• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy City of Magic [5/7 spots taken] Closed For Now

Lekiel

Two Thousand Club
Supporter
RP Based off the World of Andarun: ANDARUN - A World Reborn (wip)

Interest Check: A Tale From Andarun - Small Grp Detailed

OOC: City of Magic OOC

New Characters Submission: City of Magic Characters

~City of Magic~​

Due to the nature of this RP, the details of the story differ slightly, depending on the Homeland and class of your character. For simplicity's sake, the default alignment of your character will be 'The Dominion of Arya'. You may however, pick any nation. If you'd like to stick to the story strictly, Bloodsworn or Aryan characters are suggested, but not mandatory.

Character Gender's available: -

. . . . | . . . .​

It started in the most peculiar of ways. Though perhaps not the most unusual, depending on how you see it. A border town, within the northmost reaches of the Dominion comes across a decaying body of a soldier floating down the stream. Now, such floaters though very rare, was not unheard of by villagers. The truce between the three kingdoms opening up travel throughout the lands, giving the keys to errand adventurers to go out treasure seeking. This floater would have simply been dismissed as another stupid hapless soul, had 'he' (if you could give dead bodies gender) been discovered by simply folk.

But as fate would have it, a particularly enthusiastic patrol captain and his men spotted the body as they were making their last rounds for the shift. Excited at the unusual sight (now, you must forgive him as patroling borders can be really boring as of late; the most action a Dominion soldier would have these days would be to see their Bloodsworn counterparts and hurl insults at the pointy ears. Unless one were placed within Wretched infested territory, but that's besides the point). Now, upon recovering the body and searching it, our dear captain discovered a tattered map carefully rolled up in a worn but otherwise intact leather casing, effectively protecting it from the stream waters. Eyeballing the corpse, our dear astute Captain deduced that this man was no simple adventurer. Though very much faded, one could assumed that he wore the colours of sorts. The body belonged to a soldier (there were also other trinkets found on the body to confirm the suspicion). Though from which army was the question.

Fast forward a month or so (cause I'm really lazy at story-telling), the body and map now resides within the walls of Midranthos, capital of the glorious Dominion. Ambassadors from the other two regions had all but confirmed that the soldier belonged to neither one of their armies. Embroiled within their own internal politics, the Vanharen and Aryan Lord was quite intent on dismissing the peculiar situation; that is until their Bloosworn counterpart remarked that the map depicted a region towards the north of his Kingdom. Mr. Vanharen snorted the claim away and took his leave, all dramatic with his green smoke and eerie theatrics.

Now, one must understand, that the people of Andarun understand, that their world does not end beyong the Skyreach Mountains north of the Bloodsworn. One should understand however, that it is extremely difficult and nigh impossible to cross said mountain range; as only a very small handful of people have ever done so. Reports of what lay beyond, was simply that of a winter wonderlan- I mean, desolate landscape, with nothing to offer.

Long story short, Mr. Bloodsworn happened to know of some relatives who had been across the mountain range, (oooh destiny oooh plotfixing! oooh!) and thought it would be interesting to see what they could find. Mr. Arya, acting very "Arya-like" was not impressed that Bloordsworn had made up his mind based on Arya's own findings. Hence, he declared that he too will send an emissary to the north.

You my friends will be playing an Aryan hero chosen by the Aryan Lord to partner on this expedition ^-^! It is worth noting that officially, the three kingdoms have no interest whatsoever to see what lies beyond the mountain range. The Bloodsworn have sent expeditions many many many years prior (though not very far north) and have seen nothing worth the cost (both monetary and lives) lost, and still maintain that view; the ambassador really just thought he'd send someone on a whim with zero expectations... cause... fate.

The Aryans are in this because the Lord just didn't like the idea of someone potentially benefiting themselves at his expense (no matter how minuscule the possibility). How he decided to choose your character is up to you, as well as your character's personal motivations for going on the trip.

I will be playing a Bloodsworn guide, one of a rare few people who has traveled into the Northlands *-*!

~Character Application~​

For this RP, you may choose any of the 'normal', 'special' or 'elite' classes.

Just a basic character skelley will do, as below:

Name:

Homeland: (The Bloodsworn, Arya, Vanharen)

Race:

Class:

Equipment: (Please be mindful of the limit one person can carry ^_^ ; )

Appearance: (at least 3 lines, include a picture if you have one. Otherwise, add more description to define your physical features)

Personality: (Optional, can be discovered through the story anyway ^^)

Character Background: (Character background and history)
. . . . | . . . .
~THE CHARACTERS~​

• full
    . . . . | . . . .​

Last edited:
~PROLOGUE~

One Week Ago "Seler`Tanadris, amin sal rangw`uuma mankoi amin aut`caela!" The younger of the two women cried, wringing her hands in the air as she turned away. She crossed her arms over her chest, a frown on her face as she fixed her eyes on a painting hanging by the wall of their house. An Isilhin warrior sat astride his stallion, leading a charge into a horde of Wretched, backed by the colourful pennants of his clan and allies. His features were clearly depicted, but the cleanliness of his facade was far from the scarred and battleworn lines of Father; if ever she could address him in such a familial manner.

"Talyndra... Saes last`amin." The other replied, gently but firmly, her voice pleading. She reached out to grasp the shoulder of her step-sister, trying to get her to turn back. A servant dressed in a neat but subdued dress glanced curiously from a balcony overlooking the immaculately decorated living room. On the wall, just behind where the two sisters stood, a pair of crossed runic elven blades - the family heirloom - glinted in the warm glow of the elemental lanterns.

"There are many other rangers who know the area! Why can't you send them? I'm sure they can attempt the crossing!" The protest was spoken in commons, though Talyndra still refused to turn around. At first glance, both women were starkly different, as night was to day. One with long flowing golden locks and olive skin while the other was fair, pale skin so translucent it almost seemed to gleam like the moon. But while the younger woman had let her brown hair flow freely, gently cascading about her shoulders, the other had pinned her long dark hair back out of her face; a common conduct of someone in her line of work.

"Ile sinta`tanya naa a'risa." The older woman sighed. "We are perhaps the only two who has ever gone beyond the Skyreach and traversed the wilderness... I mean, there are the others... but I doubt any amount of gold would make them attempt that pass again. I would've gone myself but-"

"You can't. Your duties won't let you..." Talyndra interrupted, her voice flat. She was resigned to her task, there was only so much she could argue. In truth, she knew there was no other way. She had only resisted just because she felt she had to say something. Turning around finally, she gave her sister a hug. "I don't know if I can do this, seler. I've always had you to back me up. Out there, I will be on my own... I've heard your tales of adventure and everything and I'd always longed to go.. but now that it's in front of me.."

"You'll be fine, don't worry. If I'd had the slightest thought you aren't capable, I would not have suggested you to go." Tanadris smiled as she embraced her sister. Then stepping back, she grinned. "Besides, I think its time you took a breath of fresh air away from your books. You really do need to get out you know? I heard the Deadlanders are sending a lady, and there'll be two edans from Arya. They're not all big hairy and bad, little sister.. lighten up, put on your best smile, wriggle your hips and you might make a friend or two!"

"Seler!! I'm not that bad!"

~Near Present: Night Before Meeting~

Sleep did not come early for Talyndra. It wasn't that her mind was troubled or anything. She just felt the urge to keep moving. Her Mentor at Hearthfire Academy had given her an early leave, and as such she had made her way to the neutral town of Haven and stayed at the Three Dragons Tavern; which was to be their meeting point. She had been waiting and resting for a couple of days so energy-wise, she wasn't all that tired. After a quick bath (she knew it would probably be one her last in quite a while) she changed and settled in for the night. Writing in her spellbook, which she used as a journal by lamplight, she finally fell asleep just before midnight.

When she opened her eyes, it was still dark. Pushing aside her bedcloths and stretching away the last vestiges of sleep, Talyndra drew apart the curtains to stare out the window. The pale warm glow of dawn was just edging over the horizon and she took a moment to breathe in the fresh air. Not for the first time, she wondered again about the nature of her task. All she knew was that she was to guide three others into the Northlands, further even than she had been before. What they would really find, was shrouded in mystery. Most people did not know the lands past the jagged ridge of razor sharp mountains known as 'The Knife'. It was only because her sister was one of the few surviving members of an expedition to the North that Talyndra knew about it. After many of the rangers perished trying to cross the Swerdrun, those that survived vowed to never return. Except for Tanadris. Having an indomitable spirit, the then ranger vowed that she would never be beaten by a mere mountain range. When she knew that her younger step-sister had a hypersensitivity for feeling shifts in the elemental planes, Tanadris devised a crazy but ultimately, successful plan to cross the range. Even then, the two sisters had only successfully crossed the jagged mountain pass twice. The elf let out a sigh as she burried her worries, then she turned and gathered her things.

It took almost an hour but finally, she finished organizing their trip, sending a courier raven off to the airship captain in Fairgale that they were due to arrive by evening the same day. Nevertheless, the sleep she had was refreshing and Talyndra was more than eager to be on her way. She had changed out of her day clothes and was now wearing the robes of her calling. Whatever the occasion, she had always felt more comfortable in the ivory dyed moonstrand and leather bodice of her Storm Maiden robes. The dress-robe was also one of her greatest pride and joy; she had personally seen to its design and had also painstakingly infused its threads with warding magic.

Settling into a chair in the near empty taproom of the tavern, she ordered a simple brunch of water, bread and dried fruit while she waited for noon.

~Present: Sometime in the Afternoon~

The elf stood fidgeting impatiently as she stood on the porch of the tavern. Leaning forward with her chin resting on the palm of one hand and the fingers of the other drumming the wood of the balcony restlessly, she cast her eyes about, searching for someone. One of the four Bloodsworn rangers who had joined her glanced over at the elf, a frown creasing his otherwise smooth forehead, as he and his companions sat astride their mounts.

Technically, none of the other three represantatives weren't yet late, but the elf was not one with ample patience. Of course there wasn't any real need to hurry, but that fact did little to still her fidgety nerves. She knew what her sister would say, she would tell her to be more patient. But Talyndra could not help it, she was unlike most elves, who were supposedly known for their patience and calm conduct. Talyndra snorted unwomanly at the thought.

A chill wind swept across the front, and despite the fact that it was a little past noon, the air was pretty cold. Clouds drifted past, obscuring the sun as dried autumn leaves swept across the compound. Talyndra tugged her pale green cloak closer about her, stared down the pathway and immediately noticed a figure approaching the tavern.

~Translations~

Language of the elves phrased from Common to Elven -

Tanadris my sister, I don't get why I have to go!

Talyndra... Listen to me please.

You know that is not true.

