• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Ciel and Sebastian in Gotham City!

Zachy1993

One Thousand Club
@HoneyPhantomhive

It came for me when I was a boy of nine years old, I had fallen through the ground into a cavern...I remember looking for something in the dark..hearing something scraping and clawing about.

Then I saw it...an enormous creature on leathery wings..with two eyes that seemed to glow like fire. I remember my father pulling me out of the cavern...before it could reach me.

A week later, my parents and I were walking down an alley after seeing the Mark of Zorro.

I still remember my father pushing me protectively behind him...I remember the sound of the gun going off in his chest.

Watching the nameless figure press the gun against my mother's chin...and pulling the trigger.

Pearls. My mother's favorite pearl necklace shatters. I watch them fall to the ground...I watch everything my mother was hit the pavement in a bloody wad.

-

--

-

-*Wayne Manor*-

"Master Bruce, you have a telephone call. A Mr. Sebastian Michaelis...he says he works for the Funtom company." Alfred Pennyworth entered the lounge, finding his young master staring at a portrait of his parents above the fireplace mantle.

"Shall I...tell them to call back?" Alfred asked.

"No." Bruce wandered over and picked up the rotary phone in Alfred's hands. "Hello?"

Sebastian twirled a pen around in his fingers. He was sitting in a side office they had built just recently. Much to keep up with the times, he supposed. Except he didn't like these times. He didn't like any times, he supposed.

He laid the pen against his chin. He leaned against the small corded phone against his ear forcefully. He considered his words carefully before speaking. "Hello, there. Bruce, correct? Bruce Wayne?" he clarified, even though he knew it was. "Owner of Wayne Corporation?"

His eyes wandered around the walls, staring at the dark and bland paintings around the walls. They were always so drab, in his opinion. So dark and gloomy. The way he knew his young master liked it.

@Zachy1993

Last edited by a moderator:
"Yes, that's me. Alfred told me you are named Sebastian Michaelis? You work for Mr. Phantomhive....owner of Funtom corp? Going to guess this is business related?" Bruce mused. Alfred was dusting in the background.

"If you wish we can all discuss this in person, that is if this is a business call." Bruce offered.

Sebastian noted how much he seemed to know about the company. However, they were the leading toy maker. It was hard to enter a shop without encountering some of their wide variety of toys and candies. "That would be splendid," he said. "Of course, we would love to have you here. To show you the Phantomhive hospitality."

He began mentally compiling a list of things that they needed to accomplish for this visit.

"Alright, does five this afternoon sound alright? Would it be alright if I brought my butler and friend, Alfred along? " Bruce asked.

"But sir, the mansion-" Alfred could be heard on the background protesting.

"Will be fine if you accompany me." Bruce could be heard finishing, "So is that alright with Mr. Phantomhive?" Bruce said into the phone.

Once the call and time for meet-up was decided, Bruce handed the phone back to Alfred after hanging up. "What do you know of the Phantomhives, Alfred?" Bruce asked.

"Only that the heir to the fortune and Funtom corporation is Ciel Phantomhive...he is thirteen years old. Remarkable that if I may so so, sir. You two share a bit in common...both of you lost your parents at a young age, both of you heirs to enormous fortune and companies, both of you have had to abandon childhood quite quickly." Alfred said.

"If he's anything like me...he doesn't want my pity Alfred."

A television screen in the Phantomhive mansion depicted helicopter news footage of police trying, and failing, to stop an armored van that had been hijacked by criminals. That was when a large vehicle roared past the cop cars:

mEJfCU9.jpg

The cockpit of the Batmobile opened and a figure in a dark cape and pointy-eared cowl leaped out, the vehicle still driving on autopilot. The figure landed on the roof of the armored truck, and leaned down off the side..tossing an explosive underneath the right rear tire.

Sebastian set down the phone lightly. He looked up at the television screen just in time to see the heavily armored vehicle speeding along. He ran his tongue over his bottom lip Could that be him? he wondered. It's awful fast. But what could he have use for such a big, and fast, car?

