Chitchat Childhood Idols

PandorasBox101

A cold hearted bastard
I've always loved animals. Ever since I was little, I've always has a compassion towards them, and one of my biggest inspirations was Steve Irwin. He was so cool to me, it was just so awesome! I thought it was cool when he wrestled crocodiles to put them in a safer habitat, or picked up poisonous snakes by their tails to move them off of the roads, I always dreamed of going to the Australia Zoo. When I was really young, my mum was watching a video about his family. Now, I was really really young at this point, so I didn't understand the situation. I asked my mum what she was watching and she told me it was the Irwin family talking about Steve Irwin's death. I just remember going, "Oh, okay." and walking away, not really thinking about it. Then suddenly, years later, I'm watching some Croc Files with my younger sisters and I this memory pops up in my mind. Since I was older, I was able to understand what happened more and it honestly made me depressed. Inexplicably depressed--I never knew this man personally, but he was someone I looked up to as a kid. This brings us to today, where I was opening up Google to find some photos of my birth-town for a friend to see. I noticed that the Google art today was Steve Irwin holding a crocodile, and I found out that today was his birthday. I just thought I'd put it out there that he was the first person I'd ever looked up to as an idol and someday I hope to be the kind of person he was.
So, while I'm at it, who was your childhood idol?

Okay kind of a tangent, I just wanted to mention. In middle school we had to write an essay about an idol we had growing up. I, being the edgy preteen I was, wrote an essay about how idols are harmful to have.
I don't actually think that now, but I've never in my life [or at least not in memory] had an idol. Is that weird?

Okay kind of a tangent, I just wanted to mention. In middle school we had to write an essay about an idol we had growing up. I, being the edgy preteen I was, wrote an essay about how idols are harmful to have.
I don't actually think that now, but I've never in my life [or at least not in memory] had an idol. Is that weird?
No, not at all! I know a few people who’ve never mentioned having an idol, per say.

No, not at all! I know a few people who’ve never mentioned having an idol, per say.
Well not mentioning and not having are different. I asked my longtime friend last night out of curiosity because they’d never mention one. They still had one lol

Well not mentioning and not having are different. I asked my longtime friend last night out of curiosity because they’d never mention one. They still had one lol
I might ask my friends to find out, because now I'm actually genuinely curious, but I had a friend who insulted me for having Steve Irwin as an idol so I'm sure he doesn't have one lol

I mean it's not like I think I'm the only one, that's silly. I just wonder what the ratio is between people with and people without idols.
I felt like growing up all my friends had idols and it's a 'normal' kid milestone to have. Like imaginary friends or... Well I can't think of a second thing lol.

I wish I could find my old essay on it, I wonder how terrible it is... lol

It used to be Thomas Edison, until I found out what an asshole that guy really was. Next closest thing to that would be the original Hi-5s from the children TV show of the same name which I was a huge fan of as a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back