• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern champagne problems — 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮

Characters
Here

sox

محبت

https://www.yoonseulent.com/about-us

champagne problems.

following

13.7m

followers

Welcome to Yoonseul Entertainment, the leading innovator of producing quality talent and artistry!

"everyone, please gather in the green room for the script reading in the next few minutes."

the piercing, jovial tone of director park's all-too-familiar voice rang across the bustling film set through the intercom, interrupting the chitter chatter of small talk and last minute preparations as the production crew flitted about like bees in a hive to get everything in order in time for the script reading for 'star-crossed lovers,' the first schedule ahead of what was bound to be a hectic few months of filming. just as the actors begin to trickle into the green room with their managers trailing behind scripts in hand, however, the director's ringtone began blaring from her pocket in a stroke of misfortune, startling her assistant into nearly dropping his lukewarm coffee mug.

"oh, shoot— sorry guys, this is an important call. i'll be right back, so why don't you mingle a little, get to know each other? ah, yes, hello, this is park youngmi—"

concerned wrinkles creasing her brow, the director all but sprinted out of the room without another word of acknowledgment, leaving the young actors to fend for themselves among longtime associates and unacquainted strangers alike. she finally came to a halt inside one of the offices nearby, locking the door behind her as the person on the other end of the line began their spiel in a panicked, apologetic tone. if the shaky grip of her knuckles and deathly pallor of her visage were any indication, the director was feeling less than forgiving, grilling the informant on every detail leading up to this disastrous news— at the end of the day, however, the show must go on at all costs, no matter what setback was placed before her.

even if that "setback" was their lead actress backing out of the production at the last minute.

"fuck it— jaeho!"
the overworked assistant's head whipped around as the director slammed the door open, startling the poor man once again from where he'd been pacing impatiently in the hallway.
"our eunji just bailed on us, so between wang byeol and yoon chaeyeong, who do you think better suits the role?"

jaeho's eyes bugged at the sudden revelation, coffee mug nearly tipping over once more before catching himself.
"um, m-miss yoon certainly looks more like what we envisioned for eunji, but—"

before he could stammer out the rest of his answer, director park clapped her hands together, signalling the end of his turn to speak.
"that's it, then! sort out the rest of the roles accordingly and inform the rest of the crew— oh, and get me another chamomile tea. my throat hurts from yelling at that bastard manager."

놀이 — play

lucy

회사
(@yoonseulent)

location.

scene #1.

script reading

time.

monday, 8:58 AM

duration.

roughly 20 minutes of downtime before the reading begins

✧sox x uxie✧

https://www.yoonseulent.com/talent/moscato/yoon-chaeyeong

yoon chaeyeong

following

1.1m

followers

and what a happy thought it is, to know you are here for a reason! (❀ˆᴗˆ)

today, yoon chaeyeong will become lee dahee. at least, she was determined to make it happen.

her biggest role yet — even if her only other comparable experience had been six-line cameos in web-dramas — and what she lacked in confidence, she made up for in eagerness. she'd been studying too, watching back clips of her own acting and of her seniors'. she could admit she was a little robotic and rickety, but everyone started somewhere, and with a bit more practice she could totally mirror those subtle downward shifts of the mouth that expressed sadness so clearly.

and gosh, actresses on TV were so, so pretty. her notes had ended up flanked by their tiny caricatures.

most of these thoughts were translated into murmured musings and random spurts of energy as she navigated her way through the busy streets of seoul, following a path she'd sort-of-but-not-quite memorised. thankfully, she trotted into the lobby with a minute to spare before the time kyungjin had told her, though it seemed her manager was nowhere to be found.

kj (>ᴗ•) are you here yet!

im ruagdnhf la

chaeyeong paused, staring down at her phone in an attempt to decipher his message. thirty seconds later, she tapped the dial button.

he picked up with a muffled greeting.
"you're roo-agh-dunph?"

"ha. ha."
kj deadpanned,
"trying to text with your pinky apparently doesn't work,"
a rustling was heard on the line as he shifted things around in his hand.
"anyways, i was trying to let you know that i'm running late. i'm on my way, but i'm not sure if i'm gonna make it before the table read starts. glance over your lines one time before going in. you highlighted them, right?"

chaeyeong wondered if he overslept or something. her legs began to move as she fished the script out from her bag.
"yeah!"
she chirped, gaze darting between the signs and the script as she flipped through the papers,
"oh, missed one. good thing i brought my highlighter!"

she heard what sounded like a sigh, before kj's voice sounded through the phone again.
"okay. flip through and make sure you didn't miss any others,"
a pause,
"i've been to many reads where there were painfully long periods of silence because the actors didn't know it was their line. believe me, you don't want that to be you at your first ever read."

chaeyeong hummed a quiet agreement, stopping at a corner as she glanced around for the next sign.
"i'll see you soon."
the call ended with a click, just as she finally spotted the tiny sign for her next turn. she completed her look-through just as she poked her head into the film set — it really had been just the one — peering in before she slipped in quietly.

it wasn't the first, nor even the largest set she'd been on, but something about it made her restless. maybe it was the buzz of excitement being read as nervousness, or maybe it was the kind-of-but-not-really familiar faces bustling by by fulfilling endless duties. attempts to make eye contact fell flat, as barely a soul batted an eye in her direction. was she too early, maybe?

and so she hovered by the door, one hand on her script and the other clutching the strap of her tote bag; her stature akin to a lost child, which, really, wasn't too far from the truth.

rolla skates

jo yuri

윤채영
(@chaebbi.)

location.

film set

outfit.

interactions.

kyungjin, open

tags.

mood.

oh..... haha..!! haha..

✧sox x uxie✧

Last edited:

https://www.yoonseulent.com/talent/sauvignon/ri-hyunjae

ri hyunjae

following

followers

brown eyes, pretty smile. sassy but sophisticated.

"Can’t get enough, I see,"
Hyunjae muttered quietly. She pressed down on the unsaved number until the all-too-familiar block button appeared on her screen. Adding to the list of expended pawns, she expelled a gentle exhale and placed her phone in her back pocket.

Glancing up from her person, she caught eyes with Yeo Woong. He was watching her from across the room on the couch in his dressing room with the same blank expression he always wears on his face—the same expression that was starting to get on her nerves everyday.

"Ah,"
Hyunjae crossed her arms and recollected herself,
"Just some old ex trying to get back together."
She wasn’t exactly lying. Not long before he latest project, she had her eyes set on a rookie idol who suddenly left her group after debut. Feigning interest in the doorman to the rookie idols apartment building, she quickly discovered the girl had been knocked up by a senior idol in her company. She received quite the paycheck when the news broke, alone with some free dinners from a decently attractive man along the way, but he kept pestering her about how she “owes him now” for all the dates.

Pushing herself from the vanity she was leaning against, Hyunjae went to sit next to Woong on the couch. She didn’t sit too close, of course, but at an appropriate distance for a manager to sit with her client. After months of meticulous planning and preparation, she refused to make any mistakes that could cost her such an important job.
"How are you feeling? Nervous at all?"
She knew what the answer would most likely be, but she had to keep making small talk if she eventually wanted to get to the bigger conversations. Hyunjae had been working tirelessly at perfecting conversations with Woong, keeping in mind everything she had learned about why his previous managers were fired. She could never quite figure out why his latest manager was fired, though.

"I’m looking forward to meeting the rest of the cast,"
she stood as she heard the aggravating sound of Director Park’s voice through the intercom,
"We should get going—I’ll meet you in there."