Sebastian was poised to research Bruce Wayne when when he heard the bell ringing from Ciel's study. He sighed and pushed the chair he was sitting in back, the wood scraping on the floor loudly.

As he approached the study, he couldn't help but keep thinking about the strange car. He assessed what he knew about the Wayne family. He knew that the man whom he had just spoken to had lost his parents, not unlike Ciel. He also knew Mr. Wayne ran Wayne Corporation and was incredibly rich.

He poked his head into the room where Ciel was. "Sir," he said quietly. Ciel's head jerked up from its position leaning up against his hand, where he appeared to be asleep. His eyes flew open.

"W-what?" Ciel stammered. Sebastian noted how exhausted his young master looked.

"Mr. Wayne will be coming at five," Sebastian told Ciel. Ciel nodded and waved his hand in the air, dismissing him. His head returned to its former position.

"Yes. Alright," he said drowsily. "Full Phantomhive hospitality, blah blah blah..." Sebastian furrowed his eyebrows. His master was never like this. Sebastian merely nodded and stepped out of the room, beginning preparations.

Ciel's study also held a small television hanging on the wall, and it (and the one near Sebastian) showed the news helicopter filming the continued chase.

"These are believed to be the gang members who earlier today killed several bank employees and the guards who operated the armored car you're seeing now, before fleeing with the money." the newswoman said.

displayed the large vehicle boosting past the armored car with Batman crouching on it. A turbo booster propelled the Batmobile forward into a second getaway vehicle...causing the vehicle containing these criminals to flip from the impact and land upside down in the street. The helicopter's camera zoomed in on the bleeding and injured criminals crawling out of the overturned vehicle...and being surrounded by Gotham Police Department cars.

Batman leaned on his stomach on the roof of the armored truck that was still speeding along, and smashed the windshield open with his fist. The passenger crook leaned out the side window and attempted to shoot him off the roof, Batman threw a batarang into the barrel of the gun just as he pulled the trigger.

The gun exploded and blew off one of the criminal's fingers, and blinded him in his right eye. "Jesus! My hand! I can't see!"

Batman leaped down onto the hood of the truck and dodged another two bullets from the driver...before snapping the thug's wrist against the wheel and smashing his forehead with his fist...knocking him out cold. Reaching into the cab, he hit the emergency brake and the armored truck came to a stop.

Ciel didn't move his head, just looked up at the television screen. He furrowed his eyebrows as he watched the black figure move about fluidly. He tilted his head slightly, his hand dipping with the movement of his head. He blinked quickly. He noted that the man was large and buff- he had obviously been doing this for some time. Of course he had- he was Batman, the mysterious hero of Gotham.

He wondered who Batman really was, and what they were doing out at this time. He knew that the man was normally around at night, and it was only about four thirty. That made Ciel a bit suspicious- wasn't Bruce Wayne coming over? He had noticed that he had a similar figure as the hero, but this made his suspicions grow.

Ciel pushed himself out of the large rolling chair. He stood up warily, his legs tickling as the blood began rushing through them. He had been sitting down for hours. He pushed out of the room and to the bathroom, running a hand through his hair. Ciel spotted Sebastian dashing by. Ciel turned to him and said, "Keep an eye on that Wayne figure." Sebastian looked suspicious but merely nodded. "Yes, my lord," he said and walked off, keeping an eye on the television screens around the manor.

At precisely 5 o' clock the front doorbell rang, Bruce Wayne stood on the doorstep dressed in a suit and tie, Alfred wore a formal hat and his own suit. "Are you certain this is acceptable, sir? The mansion-" Alfred began as they awaited the door to be answered.

"It will be fine, the security system will do it's job if someone gets an idea. Who knows, you might become friends with Sebastian...share butler tips." Bruce teased, eliciting a small chuckle from Alfred.

