Story [Choose Your Own Adventure] The Final Exam - Magicide

TIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE BBBBBBBRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR (I think)

[X] Do as he says

The other two options are a bit too risky even though our character might not have the things he have it was mentioned she had jewelry on her, she may be able to kick his but but with a knife at her neck the mugger could detect what she's up to and simply kill her and take her stuff from her dead body.

As for Arma distracting him I don't see how he would be incompetent enough to just drop the knife because a bird is being annoying, unless the bird directly attacks him but that doesn't really fill in the definition of distraction much. As well as we could put on a nice charade a few tears here and there he might show pity and anyways we can always attack in again later on and get our stuff back. Let's try to value our characters life a bit more guys.

The link above is almost exactly what I was talking about, just to clear up any confusion that might have been presented, though I still have no objection to talking him down or agreeing to what he says, just so long as we're not putting our lives in Arma's talons, no matter how smart that bird is I don't trust 'em XP

I'm not entirely sure of the physical capabilities our character possesses, but for the public's pleasure (not), I second the notion of epic kicking. Kicking of the ass that is.

I second Heartsteal's plan, or King's. Both sound good to me. o vo-b

[x] Kick his f****** ass

Last edited by a moderator:
(@GgAcE This IS in the right section,I hope?)

[x] Kick his ass! Heartsteal-style!

Well,that simply won't do! To Hell with giving him anything! You're not going to let some local bumpkin slit your throat and take your things! Thankfully,self-defense and combat were part of the curriculum at the Academy. You got his wrist in an iron vicegrip with your free hand,and haul the arm to the right as you leaned to the left,into his elbow,moving the knife away from your throat. With the knife not such an immediate danger,you turn to the right while ducking under his arm,twisting and pulling your right wrist free of his own grip. The would-be-mugger,with his own knife now pitching towards his face,yelps in alarm,and tries to scramble away,only to straighten his arm.

By now,you're back upright,and facing him,in total control of his arm. Taking the opportunity to put him out of action,considering the cramped quarters,you put your right hand on your left,and bring your recently-liberated elbow to bear,pressing against his own elbow. Noticing your gambit,the mugger starts to orbit you,attempting to avoid his elbow breaking.

And he keeps on going until he kisses the brick wall to your left. "None too bright,are you?" With your elbow still pressed against his,you rotate his shoulder forward just a touch,then pretty much bear all of your weight back down on his elbow,forcing the thug to his knees,lest the joint break. You quickly switch hands,and use your left hand to effortlessly relieve him of the knife. At a glance,the blade is about eight inches long. Damn,that's a pig-sticker! Getting your mind back into the game,you turn your attention back to the piece of trash that just tried to steal from you. What should I do...?

[] Interrogate him (Write-in about what)

[] Kill him with his own knife.

[] Kill him with magic

[] Kill him without a weapon

[] Maim him (Write-in how)

[] Let Arma at him

[] Let him go

(Note: You can choose multiple options from this list. Just make sure they aren't mutually exclusive. Order of appearance on the vote is order of execution.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[X]Interrogate him: Where to find housing, then weapons. With the other aspirants ahead of you, you imagine that will be the next thing they'll be searching for, whether for use or research is up to them.

[X]Maim him: Finish with his elbow before moving on.

I agree with heart on all but the maiming.

[x]Interrogate him (as heartsteal said)

[x] Maim him. I say instead of breaking his elbow, in which case he can still move, take him out of commission temporarily by giving his head a solid whack against the wall, knocking him unconscious.

[x] Interrogate him (heartseal)

[x] Maim him: I agree with King, put some strength in your leg and hit him with a spin kick below the jaw. Its best to have him go take a little nap so that having him follow you and do a sneak attack is less likely to happen now.

What King said...

[x]Interrogate him (as heartsteal said)

[x] Maim him (like king said)

[x] Interrogate: Arms and board.

[x] Maim him: Cranial trauma.

[x] Eye for an eye.

You glower at the thug,cowering and sniveling pathetically under your foot. Apparently,he didn't mean to mug you. How the f*** does that work!? Whatever. He's obviously trying to get out of this with his skin intact. Luckily for him,you are in the market for some info. So,you lean down,swiveling his arm in the socket as you do so,careful to keep your control on him. He groans in pain,and his body dips lower as you bear more and more weight down on the foot between his shoulders. With your free hand,you grab a fistful of the hair on the top of his head,twist,then pull. He hisses in pain,exactly the reaction you were fishing for.