Hyunjae watched as Woong walked out of the room and shut the door behind him. Using her brief moment of privacy to her advantage, she quickly pulled up a running document on her phone with any information that she’s gathered on the actor. Typing in a few notes, she tucked away her phone as fast as she pulled it out and began to follow after Woong.

"Woong, did you bring the highlighted scri—"
Hyunjae came to abrupt standstill as she turned the corner into the green room.
"Chaeyeong?"

attitude

fromis_9

리현재
(@honeyjae)

location.

film set

outfit.

interactions.

woong, chaeyeong, seyoon (mentioned)

mood.

oh, what the fu—

✧sox x uxie✧

https://www.yoonseulent.com/talent/cabernet/yeowoong

yeo woong

following

35.9m

followers

Protagonist; the leading character, hero, or heroine of a drama or other literary work.

"Ah, just some old ex trying to get back together."

Woong watched her travel across the room, her expression coming into focus. Something about looking at her reminded him of being on set, staring into eyes that were doubtlessly in love, but only until the director called "Cut!". Fake. Acting. But so was everyone else here. Ri Hyunjae just seemed to be a little better. Maybe it was because her pretty features lived up to most of his co-stars.

He pulled his own lips into a muted smile.
"Oh,"
a tinge of sympathy ran in his voice,
"tough."

He might have continued the conversation, if he'd been in a better mood. But they'd made him wait too long for this reading to start, and skimming through the finalized crew list had done nothing but get on his nerves.

"How are you feeling? Nervous at all?"
Hyunjae carried on instead, taking a seat just far enough from him on the single couch. He gave a short laugh, a few notes off of sarcastic, his tone light when he questioned in return,
"Am I ever?"

The manager — Woong hadn't thought of anyone as his manager for a long while — continued with the small talk, throwing out something about excitement and meeting the cast. The intercom buzzed before she could say much, as if timed to end the conversation.
"We should get going,"
he heard Hyunjae remind, though Woong was already picking his script up off the small side table,
"I’ll meet you in there."

Another quiet smile.

Hurry over, then. You can't leave me alone for too long. Or so he might have joked. But the names on the crew list made the sentiment a little too real, and the only things Woong never said were things from his heart.

Instead, he rose from the couch, script in hand. It was unusual to have the film set be so close to the agency's headquarters, but the advantage was that he knew the paths like the back of his hand after all these years. Turning away from the default route and down the less populated path, Woong headed towards the designated meeting area.

heaven

taemin

여웅
(@crycry)

location.

film set

interactions.

hyunjae, open

mood.

meh

✧sox x uxie✧

Last edited:

https://www.yoonseulent.com/people/merlot/min-seyoon

min seyoon

following

followers

here for a good time AND a long time. try and get rid of me.
business inquiries: @yoonseulent

after a chipper morning of discovering he'd been ghosted by the dry cleaners kyungjin had contracted to handle the women's costume pieces, taking a sip of his medium roast coffee only to find it burnt beyond recognition, and nearly getting his jet black rav4 run off the freeway by a jackass in a maserati, min seyoon's timely arrival at the yoonseul company building with rising star wang byeol in tow only to find out that not one, not two, but three notorious tabloid journalists had snuck into the dressing rooms prior to their designated q&a time should have been a telltale omen as to how this script reading was destined to play out.

perhaps the middling amount of caffeine in his bloodstream was enough to keep him afloat despite the permanent dark circles etched under his eyes, or perhaps it was the subtle glimmer of hope in byeol's starry irises pulling him back from the edge of his sanity, but seyoon stopped to take a stabilizing breath at the entrance to their predetermined meeting location before he snapped and evolved into the worst version of himself in front of all the hotshots under their label.

and he still hadn't heard back from kyungjin about the dry cleaners' disappearing act. 'fucking fantastic.'

just as seyoon began to plot the longterm demise of his dearest younger friend and colleague of six years, the jarring alarm tone of an incriminating text from the devil himself drew him back to the hustle and bustle of the film set.

have you heard back from the dry cleaners? those fuckers won't answer my calls. pay them a courtesy visit if you can?

— 5:43 AM ✓
[ new message from: boot face. ]
i have not heard anything from them. how about you pay them a courtesy visit hmm???
— 8:51 AM

ah. classic. that scuffed shoe of a man was expeditiously climbing the ranks of his ever-expanding hit list.

"i gotta stop by costume design for a moment, but you should go on ahead,"
seyoon instructed, hurriedly handing byeol one of the tote bags on his shoulder after checking his watch with a scowl.
"here, this should have your script— i highlighted all your lines in blue— an extra pen in case the one inside the binder falls out, a thermos with ginger mint tea, a water bottle, and emergency tissues if your eyes start watering, since the air con can be a little intense in the green room. your seat should already have your name on it, but i'll be right there as soon as i sort this shit out."

seyoon belatedly wondered if kyungjin even remembered the name of the aforementioned dry cleaners as he gave byeol one last reassuring squeeze on the shoulder and zipped away to sort out whatever mess awaited him across the set. this type of irritating sequence of events was nothing new for the jaded manager, actually leaning on the tamer side when it came to coordinating the label's talent and associated staff on as large of a scale as the drama schedule before them. director park was a reliable and tenured professional that had pioneered several of yoonseul's previous hit projects, after all, and seyoon trusted she'd be able to turn whatever possible shitshow awaited them in that green room into a dazzling masterpiece once it hit the airwaves.

having relayed the dry cleaners' mishaps to the appropriate staff, seyoon spotted the newest addition to the manager lineup entering the green room and raced over to follow suit, finally stopping to catch his breath once he'd slipped inside just as the clock struck nine. safe.

"good morning,"
he greeted cordially, bowing to the cast and staff in turn while holding back a grimace at the sight of a yeo woong-shaped figure in his periphery. a wide-eyed yoon chaeyeong had also found her spot nearby, someone he'd nearly forgotten existed after resigning as her temporary manager until he peeped her name in the cast list the month prior. several familiar faces behind the cameras returned his greeting, colleagues he'd spent years working alongside at yoonseul who witnessed his expertise and respected him as such, but seyoon brushed by them to check in on byeol, analyzing her head-to-toe on the off-chance he'd missed some glaring flaw in his preparation. this was her moment— he would accept no mistakes.

seyoon reached out to fix a stray lock of byeol's hair, pressing down a few flyaways and plastering on what he hoped was a comforting smile.
"it's almost time— do you need anything? snacks? more water? a cig?"

luna de miel

alaina castillo

민세윤
(@sese_yoon)

location.

film set → green room

outfit.

interactions.

byeol, kj (mentioned: woong, hyunjae, chaeyeong)

mood.

nuisance after nuisance, that's a day in the life!

✧sox x uxie✧

https://www.yoonseulent.com/talent/chardonnay/wang-byeol

wang byeol

following

10.4m

followers

Once a shining star that bright up the entire sky, who is now dimming in the vast night.

Starting a new project always brought that anxious feeling to her stomach. Byeol really wanted to do well in this drama, although at that point it wasn't a want but more of a need. She desired to excel more than anything, and this new drama was either the breaking point of her career or the end of it. Because Byeol wasn't sure how long she would be able to keep up with this, seeing others achieve so much and she still stuck with the same comments saying how mediocre her talent was, causing her to really start to believe she was as untalented as the public said.

Perhaps that was the main reason she wanted to give her all in this project because if this could be her last project, at least she wanted to leave with no regrets, although she wasn't sure how Seyoon would react if this scenario happened. She felt terrible that she had someone by her side who sacrificed so much for her, just for her not being able to give it back. Was he just too good to hide how miserable she felt because she wasn't as successful as the other talents she had prior to him? Probably soon he would be able to really manage a star if things didn't turn out well.

