• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Children of Infinity-OCC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

FearItself

There is nothing to fear
Keep it civil but feel free to chat it up or ask questions. Ask me for the Discord link and ill send it to you​

i have a feeling i'm going to be a bit of an antagonist (not the main one but still) and im honestly looking forward to it

I have an idea for a kind of weird doctor/witch type character, she's a child of Infinity and her ability is healing powers, which are so good that she has been suspected of potential dark sorcery. There are limits to this; she can't just bring an old corpse to life or someone who is clearly not able to be put back together again, but she can do stuff like heal punctured organs by causing more cells to be produced, perform surgery on the battlefield without need of sterile equipment, and just generally heal people much better and faster than most normal doctors could do even with a lot of equipment. She can also heal herself in this fashion to an extent, provided she is concious and in a physically able condition to do so.

Is this allowed, or is it too powerful? She would still definitely be capable of dying like regular people, but if, say, she was shot with an arrow and she was concious and able to pull it out again fast, she would be able to heal herself very quickly, if that makes sense.

Also--this is just a thought and she might end up just looking like a regular human anyway--but if say she also had bird talons and wings, and could fly but only for like a few metres at most...is that also too much?

I have an idea for a kind of weird doctor/witch type character, she's a child of Infinity and her ability is healing powers, which are so good that she has been suspected of potential dark sorcery. There are limits to this; she can't just bring an old corpse to life or someone who is clearly not able to be put back together again, but she can do stuff like heal punctured organs by causing more cells to be produced, perform surgery on the battlefield without need of sterile equipment, and just generally heal people much better and faster than most normal doctors could do even with a lot of equipment. She can also heal herself in this fashion to an extent, provided she is concious and in a physically able condition to do so.

Is this allowed, or is it too powerful? She would still definitely be capable of dying like regular people, but if, say, she was shot with an arrow and she was concious and able to pull it out again fast, she would be able to heal herself very quickly, if that makes sense.

Also--this is just a thought and she might end up just looking like a regular human anyway--but if say she also had bird talons and wings, and could fly but only for like a few metres at most...is that also too much?
Um...healing magic can do all that stuff and isnt considered dark sorcery. However a child of infinity wjth that ability would have very high self healing and could do the same to others. It would look like wolverine from the movies. And there are in fact bird people called Avians. They range from beaked face to the misconceptualized image of angels.

Um...healing magic can do all that stuff and isnt considered dark sorcery. However a child of infinity wjth that ability would have very high self healing and could do the same to others. It would look like wolverine from the movies. And there are in fact bird people called Avians. They range from beaked face to the misconceptualized image of angels.
Okay, thanks; when you say like Wolverine, do you mean lots of scars or something? (I never watched Wolverine 😆 ) That would fit the character pretty well though if so.

Avian does sound like it would fit my idea pretty well, thanks, I might go with that.

Okay, thanks; when you say like Wolverine, do you mean lots of scars or something? (I never watched Wolverine 😆 ) That would fit the character pretty well though if so.

Avian does sound like it would fit my idea pretty well, thanks, I might go with that.
Well wolverine didn't get scars but if you want them you can have them.

If your a child of infinity you should mention your ability also outpaces magics as children of infinities powers take the place of magic and are not in fact that. If not a child of infinity and instead an actual mage you should make a list of spells you use for healing. Please and thank you. :) L Larstral

If your a child of infinity you should mention your ability also outpaces magics as children of infinities powers take the place of magic and are not in fact that. If not a child of infinity and instead an actual mage you should make a list of spells you use for healing. Please and thank you. :) L Larstral
Okay, I was aware of that, but should I just mention that it outpaces magic on my character sheet anyway?

where is everyone going to be at the start of this?

Up to them to decide. I will for the most part be steering my guys and some hidden npcs. Each person can walk their own path until the intros are done and i trigger the continent wide event then what to do will become more apparent.

I think i'll start by visiting Queen Mirabella, for both normal and...insidious purposes

I’ve changed my character sheet, I mentioned that her powers work faster and more efficiently than magic as well as normal medical equipment, hope that’s okay. I’d be happy to make further changes if there’s anything else I should add about them.

Hm.

Should I make my little Tiefling spawn an Infinity child?
No need to delete your nation just edit the first emperor a bit. Xaxxis was the first nation to rise 6900+ years ago after the empire crumbed into a thousand year civil war years ago that reduced the continent from airships and advanced technology to sticks and stones. They formed when the first recorded Child of infinity rose in their nation. His ability to manipulate stone made much of the architecture that still stands there. He lived for around 94 years them died. The next child of Infinity was born far to the south. (Xaxxis is one of the furthest north nations with only the giant lands being above it.)

So all that said this First Emperor could be the second incarnation of a child of infinity. One with longevity and whayever else you want. This would make yours the second nation to rise and well over 6800 years old. It would also explain why they were so adamant about the children of infinity being in the church. Also one thing. Gods actually came to the world. Not metaphysical constructs of mans psyche actual physical gods who taught magic to the people after the last of the 13 nations rose like 6000 years ago.

How would the people of your nation react to that if they think their emperor was a god?

I never intended for my nation to be the first. That goes to your nation. xD.
I just said it was one of the first nations of man. Left it intentionally a bit vague for that reason.

The common folk would probably in horror and despair; and it would greatly undermine the Emperor's authority.
The more educated and nobility would probably accept that, with some of the nobility trying to use that to break away from the Empire.
The emps himself would probably accept that, but still continue trying to hold the empire together.

I also never said that the First Emperor is a god. I said they consider him a god. ;)
When dealing with nations of extreme age, one must be sure to leave ambuigity in myth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back