up merchant shops. Even with the scattered torches moonlight was their guide searching a shadow before stepping into it themselves. Ethan wondered for a second where the patrolling guards could be before allowing himself to be thankful that it wasn’t here.

Ethan stopped Ashirana a few paces from a mansion built like any other within the walls of High town but the one he assumed had to be the one they were looking for. “It is possible he already knows the ones he has sent to capture you have failed and we’re walking into a trap” Ethan spoke directly to Ashirana but it was a conversation for everyone to hear. “I need you to know keeping everyone safe is my first priority, if you continue to push forward after I’ve decided its best we take a step back I will be leaving you behind.” Ethan turned to focus on the rest of the group “As for everyone else Tevinter magister means magic, now on a good day this is normal every day Abby magic” Ethan grins at her before “On a bad day it means blood magic and worse still Demons I need everyone to be ok with that before we go in”

A P P R O V A L

full
ABBY HAWKE - 100
full

full
AEDAN HAWKE - 100
full

full
ALAIRE DU LAC- 75
full

full
NAJA VALASTE- 50
full

full
DEZRIDOR VETRIS - 52
full

full
ELENA WOLF - 50
full

full
DRYNNE MAHARIEL - 50
full

full
ASHIRANA - 45
full

full
ARSTEN VAEL - 50
full
Approval Guide

| - Neutral 50 - |

A stroll through Lowtown from the elves Alienage on toward Kirkwall hightown, passing by small wooden tables with overhanging slabs of wood to act as ones roof shading the merchandise from direct sunlight and rain, some goods still present though from the looks of it just small, easy to forget items likely overlooked. A familiar stench roaming the air combination of sickness, poorly bathed homeless individuals and the flowing sea air coming from the docks. It was not until walking beyond its reach and taking several stairs up toward hightown that it seemed to fade and another smell replaced it. A quite different smell for the most part as flowers seemed more refreshing and pleasant, more easily noticed by their scent, a clean breeze roaming the richer parts of the city. Much to his own surprise hardly a soul aimed to pickpocket or try the group as nights often brought out thieves and other headaches into the night. Meanwhile passing through the city beyond the red light district, past the merchants district and passing on by the dwarven sector of notable statues of dwarves seemingly held up the mansions and walls, past hightowns keep of the viscount as they walked on toward the rich side of town just beyond the chantry as they entered into the various nobles mansions.

Thoughts of what Ashirana had mentioned concerning her troubles and what she was looking for earlier that night upon their meeting. A Tevinter magister named Danarius, a bounty, slavers and slave hunters, Lyrium and a belief this bastard possessed about owning this young elven woman not just her Lyrium touched skin. It brought a nasty spike in moods as the thought angered the dwarf, never one to agree with such nonsense as slavery and felt disgusted by it, once more he was quite old enough to witness such things before tonight though the Lyrium bit in this particular case was a new one. A well traveled dwarf was a knowledgeable enough one as the man passed through Tevinter during his travels and heard stories, saw some of them and knew all too well his people's past dealings and agreements with them. Always common was the presence of blood magic and twisted politics in Tevinter, demons usually followed, right? Yes demons.

Touching the brass of his girl Matilda's trigger and curved shaping around it, hand running upward toward her smooth, darkened wooden handle as his eyes remained closed listening to Ethan directing a observation toward Ashirana and then addressed the group as a whole. A breath taken and exhaled while he simply nodded along and took Matilda from his back and placed her nice and gently in his hands, laying flat in his palms with fingers curving up and gripping the weapon firmly. 'Never too old for some demon hunting and blood magic surviving, huh? I suppose that's a likely result of tonight such as been said.... Damn magisters. Either way it's quite easily a trap like Hawke mentioned.' Dezridor thought to himself and waited for the signal to move on toward the mansion and inside to see what lay in store. deciding without much hesitation and rather quickly what he'd be doing tonight as Hawke wanted to make sure others were fine with his before entering.

The dwarf was no spring chicken anymore, those days long since behind him. But he'd been through and seen plenty that a night of lively Tevinter entertainment, so to speak, didn't bother him. He wasn't looking forward to it by any means but he wasn't exactly bothered by it either. No, just a quiet nod and nothing more was offered in reply to Ethan as awaited the move.

"More demons, more like..." Aedan muttered in response to Ethan's risk assessment and Dezridor's agreement, trying--and failing--to hide his not-so-subtle glare aimed pointedly in Ashirana's direction. Whilst everyone else was completely onboard with the plan to follow a body-mutilating runaway Aedan was both cautious and suspicious. Yes, Ethan was very intelligent with his very keen observation that they may be walking into a trap, truly genius. Only it could very well be a trap that this tattooed renegade was in on, yet nobody entertained the risk of following her here. What loss was a pouch of gold when she could snatch it from their corpses? His nerves were hardly stable after their former display of butchery, killing was one thing they'd all been forced to do, but he'd never known the heart-ripping death punch to be particularly common form of killing. It was almost like... blood magic.

"Great," Aedan muttered absent-mindedly, "Now we're breaking into a Hightown Mansion. If Alaire hears about this we'll be in cells before you can say 'Magisterium Imporium'." Aedan wasn't sure if that was a word, but it certainly sounded Tevintery enough, and besides the point, the message was clear: Breaking into a Mansion and leaving a trail of Magister corpses is almost as bad is breaking into a Noble's Estate. Now if the information was wrong, and they did break into a real Estate Aedan would personally throttle both his brother and the runaway murder-hands. On that note, he'd need to come up with a creative way to throttle someone who could rip his heart out...

Snapping out of arguably murderous thoughts, Aedan squinted his eyes, struggling to fight back the yawn that crept up to his jaw. "Let's just get this over with..."

