• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

[Choose Your Own Adventure] Abnormal

Coro

Evil Overlord of the Rebellion
This is a "Choose Your Own Adventure" story. We all play as the same character(s), and our collective votes will be what guides their actions through the story. Anybody may vote at any time, but can only vote once each update. Just make sure you read the latest post so you're choosing from the correct set of available options.

The story is set in the city-country of Ecumenopolis, where the entire country has succumbed to urban sprawl and become one gigantic city. Upon the loss of their natural homes, many supernatural creatures had a hard time adjusting to their new life, and thus "abnormals" became a hot political topic in Ecumenopolis. The National Security Bureau has just approved the use of abnormals in a special task force, the Abnormal Special Forces Unit. This is the beginning of their story.

~~~

Sitting in the dull, grey office, his old oak desk and the blood-red potted flower which sat upon it the only things lending the room any colour at all, the man spun in his chair, facing away from the door and the rest of his office to gaze out the window. He ran his right hand through his shaggy black hair, pushing it out of his eyes, revealing eyes with yellow irises. Their unnatural colour lent a piercing, strange quality to his gaze, one with managed to unnerve many people who came into his office looking for him.

Seeing the people that mulled about on the street before him, the man stood up from his chair, stepping forward and placing a hand against the cool glass of his 30th story window. It was quite a majestic view, seeing the city laid bare before him. The people, the cars, the buildings, they all formed a part of a whole, in his eyes. A beautiful organism with many different working parts. Smiling a bit, the man caught his reflection in the glass. His smile revealed his canine teeth, and their rather fang-like quality. Rolling his eyes, the man was caught from his musings as the door to his office opened.

Turning to face his visitor, the man's visage returned to a neutral one, as he pulled his chair back into place and sat down facing the entrant as they shut the door behind them. A tall blonde man, his hair cut short, in a militaristic fashion, wearing a black suit and tie. A scar ran down the side of his face, from the corner of his right eye to the edge of his chin. An impressive wound it must have been, to say the least. It gave his face a maturity his eyes seemed to betray, so blue and kind when coupled with his toothy grin.

"
What's up, Axel?" The blonde haired man asked, standing at the desk in front of Axel, who returned his grin in spades.

"
Nothing special, Buck. What brings you up here, I thought you just got promoted to operational command?" Axel asked of his old-time friend, Darren "Buck" Buckman. In their line of work, which Buck at been at for longer than Axel, Buck was known as something of an up-and-coming young star. He'd been given more than a few awards, and had been interviewed a couple of times. In fact, it had only been on Buck's insistence and the creation of a new program that Axel had his current position at all.

"
Actually, that has everything to do with why I'm here. You're up, Axel. First situation, we're gonna be sending you in." Buck explained, his eyes narrowing a little, worry evident in his expression. ".... And the command I was given was of the ASFU. It'll be nice working with you!" He added afterwards, a sly grin washing away the seriousness plastered on his face like a wave washing onto the shore of a beach. Axel's eyes widened in surprise.

"
That's incredible! I would have thought they'd put a more senior Captain in charge of this unit... It's new and highly debated.... Not ideal for your first command." Axel thought out-loud, shrugging as he got up, grabbing the jacket to his suit from a hangar near the door, identical to Buck's. Buck sighed, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.

"
Well, I'm sure it'll be interesting at least!" Buck exclaimed as he and Axel headed out from the office, and down the hall to the elevator, going down the ground floor, the command floor.

~~~

"
.... And that's the situation as it stands. Any questions from you two, Captain Buckman, Sergeant Tristan?" The director asked of the two men standing before him and his board, filled with pictures, diagrams and plans.

"
None at the moment sir!" Buck let out enthusiastically, as Axel simply shook his head to indicate he didn't have anything to ask the director. The director eyed Axel momentarily, before taking a deep breath.

"
.... I won't lie to you Sergeant, the future success of this unit and the public opinion of abnormals in this city hinges on your performance in this mission. Anything from commendations to funding will come down to me based on how well this goes. Is this understood?" He asked, his gaze displaying what seemed to Axel to be distrust. Axel nodded, clearing his throat before speaking to the director.

