• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Child of Chaos: Call of the Artists

ehmygirl

Five Thousand Club

Salutations all of you who are guided by the muses.

@Captain Hesperus and I have written not one but two books. We are getting very close to e-publishing our first book, The Child of Chaos or The Weed of Ankelion in the Calinthe series. We need to decide the title of the book.

What we are looking for is an artist to help us with one, teeny, tiny, little problem that we're facing.

Neither one of us is an artist and we need help with a design for a cover for the book. This is where you come in. With permission from The Dark Wizard himself, we are coming to you, oh Talented Ones to help us with our pesky little problem. We want You to come up with a design cover for our book.

Before we get into what we need, let us tell you what we are willing (for now) to offer you.

1. Credit in the book for your work with details on where to view more of/ or even purchase your artwork

2. If you're on Deviant Art, we are willing to either donate to your deviant art page and/or pay for your Core membership for at least one year (subject to negotiation)

3. If you're not on Deviant Art, we can discuss other ways to give you recompense.

4. Once we have agreed on the final look of the artwork, we will not alter or edit it (save for size alteration)

In return you give us the following:

1. Unlimited rights to use your artwork for our book

2. Unlimited rights to use the artwork relating to the book in any format

What we're looking for is a realistic (rather than cartoony) artist who can dip into fantasy to create something amazing. We would need space at the top for the book title and information as well as space on the bottom for the author title. If this is something you would like to add in yourself, we'd be more than happy to supply that information for you.

Elements that may be included:

1. A young woman of about 20 with white hair and gray eyes (heroin)

-This is Calinthe (Callie), and she must be the focus of the cover as the story is about her. As a Child of Chaos she naturally has white hair and gray eyes as white/mother of pearl and gray are the colors of Ankelion the Gray God of Chaos (not evil)

2. A weed of your own creation

- The Child of Chaos is also called the Weed of Ankelion

3. A hunting cat with yellow eyes or a man with yellow/amber eyes whose features are hidden (hero)

-This is Orran, our hero and the Templar of the Gray. For his physical representation, he is a warrior with long, dark blond hair. Think Brok O'Hurn or Chris Helmsworth (Thor).

4. A hunting beast' with black eyes or a handsomely evil man with black hair and black eyes (bad guy)

-This is Delin, a serial killer who rapes & tortures his victims then takes their left pinkie as a trophy, he is hunting Callie. He is slim with black hair and eyes.

5. A traveling circus/freak show with old style gypsy wagons (important secondary characters

a. Rindazo: leader of group, flashy, old man trying to hide it, not very nice, trying to relive the glory years

b. Rogar: strong man, former smith, big brute of a man, very kind, element: earth & fire

c. Mandy: Rogar's wife, contortionist, very petite, element: fire & air.

d. Eron: female, mid-twenties, pale blond hair, blue eyes, slim, acrobat, white horse, element: Air & Water

e. Aron: Male, Eron's twin, acrobat, white horse. element: Air & Fire

f. Megra: Bearded lady, late 30s, element: Earth & Water

g. Adsel: late 30s, early 40s, 'Wolf boy', short, hairy, very intelligent, element: Water & Air

6. Mildan

-He is the current Voice of Ankelion and is also the High priest of Andiron (sorta like the pope). He's always in gray priest robes of gray lined with mother-of-pearl. He isn't a very nice man and is addicted to vices and desires unbecoming of a priest. He has been trying to get rid of the monarchs of Andiron for at least 300 years now.

A little about the book:

The story is about a young woman named Calinthe who is the Child of Chaos. There are five gods in this world: Tenwes, the god of war, fire, honor, and all animals, including people, and even summer; Serena, the goddess of earth, motherhood, and all plant life, and fall; Luriesh, the god of water, winter, oceans, wisdom, knowledge; Eliest, the goddess of air, secrets, love, youth, birds, and spring. They love harmony and work in accord to bring harmony and balance to the world.