Ashirana

"Nothing." Ashirana sighed, her shoulders sagging. She should've expected it. As if Danarius would give her even a chance of finding out about her past. Just another of his games. That's all this was to him, wasn't it? A game. That'd be just like him. He'd treated everyone more like a knot to be untied than a person, why would an escaped slave be any different? "Guessed as much."

The girl was saying something else, but Ashirana was only half-hearing it. She was busy untangling her emotions. Anger, frustration, disappointment, despair. What's more, relief. What? That one didn't make sense. Did it? Don't let him get to you with this. If you get emotional, you get predictable, she told herself. Something she'd picked up from the man himself. He twisted people into balls of outrage and irritation and sadness and whatever else made a tune he liked, then played them. He'd been trying to piss her off. Did he know she'd see through the trap? Was he waiting for her with another ambush? The only reasonable answer she could think of was 'Yes'. It would be unlike him to not have contingencies. She wouldn't let that stop her from taking her shot, though. She stood straight, more resolved.

Ah, they were looking expectantly at her now. They wanted an answer. Something about work?

"Yes. I'm hiring you again. We must move quickly to strike at Danarius. Follow me, I'll lead you to the estate."

With that, she turned and hustled away, leaving the party to trail behind her.

+++++

Ashirana twitched as a hand clasped on her arm. She twisted her arm away and reached back to put a hand on her sword's hilt. This was it, the other ambush just—. She froze. Just Ethan. A mercenary, but not one against her. She withdrew her hand.

"Oh, we're probably walking into a trap," she said with an uncanny lightness, glancing at the girl, 'Abby', out the corner of her eyes. She was a mage. Without a staff? Maybe. "But you never know, right? And I'm not passing this chance up, anyway. Run away if you want, I'm going in." Her voice went hard. "One way or another." She looked at everyone else. "I know Danarius, and that bastard loves him some demons. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner." She internally groaned at her weak joke. It was probably out of place, too. "They'll be there. Blood magic, too."

At everyone's various indications of readiness, Ashirana headed in, only to find Ethan a tiny bit ahead of her. Right, he seemed like the 'leader' of this lot. Well, doomed if she'd let him get between her and any minion of Danarius'. She skipped ahead of him, pulling her blade free of its scabbard. There would be blood tonight. The blood of a Magister.

"DANARIUS! COME OUT!"

Almost as she set foot in the mansion and called for Danarius, monsters from the Fade appeared to stop her progress. She tore into them, moving with a savage kind of grace, sword jumping in a staccato rhythm from cut to cut to thrust. The lyrium in her skin flared a disturbing BLUE as she went, warding her from the claws of Danarius' servants, attacks merely passing straight through while leaving the flesh untouched just as often as not, and those that did hit home finding their effects unnaturally lessened. What did hurt her only fueled her, each attack landing more hatefully than the next, each kill quickening her frenzied tempo.

Every so often, they met with a trap, but Dez's voice pierced the veil over her mind for long enough to make her aware, and his cunning brain made quick work of them each time. Not quickly enough for Ashirana, who waited with a restless energy, than launched through the passage with unabated ferocity. As the rooms passed, Ashirana grew faster, eager lending speed to her movements. She wasn't consciously thinking about her movements, working entirely on murderous instinct, ingrained skill, and hatred. Her mind buzzed with anticipation. Soon. Soon Danarius would die at her hands, and the weight his presence placed on her would be lifted.

She was only dimly aware of the presence of the others behind her, occasionally registering a ball of ice or bolt whizzing past her ears, or Ethan exhorting everyone to fight harder over the clanging of claw on shield, or the dual-axed man hurling himself into the fray at her side.

A fiery arm slammed her across the chest, throwing her backwards. She rolled straight back up to her feet and used the spin's momentum to slash at a presence she felt behind her. Her eyes widened as reason reasserted itself, and she pulled her blow halfway through the swing, having nearly tried to take Abby's head off. She stared at the girl, wild-eyed, surprised, bloodied, and glowing an eerie blue, trying to mouth some kind of apology.

Before she could compose anything other than a vague look of guilt in her eyes, the demon roared at her, and the rage returned. She hurtled towards it with an answering bellow. It gestured with an arm, and a wave of flame washed over her. Singed, but not put off, Ashirana ran through and cut most of the way through the arm. Her instincts screamed, and she pulled the blade free and sank to a knee with a spin. A large fist whipped through the air over her head, the displaced air ruffling her hair. She swung around with the momentum and buried her blade halfway through the demon's chest in the same move.

Turning and standing up, she tore the blade out and swung again, slicing through its neck in a decapitating strike, the move putting an end to the answering flaming punch. Ashirana did not rest, merely moving on to a nearby shade. She called again to Danarius, "Danarius! I'm coming for you! Stop sending your minions and face me!"

At last, they reached the main room. More shades and another demon rose up, and all were put down in short order. Ashirana bounded up the stairs, and practically battered down the door at the top of them.

And was met by an empty room. Nothing.

Everything seemed to stop.

Something scrabbled behind her. She whirled to see a twisted corpse pulling itself out of the ground, somehow. She didn't stop to think, she just ran for it with blade pointed forward. The same emotions as with the empty chest twisted in her throat, coming out in an intense, wordless cry of emotion. A bolt of ice smashed powerfully against her, turning the furious charge into a staggering advance, a large shard of ice still stuck in her shoulder. Nonetheless, momentum carried the day, and Ashirana's blade plunged through its body, far enough for the tip to protrude several inches out the other side.

The two weights collided with the balcony, and the balcony gave way. It split in a shower of splinters, and they fell through, Ashirana on top of the thing. But as it hit the ground, it sank into it again, leaping out of the floor some distance away from her. The man with two axes eagerly leapt at it, and Ashirana was beset by more shades, so she could not chase it down. She span angrily, outright bisecting the shade closest to her, leaping at the others with a hail of blows.