Sebastian swung the door open and bowed, all the staff lined up on either side of the door. "Welcome to the Phantomhive manor!" They greeted in unison. 13 year old Ciel Phantomhive stood at the end of the row, one hand on his hip and smiling determinedly. He was wearing the same blue tunic with black bow in the back.

"Mr. Wayne," he greeted smoothly as if he wasn't a "thirteen" year old addressing an adult.

"Pleasure to meet you!" Bruce said extending his hand enthusiastically to Ciel, 'You must be Ciel Phantomhive? I am Bruce Wayne, this is my butler Alfred Pennyworth."

Alfred bowed at Ciel and Sebastian and the staff. "Mr. Wayne seems to think I needed to get out of the house..." He turned to Sebastian, "Said I should trade butler-ing tips with you...I assume you are Sebastian Michaelis?"

Ciel smirked in an attempt at a smile. He shook the man's hand vigorously. He was tired of his cheery demeanor already. "It's good to see you," he said. "I trust you are doing well?"

Sebastian nodded and chuckled softly. "Humbled to make your acquaintance," he told him. "Mister Pennyworth. Please inform me of anything you or your master require."

"Yes I am, yourself? I am looking forward to working with your company, if indeed that is the plan?" Bruce smirked back.

"Well I would certainly like to know more about you and the Phantomhive estate and family. How long have you been in their service?" Alfred asked Sebastian.

Ciel nodded, inspecting the man. He seemed well-built and well-nourished. He was a millionaire, after all. He noted that he had the same physique as the strange man in black. "Yes. Why don't we discuss it over dinner?

Sebastian laid a finger on his chin as if he had trouble with the question. "A little over three years," he lied. He had started when Ciel was about 10, one month after his parents died. That was hundreds of years ago. "You?"

"I was actually brought in by Thomas and Martha Wayne to serve as a butler when Master Bruce was around nine years old. Thomas ran a clinic so I think he appreciated having someone experienced in army medicine around the house in case an accident would happen." Alfred said with a smile.

At the mention of dinner Bruce nodded. Soon Alfred and Bruce sat on either side of the table and Ciel at the head. "If I am correct you company, Funtom, specializes in toys and candies? The word toy can have quite a broad meaning these days, so I'm curious if Funtom specializes in classic things like teddy bears, board games and whatnot..or if you've considered branching out to include electronic entertainment such as video games?" Bruce took a bit of the steak they had been served and chewed it before swallowing, "Either way I'm sure both of us can help each other out by bringing something to the table." Bruce smiled.

Ciel propped his elbows up on top of the table informally and laid his chin in his hands. "We haven't yet expanded into the electronic industry," he admitted, his tone unshameful. "Although, I've indeed pondered in the matter." He leaned forward, crossing his ankles underneath his chair. Stupid kids these days. We never needed technology to get about! he thought spitefully, not unlike an old man. He wasn't to blame- he was truthfully hundreds of years old. However, he of all people knew the constant urge to stay in the times. He had lived through the Victorian era, after all. He had managed to constantly stay up with the style. "And from my understanding, you span the market in your choice of merchandise?"

Bruce smiled and nodded, "Wayne Aerospace, Wayne Technologies, Wayne Foods, Shipping, Wayne Yards, Wayne Industries, Wayne Biotech, Wayne Medical, Electronics, Entertainment, Construction, Chemicals and finally Wayne Steel." Bruce named off.

"There is also the Thomas Wayne Foundation and the Martha Wayne Foundation, named after my mother and father. Thomas Wayne Foundation focuses on medical breakthroughs and medical help, focused on the poor and impoverished who might not be able to afford proper healthcare."

"Martha Wayne Foundation supports and runs a number of orphanages, free schools, and provides proper teaching for those with learning disabilities."