This causes stagnation in which nothing ever gets better, nothing new is ever made, and everything is as it ever was. Their attempts to get the world in perfect alignment are confounded by their father, Ankelion, the God of Chaos. In our book chaos is not a bad thing, chaos is what brings about change. Sometimes the change is good, sometimes it's bad, but it breaks things up. There are two people who are supposed to help him undermine the Four Gods: the Voice and the Hand of Ankelion. The Four have tricked the Voice into helping

them

and the current Voice, Mildan, is a very bad man.

The Four aren't evil, they're not bad, they just don't understand why somethings need to become extinct in order for something else to come about. They don't understand why it is important that they let nature be natural. They are pretty OCD about this really. And so they don't really like the CoC and they encourage the Voice to get rid of her whenever she pops us.

The Hand is also called the Templar of Ankelion and he's supposed to help Change come about, often times that means protecting the Child herself. The Voice is supposed to be a woman, the Hand is supposed to be a man and the Child is always a woman.

When we first meet Callie she is scrawny because she's on the run and she's so undernourished she can pass for a boy

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I just noticed this post. Are you still looking for an artist at all? If so, I am interested if my artstyle suits your needs at all: gohda on DeviantArt I think the majority of my art (or my earlier pieces) come off as cartoonish, but I do have some more realistic-ish pieces. If it is not what you are looking for and still looking, I wish you luck in finding your artist.

Hi @radiochai and thank you for your interest. @Xylin and I shall have a good look through your gallery together and see what we shall see. I had a quick skim through and I think your work is very good and you're very talented.

Captain Hesperus

I do like the realism of Reddit Gets Drawn 2. You are right that the other stuff is a bit cartoony, but that shows me you can do something more realistic and that's what we need.

Hello~

Looks like I'm a little late to the party but I may as well try.

J O U R N E Y

The above link is my tumblr art tag. I see you are looking for realism which I am capable of though it's not my main style, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I'm highly flexible and would be happy to even do some demo sketches for you. Though I do not have a Deviantart.

Hey there, @Xylin and @Captain Hesperus! I'd like to submit my art for reviewing. As I've told Xylin, I specialize in character design, and I can draw/paint other things, but I'm not too confident with them. But hey, might as well give it a shot! ♥

PanPan's Coffee House and Commissions (UC)

Here, finally, is my commission thread. Still under construction (lacks header and sidebar), but my links are in there, most notably the Instagram link, where most of my art is. ♥ Please feel free to browse at your leisure. Like Cloudy above, I do not have a DeviantART unfortunately. But if you're interested, we can always discuss what else we can do. ♥

Xylin said:
Salutations all of you who are guided by the muses.

@Captain Hesperus and I have written not one but two books. We are getting very close to e-publishing our first book, The Child of Chaos or The Weed of Ankelion in the Calinthe series. We need to decide the title of the book.

What we are looking for is an artist to help us with one, teeny, tiny, little problem that we're facing.

Neither one of us is an artist and we need help with a design for a cover for the book. This is where you come in. With permission from The Dark Wizard himself, we are coming to you, oh Talented Ones to help us with our pesky little problem. We want You to come up with a design cover for our book.

Before we get into what we need, let us tell you what we are willing (for now) to offer you.

1. Credit in the book for your work with details on where to view more of/ or even purchase your artwork

2. If you're on Deviant Art, we are willing to either donate to your deviant art page and/or pay for your Core membership for at least one year (subject to negotiation)

3. If you're not on Deviant Art, we can discuss other ways to give you recompense.

4. Once we have agreed on the final look of the artwork, we will not alter or edit it (save for size alteration)

In return you give us the following:

1. Unlimited rights to use your artwork for our book

2. Unlimited rights to use the artwork relating to the book in any format

What we're looking for is a realistic (rather than cartoony) artist who can dip into fantasy to create something amazing. We would need space at the top for the book title and information as well as space on the bottom for the author title. If this is something you would like to add in yourself, we'd be more than happy to supply that information for you.