As soon as the fight was over, Ashirana was back up the stairs, back into the room. It was still empty. She ran out and into one of the side rooms. Empty. So was the other one.

"He's not here!"

Ashirana winced at how loud she was in the sudden quiet of the mansion. "He's not here," she repeated, more quietly. She looked down at her fist, wrapped tightly around the hilt of her blade. The blue glow of the lyrium receded, starting at her hands, going down her arm, and spreading across the rest of her body. Suddenly, she could feel how tightly she was gripping it. Her muscles, now fully material, complained. Her throat felt a bit coarse from how much she'd shouted. She loosened her fingers around the sword, and it fell from them. Still adjusting to the sensations, then. She picked it back up and slid it into the scabbard on her back, then pumped her hand into and out of a fist shape, feeling the sensations of touch and tightness reassert themselves.

She took a few deep, uneven breaths to compose herself, then faced Ethan. "Danarius was not here..." She trailed off and sighed, hanging her head. Silence reigned for a moment, then her head lifted. "Take what you want, I'm sure there are valuables here. I don't need them. I'll be outside."

Ashirana strode down the stairs and out, through the corridors, into the cool, night air. The walk was a confident one, purposeful, even if that didn't quite bear out in her own head. She refused to let herself act defeated because of this. No, she'd won. Danarius had tricked her, but he had lost resources, a manor, spirits, and he had gained nothing. There was no doubt in who had won here. But it didn't feel like one. It felt like a grasp for air, only to receive nothing.

Was this how Danarius felt, every time she escaped from him? Ashirana frowned. That was a disgusting thought. She would not compare herself to Danarius. She was better than him.
no slide
A P P R O V A L

full
ETHAN HAWKE - 49
full

full
AEDAN HAWKE - 45
full

full
ABBY HAWKE- 51
full

full
ALAIRE DU LAC- 50
full

full
NAJA VALASTE - 50
full

full
DEZRIDOR VETRIS - 53
full

full
ELENA WOLF - 50
full

full
DRYNNE MAHARIEL - 50
full

full
ARSTEN VAEL - 50
full
Approval Guide

| - Neutral 50 - |

[/border]

Abby Hawke

The fight was over. Abbagail had never fought demons physically before, and although the group had been warned about the presence of them, she had still found herself wholly unprepared. Being so close to demons in the physical realm made her temples feel like they were about to burst, their voices booming louder than she had ever heard them; it was all too terrifyingly real. She had not been ready for the rage demons whose bodies seemed to be made of fire and magma, and needless to say her usual fire bolts did nothing but make them angrier. The mansion was silent now, but she swore she could still hear their laughter as she had first attempted to literally fight fire with fire. Thankfully she was also skilled in force magic, and she was able to push the rage demons away and focus on the smaller shades swarming some of the rest of the party.

And then she had apparently been standing in the wrong place at the wrong time because Ashirana had nearly decapitated her. She was used to fighting alongside her brothers, and although the two barely got along, the three of them together fought almost as one person, able to anticipate each other's moves and dodging out of each other's way with grace and ease. Coming so close to death from a supposed ally had her momentarily stunned.

Abby waited until Ashirana exited the mansion before turning to her brothers. "That was absolutely crazy! She's crazy!" Not wanting to seem too dramatic in front of their new dwarven companion, Abbagail lowered her head with a sigh. "I'm sorry. I think that was more than enough excitement than I can handle in one evening."

A P P R O V A L

full
ETHAN HAWKE - 100
full

full
AEDAN HAWKE - 100
full

full
ALAIRE DU LAC- 80
full

full
NAJA VALASTE- 50
full

full
DEZRIDOR VETRIS - 48
full

full
ELENA WOLF - 50
full

full
DRYNNE MAHARIEL - 50
full

full
ASHIRANA - 46
full

full
ARSTEN VAEL - 50
full
Approval Guide

| - Neutral 50 - |

Ethan Hawke

There were very few things left in the world that could make Ethan stop dead in his tracks during a fight. He has fought with nothing in his hands to a blade in his shoulder and he was sure there was no beautiful person left on this planet to make him freeze when his ass was on the line. However, turning his head after having a shade disperse from around his blade and watching as Ashirana moves with a full swing with Abby as her target. But Ethan knows he’s too far away nothing short of teleportation could get him or his shield between them. The moment seems to stop for them as it does for him with Ashirana pulling back they stare at each other for what could only be half a second. Ethan stares too, heart pounding in his ears as he takes a step towards Abby and just barely saving himself from having ribbioned flesh.

The tips of claws slide down his arm like a knife and time seems to quicken once again. A sound of pain and surprise leave Ethan as he swings his shield to block the next attack. All while his arm throbs in protest with each hit to the shield but he knows the wound could have been much worse. So he keeps going, unwilling to stop fighting until he can be for sure everyone was safe from both demons and apparently allies.

Ethan followed Ashirana as she ascends the stairs a second time, tense and ready for whatever was to come and more of the balcony to be destroyed. Her furious yell was what made him decide the fight was truly over. He sliced off what was left of the arm of the jacket before sheathing his sword and securing his shield all the while using the strips as a makeshift bandage, not the cleanest, but it would do. When he glanced back at Ashirana, she was already looking at him repeating herself as if she truly couldn’t believe this Denarius fellow hadn’t stayed to die. Then her shoulders sagged and her head dropped in what Ethan could only assume was defeat. But still, he waited, face blank as her head lifted again and she walked out and waited just a bit longer until he was sure she was out of the mansion before allowing himself to turn towards Abby.

