• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic City Life Dream Organisation IC

Outside it was snowing. A blizzard had left the snow ankle deep. It was still dark out despite it already being 7am. Ao wearing a long coat and boots was on her way to the local market to get some fresh fish. While she didn't necessarily need food with her body, eating something was still enjoyable. At the market, an old lady with a prosthetic eye stood at the counter with probably ancient enka music playing in the background. It was a rural market, so barely anything was automated here. The probably highest tech things in the market at the time being were the old lady's eye and Ao's body.

"What would you like to buy today, Ao-chan?" The old lady said. Ao then replied: "I guess some albacore tuna, the usual sake and a pack of nori." The old lady went to grab the stuff. "You know, if my younger sister were still alive today, she'd be 82. In my condition, I could easily become 100. With your body though, you'd probably be immortal." The old lady said. Ao giggled and said: "I doubt it. My brain is still human, so it will probably give out after 200 years or so."

The lady packed the stuff in a reusable net and Ao swiped her hand above a field on the counter with a confirmation beep, confirming that the wares had been paid for. Ao then said: "Sorry that I have to leave already. We can talk more another time." She then waved goodbye and left. Outside town seemed dead and the streets were barely lit. But the CLDO would do something about that sometime. Maybe make efficiently lit streets and sidewalks and maybe even install heating elements for the winter time.

Meanwhile near the hangout, Yuki was checking the lights along the pathway and shoveling snow. He shoveled tirelessly. The modifications made any physical task far easier than for normal humans. There was one section of lighting that wasn't working but an easy LED unit replacement got it working again.

The lonely robot walked through the empty hall.He had done all his chores within the eastern wing.
He did luandry,
Swepped the the floors,
Dusted the shelves
And mopped the halls.
He felt like he had forgotten something, he got done earlier that inticipated.
He immediatily got bored and left to go take a stroll.
Suddenly one of his sensers picked up something outside.He searched the most recent camera footage and found a human figure shoveling the pathway.This instantly made him short circuit.

The chore that he had forgotten to do was to shovel the eastern wing pathway.

This robot was called a Servicedroid.They are from a special series of AI that is programmed to complete various tasks.This can range from manual labour to emotional help.These robots are even programmed with diffenent and unique traits and personalities.
This meant that the robot also had various traits in his programme.Some of which that are displeasing.
One of those traits for this spefic robot was forgetfulness.

This robot didn't like this at all.Everyday his forgetfulness messes up multiple tasks and services, some of which weren't even his!This fact made him short-circuit every single minute while he rushed towards the person doing his job.When he finally got to the person,he bowed his head to apologize for his mistake.

Yuko takes inventory in his home, checking which people have books with due dates coming soon. Seems that an Ao has a due date coming soon.

He watched the snow outside and went to get his tea. It was only going to get colder. But people would still come, it was a small town after all.

Ao was on her way back to the hangout. While it was cold, for her it was easy just to manipulate her system to feel as if it was room temperature. It was still snowing. At one point it seemed she had stepped on a patch of ice, slipped and fell head first onto the concrete sidewalk causing a cracking sound. The sound didn't come from her. Instead she created a crack in the segment of the sidewalk. Ao on the other hand didn't even have a scratch or dent and she didn't lose anything from her tied net of groceries. "Note to self. Get cleats for shoes or add spikes to feet for ice." Ao said. She turned left into the alley the hangout was at. In the distance, she saw Yuki and the service droid.

Yuki turned towards the robot and said: "No need to apologize. When it snows work easily goes to waste as the snow piles back up. I needed to shovel anyways to check the circuits in the group and eventually do some maintenance." Yuki lifted a stone revealing circuits underneath. Out of his finger came a cutting node with which he cut the wire. He then took a new piece of wire and soldered it. Once his work was finished, the defective light section lit back up. He saw Ao turn into the street and smiled.

The anxious robot lifted his head.He directed his attention to who he was smiling at.Before them stood was Ao, with groceries in his hands, or was it her hands?
The robot was still utterly confused.Ao had told him countless times that she'd prefered to be refered as a female but he always forgot or got confused.

He was very nervous when he was around her.He couldnt disrespect her but his couriosity couldnt be left alone.He stood up straight but before he could speak, he stuttered.He suddenly asked the question to himself.

-AM I A MALE OR FEMALE?-

This made his circuits spark again.He questioned himself over and over.

-AM I A MALE OR FEMALE?-

This was another one of his bad traits.He'd always forgets tasks and begins to overthink it...
These two things made him feel like a mistake.Becuase of him feeling this way it made him overthink even more, and he had forgotten that there were people watching sparks fly out of his head.

This went on for about 3 minutes before he completely shut down to reboot, as he fell face-down into the snow...

Yuki was alarmed at the overload the service robot had experience but Ao wasn't too alarmed. "Out here he should be able to cool down faster than inside." Ao said. Yuki nodded and said: "Okay. I guess so."

"Anyways, I probably broke a sidewalk panel on my way back. I slipped on the ice and hit my head against the sidewalk. I didn't see any damage or dents on me, but the sidewalk looked cracked." Ao said. Yuki then giggled. "That titanium head of yours could probably stop bullets." Ao giggled too.

"I have to continue working on my project now. I am trying to make upgrades to make skin more life like and sensations more human. It is still noticeable that we are cyborgs anyways since our skin isn't exactly soft and it shines a bit unnaturally." Ao said. "I will see you inside. Once the bot is back up and running again, maybe you two shove come."

Yuki nodded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back