Character Prompts

Nano

procrastination symphony
<p>

<span style="font-family:Alegreya;">I hope I explain this properly, haha. Has anyone ever joined an RP where the participants each gave each other a character prompt? This can be anything from a character archetype to build off of or even just a FC to use. I thought something like this would be interesting whether it be for simple entertainment purposes or for improving your ability to create and roleplay as a variety of types of characters. Err...I mean this as in, maybe you might get a personality that you aren't really too used to playing as, which provides a challenge for you. There's also how you'll be challenged to really build off of a particular archetype in order to prevent making your character feel "flat." I realize that something like this would be pretty difficult to set up if it isn't with a group of people that you already know and are in contact with, so I just wanted to know if something like this has ever been done before. =w=;</span>

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, it's done in plenty of RPs, especially school related ones. They'll have w list of people such as "Jock, Prep, Artist..." So on and so forth. Is that what you're talking about?

Rather than a pick and choose type of list, I was referring more to picking someone to give you an idea to work off of. For example...

G chose M to give him a character prompt. In response, M gave "a rebel who believes that all rules are made to be broken."

Last edited by a moderator:
Nano said:
Rather than a pick and choose type of list, I was referring more to picking someone to give you an idea to work off of. For example...
G chose M to give him a character prompt. In response, M gave "a rebel who believes that all rules are made to be broken."
Ah, okay. No, I've never seen anyone do that, but it's certainly be interesting, I'd love to try that.

I honestly think this is a good idea, and I kind want to either be in a roleplay like this or make one. Let me know if you're planning on making one of these. I think it would be a good challenge and just overall be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back