Ethan cupped Abby’s face tilting her head up to look at him. “No need to apologize” he tilted her head checking her neck for any cuts, bruises or burns. “You are right and I’m the one who is sorry, I should have never followed her here” his thumb made little circles across her cheek as soothing as possible. “Do you still want to come with me tomorrow with whatever Alaire needs help with?” Ethan kissed her forehead as she responded “Ok alright that’s fine, we’ll go home soon don’t worry” his gaze turned steely as he turned his head to look out the door Ashirana had disappeared through. “But first I want to have a talk with Ms. Ashirana” Ethan’s gaze returned to Abby a soft smile on his face “Just check the rooms up here with Dez, see if anything can be found about this Magisters possible whereabouts and we should be done about the same time” He turned nodded to Dez “I do hope you are ok with that” before jogging after Ashirana.

Stepping out the door Ethan’s eyes scanned the area looking for Ashirana as well as making sure they had not gathered any attention. However, he saw nothing so he focused instead on Ashirana and the scene plays through his head once again. Anger burns through him like tar slow but all-encompassing as he makes his way to her.

"What the hell was that?" Ethan hissed teeth clenched with the barely contained rage. "When you fight with other people you have to be aware of your surroundings and where they are standing! You were so worried about this Denarius you didn’t even stop to think about ME! What I would do to you if you hurt one of my people. That woman in there, you know, the one you almost slaughtered? That was my sister and I promise you if that swing had followed through nothing, nothing, could have saved you. What the hell were you thinking?! Anyone of us could have been standing there or even attempted to help you fend off a demon. Do we all need to worry about you being a loose cannon? Don’t you think you should have said something if you couldn’t fucking control yourself in a fight? We could have given you a wide berth, as nobody has the ability to protect themselves from what should be an ally and the things we’re fighting! And running in half-cocked like that? I’m the only one here with a shield! If the first move against us had been a fireball you’d be a fucking scorch mark on the floor!"

Just like that the tar hardens and Ethan stops, taking a breath as he realizes he had been steadily getting louder and louder with each word. He knew the rest of the team had probably heard most everything even through the door as they made their way out, but he wasn't sorry. Exactly the opposite, in fact, he felt justified, everything he said was true. Squaring his shoulders Ethan waited for a response, even if all he received was silence it would be answer enough. As it stood Ashirana could not be trusted and Ethan would continue to think that until she carefully chose her words or answered Ethan with silence.

A P P R O V A L

full
ABBY HAWKE - 100
full

full
AEDAN HAWKE - 100
full

full
ALAIRE DU LAC- 75
full

full
NAJA VALASTE- 50
full

full
DEZRIDOR VETRIS - 52
full

full
ELENA WOLF - 50
full

full
DRYNNE MAHARIEL - 50
full

full
ASHIRANA - 25
full

full
ARSTEN VAEL - 50
full
Approval Guide

| - Neutral 50 - |

Last edited:
Ah the tales of getting older and meeting anew all sorts of faces. The idea of getting mixed up with blood magisters and demons, traps and stone knows what else inside the mansion, Aedan was understandably disagreeable with the idea but a small part of Dezridor wondered if Shades and Ethan ever agreed on anything even if just what looked good or smelled good. Meanwhile the dwarf didn't see what Aedan saw perhaps it was a difference of eyes or age maybe both..... But Dezridor somehow saw the whole venture as one chance to help a former slave with a out right unnatural ability and rid the world of one more magister. The rogue couldn't smell a death wish on the elf or a blood thirst beyond the one she desired from this Danarius, a blood thirst such as being part of this trap and turn on them was unlikely somehow though his senses could be off but he'd doubt it. However voicing anything was not his preference now only silent nods would do and following the group inside as guaranteed and agreed to would work.

So with Matilda held firm in his hands and steps not far from the hawkes and Ashirana, Dezridor kept in stride spotting mechanical problems, firing bolts and simply just staying present til the battle was through. Of course, a few surprises had occurred during the night such as the lacking presence of this Danarius of whom Dezridor had hoped would be available yet with Ashirana's reaction and certainty this magister proved a blood coward likely figuring demons would be enough. Meanwhile during the battle Ashirana became careless in her hatred and desire for the magisters head that she nearly cost Abby her life which drew the ire of not one but likely the pair of brothers, truthfully the dwarf was out of physical range to change the near outcome of Ashirana's near fatal mistake, it was becoming clear that an elven slave with tattoos of lyrium and understandable anger issues did not have much experience fighting as part of a team or just very out of touch with control over her fighting skills and anger. He could only imagine what was going through Aedans mind right about now, in fact brief moments had the dwarf convinced what might happen next though moving on from this thought Dez listened to Ethan.

It was clear enough the dwarf had a ways to go concerning trust and such with the hawkes that much had been made clear by how each acted around him and distrusted him. The side effects of Bartrand? The results of Kirkwall and having something to hide? The timing of his introduction and offer? Quite the trifecta. But despite his ways with words in normal occasions and in better of days, the dwarf knew well enough that just keeping quiet and letting his actions speak for him would be his best move so not responding to Abby's current state and what she moved to say toward her brothers away from the dwarf didn't bother him or provoke him to ask or say anything. Meanwhile listening to Ethan turn toward him with a curious check about looking upstairs with Abby if he was alright by it before jogging after Ashirana.

"Oh? I don't personally mind." Dezridor spoke though he was sure Abby was the one to check with about the matter rather then him. The dwarf meanwhile gave a nod before heading up the stairs and starting his search of rooms, keeping Matilda in his hands while his eyes scanned the different rooms. "I can't promise much value, but looting the place of what remains wouldn't be much of a crime..... If you want to take anything that catches your eye Miss Hawke. A reward for clearing demons if it helps." Dezridor softly spoke just trying to briefly pass the time without too much awkwardness that migh still exist between them. Talk of looting seemed best rather then bring up what just happened or what Elder Hawke might be saying or doing downstairs with the elven ally.