"I guess I should be used to it by now, how much you prepare beforehand. You shouldn't really do all of that for me,"
Byeol said with a slight chuckle.
"But don't worry. I have everything under control, no need to worry about,"
Byeol said before entering the room.

And there it was, the green room, where the first script reading would take place. Just by stepping inside, the environment was completely different, and it was pretty obvious that not just her but everyone in that room wanted to make this drama become a successful one or probably was because she was surrounded by actors that she never thought she would be able to work along unless she was at her peak. Either way, Byeol wanted to prove herself to everyone.

She greeted everyone and took a seat, closing her eyes briefly as she let out a deep breath she wasn't even sure she was holding. She couldn't let the nerves win because she couldn't let these people, Seyoon, and herself down. "It's almost time—do you need anything? Snacks? More water? A cig?" Seyoon's voice was heard, taking By surprise the former idol.
"You scared me. I was trying to calm my nerves,"
she said with a small laugh.
"But don't worry, I'll be fine! But what about we go and eat some corn dogs after this, like a celebration. Could we also invite Chae? It's her first time filming a drama I want her to feel comfortable and I want to cheer on her!"

celebrity

iu

왕별
(@twinklestar)

location.

film set

outfit.

interactions.

seyoon

tags.

mood.

I can do this

✧sox x uxie✧

Last edited:

yoon chaeyeong

following

1.1m

followers

the announcement over the intercom came, a muffled instruction that spurred her into action. finally, chaeyeong managed to catch a shoulder of a crew member to ask for directions to the green room, thankfully far friendlier than expected despite her interruption — "oh, you're yoon chaeyeong!"
"yes!"
"you're much prettier in-person!" — and she bumbled her way over with a skip in her step.

she'd just found it when she heard a familiar voice behind her. "chaeyeong?" it'd been years, probably, since she'd heard that particular lilt, but she'd heard it countless times while she splattered paint on her overalls and fiddled with wood, and countless more from the pitch-dark wings of the stage. chaeyeong whirled around, a quiet, delighted gasp slipping from her lips.

"hyunjae-unnie?!"
surprise and joy split across her features, and she crossed the distance between them in a few quick strides to pull the older girl into a tight hug.
"long time no see! how have you been?"

"ah, i haven't struggled with breathing until now!" at her words, chaeyeong squeezed even tighter, releasing hyunjae after a few moments. a beaming smile sitting atop her lips. "i've been doing well! i've missed you."

"i never thought i'd find you here! it's been ages. you look so pretty!"
she mused, her smile spreading wider as the older girl cupped her cheeks playfully, though she responded to her teasing with a small whine. hyunjae had always been pretty, but there was a maturity to her now that chaeyeong thought only added to her cool charisma. there was always something very piercing about her gaze, especially when she was on stage.

honestly, she couldn't even remember why they'ds stopped talking — the last time she recalled them speaking was years ago, when she was still a freshman in university, probably. over coffee, or something? but if chaeyeong remembered correctly... hadn't hyunjae quit acting? maybe she'd just missed out on news, or something...
"are you on the cast, too? i didn't see your name there, though."

the manager answered without missing a beat, her words taking on a teasing lilt. "no, chaeyeong, I quit acting a long time ago for stars like you to shine. i've switched to management and manage yeo woong, the male lead." the mention of her old celebrity crush made her jump, as much as she did when her eyes had first passed over his printed name on the cast list. wasn't this too coincidental?

her attention, as sparse as an overactive puppy, flitted to the door just as hyunjae spoke up, her body dropping into a bow when she recognised the senior actress.
"ah, sunbaenim! good morning~"
her eyes followed byeol as she navigated to a labelled seat, and chaeyeong noted her own tagged just a few spaces away. should be sitting right now, too?

chaeyeong's gaze shifted back to hyunjae apologetically.
"sorry, unnie, i think i should go to my seat, too."
she gaze the other girl's hands a last squeeze.
"let's catch up again, soon! maybe drinks, or something. i don't know how busy you are managing a top star, but just let me know!"

with that, she skipped off to her seat. manager min had come in at one point, now flanking byeol's chair, and she considered whether or not to say hello as she dropped into her own seat. perhaps not. maybe later? if she saw an opportunity, she supposed — she would at least afford them the privacy of not listening in to their conversation, but chaeyeong couldn't help but watch them out of the corner of her eye. her lips pursed in interest when manager min tucked away a lock of byeol's hair out of the corner of her eye, lips pursing in interest. that was so affectionate. if chaeyeong didn't know he was her manager, she'd have totally thought they were lovers, or something! but his stern, unchanging expression was so unmistakable you really couldn't think otherwise, hm?

she thought briefly of her own manager, imagining the look he would've given her if she'd asked him to do anything remotely similar; the idea made her giggle inwardly. how late was he, anyway? she wondered if he'd make it in time for the read. when was it starting, anyways?

just in time, byeol and seyoon's conversation seemed to wind down slightly.
"byeol-sunbaenim,"
she said quietly, turning slightly towards the other girl,
"sorry, but do you know what time the script read's starting...?"
after a moment's hesitation, she added,
"good morning, too, manager min."

rolla skates

jo yuri

윤채영
(@chaebbi.)

location.

film set

outfit.

interactions.

hyunjae, byeol, seyoon (sorta)

mood.

enthusiastic!!!

✧sox x uxie✧

Last edited:

https://www.yoonseulent.com/talent/syrah/park-kyungjin

park kyungjin

following

followers

"syrah, also known as shiraz, is a dark-skinned grape variety grown throughout the world used primarily to produce red wine."

a morning workout was always a great way to start the day. get the grind started early and spend the rest of the day with a boost to serotonin, mood and health. for most people, it was a great way to relax and de-stress, kyungjin included. except,

“fuck i’m late!”

well, there goes the relaxation.
“never again am i trusting the gym clock.”
he muttered to himself, throwing everything into his bag and actually running to the showers. he’d made the mistake of leaving his phone in his bag and relying on the digital clock hanging on the walls of the gym, a clock that proved to be ten minutes behind the actual time. now he was running late.

he’d never showered, gotten dressed and left the gym as quickly as he did just then. only when he was on the metro, leaning against one of the windows and trying to open a protein bar did he check his phone. ignoring the text from seyoon, he opened chaeyoung’s and decided that typing while trying to eat would work out well. not.

after hanging up with her, kj knew he couldn’t ignore seyoon for much longer. he managed to type out a sarcastic response and then shoved his phone in his pocket. there was no way in hell he was about to tell seyoon that he couldn’t go to the dry cleaners because the gym clock was wrong and now he was late. he’d rather keep his head, thank you.

he stepped off the train at the correct stop (damn did he miss his car) and began the short walk to set. the clock had just turned over to 9:04 when he crossed through the entrance and he continued further down the hall to where he knew the script read was to take place. his hand pressed against the door, ready to push it open, but had a brief moment of hesitation. was he going to be able to handle this? it was his job to handle it, yes, but in an ideal world, that should be him at the table, would be him if he weren’t so mismanaged by the company he’s currently employed by.

shaking his head, kyungjin pushed open the door just in time to see seyoon fretting over a girl’s hair.
“didn’t know you were also a hairdresser, hyung,”
he commented as he walked in, stopping next to the duo.
“though if i were you, i’d stick solely to the management field. anything involving hair and fashion. . . not your strong suit,”
his dark gaze traveled up and down seyoon’s figure, scrutinizing his outfit.
“i knew i should’ve come over last night and laid out an outfit for you.”

kj decided to let seyoon continue flirting in peace and gave him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder before continuing on in order to find chaeyoung. it didn’t take long to locate her, seyoon’s tall frame having hidden her seated one from view.

