• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Chronicles of Cre' Est

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)

Chronicles of Cre' Est

(This RP is private between myself and two of my friends. Please do not ask to join this RP. Thank you!)

Morning...

How long did they sleep? Was it truly only a few hours? Surely not. It had to have been longer than that. Regardless, Cretas awoke with Lemnia in her arms, fast asleep, and a sore and achy back from the horrible cot they were sleeping on.

"Ugh." She grumbled as she slowly worked her way to the edge without waking Lem, whom she gently lifted over so her head was on the pillow.

Walking up on deck she spied Tora in his usual spot sitting on the mast and watching her carefully as she stretched her arms high until her elbows and back both cracked.

"Ooh, that felt good." She muttered.

She grabbed the railing of the ship and gently twisted around until her lower back cracked, and then the other way to the same result. Rubbing the small of her back as best she could she turned and sat on the railing. She glanced back to Tora a moment wondered why his eyes were glued to her like that. He normally would be relaxing and watching the horizon. However, a quick diversion of his glance to the upper deck and the wheel drew her gaze.

"Oh... That's why." She whispered.

The Captain was standing beside the wheel with a crooked smile. His eyes were locked on Tora, who returned the stare. Cretas glanced between them and could practically feel the malice hidden within the Captain's smile, and Tora's silent fury standing in firm opposition to it. In every way this was a battle in and of itself between the two men. Eventually the Captain was forced to look away as one of his men approached and asked for confirmation of whether or not their current heading was correct for whenever they chose to leave port. And so Tora relaxed his gaze and returned it to Cretas with the most subtle of nods, which she returned.

Desmiel, thank you. She thought.

"Momma?"

Cretas looked over and found Lemnia sleepily rubbing her eyes as she stumbled over to her mother's now open and waiting arms as she was scooped up.

"You should still be sleeping, love."

"Can't."

"Why not?"

"The pillow wasn't comfy."

"Aw, I'm sorry love."

"Mommy's more comfy."
She replied while leaning against Cretas and closing her eyes.

Cretas' heart melted, and she couldn't stop herself from rubbing cheeks with Lem and kissing her temple. Lem fell asleep almost immediately which made Cretas' smile grow wider. But when Tora dropped from the mast with one hand holding the scabbard of his blade, Cretas knew what was happening.

"The little angel be sleepin' already?"

"She's tired."

"Aye. Are ye sure ye don't wanna put 'er ta bed in me quarters? Bed's softer n' wot's down in da belly ov the ship."

"No, thank you."

"'Ave it yer way, lassie."

The Captain walked back up to the main deck and once again stood by the wheel as the crewman from earlier walked off the ship via the plank leading to the shore below and wandered off into the village. While watching him, Cretas jumped a bit when Tora touched her shoulder.

'"Sorry to scare you."

"Oh, no. It's fine. Thank you for looking out for us."

"Of course."

"You think he'd try anything right now?"

"No."

"You sure?"

"He's brazen. Not stupid."

"I could argue that point."

Tora chuckled. "I'm sure you could. For now try not to worry."

"Will do."

Tora nodded and returned to the mast, but this time simply leaned against it while keeping his eyes on the Captain and Cretas, the latter of whom decided it best to go into the village as well if not just to get Lem away from the ship for a while. A lonely log near the center of the village served as a rather convenient chair for Cretas as she sat down and slid Lem onto her lap for support.

"That's a bit better," she whispered while stroking Lem's hair.

Looking up at the lightly cloudy skies, and then to the greenery surrounding the village, she found herself for the first time contemplating if she'd made a mistake in coming this far with Lohren at the helm. But thoughts of the Captain soon gave way to a nightmare as she observed one of the few passing clouds took shape. Cretas found her hands trembling and her jaw clenching, and she could feel her heart skipping beats in her chest.

Quickly she looked away and caught her breath before looking at Lem and stroking her hair for her own comfort.

"He's gone, Cretas... He's gone. Just... Just calm down. It'll all be okay." She whispered.

Suddenly, a drop of water fell on Lem's cheek. But... It wasn't raining. Cretas used one finger to feel her face and found a single tear had rolled down without her knowing. Her mouth hung open slightly, but quickly closed as she sniffed back anymore that might fall in favor of nuzzling Lem which helped reduce her heart rate.

"Desmiel, help me."

Pantheran Pantheran Firewind Firewind

Korrin woke that morning rubbing his head. Did he remember even sleeping? Or dreaming for that matter? The young hunter and fighter blinked at the goings on of the morning, realizing he slept by a barrel near the docks. Adjusting his boar hood cloak over his newly bought attire he stood up, and began stretching his legs that very minute. Then his conscious mind caught up to him and he recalled the events of the other day.

That buffoon bugging Miss A’hana. Village leader’s kid if I recall. He mused in his mind. Wonder if I should make his life a living-… No. No. Dumb idea Korrin. After all I’m only a visitor making A pit stop on the expedition to the New World. I can’t piss people off for no…Wait is that Miss Cretas?

Indeed, he spotted his employer, carrying her daughter in her arms, away from the ship. He glanced in it’s general direction, having several suspicions but he didn't know what for certain he was thinking was correct. He needed to talk to Tora, or go check on Miss Cretas. He opted to do the latter, as the former required going onto the ship, which he’d rather not.

He just gotten the sensation of solid ground off of him. How normal sailors got by their day managing to walk around a ship and then on dry land without losing their center of gravity Korrin would never know.