"Alright,creep. I don't care what your excuse is. All I want is some information." "I don't know anything,I sw--" You haul on his arm,shutting him up. "I think you know a few things. Now,listen carefully,and answer truthfully. Or things'll get unpleasant for you." You ease up on his arm a bit,now that you've made your point,and begin the interrogation. "I'm in need of some cheap housing. Where can I get some?" The thug looked perplexed for a moment,but you leaned on his back,reminding him that he's at your pleasure. "North end of town! Few kilometers! There's an apartment complex! Should be a sign! Just follow main!" You nod. Going to be a bit of a walk,then. "Alright. Next question. There's a bit of a...Competition,between myself and some others. I need some insurance. Where can I get some?"

The mugger looked almost...Defiant. How cute. You twist his arm,and surge down on his back,simultaneously dislocating the limb and pinging his face off the cement,cutting the brow open. "I saw that. Talk." The thug cursed,and said, "Look,if I tell you who my dealer is,we're BOTH dead!" You scoff. "You? Maybe. Me? Not so much. Besides,I'll be approaching them as a customer. Who says no to new money?" The thug sighed,buying your logic. "There's a milsurp store near that apartment complex. There's a back room. Say you have an appointment with Pearce. That'll get you in." You nod,but are confused by something he said. "Milsurp? What's that?" The thug looks dumbfounded,but recovers. "You live under a rock? Military surplus!" Now THAT has your attention. Military grade weapons? That's something you can get behind. However...

"Thanks for the info,but...You really need to watch your tongue..." The mugger looked like he was about to panic. In fact,he inhaled. Deeply. Oh,no you don't. You lean back while pushing forward with your foot,slamming his face against the wall,shutting him up preemptively. Something broke. It wasn't the wall. You haul him up by the hair,and,letting go of his arm,you spin him around,and shove him to the ground by the chest with everything you got. He slammed into the ground,cracking the back of his head off the frozen pavement. Was that how I looked when that happened? The man's breathing evened out almost immediately. His eyes were closed. Out cold? Won't last too long... An idea struck you,as you glared at his supine form. You do a quick search of his pockets,and find a wallet,with some money in it,as well as some cards. Useless. You discard them all over the unconscious man,but keep the wallet and cash. In another pocket,you find... A hole,leading to a scabbard. "Well,hello..." You blindly unstrap the scabbard,and stick it in your satchel. In the other front pocket you find...

"What in the Six Suns is this thing?" It's a black...Thing. Rectangular in shape,and nearly flat,with some buttons on it. Pressing one of them,one side lights up with symbols and writing. You blink at it in confusion,then discard it. It's useless to you,and you'd rather not try to divine its mysteries with death by hypothermia looming so closely. Still,that cash should help quite nicely. You slip the knife into the scabbard,and close the satchel while pocketing the wallet. North I go...

You walk north,as instructed,though it took some doing. The Six Suns rose from different directions,and set opposite. This world had only one sun,and you have NO idea which way north was. Someone on the street was helpful when asked,though. He pulled out one of those strange things that the mugger had,and tapped on the light-up surface a few times,and pointed to his left. You thanked him,and with a glance to the sky,you determined that the sun was setting to the west. Good to know...

You follow what you assume to be main street in that direction. It's the widest street,with the most people walking along it,and the largest number of those mechanical stagecoaches,cars,as Saulden called them. Eventually,you find the apartment complex the mugger was talking about,with a big old "Tenants wanted" sign out front. You walked into the lobby,and are greeted by a poorly lit hallway with two staircases at the end,one going up,one going down. The floor was hardwood,and the walls were covered with beige and yellow striped wallpaper. There was a desk about halfway down,staffed by a man in a blue and white outfit and a badge,staring at a glowing box on the desk while pressing buttons on a board. Must be reception.

Choose one purple option,and any number of green options. Order your votes in the order you want them to happen.

[] Approach

[] Ignore

[] Explore building

[] Inquire about vacancies

[] Inquire about surroundings

[] Leave

[] Look for Pearce

[X] Approach

[X] Inquire about vacancies

[X] Inquire about surroundings

[X] Look for Pearce

[X] Approach

[X] Inquire about vacancies

[X] Inquire about surroundings

[X] Look for Pearce

Dread,you misunderstand. Our character has already been created. We all play the one character. We're her mind. We tell her what to do. The voices reach consensus,and act on the popular vote. The currently active choices are on my latest story post. However,I suggest you read all of my posts in the thread,anyways,to get a feel for everything.

[QUOTE="Alad V]Dread,you misunderstand. Our character has already been created. We all play the one character. We're her mind. We tell her what to do. The voices reach consensus,and act on the popular vote. The currently active choices are on my latest story post. However,I suggest you read all of my posts in the thread,anyways,to get a feel for everything.

[/QUOTE]
Ah ok then.... I did misunderstand what you meant

[x] Ignore (pass with impunity, you are confident of yourself)

[x] Explore building (taking note of interesting happenings)

[x] Look for Pearce
(using whatever means necessary, bar asking for directions, because I am a male playing on stereotypes and would be entertained by the irony)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back