Seler - Sister

Edan - human

Last edited:
A wrinkle formed between his brows as he wonders what should be packed. On the table was a horrible disarray. Luis had not expected it to be so hard to prepare for the King’s expedition. Whenever he journeyed, it was always done with an abundance of research, and a solid objective. But now, he was lost, as he had no idea what would await him in the winter lands. The day before, Luis had gone to the library, only to return, for the first time, empty handed.

Across from him, Adorra laid on her arms as she stared up at the turmoil her brother was in. She smiled at him, seemingly gleeful at the sight. “Brother, I’ve never seen you so lost. I suppose the King lives up to his name, able to put you in such quandary with a single letter.” Adorra had contributed largely on to the mess on the ghastwood table. She had littered too many useless items would only burden him. It was apparent Adorra had never ventured far from home.

Suddenly, her tone changed. “But Brother, must you really go?” There was a certain worry in her eyes as she looked upon him. Perhaps the reality of Luis’ departure had just set in. “Mother and I wouldn't feel at ease without you here.”

Luis said nothing in return. Adorra watched him for a moment before sighing. “Oh, but do write would you?” She pushed ink and paper towards him, “surely you would find an eagle or even a pigeon to send your letters.”

“Yes.” He replied dryly. He would be leaving with a heavy heart, he knew his departure had dug up unwanted remainders of the past. Having packed the last of what he thought would be useful, he walked over to Adorra and planted a kiss on her cheek before going upstairs to say a farewell his mother. They only hugged promised a swift return. Today was not the first time they had discussed his journey, and there was not much left to say. Even she could not bid him to reject a king’s summon.

Luis left the house, and mounted his steed as he made for the tavern in which they were supposed to meet.

It would be a long ride.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As the structure came into view, his tired mount had become fatigued as he was. The man was weary before his travels even began, and he can’t help feeling that he might have made a mistake. On the porch, he saw an elven woman, with a slightly irritated expression on her impish face. Luis quickly remembered the contents of the letter, that his guide would be a young elven lady. Luis dismounted, ignoring his aching limbs as he walked over to who he expected was Talyndra. She seemed to have noticed him as he drew near.

“Lady Farandir?” He bowed. “Inquisitor Luis Hanar, at your service.” Luis took a seat at the nearby table. Usually, he would not do so, but he was really quite tired. He hoped his actions did not impose discourtesy.

Having spent most of her life in the Hearthfire Academy in Aran`Fadrasil, barely venturing any distance south meant that Talyndra had never met an Aryanite in her life. There had always been a significant amount of humans within the capital of the Bloodsworn, but most if not all of them, were Bloodsworn humans. She'd heard many a rumour about how Aryans that deserted the Dominion and sought refuge with the Bloodsworn had to wait several months in the border towns for all the excessive body hair to fall off and for them to be able to speak properly once more. Apparently one could smell an Aryan coming down the road from half a mile away, and they were a savage and war-hungry people; savage to the point that although they spoke in commons, no one could really understand what they were saying. Of course, with such rampant whisperings the only source of information Talyndra had, she wasn't sure what to believe. That being said, while most would've shied away from having anything to do with Aryans, Talyndra was actually rather curious and had longed to settle her curiousity. While most elves were inclinded towards upholding longstanding views and traditions, Talyndra often found herself having a more objective view of the world than her kin.

Thus, when the smoky eyed inquisitor rode up to her, she arched a surprised eyebrow when he bowed and rather courteously addressed her with a title in commons. Somewhat perplexed at the contradiction to the stereotype, she decided it was best to return the man's courtesy in a similar fashion.

"Mae govannen Loose Hanar. Well met. Yes, I am from House Farandir. You may call me Talyndra." Her alto voice lilted in a temporary lull in the breeze as she spoke, Talyndra crossed and open palm across her heart and curtseyed which was more of a formal Elven court greeting than one a Ranger would use on the road. She was phonically unfamiliar with the inflections of his name and thus the mispronunciation was somewhat unavoidable. She was well aware that it did not sound quite right, but was a little too self conscious to ask the human to repeat his name. The man promptly plopped himself on a nearby chair to another raised eyebrow. He did appear somewhat exhausted and though he did so uninvited, the unfolding meeting was turning out better than the spite filled greetings she had been fully expecting. Her chestnut brown orbs surreptitiously traced over the inquisitor's face immediately noticing the refined and clean-cut features. Definitely not big and hairy...

"We're... waiting on two more-" The elf began but was interrupted by the appearance of the third member of their company.

"Make that one..."

Last edited:

NADYA LOTHRIC
GoFk69C.png
The dim candle that barely illuminates her rented out small room only grants so much reading light for the Vackhan as she flips through a small book, her mind not even absorbing the information she reads as the pages pass. Moments such as this, where there was no thrill, nothing but silence, tired her out. The dullness of the stillness was unbearable for her, yet she can imagine Melora's melodic voice chiming through her ears, warning her to be more patient and understanding of the situation. 'Yet she's not here to stop me from feeling this way, is she?' She thinks to herself. As much as she would have loved to explore the town of Haven, outside of the confines of the place she'd taken refuge, Nadya was unsure whether the walk around would make her feeling of boredom worse. With a groan, she slams the book shut quickly and tosses it aside. The disheveled bed, her scattered equipment, and the thrown book were only small fragments of the evidence of Nadya's disorganized, seemingly-chaotic life, her impulsivity reflecting on nearly almost all aspects of her life. From the way she spoke, the way she acted, the way she dressed, the way she fought, it was obvious to those who paid attention to these clues that Nadya Lothric was not one to think before she acted. All this made worse by the dramatic flair she added to everything, a result of indulging in performing arts at a young age, due to her Heaten'hua culture.

Yawning, she throws her arms up in the air, stretching as far and as high as she could, the sounds of bones popping along with the refreshing comfort of muscles moving making her feel just a tad bit better. With a sigh, she leans back in her chair, closing her eyes, in hopes that her intrusive thoughts would take her and pass the time much more quickly, so that the meeting between those she would be accompanying to the Northlands would appear faster. It doesn't take long before the thoughts do, and they travel to the idea of her home. Surely her father had already passed away, the grief of his child abandoning him (not to mention the old age) most likely caught up to him. Nadya had no concern for that matter, it was his time anyways, all she wishes is that he died peacefully, surrounded by his friends. It was a bit unfortunate to realize that he would have had no family members or loved ones at his side, but Nadya's mind jumps over that as quickly as the topic had come up in her head. Reaching up to scratch the back of her head, she wonders to herself about her lack of guilt for anything: her disappearance, disgracing herself, Melora--

Swiftly, she opens her eyes again and gets up, and just as she had wanted, a good hour had gone by, and it was nearing the afternoon. After gathering her strewn paraphenilia and stuffing everything she could into her bag and making sure she had everything, she opens the door and makes her way to the porch of the tavern, the Three Dragons. As she walks, she can't help but question the name of the pub. "Why are there three dragons? Why aren't there one or two or four? Why dragons? Why do they have to name it something so harebrained?" Nadya mumbles to herself, perhaps a little too loudly. Despite the probability of the naming of the tavern being completely coincidental and having no real meaning, she took interest in questioning whatever, either for the hell of it or to just annoy others. Upon reaching the point, she takes notice of a few people already there, approaching an Elven woman and an Aryan man, who were engaging in the formalities of greetings. After the Elven does her curtsy, Nadya butts in with a smile as she drops her bag onto the ground. "A Vanharen, a Bloodsworn, and two Aryans walk into a tavern.. Ah, wait a minute..." Using her finger, she counts only the three of them, tsking at herself. "The other one isn't here, I can't say my joke just yet, then."

Last edited:
His breath began to slow as Luis listened to the elf introduce herself. She greeted him in elven language before addressing him again in commons, which he found to be quite… usual. She also seemed to be struggling with his name, which is a very common one. Luis had never needed to explain his name to anyone, but decided to oblige her, as the elf Talyndra was clearly struggling. “Loo-wiss.” His eyes danced around the tavern, and he was surprised to see a small figure emerge from the pub itself. “I did not think I would be the first one–I mean, the second to arrive.” Luis had thought he would surely be the last one, since he hadn't booked a room at the Three Dragons.

A woman, who appeared to be a heaten’hua, strode their way to them. Luis has read about the race of Vanharen, but never been face to face with one. From her untidy appearance, Luis did not think she was of nobility, but he withheld judgment. Instead of introducing herself, she instead tried to tell a joke. A rather unusual form of greeting, he thought. The lady seemed rather excited by her own joke. She seemed strange... to him. While commoners were more lax with their words, it was still peculiar for one to do so with strangers. But Luis did not hate that kind of oddity or straightforwardness, in his line of work, those are the virtues that often go amiss.

“Oh? I’m eager to hear it. Surely you could decide to indulge us, if not….” Luis looks upon the roads again, and stood from his chair. “I do hope he arrives soon. I’m Luis Hannar, an inquisitor. It’s a pleasure.” He smiled at her. Perhaps it was because she did not resemble an aristocrat, but Luis found his words came off lighter. Talyndra was certainly of noble birth, so there was a certain tension as he spoke to her, one where he must keep in line and mind his manners.

Con-Amore Con-Amore are you able to reply in my pm? Just curious cause you haven't said a word and i rmbred you mentioned you couldn't start a pm cause of the new member rule. I can't remember myself if that applies to pm's you're invited to. :3

Last edited:
Their introductions had been rather abrupt and formal does far (or at least for her and the Aryan inquisitor. The Deadlander had a way of making things light, which was ironic considering the undead played a big part of her culture.). Not wishing to delay any longer, Talyndra had signaled to the rangers to lead on. After ensuring everyone had a gathered their belongings and had a decent mount, the group took off towards the north-west border of Haven. Their destination, the town of Fairgale; a major Bloodsworn settlement that had grown into a decent sized town over the decades as trade routes opened up between the kingdoms. As the first largest town anyone traveling into Bloodsworn lands from Haven would encounter, a temporary skyship airfield was developed up on a grassy plain just north of the town. Over time, the airfield grew in size as more and more merchants took advantage of the transport to cut short many weeks of travel towards the Bloodsworn capital. Today, calling the town of Fairgale as a busy logistics hub would be a very modest description at the very least.

full

So it was, that as the sun was now barely visible over the tops of the trees, it found the group making their way over a well traveled winding road. The path was enclosed on both sides by tall ominous trees which seemed to grow taller and wider the further north they went; the canopy began to block out most of the late afternoon light shrouding the group in a kind of pale early evening glow. They had passed the border garrison just over an hour prior, the isilhin officer on duty waving them on after Talyndra had produced their official papers. They had been pushing their horses hard, and as they were nearing their destination the rangers slowed their pace to allow the mounts some rest. As this was the first time she was in such close proximity of two foreigners, Talyndra had been unsure how to react. The general consensus amongst many of her people had always been to shun and even despise any who didn't swear to the Bloodsworn Alliance. A stance which their four ranger escorts seem to subscribe to. Though they kept their own counsel for the most part, the four seemed to want to disassociate themselves from the others as much as they could. They trotted their horses a score feet ahead of the humans, occasionally breaking into a canter to maintain the distance, almost never glancing to see if the they kept up. Initially, Talyndra had kept her horse closer to the rest of her kin, though glancing back more than once to make sure they didn't pull too far ahead. Now that they had slowed down, she felt inclined to drift back towards where the Aryan and Deadlander was.