“. . . what time the script read is starting?”

“now, actually,”
what a greeting. kyungjin leaned forward and took the script from where it was resting on the table and started flipping through it. though he trusted that chaeyoung highlighted her lines, she did admit that she forgot one. it was his duty as a manager to make sure she was prepared so that’s what he was doing; checking to make sure everything was highlighted so she’d be prepared when it was her turn. there didn’t seem to be anything else missing.
“good.”
he said, closing the book.

his eyes landed on woong as he set the script back on the table, narrowing slightly before looking away when chae greeted seyoon.
“let them continue flirting,”
the words were spoken in english, the jab at his older friend flowing off his tongue with ease.
“do you have any last questions? ask them now because it starts in less than a minute.”

back from the dead

toosii

박경진
(@kayjay_)

location.

script read room

outfit.

interactions.

seyoon, chaeyoung

tags.

mood.

L8 dont H8

✧sox x uxie✧

Last edited:

champagne problems.

following

13.7m

followers

Welcome to Yoonseul Entertainment, the leading innovator in producing quality talent and breakthrough artistry!

as the looming wall clock ticked on past the designated time for the script reading to begin and director park still remained nowhere in sight, hushed conspiratory murmurs began to spread among the chatty staff like the formulative embers of a brush fire, wiggling eyebrows and muted whispers conjuring up all sorts of implausible scenarios about their beloved, esteemed director and her tail-wagging, kick-me assistant. such was the workplace culture of the illustrious yoonseul entertainment, a hotbed of misconceptions and baseless rumors concerning the very celebrities stationed before them every morning as they plastered on their routine customer service smiles and refilled their sparkling cucumber waters for the nth time.

before the flames could properly catch, however, the door slammed open and a heavy silence engulfed the room as director park stared down each cast member with an unreadable expression, hard lines etched into her poker face betraying nothing of what was to come next. yeo woong, their resident star player, unamused as usual; wang byeol, the talent they'd signed with hopes of becoming more than... whatever she was at the moment; and lastly, yoon chaeyeong, the 'love catcher' crowd-favorite, just as doe-eyed and naive as she'd expected.

'well... who knows? maybe jaeho actually has an eye for this kind of thing.'

surface-level assessment complete, she clapped her hands together and equipped her signature warm smile to welcome the cast and crew to the production.
"good morning, everyone— my deepest apologies for our tardiness! i... well, i have some unfortunate news... our 'eunji' has been met with a last-minute scheduling issue and can no longer join us for the production of 'star-crossed lovers'. a damn shame, i know, we were all looking forward to her performance."

a chorus of distressed gasps sounded around the green room, though quickly shushed when jaeho's finger flew to press against his lips over the director's shoulder.
"not to worry, however! we've already spoken with the board and rearranged some things to make this work within your contracts, which is why we ran so late just now."

the frazzled, guilt-ridden assistant, who presently seemed to be lacking any sort of light behind his eyes at this point, scurried out from behind director park to hand a fresh script covered in vibrant purple highlighter to chaeyeong— the female lead's lines, unmistakable even from across the room. another tense silence descended over the group as confusion slowly gave way to shocked understanding, concerned glances towards the clearly-wronged wang byeol far outnumbered by disbelieving expressions of thinly-veiled excitement at the juicy turn of events.

"congratulations on your new promotion, miss yoon chaeyeong— this may well be your big break!"
chirped the giddy director, a subtle twitch to her lips the only indication of her deep-set agitation at the entire debacle.
"i can't wait to see you bring 'eunji' to life. now, we've stalled long enough, but i'm sure you're all plenty taken aback by the sudden news, so take some time to familiarize yourself with the new lineup and your fellow coworkers before we begin. i'll be milling about nearby if you have any questions."

director park paused to check her wrist watch, brow furrowing in thought for a brief moment before returning to her chipper introductory spiel.
"let's reconvene to begin the reading at a quarter till. thank you for your patience, everyone, sincerely— i look forward to working with you all!"

오르골 — music box

shinee

회사
(@yoonseulent)

location.

scene #1.

script reading

time.

monday, 9:17 AM

duration.

roughly 30 minutes to review and mingle

✧sox x uxie✧

https://www.yoonseulent.com/talent/chardonnay/wang-byeol

wang byeol

following

10.4m

followers

Once a shining star that bright up the entire sky, who is now dimming in the vast night.

As the clock continued ticking, Byeol couldn’t stop feeling nervous. The idea of the script reading was thrilling but at the same time terrifying. She knew perfectly how everything went down in this kind of thing, but still, she wondered how Chaeyong could look as composed despite being her first time in this kind of thing, while Byeol was feeling the nerves of an amateur, perhaps because after all this time she still felt like one.

And perhaps Byeol wasn’t the only feeling anxious, as the murmurs were more than evident. Did the surrounding people knew something she didn’t know? But those thoughts were suddenly out of her mind when the director appeared on the room, her mere presence was enough for Byeol to stand still most likely as she was trying to prove them something most likely that she was capable of doing her role justice and hide that this could be her last drama.

Byeol expected the announcement to be something completely different, the breaking news that the main lead had scheduling conflicts and couldn’t join the filming and just like everyone else Byeol let out a surprised gasp, but stopped suddenly as the director continue talking “not to worry, however! we’ve already spoken with the board and rearranged some things to make this work within your contracts, which is why we ran so late just now.”

The sudden news of the new female lead made Byeol to feel a rush of adrenaline. Could it perhaps that she could get a promotion? It wasn’t unheard of, but she never got one. But knowing that there was a possibility it made her heart race, but all her daydreams came to an end when she heard the words of director park leaving her mouth.

“congratulations on your new promotion, miss yoon chaeyeong— this may well be your big break!” Those words rumble inside of Byeol’s head, repeating over and over again. A big break from the words Byeol always expected to hear, but was never enough to get it. Maybe it was dumb since the beginning to be hopeful of getting a promotion, she still had an important role it wasn’t the main lead but it was important to the story perhaps wanting to become the lead was just too selfish and she just needed to accept her position.

Even if she was heartbroken at the news and it felt like a heavy weight on her heart, the girl couldn’t have bad feelings towards the girl next to her, and while her real feelings were completely opposite of the ones, she showed to the rest; she put up a bright smile on her face.
“I am so happy for you, Chae! I know you are going to do amazing in this role. I’ll be cheering for you!”

celebrity

iu

왕별
(@twinklestar)

location.

film set

outfit.

interactions.

chae

tags.

mood.

:crythumb:

✧sox x uxie✧

ri hyunjae

following

followers

"Sorry, Unnie, I think I should go to my seat, too."
Chaeyoung gave Hyunjae’s hand one last squeeze, which the new manager returned just as eagerly.
"Let's catch up again, soon! Maybe drinks, or something. I don't know how busy you are managing a top star, but just let me know!"

Hyunjae laughed quietly to herself for a moment, reluctantly letting the young star’s hand go as she practically bounced to her assigned seat. She thought about the last time they were together—sitting in a university dining hall at the ass-crack of dawn, drinking burnt ninety-nine cent coffee and quizzing each other before their morning final exams. Their conversation drifted between flashcards and meaningless conversation—from the relationship between naturalism and realism to what Hyunjae planned to do after graduation. She could still remember Chaeyoung’s expression when she told her that the latest theatre production was her last; the younger woman’s metaphorical tail had practically stopped wagging.

