Story [Choose Your Own Adventure] The Final Exam - Magicide

@Darth Pai I agree. I"m thinking just getting money will mean that we will see a naughty character, stealing or such. Getting a home also might mean sneaking into someones basement.

I'm thinking Job. Because maybe you'll get a nice employer who will be understanding and might offer a place to stay for the night. :D

[x] Disregard females,acquire currency

As you cross one more intersection of countless others,you come to your decision. You need money. At least enough to rent out an apartment or hotel room for long enough to see a paycheck. However long that'll take. Casting your gaze about,you try to think of a way to come up with some of the local currency. You notice a bank,with people milling in and out. Last resort. Banks on Dominara had tight security,and required memberships. You have no reason to assume otherwise here.

Of course,there was the obvious option of mugging people,but without a way to conceal your face (Your pendant can't do that),people would catch on pretty quickly,and you'd be left without a port in a storm. There's always begging,but you have a hunch you look too well-off for that to work,ESPECIALLY with an expensive-looking piece of jewelry hanging off your neck. You could try to duplicate the local currency with a Mimic Orb,but without a sample to work with,that's likely to result in a very bad counterfeit.

Think,Isella,THINK! Your options seem pretty damn slim,to be honest. Your best chance seems to be--

Your train of thought is interrupted by a firm grip on your right wrist,and something sharp pressing against your throat. A local's mugging me. A quick swiveling of your eyes reveals that you've stepped into an alleyway,too absorbed in thought to really pay attention to where you were heading. I'm lucky I didn't get run over... The mugger makes his demand.

"Wallet,phone,and necklace. Put 'em on the ground in front of you. Nice and slow." What's a phone? Still,you have a feeling he won't believe you if you told him you didn't have a phone,considering he demanded one without even confirming if you had one. There are a few ways to go about this,though,especially with Arma following you around...

PICK ONE

[] Kick his ass (Write-in opening gambit,plus a follow-up)

[] Let Arma distract him

[] Do as he says

[] Intimidate him (Write-in exactly how)

[X] Kick his ass

Pretending to cooperate, bring your free hand up to his wrist, then push your head into the crook of his elbow, and push the knife toward his face to start.

After making the push with his knife, pull your right hand free, and duck under his arm. I'm sure you can understand where to go from here.

[X] Kick his ass
Pretending to cooperate, bring your free hand up to his wrist, then push your head into the crook of his elbow, and push the knife toward his face to start.

After making the push with his knife, pull your right hand free, and duck under his arm. I'm sure you can understand where to go from here.
I Second this.

[x] Kick his ass

Oh whoops. I change my mind. Kicking his ass with a knife pressed to your neck doesn't seem like a good idea..

[x] Let Arma distract him

Last edited by a moderator:
[x] Kick his ass

First, use your magic to make the handle of the knife as hot as possible. He drops it in pain, you turn around, give him a solid uppercut to the face. He stumbled backwards, but you pursue, and follow up with a swift kick to his lower region. He collapses in pain, you bend down and smash his nose in with the palm of your hand, effectively flattening it. Using his shoelaces, you tie his hands to his feet, and then you search him, locating a decent sum of money in his pockets, likely from others he's mugged. You hide him in a darker area of the alley and walk out, relatively unscathed and $239 richer.

I would say kick his ass but I'm horrible at writing out fighting scenes....so I'm going with the bird. *cries and dies s little inside*

[X] Let Arma distract him

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE="King Of Imagination][x] Kick his ass
First, use your magic to make the handle of the knife as hot as possible. He drops it in pain, you turn around, give him a solid uppercut to the face. He stumbled backwards, but you pursue, and follow up with a swift kick to his lower region. He collapses in pain, you bend down and smash his nose in with the palm of your hand, effectively flattening it. Using his shoelaces, you tie his hands to his feet, and then you search him, locating a decent sum of money in his pockets, likely from others he's mugged. You hide him in a darker area of the alley and walk out, relatively unscathed and $239 richer.

[/QUOTE]
This I like xDD

I'm inclined to trust heartsteal when it comes to fighting, but I'm not sure how physically capable our elf is so I'd rather not gambit on that. I'm sure there's plenty of ways for her to mess up that manoeuvre :c

Letting him have Isella's stuff is only an option if we can get it back afterwards, and without knowing the extent of her magical powers I wouldn't want to risk it. Intimidating him with magic is also too risky since we need to keep her powers a secret.

But there's a very reasonable chance that being attacked by a giant bird will make him run, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I'd be inclined to believe that Arma distracting him, attacking for example, would most likely lead to panic, and panicked folks aren't exactly known for a steady hand.

I won't argue toward the point of giving the mugger a kicking as odds are, he can be talked down, but I personally don't trust Arma to solve this solution, no matter how smart the bird.

You dont talk... you fight!!!

Fightfightfightfightfightfight!!! *starts chant*

You fools. Kicking his butt is no way to handle a conflict with a knife at your neck. Your life is in danger -- fighting physically is a good way to die. Have some prudence.

[x] Do as he says.

Let him think you're cooperating, let him put his guard down. Maybe a few tears and all that. Only when his guard is down, when the knife isn't at your neck, will the danger have passed and you can fight to get your stuff back. Also no physical items are worth more than your life.

They are worth the fight when there is money to be had!

[x] Do as he says.

Killigrew's option sounds the best so far. :\ I mean all the choices have flaws, so whatever. let's try our luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back