"
Crystal clear, Director Gordon." He piped up, his yellow eyes narrowing slightly, taking on a predatorial quality. As he spoke, he could see the director's gaze shift down to eye his teeth as well. He didn't expect instant acceptance, but Axel wished that the director at least wouldn't be so worried. He was the mastermind behind Axel's position and the use of abnormals in the Bureau. It made Axel think about his view of the city from his office, and how it looked like a living organism. Sometimes, organisms got sick. And the best way to fight the virus, was with a vaccine.

"
Good. Now, the two of you, as the representatives of the newly formed Abnormal Special Forces Unit of the National Security Bureau, go forth and do some good." The director encouraged the two, motioning for them to leave. Buck nodded, and Axel followed him out.

Once outside the director's office, Buck let out a sigh of relief. "
I know he's not your favourite person, Axel." He started in, chuckling a little. "Thanks for not being confrontational." He added, clapping his friend on the back. Axel couldn't help but find himself smiling. Buck's good-hearted nature was always uplifting, even to a sombre guy like himself.

"
Well, if you're my boss, and he's your boss, I figured I ought to behave myself." Axel noted with a grin, as Buck whipped out his cell phone.

"
Time to assemble the team." Buck uttered, walking out into the grandiose lobby of the National Security Bureau's building, and out the front doors, Axel trailing close behind.

~~~

The run-down building across the street identified as their target, Axel and Buck stood on a nearby rooftop with the other three members of their team. With the two tall men stood two women, and a shorter man. Buck stepped back from the edge of the roof, walking towards a tent with a couple computers set up. Observation and surveillance systems, along with communication to each of the ear-pieces the other members wore. A command post for the mission, where Buck would command the team.

Axel looked himself up and down. He'd changed out of the suit and into some more appropriate clothing. A modified riot suit with more focus on manoeuvrability, less so on protection. Chuckling and pushing his black hair out of his eyes, he looked to the other three members of the team while he absentmindedly picked at his large canine teeth, a small nervous habit of his.

Lucie Grey, the tall, quirky athletic woman whose animalistic nature was already famous in the department. She liked her steak very rare, Buck had told Axel. Her brown hair and bright green eyes always made him think of nature, their colours simple, cool, and pure.

Shou Akiyama, the youngest member of the team, and the only one not born in the country. He'd been scouted by Buck to fill in the last initially approved spot on the team. He was a little shorter than the other two men in the team and easily excited, but seemed quite nimble in comparison, as if he would fly. The bomber jacket and pilot goggles he always wore around his neck definitely added to the thought, Axel mused.

Scarlet Gianakos, the sultry greek woman who'd been the first admitted into the unit, the second having been Axel himself. She'd admitted her natural hair colour was not the crimson hue it was currently, but with a name like Scarlet, she said she couldn't resist having it dyed. Much like most guys seemed to have a hard time resisting her. Not that she minded in the slightest.

Axel and the other three followed after Buck, who was ready to give a quick pre-mission brief.

"
Alright, let's get started. That building we have currently under surveillance is the hideout for a gang connected to some shady deals. Apparently they pushed too hard in the last week or so, and we caught wind of their organ harvesting ring. We're gonna conduct a pretty simple raid. Use of force is permitted, but try to keep as many of them alive as possible. Also, we're pretty sure there's some dark shit going on in there, so be as careful as you can, got it?" He asked of his assembled team, to which there was a mass nodding of heads.

Buck them proceeded to split up the team and give out their tasks.

Who will take the rooftop entrance with Axel, the vampire and second-in-command of the Abnormal Special Forces Unit?

[ ] Lucie, the werewolf

[ ] Shou, the tengu

[ ] Scarlet, the succubus

Yay! I started something!

[X] Lucie,the Lycanthrope

We're gonna need to be quick like a whip,for this. Besides,what's more awesome than a vampire and werewolf working in concert?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back