[Closed] [5e] Tales of Ikhorus

Styrium

Game: 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons

Player Count: 4-5 players

Description:
Around one and a half centuries ago, Thynatos Tiankil became the king of Ikhorus after the death of the former king, Silas Davurnal the last of his lineage. Under his ruling, the kingdom flourished and entered a long period of peace with the neighboring territories, a necessary period after the constant wars started during Davurnal ruling. Thynatos, the Horned Ruler, didn't only cease the wars, he raised the amount of security in all settlements (stopping the once common raids and pillaging), the wilderness has been pushed back and thrived in its own territory, making travel between the bastions of civilization much more dangerous.

Character Creation:
Starting at 2nd lvl;
Milestone Leveling.
Stats: Heroic Array [16, 15, 14, 12, 12, 8]
Races: Most races from PHB, MToF, SCAG, VGtM, EEPC + Tortles. No monstrous races, or monstrous-adjacent races (like drow, duergar, gith, kenku, shadar-kai or lizardfolk) as they're killed on sight. No flying; No V.Human.
Classes / Subclasses: Any published.
Backgrounds: Anything official, except faction agent and far traveler; no custom backgrounds.
Other details: Let's try to stay on the brighter shades of gray (and no evil alignments). The worshipping of Bahamut, Tempus and Tyr is illegal - not stopping you from doing it, just don't announce it everywhere you go.

Looking for: Players interested in exploring and interacting with the setting. Post what you'd like to play and, after the post is closed, I'll work with each of you to flesh out those backstories and tie them to the kingdom before we properly start the game. The characters don't need to know each other before the start of the game.

Game style: This is a sandbox game set in the kingdom of Ikhorus. This campaign should be enjoyed by the players. For now, the campaign is mostly focused around social - the inner workings of the kingdom are pretty layered and dynamic - and exploration, without ignoring combat, since this world is dangerous.

House Rules:
  • Modified side initiative: Individual Initiative rolls will determine which players go before and after the monsters, but players may otherwise take their turns in any order.
  • Natural 20s and 1s only affect attack rolls.
  • Item identification: Attuning to an item that requires attunement will reveal its properties. Other magic items must be identified magically, or through experimentation/investigation. Potions will hopefully be labeled, but can likewise be investigated with an alchemist’s kit or Identify. Strong curses may not be learned through Identify.
  • Moving in Diagonals costs 5 - 10 - 5 - 10

Meeeee! But willing to give up a spot for people without current games.

I like sun soul monk, horizon walker ranger, or some kind of warlock, but willing to adapt to party needs.

I'll chip in, I still need to play sorcerer at some point. Willing to step aside for newer players as well.

I'd be interested, but I'm in a few games already so I'm willing to give my spot up as well if need be. But this sure sounds interesting! I'd like to play a barbarian, because that'd be a 180° compared to every single character I played before.

Last edited:
Heyo, interested in playing a Bard, a jack of all trades out to see the world that tends to get in over his head. Or a druid or Barbarian, someone from these wild spaces between settlements.

Last edited:
Would love to play! I usually fill in for groups like these so I can play anything. But I would love to play a (eventually battlemaster) fighter or a cleric if need be.
Thinking either a halfing or elf, but no promises on that.

Last edited:
Okay, so I think I'll stick with the first five, since Darkhorse is in more games (or at least more game roles in discord). Hope none of y'all get petrified!

I'll put my hand up as interested; had a look through the existing thread, and it looks like a fun adventure so far. Thinking of trying out a Tortle Monk.

Users who are viewing this thread