Childhood Rivals 1x1 [Inactive]

"And your way of fixing this is by pointing out that she's smart and I'm not?" Matt asked, his eyes resting on his father. "I know I'm dumb. I don't need to be reminded that I can't read properly. I don't need to be told that my only real skills are athletic."

"Matt..." Simon said slowly, "I don't think you're unintelligent. Please just..." He sighed with frustration. "Stop making this hard."

"Matt," Kelly said consolingly, putting her hand on her arm in a comforting manner, "No one is saying you're stupid. We just think that you're not living up to your full potential, and maybe with Andi's help you can get there." She glanced nervously at Simon. "Maybe I should go up and talk to her. Would that be okay with you, Matthew?" Andi was still in the shower, but she could wait always wait for her in her room. She just hoped that Andi would be easier to reason with.

"Get your hand off me." Matt told her quietly. "You're not my mother. I don't want your help, and I don't want your daughter's help either." He looked at her, his expression more sad than angry. "Look, college doesn't matter. I won't get a scholarship and we can't afford for me to go, so why try?"

Kelly removed her hand sadly, looking to Simon for guidance before she turned back to Matt. "I may not be your mother, but even I can see that you've got so much potential. If you'd just apply yourself and accept some help once in awhile, then so many doors would open for you." She gazed at him for a moment before continuing.

"Just think about it." She said, starting to walk out of the kitchen. "I'm going to head upstairs and unpack some more before dinner."

Simon looked at Matt, shaking his head. "Set the table, Matthew. We can talk about what just happened later." he told him. "But I don't need you reminding Kelly that she isn't your mother. She isn't trying to be your mother, and you need to give her a chance to care for you."

Matt stood up and pulled out plates, cups and cutlery, setting the table silently as he tried to shake the anger he was feeling. He knew he had to apologise. He waited for Andi and Kelly to come downstairs anxiously, peering at the staircase every few moments to see if they were coming yet.

This role play has been marked "inactive". Inactive role plays are defined as "role plays showing 0 activity within a 30 day period".

Please contact an @Rp Moderator if you feel this was a mistake or if you would like to have your role play reactivated.

Thank you for your participation within the RpNation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back