• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Character Idea Challenges

DamagedGlasses

Lurking Pun Ninja
Hello Roleplayers! My love of characters is one of the many things that incites my passion for roleplay, the variety of personas you find yourself building around you astounding me every time I get onto this site. I've persused the Character Feedback a lot since its creation, and I think there is some wonderful talent on this site. Raw potential of a variety of experiences learning and bending new ways as they make new characters they've never even thought of! That is what this thread is built for!

From here on out, whether or not a sizable amount of people show interest, I shall present an base idea for a character. It may be something simple like “They are blind” or something more exciting like introducing a trope that should be worked into the backstory or personality. This not only will help you get your creative muscles up and ready, it will also allow you to make a character type that you aren’t familiar with. When you're making a character like this, it also lets you experiment with the setting of the Character! A little explanation should go into the character's place of existence, whether it go only into the genre of the world or the explicits!

Schedule

A new idea shall be posted every 2 weeks on Saturday.

Now then, so there isn’t any confusion or chaos with this idea, I am setting down some ground rules other than the laws of the land set by RpNation.

Rules

• Please post all Characters made under the direction of this thread in the Character Feedback thread with either this thread linked and/or tagging me in it somewhere. You don’t have to, but I would like to know when an awesome character sheet goes up!

• There will be no mocking of characters and all constructive criticism should be made in the Character Feedback thread. This is a place of improvement and support, so if you need advice on how to critic, you can learn a few things from this thread.

• You are few to use any idea that you find interesting, and if only to lessen the confusion, I would like that if you were to do such a thing, you label which idea you used to make the character.

• This is not a contest, competition, race, or anything of the like. This is a fun activity with awesome results and there will be no reward no matter how much you think yours is superior to others. Please keep hurtful and otherwise rude comments to yourself.

• More rules to come if they are needed and a problem presents such a thing.

With the rules out of the way, I can head into the fun part! Our debut Character Idea is…

Gentle Giant

He’s got those muscles, that scary face, and may even have an overly loud voice. However, he also likes flowers, children, and is against unneeded violence. What you have here, is a Gentle Giant, and he might even surprise with a few random hobbies that vary from gardening to painting.

I am very excited to see the awesome stuff you guys make, and if anyone needs help with a lack of Character Sheet, you can use the only I will supply right now. Also, please feel free to add onto the CS or use your own. As long as you have fun, you can never go wrong with a Character.

Code:
[imageFloat=right]Picture Here[/imageFloat]
Name

[Tabs]

[Tab=Personality]
Personality
Content here
[/Tab]

[Tab=History]
History
Content here
[/Tab]

[Tab=Skills]
Content here
[/Tab]

[/Tabs]

Last edited by a moderator:

Update

If you are interested in this and have thoughts about making a Character for the most recent idea or even waiting until one comes along that interests you, please watch this thread. It will keep you from forgetting to check the updates and be beneficial to your continued interest and it also lets me see the number of those interested.

Deadly Doctor

While we commonly see doctors in stories as passive, almost to the point that we have to protect them for the sheer fact that they will possibly save our lives later on, this type of character turns that belief on its head. With the knowledge of healing, these characters have subsequently learned to the art of killing, each part of the body being their to server their purpose. Not naturally a evil aligned case, these characters are merely subscribers of various medical beliefs that can hold their own.

The Driver

You have a group of main characters, plot important people, but they need to get to 'Point A to Point B'. What do they do? They call in The Driver. With his steering at the ready and a rarely disclosed anonymity, this is the man that is called in to get these characters to one place or another. A face of monotone or smile, he is the one that is always there, his presence insubstantial to few and far between. He might be aligned due to a job, friendship, or just simple kindness/obliviousness. With his lack of depth in character, who knows what his past holds?

Small Update

Realized that I did not fill out a few links I had meant to place in the original post, so check up there if your interested as I finish placing them in the appropriate spots.

Mr. Alt Disney

Although the cleverness of the name is up for interpretation, the reference to the namer of the trope is very clear. Walt Disney was known for the mark he left on the world as an animator and cartoonist, however, what about all the other things he was known for? The ghosts of Disney World? His frozen head? This idea is as such, the character is the creator of a kid-friendly and popular peice of entertainment, but something lurks in the background. Is he a part of a secret organization? Does this happy man have plans for the world? What is he willing to do to get what he wants?

Crazy Survivor

When disaster strikes, there are those who cower, those who put up a fight, and those...who embody fight. These are those who look after themselves in a apocalypse situation and believes in the "Dog eat Dog world" they live in. Willing to leave behind those who can't keep up, prepared to survive for as long as he needs too, and an assortment of things that he would need to thrive in any situation! Zombies!? They have a bunker prepared! Aliens!? Tin-foil is all the rage in their household! Asteroids!? He'll certainly be the last to die! This is the Crazy Survivor! Possibly insane, but that is not required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back