Other Clarification on some terms

Jordan-RP

I've been looking around the forum and I'm coming across a couple of terms I'm not 100% on. Can you help?

OC or OC's: This one I have a good idea of. It means Original Characters, right? As in characters that you have created?

Doubling: I don't know what this means, it seems to be used in different contexts in the threads I have seen.

Thank you!

Original characters, correct.

Doubling means they will play a role for you and you will play a role for them, alongside your main character. Mostly used for romantic coupling.

Example: You play a male OC who gets in a relationship with a female Canon character and in return you also play a male canon character for your partner's female OC.

From X-men:

You play OC-A and Wolverine
They play OC-B and Jean Grey.

Doubling can also mean just playing more than one character.

As In.

Susie likes to double because she thinks it fleshes out the story when there are more than two characters.

This is usually used in the context of 1x1s specifically.

In this example Susie and You both play more than one character.

---

Imaginarium is also correct in that some 1x1 roleplayers mean doubling in a sort of character ratio sense. This is usually found in romance roleplays specifically ( which in fairness are a good chunk of all 1x1s )

In this case Susie say - I want you to play a male and I'll play a female for you. Or Susie says I want you to play X character and I'll play Y character of your choice.

The idea being that you both want the same type of romantic pairing.

So example if Susie is offering to play a female if you play a male. She is assuming that you also want a malexfemale pairing.

If Susie is offering to play an OC if you play a Canon than she is assuming you both want to do a Canon x OC pairing.

And so on and so forth. Typically speaking whatever roles the person doing the romantic doubling is offering to play are the roles they think you want to play in return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back