Feeling a presence rush behind her, Hyunjae snapped back into reality. She watched as a tall figure dressed to the nines made his way next to Chaeyoung, her eyes just as quickly shifting to manager Min sitting next to the can’t-catch-her-big-break actress Byeol. The two were sitting closer than most managers would with their clients, which could easily lead others to believe that they were romantically involved.

She made a mental note of this.

Straightening her posture, Hyunjae sauntered to her seat. She needed to remain confident if she was going to finish this assignment, and letting a fellow manager catch her off guard simply wouldn’t slide. Reaching forward to grab Woong’s script as she sat down, Hyunjae began to flip through the highlighted pages.
“Did you have any questions or concerns?”
She continued to flip through the pages, scanning them for any missed lines.
“I’m not expecting any, of course. You’re more reliable than most.”

In her peripheral vision, Hyunjae caught Chaeyoung’s manager glaring in her direction. Whether he was staring at her or at Woong, she couldn’t be too sure; however, she also couldn’t be bothered to return the favor. Instead, she focused her attention on Woong, discussing future schedules and running through some lines while waiting for the time to pass.

The monotonous tick of the clock’s hands and the hushed whispers of staff members eventually became equally deafening. Newfound conspiracies came to a halt as director Park burst into the room without a sleezy corporate smile in sight. Hyunjae almost admired the deadpan expression.

She was beginning to become irritated with the director’s tardiness, but the announcement that she brought with made up for all of the lost time. Her eyes immediately shifted to Byeol, who most staff members were already gifting with pitiful expressions. She knew that the former idol would try to hide her devastation—Byeol was not that hard to read. It was tragic, truly. Hyunjae half-expected Byeol to pick up on some real acting skills after years of being an idol.

As she watched Byeol congratulate Chaeyoung, Hyunjae began to reconsider how she was going to work up a scandal now. The thought of encompassing her dear friend in the scandal briefly crossed her mind, but she just as quickly pushed it away.

attitude

fromis_9

리현재
(@honeyjae)

location.

film set

outfit.

interactions.

woong, chaeyeong, seyoon (mentioned), Byeol (mentioned), KJ (mentioned)

tags.

mood.

holy sh–

✧sox x uxie✧

yoon chaeyeong

following

1.1m

followers

"oh, kj! you made it on time~"
she chirped, watching eagerly as he flipped through the script with a hawkish gaze — her smile widened when he seemed satisfied with her homework.

"let them continue flirting." for a moment, she passed an alarmed glance at the senior actress and her manager, registering a second later that he'd spoken to her in english. she was totally right, the vibe was so there! "do you have any last questions? ask them now because it starts in less than a minute."

"oh, seriously?"
she pursed her lips thoughtfully, brushing a stray hair behind her ear. there really wasn't anything else she needed to know, right? it was her first script read, but it should be a pretty straightforward thing. it seemed straightforward. after a few moments, chaeyeong shrugged, tilting her head to stare at kyungjin as she said,
"not that i can think of at the moment."
her expression turned cheery.
"maybe if something comes to mind later...?"

the entrance of director park signalled the end of whatever little conversation she had and chaeyeong bustled with excitement in her seat only for the woman to drop the most jaw-dropping news. she gaped at the script being held out to her, taking it over with hesitant hands — her gaze darted nervously to kj, with an expression that pleaded,
help!

"congratulations on your new promotion, miss yoon chaeyeong— this may well be your big break!"

she was taking back everything about it being straightforward.

her first line was now on the first page, highlighted in grating neon green instead of her serene peach, and she stared down at it uneasily. dahee to eunji was a... jump, to say the least, and as chipper as she could usually be, she was struggling to feel like anything but a fish out of water. she glanced briefly at byeol, opening her mouth to deliver some sort of protest, only for director park to continue cheerily, "i can't wait to see you bring 'eunji' to life."

her announcement finished, director park's attention seemed to leave her entirely, and chaeyeong felt her shoulders slump. her fingers fidgeted with the papers, nervously folding the edge of the first page into a tiny, perfect triangle as her eyes scanned over the printed text that suddenly seemed to melt together into a blur of ink. it was a great opportunity — one others would have killed for, probably — and she would've jumped at it if she didn't feel so unsure about it. it reminded her of that time they'd tried to send her down a steep slope, the very first time she'd put on roller skates ever.

granted, it'd gone more-or-less well, because she only tumbled at the end; right now, though, the knowledge of that achievement was doing nothing to still her nerves.

byeol's cheery voice sounded from her right, and chaeyeong lifted a timid gaze to meet the senior actress' own. "i am so happy for you, chae! i know you are going to do amazing in this role. i’ll be cheering for you!"

where others' whispered and murmured amongst themselves, she could only see truth and earnestness in byeol's eyes. it was reassuring, and lifted her spirits marginally; enough that she stopped feeling like her heart was sinking into her stomach.

"thank you, byeol! i'll try my best, but i hope you don't mind if i come to you for help sometimes, too!"
chaeyeong forced a smile, even as her fingers continued to press that triangle into shape.

her gaze flickered past woong — now her co-star, a dumbfounding revelation — and then to kyungjin, turning wide eyes that concealed little of the panic she was trying to quell.
"a question just came to mind. what do i do?"
in a small voice, she added,
"this isn't usually supposed to happen, right? aren't i a little bit too... measly to be promoted...?"

rolla skates

jo yuri

윤채영
(@chaebbi.)

location.

film set

outfit.

interactions.

kyungjin, byeol

mood.

HUH cat

✧sox x uxie✧

Last edited:

park kyungjin

following

followers

"syrah, also known as shiraz, is a dark-skinned grape variety grown throughout the world used primarily to produce red wine."

kyungjin simply nodded when chaeyeong said she didn’t have any questions, taking a step back in order to give her space. he’d just leaned the left side of his body against the wall when the door suddenly burst open, causing him to jump about 10 feet in the air. a few seconds of recovery, then a quick glance told him it was the director. good. now they could finally begin.

however–

“our 'eunji' has been met with a last-minute scheduling issue and can no longer join us for the production,”

well, that certainly wasn’t what he was expecting to hear. that was that, then. they’d be delayed until they could cast a new eunji which could take a month and–

now that got his full attention. kj felt his heart drop into his stomach at that announcement. they were just going out on a whim and casting chaeyeong as the main female role? chaeyeong, who had no acting experience whatsoever besides some bullshit scripted reality show about something as stupid as love?

someone with little to no acting experience at all hardly ever got cast in lead roles simply because they didn’t have any experience and never made it past the auditions. that was for a reason; they didn’t know how to act and therefore didn’t deserve the role. just because you might “look the part” didn’t mean it was automatically yours, didn’t mean you should be cast.

though it sounded like he was angry at his managee, he wasn’t. it’s not like she injured the intended actress hoping to get the part. it wasn’t as if she went up to the higher ups of the company and demanded the role. no. he was angry at the company.

the company who should have opened auditions once again to recast eunji, the company who should never promote someone to the role just because they were there. the right thing to have done would be to reopen auditions and give both chaeyeong and byeol the opportunity to audition before anyone else, should they desire to, and then open it up to others. the wrong thing to have done was to do what they did.

but frankly speaking, kyungjin wasn’t all that surprised. this was the company who sought him out once he returned to korea after seeing him in a few minor roles, the company who promised him great things ("including main roles!") if he were to sign with them. the company who completely lied about main roles when the "great things" turned out to be background and secondary roles with little to no speaking. the company who ignored his pleas for help and for them to do their jobs, ignored his requests to help him find auditions for better roles. the company who refused to do so, who seemed to cast him out high and dry the second the ink was drying on paper many moons ago. this was the company that blamed him for his failures to secure a better role, who said they were going to terminate his contract in its entirety when it was them who wanted him in the first place.

thinking about it now, kj definitely should’ve allowed them to terminate the contract. if it had been terminated, he wouldn’t be dealing with all of this unprofessional bullshit. but he was so desperate for income at the time that he was willing to do anything, including signing on as a manager even though acting was his entire world, what he’d dedicated his life to. too little, too late. now he was stuck here.

yoonseul entertainment was a laughing stock of a company.

he didn’t hear the director wrap up her bombshell of an announcement and was only broken out of his train of thought by chaeyeong’s question. "this isn't usually supposed to happen, right?”

kyungjin shook his head.
“no, it never happens,”
he shoved his hands into his pockets to prevent himself from punching the wall.
“they’re supposed to reopen auditions and after a few rounds, recast the role. i’m not saying you wouldn’t get the role of eunji, but you’d normally have to audition for it.”