"We're almost at Fairgale.." The elf spoke after a while, before adding "I know some of you have been travelling for quite some time..." her brown eyes glanced at the inquisitor as she said this. "I promise this will be the last you'll see of the road. At least our next mode of transportation should be less tiring and more enjoyable... I hope." Talyndra wondered how they would take to flying. Not many people could stomach it, and she had on more than one occasion seen hardened grizzled battleworn warriors turn to a pile of shaky legged mess the moment they lifted off the ground.

Talyndra turned to regard the two humans, affording them a friendly smile before asking "So... anyone of you rode in a Skyship before?" As if on queue, there was a low rapidly beating hum coming from somewhere behind and above them, and before either of them could look up, there was a rush of wind as a Skyship dipped in low as it passed overhead, its lightsails glinting and gleaming in golden hues as it reflected the fading sun. The ship quickly moved out of view as it landed in a distant airfield, docking and perhaps unloading its cargo of trade goods and merchants.

"Welcome to Fairgale, first merchant town south of the Bloodsworn Alliance.. and our last stop before the Northlands..."

Last edited:

NADYA LOTHRIC
GoFk69C.png
Nadya shakes her head at the insistence of the Aryan man to hear her joke, putting the name to his face. Luis Hannar. Luis Hannar. Luis Hannar. Repeating his name like a chant, in order to remember it much more easily. "But is it really a pleasure? I'm sure you say that to everyone, don't you, Sir?" She puts a hand up, attempting to stop him from answering her question if he was ever going to do so in the first place. "Never mind, you'll hurt my feelings." Then, pointing to herself, and with an overdramatic curtsy, she introduces herself. "Nadya Lothric, at your service. Exotic traveler, doer of odd tasks, and now accompanying you all for this lovely expedition." Turning to the Elven woman, she straightens herself, and waves slightly, before letting herself follow everyone to wherever they were headed.

Truth be told, the roads they traveled were more or less monotonous and uneventful. The thrill-seeker was hoping for something more than just riding horses to some unknown land. Nadya lets out a loud yawn, stopping herself short when Talyndra begins to speak. 'It had better be more enjoyable than this, then.' Upon hearing the hum of what seemed to be heavy machinery, the Vackhan looks up expectedly, seeing a Skyship in all its glory. "Ho, can't say that I have ridden one before." Now things were beginning to take a turn for the better, her impish grin is hidden amongst the fabric of her veil and rags. 'Too bad you don't get to truly experience any of this, huh, Melora?'

"We're not staying here long, are we?"

Last edited:
Indeed, his companion was odd. Luis made a definite note of this as she chanted his name and asked him a question which she didn't hear the answer to. All for the better perhaps, he wasn't sure how to reply. Did the citizens of Vanharen not greet with pleasantries?

His attention was snapped back to their elven guide as she informed them to set off. The other elves, rangers, he notes, starts riding far more front than necessary. Luis mounted his own steed, though still a little sore, he was feeling better after the small talk. Luis hoped his horse was feeling just as well. He gripped the reins once again, and fell into line behind Talyndra and her companions.

The ride was slow and draining. The dense forest did not make travel any easier or lighthearted. He did notice Talyndra fell back from her brethren, out of consideration, or due to her obligations as their guide. She informs them that they will be using a new form of transportation. Luis only smiles back at the news. “Glad the horses would get some rest.” He silently hoped it was not by water or air, but he knew it would very likely be.

Finally the scouts stopped, and in front of them laid a gigantic mass of metal. An airship. He groaned internally. Luis was by no means sickly--at least not anymore. He could do cartwheels or even balance like a street performer if he wanted, but for some reason, transportation other than carriages did not sit well with him. Luis was no stranger to these machines, he often had to travel far to hunt for wretched cults or disinter valuable information. Regardless, he avoided them where he could.

Luis grimaced as they neared the ship. His Grulla seems to be happy to catch a break. He ran a hand under over the horse’s gray mane. “Now it’s my turn to distress.” He gave the animal a fruit from his pack, and promptly walked to the entrance.

"We're not staying here long, are we?"

"Indeed we are not Nadya. No longer than is necessary. I hope to take off before nightfall." Talyndra quipped to the Deadlander. Her speech in commons lilting and melodic, as she shook her head to emphasize her point.

. , ; ' ` ~ * ~ ` ' ; , . , ; ' ` ~ * ~ ` ' ; , .​
Before long, the winding roadway narrowed down to a cobbled pathway as the trees lining the street gave way to decent sized lodges and stalls. Peddlers and merchants hollered out their wares, a surprising variety of goods from even as far east as the exotic Heaten`hua desert spices. Talyndra smirked inwardly, no doubt the sight of the inflated prices of goods Nadya could easily get from her homeland, would raise an eyebrow or two. Forced to slow down due to the crowds, they moved along in a single file, hemmed in on all sides. Despite the place being situated within the borders of her homeland, the sight of the trading post was something of a new experience for the Storm Maiden; having spent most of her life within the Mages Academy back home.

Progress was slowed, but eventually, the crowds begin thinning... or rather, the roads began widening once more. However, instead of continuing on, the rangers took an abrupt turn and led them off the main path onto a grassy plain. The paving stopped to be replaced by a well traversed dirt path and before them, was the famous Fairgale airfield. Set out in a vale between two rocky hills and illuminated by the deep golden rays of the late afternoon sun was a sight to behold. Keeping to the town's namesake, periodic gusts of wind rushed unfettered across the open expanse. A gust of wind knocked the hood of Talyndra's cloak back, catching tendrils of her amber hair as she paused to take in the sight.

A multitude of gleaming Solean Lightsails of the anchored Skyships billowed in the wind, cheerily greeting them in the setting sun. On either side of them, the shouts of airmen preparing the decks could be heard as Skyships of all sorts floated a couple of feet off the ground. Most were merchant ships, there were even one or two bearing the markings of Dominion Officials, with their steam engines chugging away and puffing smoke. Curiously, Luis the Aryan Inquisitor stopped before one of the metal reinforced steel behemoths, and walked near the entrance as if about to go in.

"Heru en amin Luis Hannar, that is not the ship we seek. We Bloodsworn prefer our ships to be made of just wood.. it keeps our ships lighter and faster. No offense of course, metal is indeed more durable." The elf chuckled with a smile. "Come, its not much further."

Talyndra led the rest of the way in relative silence, until they neared the end. Walking past a particularly flamboyant galleon (complete with hanging tassels, who in the name of Anara woud add tassels to their skyship?), they suddenly beheld a majestic clipper. Its polished wood was etched with elemental runes and carved with cloud markings as its bow proudly bore a carved statue of a Wind Sprite. To any trained shipbuilder's eye, the skyship could only be described as an elegantly sleek masterpiece. And indeed it was, with its three broad masts and puffed up lightsails undulating against the wind, the ship looked as if it was straining to take off into the sky where it belonged. Along its front, spelled in hammered polished gold letters was the word Anarthiren. At the sight of the ship, Talyndra could not help as a wide grin brightened her face.

"This... is the Anarthiren, my sister's crowning glory and also our ride to the north!" She proudly declared to the humans. A quick glance around and Talyndra surmised that the four rangers had already arrived and gone on board. She wondered what they thought of her when she had drifted back to join the others. She knew they wouldn't dare question her actions, as she was their superior for the expedition. Even as that thought crossed her mind, she surprised herself by quickly shrugging it off. It did not matter what they thought. She ran an appreciative hand along the polished Heartwood hull before turning back to the Luis and Nadya, a gleam in her eye. "Come on up! Do not worry about your mounts, they will be accounted for."

She dismounted and hurried to the boarding plank. A bunch of hulking Nektara busy loading supplies looked up as the Elf passed, and waved in greeting. As they stepped onto the polished deck, Talyndra cupped her hands around her mouth and called out seemingly to no one in particular. Her gaze roamed across the breadth of the ship, as if searching for someone.

"Quel`andune! Nae saian luume'mellonamin Elheim el`Naral!" Her rich voice rang out above the chatter of the handful of sailors loading the last few supplies. They stood in the center of the deck, Talyndra settled her eyes expectantly at the ornate doors leading to the bridge, for a moment there was no answering call.

"Yallume! Aaye lirimaer, cormamin lindua ele lle Talyndra iel`Farandir!" A booming voice sounded from behind them. Talyndra gave a little cry of delight and turned to behold a smartly dressed Captain. Standing at over six feet, the man wore a dark forest green ship captain's coat, with emaculately polished silver buttons across his broad chest. A bicorn complete with white plumed feather sat on his head, and an elaborate rapier was tucked to his side where his hands currently rested. With his broad physical built, squarish jaw, deep set grey eyes and greying beard the Captain was quite clearly human. Though many weathered lines and even a scar decorated his visage, his eyes gleamed with a fire that would inspire the youngest of hearts.

Talyndra stepped forward to embrace the man and Elheim returned the favour with a warm bear hug. Releasing the petite elf who had a broad smile on her face he couldn't help but remark, "The last time I saw you years ago, you were this tall..." He bent slightly forwards and in a slightly mocking gesture, placed his hand atop the elf's head. "Oh... you were the same height! I guess you haven't grown much taller since. Pity, you were an early bloomer." Elheim feigned disappointment as he shook his head.

"Auta miqula orqu, Elheim!" Talyndra could not help it. She had always been sensitive about her height, though she wasn't particularly short, she nevertheless was on the lower end of the spectrum.

"Tsk, tsk... manners child, manners." The bearded man shook his head, though he could barely contain himself and let out a chuckle at their little banter. As if finally catching sight of the Aryan, Elheim cocked his head slightly in the direction of the two humans and winked. "Has she given you lot any trouble?" It was more of a statement than a question as the Captain stepped forward and extended a calloused hand to Luis for a shake.

