Cloak & Dagger AKA Elias Desmond

The J

I'm trying, damn it
Alias: Cloak & Dagger

Legal Name: Elias Desmond

150519390.jpg

Under his villainous guide, Elias constantly keeps his face covered with at least a thin covering of his force field, leaving him looking like nothing more than a silhouette beneath his clothing

Powers/Signature Move: Elias can control a fluid force field around himself. When it's on but he isn't actively controlling it, it forms an approximately inch-thick covering over his skin, of an opaque, matte black (though he can see through it of course). The true use of the power comes in how he can manipulate it - he has absolute control over its shape, though its volume is constant. He can thin in in one area, for example, to create an extremely sharp spike, or even a shield to cover an ally. Control over the force field can allow him flight, or to lift other objects into the air.

Power Limitations:The force field has a constant volume, so if it becomes spread out it will be thin, therefore weaker. It can't exactly be broken, however with sufficient force objects can force their way through it. A 9mm bullet will be easily stopped as long as the force field isn't spread very thin, however even when it's only covering Elias' body, something like an artillery shell would most likely kill him outright. The approximate limit for what the body covering can withstand would be something like a .50 calibre round, though this could be stopped if he was to thicken the force field in the right area.

Abilities: 

- Military training, including tactics, discipline and weapon usage

- Keeps very fit, up to and above US army standard

Weapons/Gadgets/Tech:

- Not much more than his phone.

Weaknesses: can't do anything offensive with the force field without weakening his own defenses, and is only a squishy human underneath it.

Rank in A.S.: Lieutenant

Short Backstory: Elias, like his brother is now, was once in the military, planning to be a medic. He was dedicated, and little got to him, taking everything his drill sergeant threw at him in his stride. He couldn't even get to deployment before he was drafted into a special program created by the department of defense. Men like Elias were selected to be put into trials to give them powers, from an extremely powerful hero that worked with the government in secret, that could donate powers to them.

Elias gained his power easily enough, but he hated that he would be forced to be solely fighting, rather than helping his squad as a medic as he wanted. After many arguments with his superiors and the signing of much paperwork, he managed to get lucky with an honourable discharge.

After leaving the service, Elias started training to become a doctor, and is currently finishing his residency for such. He joined AS, in the hopes that the likes of Lux could lead the world into a better, if harsher place.

Basic Personality: Elias is typically bright, kind, and cheerful but has a hidden bitter, angsty, and a bit moody side when pushed.  Deep down he is more sweet, considerate, and caring than he lets on, his true self is being buffeted by the storm inside him. With maturation, he has the potential to be one of the sweetest men alive. He is very overprotective of  any woman he loves, though he also takes care of all his loved ones and is fiercely loyal to anyone he considers family or friend unless they mistreat him. Though he has no other passions or motivation aside helping others through modern medicine, Elias does put his best foot forward in whatever he attempts and is very reliable. Though a bit immature himself, he is worlds maturer than most 25-year-old's despite the fact he is two years younger than her, though also less motivated and joyous as well. One could consider him very boring if they were to see his daily routine.  He is also a bit more in tune with others people's feelings, which is why he senses something amiss with Cheryl, though it is still clouded by his feelings for her. He is usually quite calm and nonchalant about many things, unless Cheryl is involved. He doesn't think what Cheryl feels for him is actually love, but hopes for the best with her anyway. He fears his love for Cheryl is not enough, and that doubt isn't particularly unmerited...

[SIZE= 12px]This is mostly surface-level, however. Deeper inside, he harbours a philosophy that almost all those who are rich are greedy bastards, who only take and never give back to society. They're overpaid, and all the money that they have could be far better used by almost anyone else - Elias himself included. He's not afraid to use violence and destructive force to get what he wants.[/SIZE]

Family: 

Mother - Dr. Arianna Desmond

Father - Dr. Aesop Desmond

Brother - Elimiel Desmond

Allies: AS, to an extent

Enemies: GSUN

Theme song:

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I'd see is perhaps having a limit to how much it can take at once. For example, I'd be okay with him surviving a bullet, but I'm not sure I'm okay with him being able to stand in the middle of a group of people with ARs, shooting him, and him coming out unscathed.