Abby Hawke

He was treating her like a child. The act itself wasn't surprising, and it was not one Abbagail ever fought against. She supposed to her brothers she would always be a child (or at least to Ethan.) While the thought had always bothered her, she could hardly fault her elder brother for it. The truth was her father had raised both the boys that Abby required constant vigilance, even long after she still needed it, and she had acted a bit childish just now. Abby lightly scratched her forehead while answering her brother, "No, I think even if I wanted to join Mother has other plans for me." She nodded at Ethan's affirmation that their adventure in the mansion was almost complete.

Abbagail eyes scanned the decrepit mansion. It was clear no one had lived within its walls for some time. What little furniture remained in the rooms were draped with old and tattered sheets covered in a thick layer of grey dust. She disagreed with Dezridor. Looting the place certainly was a crime- after all, didn't all these items still belong to someone? She doubted it belonged to the Magister, Danarius, himself. Likely it had just been an unused mansion that he found suitable for a hiding place. If he was even here at all.... For a moment she stood still, wondering if the mansion her mother had grown up in was now used for similar nefarious purposes; she had heard it still remained empty.

Separating herself from the dwarf she explored the mansion, opening a small trap door she found within the kitchen. The cool stone steps it revealed seemed to stretch down into the darkness forever, and the opening was covered by a rather large spider web. A wine cellar, perhaps, she thought and took a cautious look around the kitchen as she re-sealed the door. Reaching into her satchel her small hands touched the familiar and cool shape of her flask. She brought it to her lips, relishing the burn of the liquor inside. Wiping her mouth with her sleeve she hid the flask once more and headed back towards the group.

"Nothing of interest in here," she lied, leaning against the wall and crossing her arms. She hadn't even looked.

A P P R O V A L

full
ETHAN HAWKE - 100
full

full
AEDAN HAWKE - 100
full

full
ALAIRE DU LAC- 80
full

full
NAJA VALASTE- 50
full

full
DEZRIDOR VETRIS - 47
full

full
ELENA WOLF - 50
full

full
DRYNNE MAHARIEL - 50
full

full
ASHIRANA - 46
full

full
ARSTEN VAEL - 50
full
Approval Guide

| - Neutral 50 - |

Aedan remained in a trance to the outside events of his own little world, sitting idly upon the felled corpse of a vastly oversized undead--the same one their new acquaintance came barreling down the balcony off--regardless of his outward opinion of the girl, she could fight and that earned some respect. Despite the growing tirade against Ashirana from both his siblings he found it difficult to complain given his entire method of combat was exactly the same, embrace the bloodlust and let only a flurry of blood-red steel dictate your movements, that's what he did, he used his anger as a fuel for violence and it worked to keep him both victorious and sane. He didn't originally trust her, but given they'd just slaughtered a significant group of Tevinter Slavers together without issue of betrayal, his mind was easily swayed.

Although to admit such a decision possessed no bias would be a lie, Ashirana's actions had left Ethan livid and after his annoying dismissal of Abigail Aedan would be remiss in not basking in the hypocrisy of the coming storm. Taking to his feet, the older twin slowly approached Abby, pausing just behind her he placed a hand gently upon her shoulder, squeezing it lightly. "You did well today, Abby. It's not easy for a mage of all people to go face-to-face with demons. It's fighting your nightmares... Literally." Removing his hand he paced forward, eyes gazing off at Ethan's march, a frown forming on his face for the briefest of moments, before in an instant he switched to a loving smirk, turning towards Abby once more. "You're braver than all of us."

With a sigh briefly accompanied by the squeeze of his eyes--a defense against the former fatigue of combat--Aedan took off in Ethan's direction. "I'll make sure our dear brother doesn't break his heart by pestering the wrong woman."

As expected, tracking down Ethan was as simple as pursuing the sound of irrational emotion incarnate. There must've been dragons that bellowed with less force than him, but it wasn't inspiring nor intimidating, merely grating. Leaning against the wall just beside the manor doorway, Aedan raised an eyebrow as his brother's words escalated into a glorious display of irony. "Are you... yelling at someone to control themselves... whilst being unable to control yourself?" The question was not only accurate, but it was sure to get under Ethan's skin. An opportunity the younger brother simply couldn't pass up.

Walking forward more, Aedan shook his head at the display. He could understand Ethan's position--to an extent--but he fought hard to ignore the self-rightousness of it, right now they had more pressing concerns. Such as not fighting to the death against an emotionally unstable heart-rending demon-person. And looting the manor of its riches before the City Guard inevitably show up. "We just disbanded a large group of blood mages and Magister Slavers in the heart of Kirkwall and got paid for it! As for as our work goes, Ethan? This is the best score we've had all year, we're scraping by in the mud and the dirt and then we get this!" Aedan reiterated by signalling to the large plunder-worthy manor. "So why don't we work on getting food for tomorrow instead of screaming at... violent runaways."

Last edited:
Ashirana

Outside, Ashirana was leaned up against one of the mansion's buttresses, her sword leaning up next to her. The same thoughts kept rolling through her mind.

Danarius got away. Danarius had never been there. Danarius would be there next time. That's what she told herself, that she'd get him next time. But that wasn't enough. She should've killed him tonight. How much longer would she have to live under threat of recapture? The rest of her life? This was her best chance of killing him, burning the shadow he had cast over her, and something went wrong. Her mind couldn't focus on it, she was still reeling from the bundle of conflicting emotions that came with that phrase. Danarius got away. There was relief again. Why was she relieved? Danarius had never been there. She didn't even come face to face with him. He'd be there next time.

As lost as she was, her first principle still shone through to guide her. Stay positive. This wasn't going anywhere. Time for a new train of thought.