Ciel blinked in surprise but didn't let it show. Instead, he merely tipped his head slightly to the right. He noticed with great pleasure that there was no Wayne toys or sweets. He leaned back, grabbing the arms of the chair tightly and closing his eyes. "How... Honorable," he started, not looking up. "I feel that you and I combined could do wonders for the both of us, not mentioning the people we serve." Like I care. His eyes flew open.

After dinner, Bruce and Alfred were shown around the Phantomhive estate. Alfred was chatting with Sebastian, "I'm curious as to what your background is, Mr. Michaelis. I was actually brought on by the Waynes after a tour of Vietnam as a medical officer. I suppose they saw potential in my background to mend scrapes and the like that young master Bruce may encounter."

Bruce was seated with Ciel in the study, "So I'm curious if you have any hobbies in your spare time? I can imagine the Funtom company requires a lot of your attention."

That was when a pair of headlights from a large van shone in the window, Alfred spotted the armed men getting out of the truck. "Get down!" he shouted.

A smoke grenade was launched through the window....causing the group to be separated.

A large musclebound man with scales growing from his skin and his teeth and fingernails filed to points stepped into the room. "Never thought we'd find Bruce Wayne AND the Phantomhive brat in one gig!"

A tall figure wearing a black cowl with white slits for eyes, and a flowing dark cape stepped forward from the fading smoke.

Ciel's heart leapt at the sudden noise. His eyes flew around the room, but his sight was abruptly interrupted by the smoke filling the room. His heart began to pick up in pace, but he refused to let anyone in the room see it. No, he had to remain cool. He had always done so and was determined to keep it up. He didn't follow Bruce's orders... it's not like he could see him anymore, anyways.

As soon as the strange man spoke, he furrowed his eyebrows. He had never heard that voice before, and Ciel was pretty sure he'd been captured by every villain in this town and beyond. Apparently not. It seemed that the villains just infected others, not unlike a virus. People had to get their influences somewhere, it seemed. Just like him. Except he wasn't sure where he stood. He wasn't exactly the best role model, but he did extinguish the occasional bad guy.

The person's voice didn't quite seem normal. It wasn't the accent of these stupid Americans, and it wasn't any foreign accent he'd ever heard before. And he'd been a great many places before, what with his job and other excursions- Earthly and not.

He looked over at the hooded figure. He noted that it was very strong and well hidden. It seemed to be the same man he had seen on the TV screen not three hours earlier. He found it odd that he would show up so quickly.

Ciel's eyes scanned over the creature. He was dressed in mostly black, and his bulging skin was ridden with scales. It had pointed nails, looking a bit like claws. He knew he couldn't take it alone; he hadn't grown since he first became a demon, which was unfortunately when he was 13 years old. However, he knew that Bruce was quite strong, not to mention his butler, Alfred, along with Sebastian.

Ciel didn't flinch at the harsh tone of the man. However, what he said did set off a small alarm. He tilted his head up slightly, to give himself a slight boost in appearance of power- and he most certainly needed it. He hated that he still looked 13. Damn useless body! he scolded himself mentally. Why won't you grow?! You can do almost anything else! He kept silent to keep his calm demeanor, yet he glared at the creature disapprovingly.

Several thugs wielding guns surrounded them, Batman threw several devices onto the men's guns...upon the squeeze of the trigger..the guns became electrified and zapped them with volts of electricity until they were unconscious. Croc rushed toward Ciel with his mouthful of sharp teeth wide open to clamp down on the boy's throat. The tall caped figure of Batman darted in front of Ciel and delivered a kick to the freak's chin...knocking a tooth loose in the process.

Sebastian would move behind Ciel, "Are you alright sir?" he asked his young master. Alfred wasn't far behind. Croc stood up and swiped at Batman with his claws, the vigilante dodged and ducked from the razor sharp appendages. Leaping around to grab Croc around the neck, Batman smashed the freakish man's face into the floor. He then slammed his foot down on Croc's arm...causing it to crack and snap..rendering it useless as he stomped again and gave the beast a compound fracture in his left arm. "AAARGH!" Croc screamed in pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back