"Vedui Aryan!" turning to Nadya, he afforded her a deep sweeping bow. "And you, m`Lady. Always a pleasure to meet one of the Heaten`hua. The spice trade has done much for my coffers as of late!" The Captain then turned to regard them both equally, his eyes sizing them up, as he finished his greeting.

"Elheim el`Naral at your service! The elves call me Elheim the Emerald, though I dont quite fancy such suffixes. Regardless, I'm the Captain of this marvelous beauty-" the man gestured expansively over the vessel, "and also forever indebted to Tanadris, our dear Talyndra's sister. Which is why I jumped at the opportunity to provide some measure of assistance."

. . . | . . .​

~TRANSLATIONS~

Heru en amin Luis Hannar - My Lord Luis Hannar. My Lord for formal/unfamiliar acquaintance.

"Quel`andune! Nae saian luume'mellonamin Elheim`el Naral!" - Good afternoon! It has been too long my friend, Elheim`el Naral!

"Yallume! Aaye lirimaer, cormamin lindua ele lle Talyndra iel`Farandir!" - At long last! Hail my dearest, Talyndra daughter of House Farandir!

"Auta miqula orqu, Elheim!" - Go kiss an orc, Elheim!

Vedui Aryan - Greetings Aryan

yuckeroni yuckeroni Blue Aisle Blue Aisle

Last edited:
Glazist Phairnaul, The Wanderer

He was late. That much was clear, to even suggest otherwise would be a delusion. His armour rattled with every step through the thick woods, it and the sound of his breath consistently reverberating in his ears. He had a horse, oh certainly - What emissary didn't have a horse? But wilds always have a way of hiding threats, and he had a way of attracting them... even in such special circumstances. A shame he lost the horse, but the knight was certain that the others would wait for him so long as it didn't cost them the day. A flash of red in his sight breaks him from his recollection, and he pulls his axe back from over his shoulder to check the blade - A smudge of something crimson remained on the edge, smaller than the nail of a finger. He frowns, wiping it away with the thumb of his glove. Hopefully there was no other mess to account for.

Phairnaul pushes his way into the tavern. The festivities were what he would expect - Clinking glasses, loud drunken banter, the occasional belly laugh, music... Then it went silent. It was slow at first, a few disbelieving faces locked on his, until more and more were able to take notice. The knight merely stood in the doorway, scanning the room. He steps up to one of the tables, approaching a group of three - Two of which quickly jump form their chairs and back away, while the one closest is merely frozen in place. "An elf was here with four others. Where are they?" He babbles, hands shaking as he slowly points to the doorway. "L-Left, ser." Phairnaul follows the finger, looking to the door and back to the man. He leans closer, head tilting down and speaking low: "Are you sure?" Glazist slowly reaches out with his gauntlet, the cold metal outside his fingers brushing against the patron's skin as Phairnaul carefully holds his jaw. The undead's eyes stare into the other's, silently, until he can't hold the facade any longer - The posture cracks as he breaks into a hoarse laugh "Hah! I'm joking, I'm joking! Enjoy your drinks, and thank you ser." He turns, leaving the bar with the remnants of a dry chuckling, quite sure the other patrons were relieved he did not plan to stay longer. If the others were not here, then it is likely they had already started on the next stop of their journey: Fairgale.

=============================================

Glazist was sure to purchase a horse before setting off, not quite keen on being left behind. He worked the horse hard, having barely a need to rest himself these days. It was a hard few hours at the gallop, though the rider was sure to give the steed a rest every now and again; he had enough experience to know the limits of a mount, and especially the consequences of working one too hard. He could still remember the first horse he had following his rebirth. How long did it survive again? Barely a day, he was sure. Such things were one of the necessities of training in the Order, with so many who've had limited experience using horses in their new state.

Again, his train of thought is broken by something entering his sight - The walls architecture of the merchant town stretches over the horizon, promising a coming end to his solitary travel. With an excited crack of the reigns, he forces the horse on to the town's borders. The winding road slowly narrows into a cobbled pathway flanked by the trees, opening to reveal the town's lodges and stalls. Merchants yell their promotions to their stocks and wares, encouraging passers-by to see the products for themselves. That, or merely listen to the tall tales a few of the more well-traveled merchants have in their minds. Phairnaul laughs to himself, pulling a leg over to the other side of the horse and dropping down to the cobbles. This was exactly what he wante- A traveling merchant steps up to him, at first bright-eyed and with an expression no doubt practiced for potential customers. "Welcome, traveler! Might I be able to present my wa-" he stops, the smile falling and his brows furrowing, "What... is wrong with your face? I- oh god!" the man retches in that moment, body bending forwards to vomit on the ground. The knight looks down, lifting a boot that was once clean... When the man sniffs and straightens himself again, Glazist can only stare... "Uhm... good day to you!" is all he can offer, before quickly scampering off. The knight can only sigh, wiping the boot off on an untainted portion of the road, and setting his helmet over his head, before continuing on.

He steps through the crowds of customers and merchants, his decision to cover his face clearly a wise one as there is now a lack of such unpleasant encounters. Still the imposing armour, and the large two-hander draped over his shoulder, had a way of encouraging the others in the crowd to clear a path. Slowly, the crowd thins - He takes a left turn, and the cobbles change to a dirt path. Soon enough, his eyes are blessed with the sight of the Fairgale airfield. The breath is nearly taken out of him, his eyes scanning the docked ships - Hulking wooden crafts, each seemingly begging to return to the skies. As he continues through the rows upon rows of ships, he looks about the place like a child in a sweets-shop. Most were made of polished wood, beautifully crafted though his experience around such things was limited. The eyes turn away from the crafts though, scanning between them for his companions. It would seem he'd chosen the right time to do so, as he's soon able to pick out the pair he was sent for: An elf, a deadlander, and an inquisitor. He pulls his travel bag from his horse, pulling the beast with him to the gangplank of the docked craft.

A sailor takes the reigns from his hands and gestures to board the ship, to which Glazist merely nods his helmeted head. His armour rattles as he steps up the ramp to the deck, albeit hesitantly in bringing himself to such a height. He's more eager to step to the more central area of the deck, wherein he is quick to reach the side of the elf and her company. Deathknights are far from pretty, that much is obvious. Many, at least in his experience, were chewed and in too poor a shape to go through life unnoticed. He, himself, was in one of the worse states a being like himself could be in without compromising ability. However, it is why he took care to find other means of proper presentation - The armour he wore was polished and shined, if the inscriptions were clearly rugged and unprofessional. The brass lining on the rims glinted in the sunlight, together with the imposing figure could hopefully keep him presentable. Regardless, he bows himself forward towards those presented, his two-hander kept in one hand for the blade to drape over his shoulder. "Glazist Phairnaul," he begins, straightening himself afterwards, "Knight from the Order of Spring. I'm your... fourth? Fifth?" He waves the correction away "Whatever the number is, I'm coming with you to the north. I suspect some of our lords find it easier if some of the expedition was dead to begin with."
Lekiel Lekiel Blue Aisle Blue Aisle yuckeroni yuckeroni

Last edited:

qisD9u3.png

7tZERbe.png

The advent of Daybreak scattered thin rays of arcing light through stained glass. Intricate tracery and depictions of religious narratives adorn every inch of the chamber. A procession of pews draws the sight to an altar, gilded in silver and affixed with precious stones. At its chancel, Sirris, donning white linen undergarments stands motionless. It is the church of lobos. A small congregation of Enrobed figures affixes plate mail to his figure. Another mounts his cape, draping a single decorative silver chain across the length of his back
. "May this grant you absolution" one whispers as the deacons retreat to space deeper within the chapel. His blade slumbers on the altar beneath an iridescent leaf of Chantilly lace. To its left, a reliquary bearing the sigil of house Regalia. From it, he recovered his breviary and flask; the only provisions he deemed necessary for what he believed to be a mere excursion. The time for departure was nigh; Sirris took a moment to admire the grandeur of it all as massive doors slowly parted before him with the satisfying grate of a hinge ill-oiled. From behind, the words dripped from a mouth like molten silver, "Have a pleasant journey, sweet champion of blessings. May your duty bring triumph." --"Much obliged, your holiness" But in truth, no words could convey the extent of gratitude he felt in that moment.

Through the sheer white silk chiffon drapery that lined the inside of his carriage, he gazed out the window, up at the firmament above, swelling with ashen blues and glimmers of apricot. He found himself enraptured by the visions of adventures he fabricated within himself to shroud the passage of time. Leaving his country should have been a familiar concept by now, but regardless of how many reconnaissance missions he had been dispatched to resolve, Sirris could never shake feeling homesick. Only then did it occur to him that, with the exception of the confines of battle, he had never interacted with, much less befriended anyone outside of his Aryan heritage. Panic began to set in; frantically, he produced a hand mirror from a compartment behind his tufted seat. Did he look right? He adjusted his hair. Naturally, he would want to appear presentable, given that he would be representing his country. What greeting should he use? Is that socially acceptable in their native land? Before long, he would find himself at the foot Fairgael.

It was at this time that he and his coach parted ways. Unaccompanied, without a guide to aid him he would have to navigate a town completely foreign to him. There was no turning back now, especially considering he didn't even know the route from whence he came. He unfolded a parchment stamped with a seal of dark red wax. For nearly halve the day he attempted to discern the map; all he had to do was reach the pre determined location. It was so easy, and yet, he found it impossible. At every corner, the labyrinth of a city had dead ends and persuasive merchants with shiny wares. On the brink of defeat, he could barely make out the figures of the party that stood before him. Punctuality was indicative of discipline, and he clearly was not on time. Ashamed and lost for words, though he maintained perfect posture, all he could usher was a pathetic, but prideful.
"Good evening."

As they went around offering their formalities, Talyndra was suddenly strucked by a sudden unexplainable chill. It wasn't quite a feeling of cold but rather an unnerving coldness of her soul. She saw Elheim's gaze shift to something just behind her, before she heard the unfamiliar voice call out in greeting. The stranger's voice was not extraordinary, if a bit raspy. The elf turned, and beheld a knight bedecked in full platemail. A helmet was set upon his face, obscuring his facial features from view. A sudden prickling of the hair on her nape cause the elf to shiver in spite of herself. The newcomer looked ordinary enough, and yet...

"Vedui Glazist Phairnaul!" Talyndra offered in return. She paused momentarily, unsure of what to make of the knight. She knew they were expecting several more for their expedition, but had no idea which Kingdom Glazist represented. Not the Bloodsworn, that much was apparent enough. "From whence do you hail from?" The elf subconsciously rubbed an imaginary chill away from her arms. She waited for the knight's reply, but another call sounded from the side. Talyndra tore her eyes away from scrutinizing the towering knight to look at the source of the newest greeting. Aryan. There was no mistaking the silvery plate armor, adorned with gleaming embelishments complete with a feathered cape. Talyndra was no warrior, but the highly elaborate armor looked somewhat garish to be on the frontlines of battle. Nevertheless, the Aryan warrior carried himself with a confident poise, hinting at a very respectable skill in the melee.