What had she actually gained tonight? She'd taken from Danarius. She gained a brief respite. Surely even Danarius would need to recoup after such a blow. She'd gained a place to stay. Maybe. No, Danarius would easily track her down here. But he wouldn't expect her to have stayed here, would he? He'd look around in other places first. That's how he did things, she'd seen it play out. He'd eventually check the most obvious place, but he thought she was clever enough to avoid it. Or he seemed to. Or it was whoever he'd hired to put in charge of the chase. However it went, she'd be safe here, for a time. Probably. Definitely. She'd stay, regather herself, and—

Ah, there was the tall one. Ethan, that was it. Ethan, Dez or Quill or whoever he was, Abby, and... the man with two axes. Huh. She'd never caught his name. Ethan looked angry at something. Her. What for? Abby. Of course. She'd been so lost in everything, she'd forgotten. It would only particularly matter if she decided to try and stick with this group, but that wasn't a reason to just ignore it. No need to be needlessly callous. She'd accept blame and try to work past it. That was what Atron had said, right?

"What the hell was that? When you fight with other people you have to be aware of your surroundings and where they are standing!"
Ashirana winced, then froze. That noise was uncanny, the loud, angry hissing. It unnerved her, but she couldn't tell why.
"You were so worried about this Danarius you didn’t even stop to think about ME!"
'—me! I'm the one who gives you shelter! I protect you from the world! And you repay me with this? I don't even matter to you, do I? Well, Fenris, you are about to stop mattering to me' Danarius hissed, his face contorted with anger, hovering mere inches from hers.
Ashirana stepped back unconsciously, trying to stay away from him. Danarius. That was Danarius' voice.
"What I would do to you if you hurt one of my people. That woman in there, you know, the one you almost slaughtered? That was my sister and I promise you if that swing had followed through nothing, nothing, could have saved you."
'If you so much as glare at Magister Insteia or any other person of note, you. Will. Regret it.' He raised a splayed hand up to her face. Sparks of lightning arced between his fingers and palm, occasionally jumping out at her. Then he smiled an oily smile, the kind a snake gives an insect it's about to eat, and the hand dipped closer. Ashirana didn't shy away. She couldn't, that'd just annoy him. Then it would hurt more. Instead, she gritted her teeth and bit down on her tongue...
In the real world, Ashirana was as stiff as a board. Every limb was rigid by her side. Her breathing was quick and through her nose, for her mouth was clamped shut. Her eyes were wide with fear, staring at Ethan as he kept going, twitching with every emphasised word.
"What the hell were you thinking?!"
Ashirana no longer heard Ethan. Danarius' voice spoke over him. Screaming about her mistakes both real and fabricated, issuing threats, saying the most disgusting things to her. Pretending he thought more of her than just another slave, saying that he was "the gentlest of the Magisterium" with his slaves, that the torments he inflicted on her were mercies.

Ashirana said nothing. At some point, Ethan had begun to wear Danarius' face, though it took a moment for her to register that. Her mind was scattered into chaotic patterns. Thoughts only tangentially connected to each other. Something dripped off her chin. Her face was wet. It wasn't raining. Those two facts danced in her head for a moment. She could swear they were connected somehow, but nothing came to her.

Oh of course. Tears.

Another voice pierced the veil, and Ashirana tore her glazed-over eyes from Ethan to see the man with two axes leaning against a wall with his axes in their loops on his belt, saying something. Somewhere in the back of her head, she recognised the noises, even a couple of words, but they didn't string together into a sentence in Trade Tongue. They didn't need to, Ethan already seemed to have at least turned his focus off her. That alone was worthy of thanks in her books, regardless of accusations of demonhood. Expressing that thanks... her gut said it wouldn't work, so she'd hold off. She'd never been much good at getting things across to people. The axeman pushed off the wall, saying something again. Blood mages. Magister slavers. Kirkwall. Ethan. Runaway. Away from what? No, she was the runaway. Screaming at something runaways. Violin? That couldn't be right.

no slide
A P P R O V A L

full
ETHAN HAWKE - 10
full

full
AEDAN HAWKE - 55
full

full
ABBY HAWKE- 36
full

full
ALAIRE DU LAC- 50
full

full
NAJA VALASTE - 50
full

full
DEZRIDOR VETRIS - 38
full

full
ELENA WOLF - 50
full

full
DRYNNE MAHARIEL - 50
full

full
ARSTEN VAEL - 50
full
Approval Guide

| - Neutral 50 - |

[/border]

Last edited:
Abby Hawke

After a short moment of waiting, Abbagail exited the mansion and was greeted with the sight of two cross looking siblings and a practically hysterical elf. The ex-slave was crying, yes, but the expression on her face almost made it seem like she was somewhere else in time. It alarmed Abby how one person could exude so many different auras in the same night. Walking slowly she placed herself in between her brothers, grabbing each lightly by the elbow as she watched Ashirana with growing concern. The woman had gone from psychotic murderess to woeful victim just in the time it might take a noble family to enjoy their supper.

"Let's go home," she spoke softly, "you made her cry." It was less an accusation and more of a plea. Ashirana had proven that she was an emotional wreck, and although Abbagail couldn't blame her for that she still found the elf's lack of awareness worrisome. To her, it seemed best for everyone involved if they just let Ashirana be.

