• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Changing the default forum filters?

MDL

RIP Doctor Calgori (2012-2017)
I find myself constantly changing the filters while viewing a forum to sort by the first message instead of the last message. Is there a way to change this so my filters always default to this setting? Otherwise, I would like to suggest that feature.

(Looking at threads in their chronological order just gives me a better overview of the forums I like to watch, and a lot of ongoing threads clutter the top of the thread list that I have no interest in).

MDL MDL I did a bit of digging and thus far no addon exists for this type of feature because of the filter function built into the software for viewing forums and that most users prefer to see the latest content over the older initial threads.

Additionally, I think (and I could be wrong since I'm going off the information provided by others that use the same forum software) that the only way to change that to default means it would become default site-wide. :\

MDL MDL I did a bit of digging and thus far no addon exists for this type of feature because of the filter function built into the software for viewing forums and that most users prefer to see the latest content over the older initial threads.

Additionally, I think (and I could be wrong since I'm going off the information provided by others that use the same forum software) that the only way to change that to default means it would become default site-wide. :\
I see. Well, I have no interest in looking at old threads. It's just nice to see threads presented in the order they were posted.

Thanks for looking out.

I see. Well, I have no interest in looking at old threads. It's just nice to see threads presented in the order they were posted.

Thanks for looking out.
Maybe one day someone will make an addon for it, but overall all I've found is changing the order of sticky threads and posts. XD

Thanks for looking out.
Maybe one day someone will make an addon for it, but overall all I've found is changing the order of sticky threads and posts. XD

We can always look into doing it for certain areas only. Like Interest checks, xF lets you do it per node now instead of site wide.

We can always look into doing it for certain areas only. Like Interest checks, xF lets you do it per node now instead of site wide.
It's very thoughtful, but with the new update I think there will be such a multitude of interest checks in the single forum that I won't read. Like fandom (prefrence), so I think there is the only forum where I won't be sorting. Just using the brilliant filters instead :)

If it were to be done I think a global setting would be best. But if there's no extension for it, I understand that it would be a pain in the butt. And I'm probably the only one who does it.

Anyways, cheers for that!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back