Charms and artifacts: Absoulte limits

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
their was a page earlier governing high level charms.

i thought a page on the absolute limits would be good.

Heres what ive come up with so far.

No ressurections.

exalted does not allow for true ressurection, though it seems that Gems of perpetual wellness blur this a bit.

high level charms usualy have a list of prequisites.

if everyone would take this charm over any other charm of its essence and ability rating... its probaly too good.

No going back in time, either. Some powers... Sidereal ones mainly... can change the past, and you can see the past, but you can't actually go there.

... those limits can pretty much be derived from the limits described for spells in Bo3C and S&S.

no curing the great curse either.

If a cure exists its either a primordial charm, or some equilvevet of Golaconda from Vampire the masquerade.

a charm to REDUCE limit, however... should probaly be possible.

Jukashi said:
No going back in time, either. Some powers... Sidereal ones mainly... can change the past, and you can see the past, but you can't actually go there.
Actually, no.  Sidereal Charms can change the present to make it seem as though a different past had occurred.  But this is a rewrite of the present, not actual "time travel" or history changing.

Yeah, it's been a staple of Exalted since the beginning. No time travel whatsoever. Explicitly stated several times I think.

memesis said:
Actually, no.  Sidereal Charms can change the present to make it seem as though a different past had occurred.  But this is a rewrite of the present, not actual "time travel" or history changing.
This so reminds me of that book by mr. and mrs. Eddings. Can't remember it's name... the one about the thief Althalus... They were trying to do something like that in it.

*edit* Can't believe I just admitted to reading that piece of garbage... Well, it did pass the time, but the Eddings:es have this style of writing in a way that makes the whole story be told by an eight-year old playing a game of make-believe.

... And the bantering makes me cringe after a while. More often than not, there are conversations that serves no other purpose than trying to be witty, or showing off how the characters can go through any ordeal with a smile on their lips. It makes them feel disconnected from the story. I loathe that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back