“aren't i a little bit too... measly to be promoted...?"

the true answer was yes, but he couldn’t bring himself to say it.
“i think... i think they were feeling incredibly shocked and also pressured to start filming right away and you must fit the physical description of the role so they casted you,”
a hand was removed from a pocket and forcefully ran through his hair.
“i’m sure you’ll be fine. just read the new script and start thinking as eunji.”

his eyes found her old script and he reached forward, swiping it off the table and into his hand.
“this company is a motherfucking joke.”
kj muttered under his breath and walked towards the door, but right before reaching it, paused to drop the old script into the trash. he then shouldered the door open and walked out, the slam of the door echoing behind him.

day off

sik-k & haon

박경진
(@kayjay_)

location.

who tf knows

outfit.

interactions.

chaeyoung

tags.

mood.

:whatthehell_2:

✧sox x uxie✧

https://www.yoonseulent.com/people/merlot/min-seyoon

min seyoon

following

followers

here for a good time AND a long time. try and get rid of me.
business inquiries: @yoonseulent

"you scared me. i was trying to calm my nerves, but don't worry, i'll be fine! but what about we go and eat some corn dogs after this, like a celebration. could we also invite chae? it's her first time filming a drama. i want her to feel comfortable and i want to cheer her on!"

byeol's question came as no surprise to seyoon, who had always known her kind, accomodating heart could hold no reservations towards her juniors, even less towards one she considered a good friend. he returned her smile with ease, finally letting go of the tension in his posture as he chuckled at her startled response.

"sorry about that! sure, corn dogs sound perfect for a day like today."
he glanced over at chaeyeong again at her mention of the actress, remembering their brief outside-of-work interactions in the past riddled with distinct enthusiasm.
"of course, byeol— we can invite whoever you like."

as mundane as their day-to-day banter may have seemed to any nosy outsiders looking in, scrutinizing their respectful language and considerate touches as something other than what it was, seyoon found tranquility in their resident angel wang byeol, the type of wholeness and peace that reminded him to take a moment and slow down, to drink in the effervescent present buzzing all around him because it may never appear like this ever again.

“didn’t know you were also a hairdresser, hyung."
the aforementioned tranquility burst in an instant like a lingering soap bubble just waiting for the right moment to pop as boot face kyungjin marched in, looking just about as hurriedly put-together as seyoon expected after receiving such a late reply to his text.
“though if i were you, i’d stick solely to the management field. anything involving hair and fashion... not your strong suit. i knew i should’ve come over last night and laid out an outfit for you.”

seyoon all but ignored kyungjin harping on about his minimalist taste in casual wear— with three high-profile figures seated at the table before them, who in the audience would give a damn about what one of their managers had chosen to don that morning? especially one plagued with a chronic case of cleaning-up-other-people's-messes-itis, and terminally ill he was.

"i'm in a good mood, park kyungjin,"
seyoon dismissed flippantly, lightly elbowing him away with a sharp side-eye when the younger man patted his shoulder,
"which means you have roughly between now and five p.m. to come up with an excuse for being both late and empty-handed."

as lively as this kickstarter event promised to be based on the genial atmosphere in the studio that morning, seyoon breathed a sigh of relief when director park finally showed up on set to commence the screen reading. the relaxed expression on his usually neutral face quickly morphed into disbelief, however, as she announced the most jarring, ridiculous update he'd ever heard, beyond the likes of which he could have imagined in his wildest dreams.

'there's no way. no fucking way.'

in all of the long, taxing years that min seyoon had endured the unbridled mismanagement of this industry, he had never in his life witnessed such exorbitant levels of shameless unprofessionalism in broad daylight like this before. where director park had long stood as the pinnacle of an exemplary portfolio at yoonseul, her senior reputation had all but dissolved in a heartbeat to the shellshocked manager who instantly turned to check on byeol's disposition in that moment, knowing full well that she'd rather slap on a smile and pretend all was fine and dandy before letting even a fraction of her true heartbreak show through the cracks.

she was a beaming crescent moon, the impeccably shining image of a senior putting the spotlight on her old friend and congratulating her like she meant it. his heart sank to the floor.

stars swam across seyoon's reeling vision as he whipped around to catch a glimpse of kyungjin's bewildered exit from the scene, long gone before he had the chance to accurately read the hints of betrayal in his guarded pupils. the harsh sound of the door slamming behind him jerked seyoon back to present, however, and he blinked once, twice with the expectant stares of various staff boring into his skull as he remembered how he was trained to react in moments like these.

"congratulations, chaeyeong,"
seyoon chimed in with a warm smile, shoving his white knuckles into his pockets to feign nonchalance. despite his rage at the irresponsible last-minute decision, his view of the younger woman remained a fond one, never a malicious bone in her optimistic body.
"we'll all do our best behind-the-scenes to support you as much as we can, so try not to feel too pressured by the suddenness of it all, okay? now if you'll excuse me..."

before he could fully obstruct their bittersweet moment, seyoon gave byeol's shoulder a knowing squeeze and announced he'd be right outside with kyungjin to let them chat amongst themselves. despite his promising words, however, he stalked right over to the director's unassuming assistant, nabbed him by the arm in a vice-like grip, and dragged him out the door for a pleasant little chat about their current state of affairs.

on his way out to chase down his junior, seyoon's gaze momentarily landed on yeo woong and ri hyunjae, both of whom outwardly seemed none-too-invested in the gut-wrenching structure shift. he'd have to recoup with his fellow manager another time to gain the scoop on woong's attitude towards working on such a shoddily planned production— after all, the flames of hell may well have frozen over before seyoon exchanged a single discerning word with the aloof man himself.

forever only

jaehyun

민세윤
(@sese_yoon)

location.

green room

outfit.

interactions.

byeol, kj, chaeyeong (mentioned: woong, hyunjae)

mood.

a complaint isn't enough, i need a muzzle

✧sox x uxie✧

Last edited:

https://www.yoonseulent.com/talent/cabernet/yeowoong

yeo woong

following

35.9m

followers

Protagonist; the leading character, hero, or heroine of a drama or other literary work.

"You’re more reliable than most."

In the face of everything going on, Hyunjae's words seemed more of a matter of course than a compliment. Could you even be less reliable than most, if this was the state of the crew? He had never seen casting decisions so inexplicable or last minute changes so literal — and after a decade in the industry there wasn't much left he hadn't seen.

But he supposed as long as he was still here, they didn't care. It was one of those productions, after all. Sink all that money into aesthetics and marketing, hope that having a star on screen will make it back for you.

"What a shit show."

A laugh, not quite light, though pursed lips were otherwise the only indication of his worsening mood. Woong's eyes traveled slowly across the scene, taking in the reactions of every person on set as they scrambled to adapt to the news.