"Quel`andune Aryan. Good evening to you. Are you here on business of the expedition to the north? You are lucky we haven't departed yet." Talyndra directed the last bit of her sentence to both newcomers as she drew her attention to regard the two of them. The chill still nagged at a corner of her mind, causing the elf brow to furrow slightly, annoyed that she could not place the source.

. . . | . . .​

Vedui - Greetings

Quel`andune - Good evening

Glazist watched the elf following his introduction, uncertain of what to expect. He could tell from her movements there was a discomfort there, though a naivety in her voice and words causes the knight to grin to himself. Dark as another may find it, the scene was certainly amusing... He nods to the elf's question, opening his mouth to answer but she becomes distracted by another member of their party - A man just a little shorter than himself, pallid hair, wearing a beautiful set of armour clearly setting him apart from the average warrior. Quickly, Phairnaul turns to reintroduce himself - "Good evening," he puts in a rasp, bowing to the new arrival respectfully, "I am Glazist Phairnaul, knight from the Order of Spring. I hope we are both able to serve each-other well." He keeps his body faced to the new man, though turns his head to the elf - she had asked a question after all. "To you, comrade, I am afraid you have not introduced yourself yet... And I believe it would be more interesting for you to find out my homeland through other means." The comment draws a light cackle from inside, a childlike feeling of mischief tickling his bones. The pale whiteness of his eyes were shadowed by the interior of his helmet - They often were - though there were rare moments where the angle was just right for the light to flash the interior, the dark suggestion of his being presented. Sometimes, he'd noticed, one would think it was a trick of their minds rather than the truth.

His moment of comedy slowly dissipates, and he silences himself. Waving away his comment as if there was nothing more to interpret, he pulls the danish axe from over his shoulder and plants the wood against the deck to lean against it. "I hope we will not be waiting for long - I'm quite eager to find what it is like to take transport in one of these flying ships."

Lekiel Lekiel Con-Amore Con-Amore

Last edited:
The conversation held while walking down the corridor was short, concise, and to the point. The way she had learned to speak among the nobles.
"Where?"
"Airship, heading North. Mountains."
"With?"
"A guide, she is trustworthy. And a small party of others."
"And coin?"
"We didn't train you for nothing."

Wynnter nodded calmly as he spoke, keeping her eyes locked forward. They passed through a set of doors that lead into a courtyard, the sunlight causing her to squint. She pulled her hood up calmly, doing what she could to keep the light from straining her eyes. Once through the courtyard, they passed through a large set of iron gates. A small bridge and the turn of a corner opened way to a large field, with many large, boat-shaped objects resting in midair. She had only seen such things a few times in her life, and never from this close. She caught her breath and kept pace with the man, her cloak blowing to the left ever so slightly as the wind caught it. A glance around brought the sight of bustling work, people unloading cargo from the ships, and one was even being lifted into the air, by seemingly nothing.

The rest of the walk was silent, besides the low hum of voices from the many around them. There was a bustle and busyness that accompanied the commerce, a sort of organized function that made the airstrip a sight to see. However, she knew that they were not here for the business, as alluring it was. They passed through the many ships, four large prominent vessels accompanied by numerous smaller craft. She followed his lead as they made their way down the length of the field, towards a smaller section of the hub. She figured out that this area wasn't used for the larger ships, but rather smaller ones, most likely for transportation. It was then that she spotted their destination, a craft separated from the others, with a small group standing by a long, wooden plank that scaled to the height of the deck. She picked out a few figures, one of which was sure to be said guide. She stood with a subtle confidence above the others, one from experience rather than mindset.

"Oh, what have I gotten myself into."

Wynnter sighed as the guide closed the distance to the crowd, a sort of eerie atmosphere coming from around him. He walked with the deadly confidence of a warrior, but looked like a noble in luxury robes. He wore a cloth over his nose, keeping just his eyes visible under his hood. She looked almost unaffiliated to him, and she supposed that's how they wanted things. Most of the Royals wore fine garments and spoke like kings, while her cloths were barely holding together. She wore her cloak, the only nicely woven thing she wore. It was made of a grey fabric and huddled close to her form. Underneath the cloak, her clothes were of mixed quality, most having strands of fabric breaking from their weaves. She truly wasn't dressed for the occasion of flying. She felt her sleeve carefully, disguising it as a tug of her cloak. She felt the slim hilt of her dagger, which brought some reassurance to her. After all. it was the only personal item she kept.

Her mentor found the guide just as easily as she did on their approach, and approached her slowly, careful not to interrupt. There was no doubt in her mind that her mentor had seen the guide before. She stood remarkably tall, Wynnter had to all but look up towards her, and she had an almost playful aura around her. They carefully scaled the plank, Wynnter falling behind as they did. She listened carefully to what was said, the shining deck of the ship making her eyes uncomfortable to open. "This is Wynnter, she has been sent by the Court to accompany you. So long as you oblige." Was all he said to the tall girl, and for a moment, Wynnter's breath caught as the gravity of the situation carried home to her.

"There's only one reason I'd be heading north.."

NADYA LOTHRIC
GoFk69C.png
The Vackhan paid no attention to Talyndra's answer, mostly focused on the sights of Fairgale and the wares of the merchants. Some were things she had never seen before, others she knew too well. Nevertheless, she expresses her admiration with "oohs" and "ahhs." Within a few minutes, she spots some spices, ones she recognized from her homeland, laughing just a bit when she notices the jacked up prices. "I would have done the same if it weren't for my father." Nadya says, to no one in particular. Just a comment she makes to herself as she follows the guide and the Inquisitor. Then, they were led away from the hustle of the market into more of a grassy airfield, and she urges her horse to go faster, the older woman seemed too excited.

Truly, the wooden airship seemed so much more majestic, so much more beautiful than any other metal one they had seen. Hopefully, however, the experience outmatched the appearance. Her attention turns back to Talyndra, and as the Elf speaks, Nadya quickly dismounts and follows her towards the boarding plank. She lets out a long whistle, but stops short at the Elven speak, almost spinning in a circle to see the source of the booming voice, which was a larger man, whom she assumed was the Captain. "No trouble given, sir." At the mention of the spice trade, smirking slightly. "Glad it's helped you, then." 'Not like it's helped me, anyway.' She thinks to herself, but her smile never falters.

'Well, Mr. Captain, I'm very pleased to meet you, I'm sure my lovely friend Luis Hannar is just as excited to be meeting you as well." Nadya turns to her Aryan companion and makes a sweeping gesture with her arms. As she said so, there was another person who had come up to the group, bowing and saying his name. And as he appears, so does another Aryan, whom she assumes was the missing link for her earlier joke (or attempt). Quickly, she takes the chance to introduce herself. "Greetings, Glazist Phairnaul, and good evening... person!" Without a name to the face, she substitutes it. Nadya holds her hand out for the Aryan to shake first, awaiting his response. Unfortunately for the next newcomer, she was more attentive towards the other human, insistent on getting her handshake before anything else.

From just the three of them (the Deadlander, the Aryan, and the Elf), there had been an increase in numbers, now a total of six for the trip north. What that meant for Nadya Lothric, of course, was the chance to gain more friends.

Lekiel Lekiel Blue Aisle Blue Aisle Con-Amore Con-Amore The Gunrunner The Gunrunner Velkyn Velkyn

1AHEAjl.jpg
Quite embarrassed, and frankly relieved that he wouldn't have to board transportation just yet, Luis followed Talyndra as she made for a new direction with the elves. It was not too long a trip, thankfully, before they soon arrived at the real airship. He parted ways with his steed and rest his eyes on the ship. It was quite different from the one he saw before, the material and design of the two vastly varied. Like Nadya, his eyes followed the workers walking in and out of the place. Having been quite the bookworm when he was young, seeing the workings of other races in person always fascinated him. Before long, the captain had come to greet them.

The two elves seemed very close to each other. They seemed to be bantering, though that was only what he could guess. Then the man turned to address him and the Heaten'hua. "It's an honor..." Luis repeated a rather rehearsed reply to the cheery looking man. "Quite a vessel you have here." Luis wanted to question him about the comfort of his ship, that perhaps it would feel as distinct as it looks, but new, unexpected guests had joined them. There were three, as Luis looked at the figures gathered near the ship. A fellow Aryan, who donned a grand piece of armor, looking quite holy by his own right. Luis could tell he was also affiliated with the church, though his own association was not so overt. His greeting was curt, and Luis returned in kind, though he felt a bit glad he was no longer the only Aryan. "Well met, Sir Knight." He bowed, "Inquisitor Luis Hannar, looking forward to working with you."

The other man also wore exemplary armor, though it was quite different from the holy knight. The style was not common in Arya, and Luis wondered where he could be from. Glazist Phairnaul, he had introduced himself. When he mentioned he was dead, it won a raised brow. Glazist was wearing a helmet, but Luis couldn't help but wonder about his visage. The thought that he would be traveling with an undead suddenly robbed him of the little relief the other Aryan had brought. He struggled to put the matter of Glazist's mortality in the back of his mind. "Indeed. More the merrier..." He tried to appear tolerant, determined not to let his personal thoughts become a nuisance to the party, at least not yet. The King made his decisions, though Luis wondered if his majesty was not drunken in recruiting a death knight.

In hindsight, Luis should have expected another elf. This one came with another, who introduced her to Talyndra. Wynnter was rather small, opposite to the taller elf that had led them thus far. She was dressed like a thief--perhaps rogue is a better word, clearly not nobility, but someone who needed to work her claim. He bowed towards her, just as she started speak her first words to the group.

Last edited:
One of the last few members of their growing company to arrive was an elf, quite unlike herself except for her fairer skin and paler hair marking her as one of the Isilhin, daughter of the moon goddess. Though she was of Bloodsworn kin, her presence within their group was actually quite unsettling ironically. It wasn't so much that she did not trust the diminutive elf with her refined looks and pale green eyes, but rather the enigma of a man that even know introduced her to the group. Of course I'd have to oblige, you bore the seal of the Crown Prince himself, Assassin. She'd heard the rumours, and Tanadris had warned her of the possibility of their involvement. Of course, she couldn't know for sure that the haughty figure before her was one of the court's hands. Regardless...

"Vedui il`er.. Saesa omentien lle arwen Velatha. Cuamin sairina yassen megrille." Talyndra welcomed the two as was her custom, crossing an open palm across her heart and an inclination of her head. The shared a brief moment of getting acquanted before the male elf bade them to get on with their journey, now that their little soiree was complete.