A P P R O V A L

full
ETHAN HAWKE - 100
full

full
AEDAN HAWKE - 100
full

full
ALAIRE DU LAC- 80
full

full
NAJA VALASTE- 50
full

full
DEZRIDOR VETRIS - 47
full

full
ELENA WOLF - 50
full

full
DRYNNE MAHARIEL - 50
full

full
ASHIRANA - 46
full

full
ARSTEN VAEL - 50
full
Approval Guide

| - Neutral 50 - |

Ethan Hawke

Honestly, had he been thinking about it Aedan coming to confront him would have been expected. Ethan looked at Aedan face blank before crossing his arms eyebrow raised in disapproval. "I meant control on the battlefield" Ethan spoke slowly as if speaking to a toddler "But if you must know I am perfectly in control, perhaps you should use your eyes to observe, not just see, if we were truly so desperate we could not eat I would not have left Athenril's job offer behind; or perhaps you need to watch how much you eat, I am doing fine myself.” Ethan smirked, "Besides, you've had more than your share of food Aedan, it's becoming worrying, perhaps you should think on that before we really are desperate for food Hmm?"

Ethan lifted his hand turning his head away in an altogether dismissive motion focusing his attention, once again, on Ashirana. She was… crying? She’s psycho and completely unaware of his presence, his mind supplied unhelpfully. ”The maker tests me in mysterious ways.” Ethan sighed in exasperation, just barely resisted the urge to snap his fingers in her face by pinching the bridge of his nose, nails digging in to the point of painful. The Elf had gone through so many emotions in such a small amount of time Ethan wasn’t quite sure how to keep up. Ethan was about to tell Aedan to grab Abby so they could just go already when she exited the mansion.

Ethan’s eyes darted all over her face as if she had somehow gotten hurt in the time that had passed and was looking for signs of distress. He relaxed when he saw none “That sounds like a great idea” pulling away from her for a second so he could link arms with her. He looked at Aedan with a sarcastic smile “While you’re looking through our greatest score why don’t you let Dez know I’ll meet him at the Hanged Man, I’ll be taking Abby home because paid or not, it has been a long day.” Ethan didn’t give Aedan enough time to answer before turning to Ashirana; “Oh and Ashirana” His smile turned sadistic jaw clenched with too many teeth showing. “Why don’t you make yourself disappear? I simply cannot fathom what could happen the next time you decide to make an appearance; so don’t.” He wasn’t sure she had even heard a word he just said, but as he continued forward he decided he didn’t care, Ashirana had been warned.

The first half of the walk home was silent, Ethan rubbing mindless circles over Abby’s knuckles. “I’m sorry about today” Ethan glanced at Abby from the corner of his eye voice just loud enough for her to hear. “I know fighting demons can’t be easy, no matter the circumstances” he continues squeezing her had at her response “I won’t say I understand, because I don’t, but you did an amazing job today and I can always talk to Leandra about needing you with us for Alaire’s job, I know he’d probably appreciate your presence over mine” Ethan grin is so wide his eyes are narrowed with the force of it “I think I frustrate him.” The grin softened to something more sincere at Abby's decision “Then it’s decided.”

When they are just outside the threshold of Gamlen’s house Ethan allows Abby to have her hand back as he reaches for the front door. He hesitates for a second “Let me know if you needed anything alright?” before opening the door. He steps aside to let her enter first calling out “Home!” when he closes the door behind him. An expression of annoyance crosses Leandra’s face before she can conceal it with surprise. “I thought you’d be coming home with Ellie”; Ellie perked up from where she was laying on the floor, seemingly undisturbed by the people entering but was now, as her name be called, listening intently. Ethan grinned shrugging off the undercurrent of anger in Leandra’s voice “We were propositioned by a very nervous man! How could I refuse?”

Ethan left not long after that explaining that he was meeting a friend at a Tavern as he bandaged up his arm. It took slightly longer then he originally expected, of course, as Leandra lectured him about the uses of chainmail and “Why have it if you aren’t going to use it” but with a quick “I’ll wear it on my next job, I promise.” He was setting off for the Hanged Man with Ellie, who had been told to go home during their lunch break, had no longer be willing to stay home. Something Ethan understood completely. What he didn’t understand was how the walk to the Hanged Man had been entirely uneventful. Not a single person attempted to relieve him of his items, which was really too bad. With a sigh Ethan pushed open the door to the Hanged Man, oh well alcohol could be just as good as adrenaline.

A P P R O V A L

full
ABBY HAWKE - 100
full

full
AEDAN HAWKE - 100
full

full
ALAIRE DU LAC- 75
full

full
NAJA VALASTE- 50
full

full
DEZRIDOR VETRIS - 52
full

full
ELENA WOLF - 50
full

full
DRYNNE MAHARIEL - 50
full

full
ASHIRANA - 25
full

full
ARSTEN VAEL - 50
full
Approval Guide

| - Neutral 50 - |

Captain Valaste

The Hanged Man was busy tonight as usual. Bubbling laughter and the monotonous drone of many people talking at once could be heard through the front door of the tavern, above which a large statue of a man hanging by his feet swung softly in the night's cold breeze. It was an art piece that had been installed in a darker time of Kirkwall's history, and over the years the statue and the tavern had become somewhat iconic.

The Hanged Man was a popular destination for natives and visitors alike, and it was situated in a convenient place for both the residents of Lowtown and the constant influx of sailors taking advantage of Kirkwall's docks. The tavern's sticky floors where made of an old wood that creaked under your feet with each step, the walls were covered in a mysterious grime that everyone knew better than to question, the body-odor of Lowtown's filthiest hung in the air like a cloud that never dissipated no matter how few patrons the establishment held, and the tavern's signature lager tasted like piss on a good day. But still, despite all its shortcomings, the Hanged Man had its charming qualities. The drinks were cheap, their famous 'Pig Oat Mash' could cure any hangover, the occasional live music filled the place with a gay ambiance, and the rooms weren't too bad either... as long as you weren't terribly picky.

The usual clamor of music, the sounds of shuffling feet, raucous laughter, and the light clink of coins filled the air as Naja savored the taste of her beverage. She had been staying at the tavern for a while now and already had a usual seat, a small table in the back corner from which she could prop her feet up and enjoy the musicians as they played. She took a look at her drink, swishing the dark burgundy liquid with the stem of her wine glass.