Wang Byeol, sweet — and some might say a pushover, heading over to give her congratulations. The eyesore, who had been beginning to seem like he physically couldn't detach himself from her, finally leaving the room with a frowning KJ in tow. And the new girl, looking lost.

"You know her? The new female lead,"
Woong questioned, keeping his voice low. He glanced over at Hyunjae, only to find her attention stuck on the two girls, too. Maybe a little too stuck.
"You two seemed close just now."

Her expression shifted as she leaned back into her chair, as if she'd just remembered to distance herself.
"Chaeyoung was my junior in our university days, but we haven't seen each other in years."

Woong thought she looked a little too pained for it to be that simple. He looked away, gaze back on Chaeyoung as he hummed an acknowledgement.
"Is she any good?"

A silent pause, which told Woong most of what he needed to know.
"Last we spoke, she was working behind the stage — not on it."

"Huh."
He mulled on the information, withholding judgement for the reading that was about to happen. He glanced at his watch. Twenty minutes left. Uncrossing his legs, he lifted himself off the chair.

"I should go say hi, then. To Wang Byeol, too."
A thought occurred to him — a conditioned response — that they should be the ones coming over to greet him, seniority and all. He shrugged it off.
"You don't have to come with, just rest here."

Calm strides took him from one side of the room to the other in a flash, as he approached the two women.
"Good morning. You two doing okay?"
A light smile; he extended his hand to Chaeyoung first.
"It's a bit more chaotic that expected, but I look forward to working with you."

heaven

taemin

여웅
(@crycry)

location.

film set

interactions.

hyunjae, chaeyoung, byeol

mood.

over it

✧sox x uxie✧

Last edited:

champagne problems.

following

13.7m

followers

Welcome to Yoonseul Entertainment, the leading innovator in producing quality talent and breakthrough artistry!

"what?! it's... all over twitter already?! w-well, what about pann, are they spreading the same rumors? shoot... uh, well, m-maybe we can get wang byeol's manager to talk to— seyoon! hey, perfect timing! can you come here for a second, please?!"

the proactive manager paused in the midst of his speedy stride to listen to assistant director jaeho's sudden request, eyebrow raised in suspicion of what the busy man could possibly need from him specifically as he slipped through the ajar door to one of the meeting rooms on set. of course, he already had a relatively solid idea of what they'd ask, well aware of the looming crisis that currently had a hold on the company's pr department, but it seemed these louts truly were incapable of fixing anything without his personal professional network.

"you heard about what's going on, right?"
the assistant hissed, crowding seyoon's personal space as he scrolled through his social media feed to showcase the troubling matter at hand.
"right, there's no way you haven't. i tried to keep it under wraps, but maybe you could reach out to one of your contacts at naver and—"

"there's no point in whispering, jaeho. it's on the front fucking page of korea entertainment daily."
director park's commanding voice brought the buzzing anxiety circling the office to a tense standstill as she sauntered in and slammed a crisp, new magazine against the assistant's chest in exasperation.
"along with every other half-baked rumor their attention-deprived brains could churn out before monday's deadline."

"d-director park—"

"stuff it. remember what i told you about bad publicity? we make it work for us. plus, we've got bigger fish to fry."
she paused and gave each of them a once-over, shooting seyoon a pointed look before turning back to jaeho.
"don't you have a preparatory checklist to run through right about now? or would you rather take it easy today as a clapper loader?"

jaeho's eyes bugged in alarm at the subtle threat, and he raced out the door without excusing himself to make sure everything was exactly where it needed to be for their first day of filming 'star-crossed lovers.' the actors should have been on standby already, but with everything taking a turn for the dramatic, he counted his blessings that at least none of them had thrown a fit at the news like many of their famed predecessors.

and just like that, all traces of idle gossip were left to the outer fringes as filming commenced at long last with utmost concentration from the production staff— while yoonseul was notorious for its messy backstage tales and horrible scheduling department, it never skimped on the quality of its products, cinematography and storytelling alone enough to keep the company afloat should everything else fail them at the last minute.

the scene currently being filmed involved the meeting of the series' main characters, a scorned yet free-spirited eunji being hired as the cold and meticulous minho's assistant designer at the firm. their initial encounter was scripted to be awkward and disharmonious, a clash of opposing personalities from the jump as eunji considers whether this is really the right position for her to move forward in her career.

"now, eunji sits on the couch in the lobby, waiting for the hiring manager to introduce her to her new boss."
director park's voice guided through the intercom, helping the new actress get used to her role as patiently as she could.
"eager, nervous, a little wary— just enough to make her foot start tapping— and then bam! an office door slams open to reveal minho making his entrance!"

animal farm (가면무도회)

bibi

회사
(@yoonseulent)

location.

scene #2.

first day of shooting

time.

tuesday, 9:00 AM

duration.

a couple of scenes

✧sox x uxie✧

ri hyunjae

following

followers

”BREAKING: Yoon Chaeyeong to play the lead role in ‘Star Crossed Lovers.’ Is Yoonseul Entertainment officially giving up on Wang Byeol?”

As they should.

”There has to be some sort of deal between Yoonseul and the media because Kyungjin has really been flopping lately”

He’s flopping at the whole managing thing, too.

”yoonseul must be trying to convince us that byeol can act with these new dating rumors…”

As if anything could convince the public.

”I hate kpop thank god blossom is just a flower”

Okay, that’s kind of funny.

”Chaeyeong has more talent in her fingernails than Byeol does in her entire being”

I have yet to see her act, but I somehow already believe this.

”ICYMI: Corn dogs may not be the only meat Wang Byeol is getting!”

Like.

”half the tl is yelling about how woong is apparently a dick while the other half is yelling about how byeol is instead getting dick”

Like and retweet.

Scrolling through her SNS accounts, Hyunjae rejoiced at the chaos she had seemingly created overnight. She had done the easy task of gathering minimal information; the media often handles the rest. Most people were criticizing Chaeyeong and Byeol, which didn’t surprise her. Women often bear the brunt of the bad press. Even so, her heart ached a little more each time she read something negative about her old friend. She had to remind herself that sacrifices needed to be made if she was going to pay the bills.

Money can only take care of so much, and these tabloids pay Hyunjae large sums for any information she holds. After all, she has led to the release of some of the biggest scandals in the entertainment industry. It’s been getting progressively more difficult to keep her identity a secret, especially with the risky roles she has been taking on lately, but the thrill of having the upper hand in an industry that shattered her keeps her moving forward.

Deciding that she’d read enough of the public’s responses to the media, Hyunjae returned to the set. She navigated through production members working on the finishing touches of the set and actors before reaching Woong. He was getting his makeup and hair readjusted for the umpteenth time.

”I would say good luck, but I know you don’t need it.”
She gave him a warm smile.
”I’ll be watching from the side if you need me.”

The manager and her client had already discussed the tabloids before reaching the set that morning. She wanted to impress Woong with how in control and up-to-date she was. Granted, the two had not made much progress in their relationship since she took on the role.

Once filming had started, Hyunjae slowly made her way to Seyoon’s side. If there was any way she was going to break down Woong’s walls, it would be through Seyoon.

”Ah, I can’t believe we’re already this far—or should I say that we’re only this far?”

attitude

fromis_9

리현재
(@honeyjae)

location.

film set

outfit.

interactions.

woong, seyoon

tags.

mood.

Extra smug.