Regardless of such things, Korrin continued on his current objective. Spying Cretas holding a napping Lemnia he walked towards the log, keeping an eye out for A’hana, if she was out and about, and waved a hand towards the Mapmaker. “Morning Miss Cretas. Rough night, or Rough morning…?” he asked, albeit awkwardly, as he sat on the other end of the log, scratching his head. It was odd to him. She was his employer, yet he didn’t know much about her beyond that. Did it bother him for short term? No. For the long Expedition ahead of them all? Probably.

After the usual morning duties of bringing Captain Lohran his meal, cleaning around the ship and moving crates, he was ordered to fetch more wine for the Captain. So he had made his way to the closests tavern and headed at the counter, pushing a small wooden trolley to help carry them back.

”I need two crates of your finest wine.” He told the man manning the bar.

”Right. I was told you'd come. Let me go get them downstairs.” He said, leaving to the backroom.

”Hey, you! You brat! Come here!” A patron shouted. Collen ignored him and just waited by the counter.

”Aren't you from that ship? You bunch just think you can come here and demand everything from us, don't you?”

Collen still ignored the shouts, as he had grown used to name calling. Besides, it wasn't worth risking to be kicked out of the bar and lose the wine. The patron however wasn't giving up and suddenly got up walking to him in quick steps. Collen, with Tora's training, almost instinctively sturdied his stance and shifted his attention to his footsteps. The patron extended his arm to grab Collen by the collar, but he quickly docked down and stepped on the side avoiding it.

”You brat!” He shouted, flailing his arm in the air for a moment, before getting back in stand.

“Hey, I’m not here to cause prob- FUCK!” Collen barely dodged a right hook as he was still getting up. Irritated, he grabbed the man by his left arm and using his body weight, pulled and twisted the arm behind the man, who groaned in pain.

“You stupid little-!”

“What’s going on here?” The bar keeper had returned with the crates, looking furious.

“Nothing. Nothing.” The patron said almost sheepishly as Collen let go off his arm and stepped away from him.

“Just take your wine and go.” He heaved the crates on the cart and shooed Collen off.

“He didn’t even pay for them!” The patron exclaimed as Collen was taking his leave.

“They were paid yesterday you moron.” The barkeep replied, smacking him with a rag.

However as Collen left, another man, a crewmate named Ricky Thompson joined to walk next to him. “That was some good maneuvering there kid. Never seen you do anything like that before.” He said.

Collen immediately felt nervous. “Ah, I just… I guess my instincts just kicked in?” He tried but Ricky simply laughed.

“Don’t fool an old timer like me. Someone’s given you lessons haven’t they? One of the new crew?”

Collen stayed silent.

“Thought so. You know what? Sneak me an extra portion of the meal tonight and my lips are sealed.” He patted him on the shoulder.

Cretas had managed to steady her heart rate before Korrin had come to ask her about her day. She was still stroking Lem's hair for self-comfort as he sat down, and she heard his inquiry. But her eyes remained a thousand miles away for a few seconds before they brightened, and she looked up to him with a smile.

"Good morning, Korrin. It's been a bit of an odd morning."

Her hand that was stroking Lem's hair stopped midway down the girl's head, and Cretas looked at it out of the corner of her eye. Her hand was still subtly shaking. Her heart rate was steady. So it must be nerves.

By Desmiel, I could use a stiff drink right now. She thought.

"Mmrmm."

Cretas shook herself out of her thoughts and smiled as she kept stroking Lem's hair while she slept.

"What about you, Korrin? I saw the other day you seem to have made a friend from the village. Is she nice?"

Korrin nodded and sat with Cretas, not at all thinking of anything in particular except actually doing his job of making sure no one bothered Mother and Daughter. Especially since despite her response, the way her hand shook was nothing short of making him wonder if something was distressing her.

However, when Lemnia briefly groaned in her sleep that shook any concern of hypotheticals. And his train of thought was lost even further when Cretas asked about his communications and activities with A’hana. A brief dusting of pink fluttered through his face. “M-Miss A’hana? W-Well…” He said, sounding like an embarrassed schoolboy with a crush. “Y-Yes she is. Very very nice. Taught me a new way of catching fish, and we talked some. She’s a very good hunter. I bet if she could, she could hold her own in a fight. But her hair, her eyes, and her smile…“ he trailed off and just sighed.

“Odd thing is the Flame’s been more calmer when I’ve been with her. Hasn’t been crawling around as much.“ He muttered, scratching the back of his neck. He had no idea why that was.

"Ah, I see." She replied with a mischievous smile as he spoke about A'hana.

"So, it's pretty obvious you like her. Are you going to stay? Or ask her to come along?"

Korrin blinked at the question. Ask her to come along? He thought to himself. His heart pounded at the very question. It would be a big question to ask her to come with a stranger she only met and gotten to know over a span of several days. It would be a costly decision to stay and watch Cretas, Lemnia, Tora and the others leave to continue the expedition.

The New World. He had forgotten that was what the journey entailed. To be this far and to lose the opportunity. But he knew he couldn’t stay here forever. He could, but the chance to finally make something of his life, to finally escape the shadow of his past.

To ask her to come along though. She could say no, he’d respect that, her village would obviously need her here. He scratched the back of his head as he tried to formulate an answer for Cretas.
“I… I do not know, Miss Cretas. I’ll ask her. But It’s a big question to ask her, I don’t know if she’ll say yes, and it’d be my responsibility if she got hurt, or worse…” He trailed off, as he looked back toward the ship as one singular subject crossed his mind. “Him.”

Cretas nodded.

"Well, I wish you the best of luck. And remember, if you don't ask the answer is always 'no.'"

She gave him a smile and a wink and picked up Lem to start heading back towards the ship. She'd finally managed to calm herself down all the way and felt safe enough with Tora on deck to head back there for now.

But that reminded her... What had become of Collen? She hadn't seen him in a spell. And she hoped he was all right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back