Change-It!

This is a game where you change the word above yours. You can remove a letter, add a letter, move a letter, or change a letter, but you can only do one thing and you can only change one letter. A word cannot be repeated in the same sequence. When the game gets to a point where no new words can be made, a new sequence can be started using a word that relates in some way to the word the previous sequence ended on. Example: train This could be changed to rain, trains, or brain. (can't think of one for moving a letter) If all possible word alterations have been used, the new sequence could start with words such as tracks, railroad, car, steam, coal, enginge, etc. Starting word: cat

Does it say anywhere in this post that I have to change something, @Lonely Star? Nope. All it says is that I can.

Stare.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can restart by switching the letters around IF the game is not playable like it is normally played.  If you don't want to play the game properly then please don't play the game at all.

Mmmm I gotta say @Riuma, Lonely has a point though. It does in fact say in the first post that "you can do only one thing and you can only change one letter." It would be fine if you rearranged one letter but you've been rearranging several letters to change the word. I mean you're changing them to valid words of course but with a change to more than one letter. Not trying to down the mood but I did not want to see a potential dispute to arise~

Stared

Startled

To end any dispute, yes, technically moving all the letters in a word around isn't following the rules. Moving one letter is fine, but as LifeNovel said, I did specifically state "You can do only one thing and you can only change one letter." 

:)  Im sure it was just a misunderstanding of what was written though, so no biggie.

Startled

To end any dispute, yes, technically moving all the letters in a word around isn't following the rules. Moving one letter is fine, but as LifeNovel said, I did specifically state "You can do only one thing and you can only change one letter." 

:)  Im sure it was just a misunderstanding of what was written though, so no biggie.

That's silly. There shouldn't be any restrictions on the letters you already have. This might as well be some rhyming game.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's silly. There shouldn't be any restrictions on the letters you already have. This might as well be some rhyming game.

But the point of the game is to change the word one letter at a time to see what it can evolve into. Yeah, if you look at it, for 3-4 posts it might rhyme until someone changes a certain letter, but overall it's come a long way. I mean heck, we started with cat and got all the way to startle. Not sure if there were dead ends that led to restarts along the way, but hey. I guess I'll amend the rules, and from here on out, if you can't form a word by changing one letter, you can flip the letters around however you wish, but you can only flip around the letters you already have. You can't add new ones, change any, or remove any.  For instance, i'm not sure what to do with startle. I can't remove or add a letter to make a new word. I can't move one letter to make a new word. So, I'll flip all the letters around and make a new one.

Rattles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back