Chosen of the Rift - Rules

Ixidor92

Game master
All base RPN rules apply

Posting rules:

-Please try to post at least once every day. If you miss a day or two, I won't snap at you, but if you're going to be gone longer than that please try to let me know in advance.

-If your character does an action that requires a roll, finish the post with that roll, and then I will state the results.

-Sometimes, I may roll for your character(s) as a reaction to a particular happenstance. In that case, you will see a message (Roll pending) at the bottom of the post. Please do not continue until this has been removed.

-You may not use Bluff/Diplomacy/Intimidate on other PC's. If you want to convince them to do something, you'll have to do it the conventional way.

D&D house rules

-Clerics automatically have proficiency with their deity's favored weapon

-0 level spells are not used up upon casting. Casters who prepare their spells can cast whatever 0 level spells they prepared as many times as they want. Caster who don't prepare their spells can cast any cantrips they know as many times as they want.

-As a special rule of the above, the cantrip Cure minor wounds has some restrictions. A character cannot benefit from the spell more than once per hour and once per encounter. This is to prevent people from sitting around for a an hour to heal 60 hp.

-Carrying capacity: As long as the amount of gear your character is carrying seems reasonable, I won't worry too much about it. That being said, if you want to continually walk around with thousands of gold pieces, you'll want to invest in a bag of holding pretty darn quickly.

-Sensing an opponent's strength: The following skills have the added use of being able to guess an opponents strength.

Sense motive:

-DC 15: Opposing character's level, up to five levels upon own level

-DC20: Opposing character's base attack bonus

-DC30: Bonus to hit and damage with opponent's currently wielded weapon

-DC40: Reveal 1d4+1 special martial attacks or feats the opponent has access to

Heal:

-DC 20: Reveal one of opposing character's physical ability scores (your choosing). For every 10 you beat this check by, you learn another ability score (so a score of 40 reveals all three).

-Spellcraft:

-DC 15: Check whether opponent has access to spell casting

-DC 20: Discover highest level spell an opponent can cast, up to your spell level

-DC 25: Discover highest level spell an opponent can cast, up to 3 above your spell level

-DC 30: Average save DC on opponent's spells

-DC 40: Get a broad idea of what spells the opponent specializes in

Last edited by a moderator:
Additionally, if you prepare spells (everyone so far) It would be very helpful if you posted what spells you have prepared for the day given below. Whenever you prepare new spells, you can just alter your old post

--------------------------------------

Inu:

Cantrips: Ray of Frost, Mage hand, Message

Orisons: Cure minor wounds, Detect magic, Flare

1st level Wu-Jen: Magic Missile, Backbiter

1st level Druid: Cure light wounds, Produce Flame

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back