Elements that may be included:

1. A young woman of about 20 with white hair and gray eyes (heroin)

-This is Calinthe (Callie), and she must be the focus of the cover as the story is about her. As a Child of Chaos she naturally has white hair and gray eyes as white/mother of pearl and gray are the colors of Ankelion the Gray God of Chaos (not evil)

2. A weed of your own creation

- The Child of Chaos is also called the Weed of Ankelion

3. A hunting cat with yellow eyes or a man with yellow/amber eyes whose features are hidden (hero)

-This is Orran, our hero and the Templar of the Gray. For his physical representation, he is a warrior with long, dark blond hair. Think Brok O'Hurn or Chris Helmsworth (Thor).

4. A hunting beast' with black eyes or a handsomely evil man with black hair and black eyes (bad guy)

-This is Delin, a serial killer who rapes & tortures his victims then takes their left pinkie as a trophy, he is hunting Callie. He is slim with black hair and eyes.

5. A traveling circus/freak show with old style gypsy wagons (important secondary characters

a. Rindazo: leader of group, flashy, old man trying to hide it, not very nice, trying to relive the glory years

b. Rogar: strong man, former smith, big brute of a man, very kind, element: earth & fire

c. Mandy: Rogar's wife, contortionist, very petite, element: fire & air.

d. Eron: female, mid-twenties, pale blond hair, blue eyes, slim, acrobat, white horse, element: Air & Water

e. Aron: Male, Eron's twin, acrobat, white horse. element: Air & Fire

f. Megra: Bearded lady, late 30s, element: Earth & Water

g. Adsel: late 30s, early 40s, 'Wolf boy', short, hairy, very intelligent, element: Water & Air

6. Mildan

-He is the current Voice of Ankelion and is also the High priest of Andiron (sorta like the pope). He's always in gray priest robes of gray lined with mother-of-pearl. He isn't a very nice man and is addicted to vices and desires unbecoming of a priest. He has been trying to get rid of the monarchs of Andiron for at least 300 years now.

A little about the book:

The story is about a young woman named Calinthe who is the Child of Chaos. There are five gods in this world: Tenwes, the god of war, fire, honor, and all animals, including people, and even summer; Serena, the goddess of earth, motherhood, and all plant life, and fall; Luriesh, the god of water, winter, oceans, wisdom, knowledge; Eliest, the goddess of air, secrets, love, youth, birds, and spring. They love harmony and work in accord to bring harmony and balance to the world.

This causes stagnation in which nothing ever gets better, nothing new is ever made, and everything is as it ever was. Their attempts to get the world in perfect alignment are confounded by their father, Ankelion, the God of Chaos. In our book chaos is not a bad thing, chaos is what brings about change. Sometimes the change is good, sometimes it's bad, but it breaks things up. There are two people who are supposed to help him undermine the Four Gods: the Voice and the Hand of Ankelion. The Four have tricked the Voice into helping

them

and the current Voice, Mildan, is a very bad man.

The Four aren't evil, they're not bad, they just don't understand why somethings need to become extinct in order for something else to come about. They don't understand why it is important that they let nature be natural. They are pretty OCD about this really. And so they don't really like the CoC and they encourage the Voice to get rid of her whenever she pops us.

The Hand is also called the Templar of Ankelion and he's supposed to help Change come about, often times that means protecting the Child herself. The Voice is supposed to be a woman, the Hand is supposed to be a man and the Child is always a woman.

When we first meet Callie she is scrawny because she's on the run and she's so undernourished she can pass for a boy
Hey yeah so sorry but I didn't read any of that please help me this website confuses the fuck out of me. I HAVE NO IDEA WTF TO DO AND IT'S PISSING ME OFF. Help ;-;

Hi there! I just saw this, I completed a book cover a little while ago for someone who was going in for publication also! I would like to submit my art for review! You can find me on Behance and on DeviantArt as well!

A lot of my work is based in illustration, I'd like to go on to do work for the New Yorker at some point!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back