It wasn't wine; in fact, it wasn't liquor at all. Naja never drank alcohol. It wasn't for morals, it wasn't that she wanted to keep her mind sharp for battle, or that she wanted to play the part of the pretentious lady who looked down on such low-class behaviors. No, none of that. She simply hated the taste and hated the way it made her feel even more. Still, a part of her wishes she could imbibe like the rest of the sailors or assassins she had spent her life around. On a night like tonight, she needed some sort of distraction to lessen the anger that burned like a fire in the depths of her heart.

Lucky, you bastard! She thought to herself, downing the rest of her pomegranate juice in a single gulp and licking her lips in satisfaction.

In less than an hour, she had a duel to participate in behind the Chantry in Hightown and she still hadn't seen anyone capable enough of being her second, or anyone she could rely on as a witness. After all, if things went south, their job would be to assist her in the fight. Mostly everyone in the tavern right now were as drunk as a group of fiddlers, stumbling around the room and singing merrily along to the tunes being played.

Just then a newcomer presented himself, he was young, fit, and best of all wasn't drunk... yet. Naja watched the young man as he walked to the bar, and got herself up from her comfy position to stand beside him as he ordered.

"Put that on my tab," she announced to the bartender, Corff, once the red-haired man had picked his poison. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Captain Naja Valaste of 'The Speedy Serpent,'" she said, taking off her hat to demonstrate a rather ostentatious bow and hoping her thick Antivan accent wasn't too off-putting. "You look like the sort of man who knows how to wield a weapon for some coin. You are a mercenary, yes?" She smiled as Corff sat the man's drink down on the countertop. "I have a job available if you are interested, and coin in want of spending if you have some friends who are available to assist."

A P P R O V A L

full
ETHAN HAWKE - 50
full

full
AEDAN HAWKE - 50
full

full
ABBAGAIL HAWKE - 50
full

full
ALAIRE DU LAC - 50
full

full
DEZRIDOR VETRIS - 50
full

full
ELENA WOLF - 50
full

full
DRYNNE MAHARIEL - 50
full

full
ASHIRANA - 50
full

full
ARSTEN VAEL - 50
full

full
ZAEVRIEL - 50
full
Approval Guide

| - Neutral 50 - |

Last edited:
Dezridor "Quill" Vetris
IMG_0397.PNG

The Mansion could have gone better but it could have gone worse. However what stood now was another moment of getting by the best one could as Kirkwall moved into another time, the guard will no doubt catch word of what went on earlier tonight even if only slim details and references to various sounds being heard. A investigation will possibly take place and any slight detail or hint of demons, a feint scent of demons being caught if such a thing were possible meant the involvement of Templars.......

No.... Even if nothing was certain about Templar involvement, the man known as Quill couldn't have it and he wouldn't have it. The benefit of his position was vantage point and from his position came opportunity to obscure and get out ahead of this potential issue, a even bigger concern for mages, only another possible black eye on innocent citizens of Kirkwall who shared a touch of magic, of fade sense, of dreams unlike those of others. Which meant in this closer to home situation that Abby Hawke was at more risk then others if any such Templar presence was called upon or unwanted yet there at the mansion or near it. Call it paranoia but the dwarf liked to remain ahead of the game, ahead of the potential headaches and unfortunate circumstances that could follow him or others into the near or distant future. Even if nothing shall pass he'd still sleep better knowing all angles were covered and his new allies and pals were safe.

It wasn't for earning their trust and far be it from ever being known.... But wether he was trusted or liked or both or not, the dwarf would see obscurity place the unwanted further at bay. Which was the moments in time that Dezridor had filled by gathering members of his network to meet him at his room at the hanged man before Ethan's arrival. The network was a useful collective of various sorts and backgrounds working under one united banner, a small army of spies and capable hands that this Quill was all too familiar with over the several years even if this Kirkwall variant or branch was different from the original crew he once formed long ago.

As the dwarf sat in relaxed, lay back position in his dwarven stone carved chair that only accented the themed room of his people, a noticeable lean on his left arm as it rested upon the arm of his fair sized chair at the back of his desk with a host of stone shelves and books behind him. While two dwarves both with tattoos upon their faces and dark hair with trimmed full beards stood before the desk of Quill, serious eyed and quiet of voice, they simply and knowingly of how to act around Dez took proper moods and straight of face demeanors as the man handed down specific instructions to them, using coded words in place of obvious clues to his intent in order to keep it all under wraps and from prying ears, nosy beings as they passed by or neared from stairs..... It would all just sound like normal dwarven conversation to the unknown heads bobbing on by the room.

The meeting lasted for a time but more brief then one may expect, before Dez closed his eyes and tight lipped his voice with a followed dismissal of his hand, signaling to the dwarves to take care of this matter and ensure its success while they leave the room now and not a moment later. While Dez could be rather playful, sarcastic and flirtatious he could also be tight lipped and devious, methodical, political and quite serious, the network was his collective, the code was clear and that was if any were caught then none would be recognized and they would be disavowed, a action thought tough but necessary, a sacrifice needed for the cause and one like that in which he took long ago and still lived with to this day. Such as why Dezridor Vetris was no more to most living today or since then, ritual and customs aside of course, save for a few he allowed to call him as such. Why most knew him as Quill.....

So the two men knew the task and knew what shall pass if they fail. Meanwhile as they departed from his room Dezridor with closed eye peered from a slim opening and looked in gaze toward the small fire that danced atop a wax tower upon his desk while music played down stairs reaching his ears, whilst Matilda lay upon the bookshelf behind him underneath a painting hanging on the wall as his fingers rhythmically tapped along to the tune playing in the tavern tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back