Perhaps the shield automatically strengthens itself where needed? That way, a single bullet could be survived, but not a whole ton at once.

The only thing I'd see is perhaps having a limit to how much it can take at once. For example, I'd be okay with him surviving a bullet, but I'm not sure I'm okay with him being able to stand in the middle of a group of people with ARs, shooting him, and him coming out unscathed.

Perhaps the shield automatically strengthens itself where needed? That way, a single bullet could be survived, but not a whole ton at once.

Honestly, I'd say the way you do it could be even stronger in certain situations. Under my system, if someone shoots him with something like a .50 cal sniper rifle or such, then unless he's focusing on strengthening it because he knows where it's coming from, he's fucked. Under yours, he'd be pretty much unscathed.

You see the main idea of how the shield works is that things either get through and damage him, or they don't at all. The essential idea is that he's what I'd call a "slaughterer" sort of super - very good against a lot of weaker people, but not nearly as effective against a single strong enemy, such as a superhero.

I'll even make the whole shield conductive, if you like.

Alright, that's fine. Does force carry through? Like, if he gets shot, even if the bullet doesn't pass through, will it still have stopping power?

Alright, that's fine. Does force carry through? Like, if he gets shot, even if the bullet doesn't pass through, will it still have stopping power?

Yes, however he can mostly counteract this by pushing the force field against it. He might be staggered for a moment, especially if caught off guard, but he can very easily recover and stop it from pushing him further back. Someone sufficiently strong might be able to just slam him into things, however they'd have to overcome the force the shield can output.

Alright, last two questions I think. Just clarifying the same thing really.

1. Let's say someone punches him in the face. Would his face roll with the punch, or would the fist stop upon contact?

2, Can the shield be worn down, or does it have to be broken in a single impact?

Alright, last two questions I think. Just clarifying the same thing really.

1. Let's say someone punches him in the face. Would his face roll with the punch, or would the fist stop upon contact?

2, Can the shield be worn down, or does it have to be broken in a single impact?

1) If it's unexpected, he'd roll. If not, he'd just stop it dead  unless they're super-strong or something.

2) It's not that it's "broken", only that an attacks, projectile, etc. manages to pass through. It will become much more sluggish to move though, if Damon is injured, tired, ill, etc.

It is worth noting that the best way to kill Damon is to use baiting tactics - let him attack you, then get him while his shield is thinner.

Alright. Last question (I swear, I keep thinking it's the last question; then I think of something new):

Is the shield always up passively, or does it take energy to keep it around him, even if it's much less than actively manipulating it.

Alright. Last question (I swear, I keep thinking it's the last question; then I think of something new):

Is the shield always up passively, or does it take energy to keep it around him, even if it's much less than actively manipulating it.

It doesn't take energy to keep it up passively, however if he wants to dash / fly / whatever with it, that does take energy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also after discussion with Minako, this character's undergoing... a few teeny, tiny changes.

I think it would also be fair if over time he practices, he can make it more durable. Love the power though. Sounds fun.

XD oh Lordy... @The J

you missed a Damon or two! XD

well we need to clear up his motivations with the AS but... XD dear Lord Rosie loves a villain! 

This is why you only love Biscuits, they'll never leave you.

They're never gonna give you up.

Never gonna let you down.

Never gonna run around and desert you.

They're never gonna make you cry,

Never gonna say goodbye,

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

All it takes to be original is to put a word in front of a preexisting power? You just gimmick up an old power? Is that it?

All it takes to be original is to put a word in front of a preexisting power? You just gimmick up an old power? Is that it?

I'm not going to dignify this with a response if you're going to be hostile. Talk to me on the Discord if you want to discuss this.

Mayyyyybe be a bit more obvious next time. Text as a medium is pretty poor at showing tone.

@The J Welp, as long as you remember the last we saw or heard of Elias he was arguing with Cheryl over being mean to a stranger and confused why Roise brought him a cake I'd say you're good to go D//x;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back