✧sox x uxie✧

yoon chaeyeong

following

1.1m

followers

chaeyeong was pretty sure she got it all figured it out. it'd taken several pep talks with so many people and so, so many nights spent watching clips kyungjin had told her to learn from — to the point that her make-up artist had started complaining about her dark eye circles. but it had been worth it! she was alright, probably. far, so very far, from great, but passable. satisfactory.

maybe even good!

no, no, probably not. but maybe soon! maybe soon.

her first step onto set was a hop and a skip, whatever nerves that had stewed in her stomach almost immediately dashed by a fascination with the set. vastly different settings juxtaposed to one another — a cosy room next to the bleak white office lobby — and her head milled with possibilities of how everything was built up and designed. better yet, what she would've changed. it was bigger than she'd ever thought she'd get to witness firsthand, and she could just imagine how much cooler a different genre of drama would be.

her stylist was putting the finishing touches on her hair when chaeyeong finally regained her focus, a glance in the mirror pulling her back into her present role in a jolt. her reflection showed a foreign version of herself, hair pressed into an elegant curl and a shade she would've never chose herself dusted across her eyelids. it was her, and it wasn't her; it was eunji.

a giddying feeling swept through her; one that bordered on uneasy.

director park was a lot nicer than she'd heard. her voice, drifting from the intercom, sounded as pleasant and patient as chaeyeong could've asked for. regrettably, though, the nerves had found their way back into her stomach by now. her leg was practically begging to begin fidgeting, and it was every fibre of her being to keep it together at the moment.

"now, eunji sits on the couch in the lobby, waiting for the hiring manager to introduce her to her new boss." her fingers drummed against her clothed lap to an unheard song — something she'd heard on the radio this morning — no doubt doing her best to focus on the white noise-filtered instructions. "eager, nervous, a little wary— just enough to make her foot start tapping—"

as if on cue, her foot joined her fingers in their slow rhythm.

"and then bam!" she felt herself jolt, the slightest flush slipping onto her cheeks. a nervous smile crept onto her lips as she nodded along enthusiastically. "an office door slams open to reveal minho making his entrance!"

her eyes flitted to her co-star, her significantly more experienced and decorated senior, stood just nearby. she watched him adjust his suit jacket with what must be the most nonchalant air ever, not a trace of apprehension in his demeanour. this must be so normal for him — he was a really good actor.

she couldn't mess this up. she wouldn't!

"okay,"
she chirped, her gaze shifting to the intercom as if meeting director park's eye,
"i got it!"

today's mood

cheeze

윤채영
(@chaebbi.)

location.

film set

outfit.

interactions.

woong

tags.

mood.

nervy nervous!!

✧sox x uxie✧

park kyungjin

following

followers

“yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. that’s why they call it the present.”

or however the fuck the quote went.

well, for some the present might be a gift, but for kyungjin it was anything but. what he was witnessing now was nothing short of a nightmare. the crew had no idea what they were doing, and chaeyeong, through no fault of her own since she was pretty much thrown to the wolves here, looked like a fish out of water. or a deer in the headlights. whatever fit.

he heard director park start walking the mains through the scene for what felt like the thousandth time and started zoning out, only broken out of it all by a buzzing in his pocket. pulling his phone out, he saw it was his sister. excusing himself, kj exited the set.

“yes, mina?”
he greeted as soon as he was outside, switching to english without a second thought.

“have you seen what’s on KED?” questioned his little sister.

“well hello to you too,”
he grumbled before continuing,
“no, what’s it saying?”
he never kept up with media so of course he hadn’t seen it.

“it’s basically talking about everyone at your company,” mina explained, “but the part about you says ‘ex actor turned shark: park kyungjin out for blood?’"

it took kj a few moments to process the absurdity of that headline.
“i’m sorry— what?”

“‘ex actor turned shark: park—”

“yeah i heard you just fine but just. . . actor turned shark? out for blood? they couldn't think of anything else?”
though, thinking about it, being a shark wouldn’t be too bad. he could just swim away from all of the bullshit he was dealing with now and he could also take revenge on all the execs who wronged him by going chomp chomp. but no, that wasn’t who he was. nor was he out for anyone’s blood. yes he was, but wouldn’t physically spill any, would just prove himself.

“well, guess you better start calling me bruce, then,”
kyungjin continued with a snort, sending an apologetic look to a staff member who’d poked their head out at the commotion. he mouthed a quick sorry and then shouldered open a door, exiting the building entirely.

he could practically see his sister’s confusion at his statement.
“bruce, the shark in finding nemo. they called me a shark, didn’t they?”
he continued for clarification.

“wow you’re so funny.”

“anyways, i honestly am disappointed,”
he began, walking around the side of the building.
“wish they came up with something more creative than me being a shark out for blood.”

mina sighed on the other line. “you’re a buzzkill.”

“love you too.”

kj hung up on that and continued on with his walk. he headed up a set of stairs, about to open a door to go back inside when he noticed a figure below him. curious as to what hyunjae was doing, kj silently walked over to the edge of the stairs and peered down at her, gripping onto the railing.

given the brightness of her phone screen, he could see she was on twitter, could see nearly all of her feed. the more he read, the more his features contorted into that of confusion, discomfort and a bit of anger. no, he wasn’t angry at what it said about himself as he had truly been flopping, but rather what it said about his colleagues.

chaeyeong and byeol didn’t deserve those shitty rumors. eyes narrowing and leaning further over the rail, he read something about corndogs on the phone screen. thinking back, he vaguely remembered hearing seyoon mention corndogs as he approached his hyung the other day before berating him about hair. how and why were corndogs now in the tabloids? was there a mole amongst the staff?

kj watched her finger move and press the heart button, liking the post. his grip tightened on the railing. then her feed was onto woong. woong, the guy she managed. he read how the post talked shit about him, watched as she not only liked the tweet but also retweeted it. wow. manager of the fucking year right there. while he and woong were no longer close friends, he didn’t like watching his former friend get shit on.

having had enough, kyungjin pushed off the railing and opened the door silently, slipping back inside before she could notice him. after a pit stop in the restroom to splash some cold water onto his face, he returned to the set. woong, byeol and chaeyeong were being put in their places for the cameras to start rolling while seyoon was being hounded by hyunjae who had apparently finished liking shit tweets for now.

scowling, kj walked over to the snack table and grabbed a bag of lay’s crisps. after opening the bag, he walked up to the pair, popping one into his mouth as he came to a stop next to them.

”ah, i can’t believe we’re already this far—or should I say that we’re only this far?”

“mmm,”
he hummed, crunching on another crisp he’d just put in his mouth,
“maybe we’re only this far because all of the managers have been flopping lately,”
he peered down into the bag to check how many crisps were left. not many. fuck these bags for being mostly air.
“these crisps are bland and there’s not many in here. i could really go for something meaty, y’know? maybe a corndog.”
he didn’t even like corndogs.

he reached into the bag and grabbed the majority of the crisps that were left and shoved them into his mouth.
“i might not have been successful in korea as an actor and may be struggling as a manager,”
a pause as he continued to crunch,
“but at least i don’t like and retweet posts that are shitting on the person i’m managing. kind of bad for business, you know?”

kyungjin knew seyoon would be confused, but knew that hyunjae would understand. he swallowed the mouthful of crisps he’d just chewed and raised the bag up to his lips, pouring the remainder of the chips into his mouth. then he sent a half-assed, sarcastic smile to hyunjae and an apologetic ‘i’ll explain later’ look to seyoon before walking off in search of a rubbish bin and a napkin.

day off

sik-k & haon

박경진
(@kayjay_)

location.

somewhere on set idk

outfit.

interactions.

seyoon, hyunjae

mood.

i'm suing crisp companies

✧sox x uxie✧