"Namaarie, Aa' i'sul nora lanne'lle."

"Tenna' san," Talyndra waved in return before turning back to the skyship Captain. "Take us us up Elheim, I'm eager to be on our way!" Elheim nodded with a broad grin, as he turned to his crewmen, signalling for them to make ready for takeoff.

"ALL HANDS... BRACE!" Elheim bellowed as he reached the bridge with his big hands gripping against the railling. The Captain nodded to the Skymage beside him who proceeded to place his hands atop a murky crystal ball set on a pedestrial. The Cloudorb began to glow as the rumble from deep within the ship rose in a humming crescendo. "RELEASE THE ANCHORRRS!" There was several loud metallic CLANGS as the weights that chained the Anarthiren was released. The Skyship lurched abruptly with the sudden release of burdens, as if it were a bird leaping to the skies.

Talyndra let out an excited whoop which was quickly lost into the rush of wind and her heart dropped into the pit of her stomach, as the bow of the Anarthiren tilted skyward. A billowing sound signaled the unfurling of the skyship's three voluminous Light Sails, proud wings which bore the ship gracefully into the darkening sky. Here we go

One moment they were drifting just above a grassy field, and in the next, the ground receded under the hull of the ship as the tops of the trees around the airfield suddenly rushed towards them. Just as it seemed like they were about the crash, the skyship pulled up and even the tall pines shifted out of view. The Anarthiren swooped in a wide arch and turned north-westward, headed into the setting sun. With her lightsails at full stretch, they caught the wind and sped off into the distance.

full

. , ; ' ` ~ * ~ ` ' ; , . , ; ' ` ~ * ~ ` ' ; , .

~CHAPTER 1: CHASING THE DARKNESS~​

"Talyndra!" The tone of the Master Conjurer cut through the low murmur of hushed whispers, it jerked the young girl out of her reverie.

"Y-Yes.. Master Calaharn?" The tiny figure, still very much a child stood up on suddenly sludge-like feet, trying desperately to appear as if she hadn't been day dreaming about fancifying her latest dress instead of reading the scribbled notes in the large dusty tome under her tiny fingers.

"Would you care to show the class how you can begin to perform a simple ice elemental conjuring? Stop when you have finished drawing the elemental circle... we do not want to have a runaway sprite messing up the classroom again like last time.. do we larle?" Lord Calaharn finished icily, making the young girl flinch at the derogatory tone. The Master Conjurer stood back from the front desk indicating that the girl should step up to the front.

Swallowing a lump in her throat, the young girl bit the bottom corner of her lip as she often did when she was nervous. Taking a furtive deep breath, she let the air out as quietly as she could less the other girls teased her about being a coward during breaktime, and stepped out from behind her desk. Slowly turning to face the class, her hands reached up to brush a lock of golden brown hair out of her olive fair face, her chestnut brown orbs stared out in stern determination at the other children.

"Come on..! We have much to cover today. Be quick with it Miss Farandir!"

Calm yourself down.. breathe.. you can do this... imagine the coldness of a world filled with ice.. feel their calls.. the pattern, let it come to you.. draw it in your mind's eye.. The girl lifted her right hand infront of her, fingers twirling as if drawing an invisible pattern in the air. For a moment there was a flash of azure, as her brown eyes suddenly changed to a brilliant blue, causing the class to draw back inadvertently as an audible gasp rumbled amongst the desks. The air was still, hung in silent anticipation for what seemed like twenty whole seconds before a lone snickering could be heard out from somewhere in the back. Little by little the class begin realizing that nothing was going to happen, some slumped back into their seats quickly losing interest, the incessant snickering grew louder, joined by a cacophony of giggles. Adamant, the young girl closed her eyes in concentration, the other wrist coming up to join the first in its dance... hear their voices.. they're there.. always there.. you have but to.. let yourself go.. and in that moment she felt a tug at her innermost being, her soul. Something latched onto her. It was chilling, and angry as a winterstorm, she grasped it, drew the mark for binding, and pulled!

A primal roar enveloped her ears, she did not know if it were real or she imagined it, there was a blast of freezing air and she heard a terrified gut wrenching scream.

"Talyndra stop-!"

The girl opened her eyes and all she could see was a brilliant white-blue.. something huge and heavy slammed against her head, and she felt the ground retreat beneath her feet... then all went black.

. .~ . .
The young woman awoke with a start, eyes wide as if her eyes still saw some horrifying monstrosity of the past. Her golden tresses were matted to her forehead and she felt a dampness of perspiration on her back. Letting out a slow drawn out breath, she covered her face with ice cold hands as she willed her thumping heart to slow down. Through the slitted gaps of her pale digits, Talyndra peered beyond the little glass porthhole and noticed that it was still dark outside. Taking another deep breath the girl got up from her little alcove which she had spent the night in, and walked over to a polished silver mirror.

Comb in hand, she began straigtening out her amber tresses. She had doffed her cloak and mage robes, in favour of a more breatheable traditional elvish gown. The pearly fabric coupled with gold sash seemed to complement her features and hair nicely, not that she was trying to match it. It was the only clothing her size that she found in the tiny closet of her modest cabin. She began recollecting the events of the day before. Shortly after they had taken off, Talyndra had taken the gathering of adventurers (adventurers? Was that what they are?) on a little tour of the Anarthiren. Those familiar with the large sea-going vessels of the southern seas would perhaps have found the Skyship not very different, except that it had gleaming sails and a crystal chamber which housed the Solean Crystal; a wondrous miracle of magic that gave the vessel its ability to sail through the skies. They had a simple but fulfilling meal in the mess room before each were shown to their individual rooms. The Anarthiren was built for speed, making it sleeker even for a Skyship of elven make, and as such did not have large cargo bays. Often used as a commanding flagship for the Calenfari Rangers, the ship had a number of modest yet comfortable cabins of which the six of them now occupied. Elheim had volunteered to trade his Captain's quarters with the young elf, but Talyndra had politely declined. The idea that she would have some sort of privilege over the others made her uncomfortable.

Knowing that sleep would not return to her, the elf grabbed her pale green cloak and fastened it with a brooch just below the hollow of her throat and stepped out of her room. Making her way through the narrow hallways, she reached the steps that led out onto the deck. Unlatching the door, Talyndra was greeted by a rush of wind as she stepped out under a star filled sky. As it was still dark, the Anarthiren was flying significantly lower to conserve energy, just several feet over the tops of trees. Looming silhouettes of distant hills could be seen drifting past; if one looked carefully enough, they would see dark shapes in the far distance, a wall of blackness that was the Skyreach Mountains. Eweca was nearly done with her cycle, hanging low over the horizon, her luminescence half obscured by patches of clouds. A glance to the east at the aft of the Anarthiren told Talyndra that it was close to daybreak, as a lightening of the skies seemed to be catching up to them. The Storm Maiden walked across the seemingly empty deck, heading towards to ship's prow. Arrving at the port side, she leaned against the banister and closed her eyes momentarily, savouring the rush of wind as her cloak billowed about her, occasionally clinging to her slim form.

With the mometary silence of dawn, the enormity of her task crept into the forefront of her mind. Here she was, a bastard daughter of her family. She had little experience of the outside world, except for excursions with her sister and yet, she was to lead a company of the three kingdom's best warriors into the unknown. No... not lead, guide. Perhaps we need to find someone to lead us. Surely one of the Aryans seem capable... They just had to learn to put aside their differences. Speaking of which, Talyndra could only thank Anara for how smoothly their meeting had taken place, despite the odds. She only hoped their relative friendliness would last them the entire trip.
. . . | . . .​

TRANSLATIONS~
Vedui il`er.. Saesa omentien lle arwen Velatha. Cuamin sairina yassen megrille. - Greetings my kin.. Pleasure meeting you Lady Velatha. May my magic sing with your blade on this journey.

Namaarie, Aa' i'sul nora lanne'lle. - Farewell, may the wind fill your sails.

Tenna' san - Until then

(Note: Prepare for our first action sequence ladies and gentlemen :>)

Last edited:

There was one other arrival - A snow-haired woman accompanied by someone in far nicer clothing than her. He merely bowed his head to the two politely, not wanting to be rude. The others accepted his greeting, one of which admitting himself to be an inquisitor... Interesting. But he had little time to ponder that; their guide gave their captain the order, "Take us us up Elheim, I'm eager to be on our way!" Giddily, Glazist hurried to the railing of the ship. Behind him, captain Elheim bellowed to brace. The knight holds the railing tightly, though he is unprepared for what follows - The ship rumbles deeply, like a beast waking from its rest. A multitude of metallic clangs ring behind him, and the ship abruptly lurches into the air. The knight's knees over-compensate their bend, and he quickly leans forward to wrap an arm around the rail. A sailor beside him breaks into a gravelly laugh, quickly snuffing it out under the glare of one more disciplined than he. The ship continues to rise into the air, higher and higher - The once-tall pines growing from the ground shrink further and further, until they become merely insignificant specks. The sails are unfurled, they fill with the winds and pull the wooden beast onwards. Glazist finally releases his hold on the rails, though his steps on the deck are unsteady and hesitant. "Amazing," he whispers.

Their guide is later generous enough to provide a tour of the craft, showing everything from its cargo hold to the flight-crystal. Glazist is one to keep his mouth shut, though he was always encouraging an answer should any of the others ask a question - With a "Yes, that," or "I'm curious myself" to show his interest. Eventually, their tour ends, and he finds himself ushered to the messhall to find his fill. The sailor is polite enough, so Glazist attempts the same with a "I am not hungry, and I doubt you would enjoy my company there." It earns him an odd look, but the man merely shrugs and shows him to a room. It turns out to be a simple affair with a wooden desk, bed, and table - all seemingly fixed to the floor, he notes. Glazist nods to the sailor, dismissing him promptly. The man steps out, shutting the door, leaving the knight to his privacy.

He exhales a breath, pressing his gloved palms against his helmet. The air feels cool on his face as he pulls it from his head, planting it somewhere in the center of the room. He kneels behind it, planting his axe and sword to either of his sides. The shield rests infront of him, underneath his helmet. The man shuts his eyes, pulling the straps of his armour and freeing himself to the clothing underneath. His mind was beginning to feel heavy, and his mental state uncertain - It was time to... rest.
==============================================================================

Glazist releases a long breath, letting his undying muscles relax. His pale eyes close and he allows his mind to drift where it pleases. He was tired, and it was easy for him to find the closest thing a Deathknight can experience to sleep - For him, it was like a vivid daydream; he was awake, if tired, but his mind's eye could be given oh so much of his attention. The Order had found it a useful means to meditate - To remember their last moments of life, and use their mantra to control the emotions which came with it. In time, he'd found a way to control himself... Such a task was more easily said than done, though; death for anyone can be easy to accept for some, but to relive it again and again is quite another matter. Every night he experienced the vivid reliving of the Darkest Days - The Red Retreat, the food raids, the Black Tavern. Every Deathknight had their story, and did he ever have his...

