[Closed] City of Blood [5e Eberron]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharn: City of Blood A noir murder mystery.

The hook:
The invitation comes by messenger, it seems your old acquaintance Steel-Eye Dixon has bit off a bit more then he can chew and needs some extra hands. He won't say what in the missive, but written on the back of his business cards, is less then a dozen words.

Apartment in Broken Arch, Middle Dura. Just look for the watch.
Dixon

If he's calling in a favor, you know its serious.

The lowdown:
This is going to be a pbp game on the castle in the mist discord server. It is a detective murder mystery one shot, where you are going to have to do some investigating. So unfortunately if you want a hack and slash adventure not the game for you. However if you want to write lengthy posts about digging through a pile of garbage for evidence, character creation is as follows.

Starting level: 4
All official classes | backgrounds | races are allowed. The story takes place in Eberron however so try to stick lore please.

Players: 2-3 to keep things moving

Stats will be rolled, anything totalling under my magic number and you can reroll.

Starting equipment can be bought with starting gold+1d10*25 you also get a common magic item.

So hit me up with your character ideas and quite possibly how you know Steel-Eye Dixon. Maybe you served with him in the war; he saved you from a bad situation; maybe word just got around. Either way he needs a reason to contact your group.

Voltrox leans against the hotel's foyer doorway, facing outward while smoking a cigarette in the cool night breeze. A cat walks by, illuminated in the orange haze of a street lamp. He sighs, ashes the cigarette, and looks up at the night sky.

His mind was full of possibilities—would he make a know-it-all College of Lore bard? The thought was enticing. After all, who wouldn't want someone like that on their team? Maybe he'd go for a soft-spoken Warforged cop type instead. One who could really walk the beat. Make sure this town full of criminals and lowlifes stayed on the right track. Maybe he'd just roll the dice and let fate decide...

In any case, he figured he'd toss his hat in the ring for this gig. And why not? He had nothing to lose, but everything to gain. He drops the smoke and stomps it out with the heel of his boot. The cat meows. He shakes his head at it, turning back into the foyer. All that was left to do now was wait.

Rune was writing his homework when he heard that fateful sound. His phone buzzed, twice in a short burst in an unmistakable way. Discord notification. He glanced at it for half a minute, before thinking to himself oh boy here we go again!

A new D&D game, with a new character, in a world he was interested in since the moment he heard of it. Just what he needed in these trying times. Thoughts began to race in his head. Eberron... Perhaps a warforged? A private detective? A warforged private detective? Or is everyone going for a warforged when the setting is Eberron? Perhaps a Shifter? Perhaps he should try something else. The decision has to wait for now.

There's no harm in signing up for a new game, he surmised. So he clicked the link, began reading, and his jaw dropped the moment he saw the first post of a potential fellow player. Is this the effort that is now expected of him? Should he follow suit? Should he just write something short and quick, as usual? Or should he follow the new standard? Will he be found inadequate if he doesn't? Will he find himself inadequate? So he let out a deep sigh as he began typing. Oh boy, here we go again!

Last edited:
The internet. A trash heap, but...no, pretty much a trash heap. But one I just couldn’t quit. I’d been here since I was a brat, and I’m likely to be here until the day I die. That’s just the reality of things.

But there’s good spots too, if you know how to look for them. Gotta keep your eye out, know the right people, know where to look. But if there’s one thing growing up with the internet has taught me, it’s knowing how to find things. Hence I’d found myself with a regular’s spot at Castle in the Mist, one of the foremost spots when it comes to pbp dnd.

I was sitting in my spot when I saw it. Somebody had put up a new ad. New ads came and went, but not all of them caught my eye. This one though...I nibbled on the end of my chocolate cigarette and considered it. Eberron, huh? Pay was likely to be good—a chance to play in an intriguing setting, a game full of fun.

Sure, there was a matter of characters, but I had several ideas by the time I’d finished reading the ad. Maybe Steel-eye Dixon had gotten me out of trouble with a bunch of criminals, and now I’d tried to go legit, despite my sticky fingers. Maybe I was an artificer who’d been framed for murder, only for Dixon to prove who the real culprit was.

Yeah, I thought, faking a drag on my chocolate cigarette before I wrote down my name. Why the hell not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back