He sighs, letting his emotions and experiences flow through him. Again, he remembers: His throat raw, his joints sore from hours upon hours of battle, the sickly-sweet and copper scent of a field of bodies, the ringing from constant metal-on-metal, the desensitization to witnessing so many abominatory horrors slaughter his comrades. It was a brutality he, deep down, never believed he really would survive. It was an affect the Darkest Days was understandably able to cause - A hopelessness able to infect the entire city. A macabre to beat even the macabre of the Deadlands. Glazist's lids press harder against themselves as he lives through the last few minutes - The arms kept swinging, and swinging. Hacking and hacking as the flesh was ripped from his body. There was no one left of his small command, leaving him a sergeant only in words. Another deep exhale, and soon... he is finished. Glazist opens his eyes again, his body and mind refreshed. His fists press against the floorboards, and he bows forward to whisper the vow of the Order: "Of life and death I am king, for both do I bring." With that, he grabs his sword and pushes himself to his feet.

It is early, he theorizes, so I should have time to myself. He considers the possibility as he straps the scabbard around his waist, sheathing his blade. He steps out of his room and down the hall, adjusting the strap for comfort. He was careful to mind the noises of his steps, stopping and cringing from every little creak or whine of the boards. As he ascends the stairs and steps out into the whooshing air, he stretches his arms out to either side, his joints popping to relieve the internal strain. His relief halts on seeing someone on the forward-end of the ship, and he squints his eyes to focus on the person. She was wearing a white flowing gown - He takes a few steps closer, and he's able to pick out the pointed ears. He chuckles to himself; he was not wearing his armour, merely wearing raggy clothing that did not even cover the entirety of the tattoos covering his arms.

Glazist makes his steps audible enough for the guide to notice him, though his moaning would reach her first. Should she turn she'd see the deathknight stumbling forward - His head knocked back, mouth gaping wide, his arms close to the body but his hands hanging to depict a sickly man's pain. "Help me, miss. Something terrible is wrong with the food!" He takes a few more steps before stopping, the act dropping for him to indulge in dry chuckling. The undead knight steps off to the railing, his tattered hair blowing in the wind. Various patches of the head were bare, showing stained-red skull underneath, though the gapes of his face tended to draw far more attention. His white-sheened eyes look off to the horizon, and he gestures out to the distant lands - "Strange how something can look prettier by being farther away from it."

Lekiel Lekiel

Last edited:
1AHEAjl.jpg
It seemed this was the last of his companions. Eager to set off, Talyndra had them quickly board the ship. The ship’s interior was no less grand than its dressing. Once inside, Luis quickly plants himself against one side of the airship, near the entrance. As it takes off, it felt like his guts had sunk to his feet. He quietly winced, but kept his head low. Others seemed to be enthralled by the transport, some looking out to enjoy the scenery. Talyndra for one, looked ecstatic, her face flushed in a healthy light.

Suffering in silence at least saved him some dignity.

The tour of the Anarthiren was hardly needed, but he obliged, following meekly behind the others. During the meal, he did not have much appetite but finished his plate regardless. Discarding food was not a habit of his, having grown up in a humble household. Then they all retired to their rooms, though Glazist was amiss the entirety of supper.

------------------------------------------------

Once in his room, Luis set his crossbow down on a round table. The weapon was quite heavy, almost fully metal. He slips on a loose linen garment, placing his blue leather armor on the at the end of the bed. It felt strange to dress this way outside of his own home. He made sure the door was locked, and let himself sink into bed. He kept his rapier at arms length, he was still on an excursion, after all. Lying down certainly felt better than standing up. His thoughts drifted back home, of the times he spent cooped up in his father’s study. The young boy back then was so unlike his present self, for better or for worse.

It must have been past midnight when the slow sway of the ship woke him. He sat up with a start, his back felt clammy, though no nightmare assaulted him. The sky outside with a blue purple, it looks like dawn was close. He no longer felt like sleeping, and decided to get some fresh air, perhaps it would help with his... headache.

Luis redressed himself, at times like this he was glad he only wore medium armor. The fastenings were easy enough to do by himself, it only took a few minutes before he left the room. His black hair drew messily across his forehead, but he figured the wind would scatter it anyway. Besides, the formalities with his companions were all but done.

As he arrived at the deck, there were already two figures there. He recognized the elf right away, but the other took him aback. The horrible image of the dead knight sprung at him like the nightmare he was spared this night. The corpse appeared to be making a joke, some gleeful twinkle in his lifeless eyes. The wind blows hard under the open air, and Luis quickly decides he has had enough and retreats back within the ship. He had thought undead were mindless bodies that simply roamed and killed, but Glazist seemed... sentient. Luis shook his head, such debates were beyond the ailing mind of an inquisitor.

"Iolos keep me..."
His head throbbed again, and he quickly started walking. The sight of Glazist, and without his helm, added on to the constant rocking of the Anarthiren. Disoriented was a light word now. Perhaps it was a fumble of his airsick mind, or the glistening gold from the first of dawn, he did not rethink before knocking on the door to the Regalian’s room. At least, what he thought was his room. It did not even occur to him that he might be interrupting much needed sleep.

Con-Amore Con-Amore

Last edited:
Wynnter Velatha

Wynnter took note of the many standing near as the conversation took place. She noted the guide, who stood almost unspeakably taller than her, yet seemed to give a friendly aura. She returned her greeting, a subtle hand over her chest. Just behind her stood a tall man, decked in an elaborate set of shining sheets of steel. Further observation brought her attention to a solemn figure, who she hadn't caught the eye of yet. There were many others on the deck, including a hearty captain spouting orders at bustling crewmen as the ship was prepared. It was almost surreal to her, her heart stuck in her throat as she fixed her mind on the conversation held between the guide and her mentor. The one she still didn't know the name of. The talking was brief, and the dismissal shorter as he made his way down the ramp to the ground, easily disappearing into the crowd as loud clanging could be heard from beneath the ship.

Wynnter looked to the horizon as the captain bellowed an order, one she ignored, assuming it was to the crew. How she regretted her action when her knees all but buckled from underneath her, forcing her to a knee as the vessel leaped skyward. She could hear someone laughing as she struggled to regain her balance, embarrassed as she nearly toppled to the side once more. She found a rail and clung to it for what felt like years, but was but a minute as the ship found a height and speed that was unparalleled to anything she had ever seen before. Wynnter finally found her footing and stood, acclimating her mind to ignore the speed at which they were travelling, what seemed feet above the canopy of the forests. It was then that the guide spoke, Wynnter had caught her name amidst conversation, "Talyndra" she thought, and made sure to commit the name to memory.

She listened to the wind as it whistled over the deck, almost producing the howl that a storm would bring. A few minutes passed before she had the confidence to walk, and she was almost sure she was the last to do so. Nevertheless, she listened as the guide began explaining the ship, she did so with a attentive nature in her voice. She recited knowledge in a way that made it clear she loved the craft. She showed them all to their rooms, small but cozy nooks among the ships length. Wynnter even greeted a few others, catching a few other names and, arguably more important, getting to know the faces of those she traveled with. It wasn't until they had been through the entirety of the ship, through the corridors and stairways that led to many beautiful works of craftsmanship, that they retired to their rooms. She enjoyed most of it, especially the large, elegant crystal that she now knew powered the ship's flight. She felt secure among it now as it prowled its way above the trees with a mechanical grace.

Wynnter bid a few goodnight as they returned to their chambers, the sunlight fading as the crossed the deck to do so. She already knew she couldn't sleep, even with the appealing nature of the bed and small-scale room. She would spend a matter of hours trying, of course, but to no prevail. Whether it be the speed and momentum of the vessel, or her anxiousness of whats to come, she couldn't settle into a sleep. She found entertainment in gazing out the small window, watching the many trees pass at speed she equated to that of lightning, but also taking note of everything she carried. She would come to tuck her daggers in precarious places, up a sleeve or in a waistline, making sure they were hard to spot. After what happened, she never let them out of sight. Tucking the larger, engraved one in the small of her back, she deemed it necessary that she find a better way of concealing them as soon as she could.

She became restless as the hours droned on, and eventually made her way into the corridor, remaining as quiet as she could as to not wake any that had found sleep. She caught the odd look from the occasional crewman as she made her way out onto the deck, finding the moon as it loomed overhead. It offered her a calming nature, one of respect and subtle peace. She was never fond of the glaring activity of the sun, mainly due to the annoying flares her eyes would endure. She found a perch on one of the higher platforms towards the back of the ship, a nook where she could sit and find solemn quietness. She would spend most the night to come there, gazing at the trees as the whistled by at immense velocities. However, the sight of darkened peaks far in the distance caught her eye. She strained around the corner as they came into view, slowly obscuring the entirety of the horizon. They loomed ominously in the distance, and struck a curiosity within her. Analyzing their gigantic size, she lost track of time as the sun began to crest over the opposing horizon.

Daylight was soon to break, and she had caught little sleep.

(Collabish thing between me and Lekiel. I am posting this on Lekiel's behalf.)

She was in the midst of her reverie when her thoughts was disrupting by a low moan and shuffling noise somewhere behind her. She did not notice the barely perceptible disturbance at first, what with the constant rush of wind filling her ears. But as it drew closer to her, she subconsciously felt the presence of another approaching her. Talyndra's eyelids fluttered open, thinking it was one of the rangers or perhaps one of someone from their newly formed expedition, she turned around with a friendly smile on her face. Her smile faded almost as soon as she beheld the horrifying sight before her; unbidden, a startled scream left her lips but she quickly managed to cover her mouth to swallow her fright before she woke the whole ship!

"Yee! Ed' i'ear ar' elenea!" The hairs on her nape prickled, as she swallowed a lump in her throat. Her chestnut orbs widened at the sight of the ravaged man before her.

The man's skin was a deathly palid colour, and various wounds and scars literred his scared physique. The extent of bodily damage was severe enough that Talyndra was surprised he was still walking, let alone moaning and clutching his stomach as if a stomach ache was the least of his worries. No sooner had the man startled her before he burst out chuckling, as if he had just pulled the biggest joke punchline ever. Talyndra's back stiffened even as her brows narrowed, trying to process who the man before her was. He approached the railling beside her and gestured to the horizon, remarking about its beauty though the elf's eyes never left the man.

She had a mild suspicion she knew who he was, but she had to ask anyway. Now that her heart had slowed its thumping beat, she could gather her thoughts to speak.

"A-Are you... alright?!" It felt like the dumbest question ever to her. The way the man carried himself made it seem like his visible contusions and scars were nothing but a cosmetic disguise, and yet...

Glazist almost bursts out laughing at the question, but he snuffles it into a harsh snickering. He holds up a hand, indicating for the guide to wait a moment, until he's able to recover. "Yes- Well, no, but yes." He turns on a heel, facing his body towards her as he repeats the statement he'd made the previous day: "I believe it would be more interesting for you to find out my homeland through other means." The deathknight steps back from the railing, gesturing to himself now, "I am Glazist Phairnaul, /Deathknight/ from the Order of Spring. A native of Vanharren and Haagsfrot. Now, I'll say I'm sorry for the surprise, but the thought of your reaction was too tempting. And, oh, how it has payed off."

Upon hearing the obvious hint as to who he was, Talyndra let out a little "oh..." of recognition. Having said that, it wasn't a visual recognition, but a recognition of the same unsettling feeling she had experienced when the knight introduced himself on the previous day. Nevertheless, her cheeks flushed with heat at the way he made her the butt of his joke.

"I do not find this funny, Glazist!" It was more of a sulk than actual anger. She crossed her arms over her chest in a huff, but was unable to sustain her annoyance as her curiousity got the better of her. "Are you... what do they call them? A Deathknight? Did you really die?" Her features had softened, as she turned back to gaze at the fleeting shadows in the distance.

Glazist stares at her for a moment, a different type of amused expression shown towards her question. Whatever his thoughts on it, he physically shrugs it off and answers bluntly - "Yes."

"Anara's breath..! What manner of magic is that? I've heard rumours, never thought it is true." Talyndra's eyes searched Glazist's own pale white orbs but found no jest in them; humor perhaps, but he definitely was speaking the truth. Nevertheless, it piqued her curiosity even more, though she still felt a niggling chill along her spine. She was about to speak when she was interrupted by a sudden shout far above them.

"EN! CIRYA ANA FORMA!" It came from the crowsnest above them. Their lookout had spotted something.

"Skyship to the right?" Talyndra translated for the Deadlander, her eyes widening as she left her perch on the port side to make her way to the starboard side. Her eyes narrowed as she squinted against the darkness, but the gleaming lightsails of the opposing Skyship was not hard to miss. The ship was travelling roughly parellel to them, but as it moved, it became obvious that it was angled in the direction of the Anarthiren.

"We're far from any settlement... who could that be?" The elf wondered out loud.

"Vanharen," he says simply. His eyes turn to the sound above, and gives the right side a curious look on hearing of a new ship. He twists his mouth, amusement gone from his features - "I hope you do not have pirates up here, Talyndra. That would be... unfortunate."

"There are pirates and bandits yes. But..." A deep voice piped in from their side, it was Elheim. Decked in his full uniform, the Captain reached their side and unfolded a spyglass. "That ship is too well maintained... Also, no pirate worth his gold would dare approach a Calenfari ship like this." The Captain turned back in the direction of the pilotbox to bellow an order. "Stay the coarse! Let's see how close they are willing to get!" No sooner had the order left his lips when there was another cry from their Watchman.

"EN! CIRYA ANA HYARYA!"

"The left now??" Talyndra turned with a sweep of her robes, her heart began to thump as fear gripped her heart. Another ship had appeared to their port side, this time, it appeared to be much closer. Talyndra suspected that it had risen out of a clearing in the forests below them. How else could they have missedit. Were they under attack? Who would dare?

Elheim turned sharply on his heel, a quick glance with his spyglass and he made up his mind. "Unmarked ships... these people are definitely looking for trouble."

"The Anarthiren is swift. We can outrun them can't we?" Talyndra spoke up, worry furrowed on her brow. Elheim turned to glance south, at the barely rising sun. "We could... but we have been flying all night. The Solean crystals are low on power, we'll have to last at least another hour- shit!" Talyndra turned as she heard Elheim cuss. Another skyship had appeared out of the canopy barely several hundred yards behind them. They were being hemmed in!

"SOUND THE ALARM! ALL HANDS ON DECK, WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!" In response, a metallic clanging resounded throughout the Anarthiren, a warning bell was sounded. Elheim nodded to the duo to prepare themselves, but the cold morning was interrupted by yet another cry; this time, it was filled with urgency and horror.

A fiery streak arched through the sky from the second ship. A giant ball of destruction intended to incapacitate them. "PORT SIDE, EVADE! EVADE!" The Anarthiren lurched to the side, throwing Talyndra off her feet. She fell on her side crashing against some cargo boxes. Through winded eyes, she saw the fireball barely missing their skyship. Raining its devestation on the ground below. Following seeing the fireball miss its target, she notices that Glazist is no longer present with them on the deck.

. . . | . . .​

Yee! Ed' i'ear ar' elenea! - Eek! By the sea and stars!

Velkyn Velkyn Blue Aisle Blue Aisle Lekiel Lekiel yuckeroni yuckeroni Con-Amore Con-Amore

[

She scrambled to her feet in a panic. Shouts and the steady barks of commands filled the air as the rangers rushed onto the deck to defend their ship. Talyndra had earlier noted that not all the crew member bunks were filled, perhaps an indication that they had not expected to be attacked; especially by enemies who were quite clearly very resourceful. She glanced around and noted that several of the rangers had begun arming the large four-armed crossbows along the sides of the Anarthiren. With their serrated tips, the balistas were used to tear through lightsails or topple enemy skyship masts.

"I should've brought more mages... Halfryuin is the only one we've got, but we need him in the pilot box." Elheim was by her side once again, helping her up.

"Watch out!" Another warning cry. A fireball arched through the air, again from the second ship, this time it found its mark exploding against the side of theAnarthiren. The Heartwood hull flashed blue, as its magic absorbed the impact. Talyndra saw the attack coming and was ready this time, clinging tight to rigging to prevent herself from being thrown off balance again.

"Bastards-! I don't suppose you can return the favour in kind eh?" Elheim asked, though he already knew the answer. The thought of using her magic up here in the air terrified the young elf, as she clutched at the stone choker at her neck shaking her head vehemently. "I-I should not... Hard to control..."The captain nodded to show that he understood. There was a sudden triumphant cry, causing the two of them to look up. Two of the balistas had managed to score hits on the second skyship, tearing a wide gash across its sails and toppling one of its two masts. While it was by no means out of the fight, the crippled ship would be greatly slowed down.

"That should keep them at a distance! Darn fools!" Elheim shook his fist at the floundering craft. Their small early victory was short-lived as the first ship had nearly caught up to them. Talyndra could see the attackers now, as they stood with their belaying ropes in hand, ready to swing across the gap. Each was dressed in dark leathers, with their faces veiled. Most if not all of them were elves, judging by their weaponry and body build. There were many, easily outnumbering the twenty Calenfari rangers three to one. Talyndra's features hardened, a determined look crossed her eyes. She didn't know what they wanted but she was sure to make them pay!

"Your bow, Talyndra!" The elf turned and saw Melianne, one of the original four rangers than had accompanied them from the start. The ranger tossed a bow and quiver as she stepped onto the deck. Talyndra caught the weapon and hurried along to stand beside the ranger, as they lined the port side of the Anarthiren facing the oncoming Skyship.

"Archers, at the ready!" Elheim stood at the bridge, sword drawn as he brought up his hand to signal the archers. There was an excited gleam in his eye, as if the attack was the best thing that had happened to him in a long while.

Talyndra's mind was abuzz with a thousand scenarios and what-ifs, and her hands were clammy with cold sweat. Despite steeling her heart, she had never tasted battle before. There had been no need for that, when one spent the entirety of their life in the capital of the alliance. Sure she had participated in excursions before, but hunting and fighting wild beasts was quite different than an actual battle! She could hear the rush of her blood in her veins as her breathing came in short gasps; in spite of how she felt. the elf maintained her posture.

"Steady Talyndra, breathe." Melianne smiled encouragingly, seeing the distressed look in the younger elf's eyes. With practiced ease, the Emerald Ranger notched her bow along with her comrades. Their discipline flawless as they moved as one unit. Talyndra took a breath and followed suit, narrowing her eyes across the divide and singling out a target.

Hold... they're getting nearer... nearer...

"FIRE!"

She let loose her taught drawstring and felt the arrow whizz past her face. The two ships collided a few moments later.​

Last edited:
1AHEAjl.jpg
A sharp metallic alarm sounded just as the ship tilts, and Luis finds himself sliding from the door of the Aryan to the wall opposite of it. It was a violent collision, the tip of his rapier scratched the floor, leaving a crude line. All around him, the ship crew were abuzz. The Anarthiren shook as a loud bang came from the side of the ship.

Luis finds a himself a nearby door, and it unlocked. As he looked out the window of the empty guest room, he realized the aircraft was being flanked. Hostiles emerged from left and right, and they were firing at them. His complexion still green from the flying, Luis traced back his steps to his room, where he had left his crossbow. The weapon felt heavier than when he last held it, and he strapped it over his back. He made for the deck of the ship again, hoping it would provide him a better view of the situation.

On deck was a line of elven archers. He recognized them as Talyndra’s companions, and she was among them. The captain instructed the attack. They fired in unison as the closest enemy ship exposed their intention to board. It would become close combat should they succeed. The enemy combatants were also elven. It puzzled Luis to see the two factions attacking each other. He made his way to Talyndra, loading his bow as he approached. “Who’s attacking us, why—” He was cut off by another blast to the side of the ship, his knees buckling to avoid being swept off his feet. He swore under his breath as he struggled to keep his ground, his gaze never straying from the battle. Luis scanned their opponents, but they bore neither crests nor emblems. Hired assassins, he would think.

He held his weapon in firing position, and felt no need to poison his bolts. The enemies were dressed in leather, hardly protective against the heavier shot of a crossbow. He felt no healthier, and his aim may be off, but a hit should still keep one off the battlefield. Luis managed to pop several foes as they tried to board, but the number of them was overwhelming. Before long, his hand finds his rapier, ready to draw against the first attacker.

Above him, ember flew across the sky. He watched the magical blaze with a rooted disdain. They were using both magic and ballistae. Luis wondered how long it would be before the Anarthiren falls. The odds looked grimmer by the second, with multiple enemy ships and an injured vessel. The elves seemed bent on defending their dirigible, but Luis quietly entertained the idea of a way to abandon the wounded airship.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back