• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chained to you [LullDayBreak13 and Ami the Breadling]

The golden ornaments displayed along the hallway. Servants busy serving the royal family, The Yamins. It was quite refreshing seeing that water is in the gardens of the castle and it is cool inside as well. I remember sneaking here alone. It was night and while everyone is sleeping and the I sneakily passed by the guards, I have my time in the garden. It was like my only favorite place in the castle. It has been like a year after my father sold me as a servant. I just can't believe that my father's business got bankrupt all of a sudden. Now we are in debt to this royal family. I, Yuna Nejem, who used to be a normal high school girl in Japan, am now a mere helpless servant. I sometimes want to hit my father in the head for his carelessness in his business.

I'm now in the kitchen, helping some of the servants prepare their dinner for tonight. The others seems to like me since I help a lot here. And it feels like home whenever I talk to the other servants and guards. "Oh Yuna, you know that me and my husband feel like two teenagers again because of our advice you told me the other day. It was like a magical night for us." Chiba said. Chiba was a young looking woman, but she is actually 43 years old already. She serves as the head chef here in the palace. "Oh no, you were having trouble with your husband and I couldn't help but cheer you on and help you, it was just right." I hugged her and she hugged back with a smile. "Anyway, how is the prince doing? Still acting spoiled I suppose?" she said and I rolled my eyes and just shrugg. "Well, I'm kinda used to it already Chiba, so no need to worry." I smiled at her before putting some garnishes on the dishes.

I was quite bored. I needed someone to talk to. So I called a servant. Also, I was hungry. The servants could combine both at a time.

"Yuna, you're being summoned again." a fellow servant called out and I looked at Chiba with a knowing look. "Okay, I'll be there." I said before patting Chiba on the back and I walk out of the kitchen and walk into the long hallways and then upstairs. I fix my hair and took a deep breathe and knocked on the door before entering his room. "Prince Mustafa, you called." I simply said and closed the door behind me and walk over to his side. Wondering what he needed this time. Maybe it might be something to entertain him. The prince always had this dignified look on his face that I just can't seem to take my eyes off, but maybe it just runs in his family. I shouldn't be swayed by his looks because I know his real personality is different. Waaaay different from what I expected when I first came here. I thought he would be the kind and honorable prince that everyone was talking about but his attitude was far from what I expected. Well, just like what the saying goes 'Expect the unexpected.'.

As Yuna entered, I was currently practicing my piano-playing. I smiled at her gently. "I am glad to see you. I felt really boring and among all the servants, I enjoy talking to you the most. Also, did you bring some food? I am really hungry." I stood up and sat at a table, giving her a sign to put the food down and sit as well. "How is your day going?", I asked, giving her an interested glance.

Yuna sighed and then clapped her hand in signal for the other servants to go inside and bring the food in and place it down for him to eat. "Prince Mustafa, aren't you supposed to be practicing sword fighting with your mentor right now, I'm sure he will get mad again if you don't show up." she said and poured some cool water in a cup for him to drink. She walks over next to him and offers the drink to him.

He took it, thankfully nodding towards her. "You are so cold towards me. What did I do to make you that mad at me?", he said, looking at her hurtly. "I thought I was always kind to you...But yes, I should. But that stuff is boring, I'm already better than my trainer and it looses the fun if you are sure to win. Would you like to take a seat as well?", he said, smiling at her again. He did not even act that. He really liked her for some reason. She was different from other servants, even though he had no clue why.

"Don't expect me to be nice to you all the time Prince Mustafa." she simply said and took a sit beside him but kept a distance from him. "And I'm not mad, I'm already used to you calling me out and there is a reason why there are mentors for you. To guide and help you. You should appreciate their hard work for you." Yuna looks at the window beside the bed, wondering what his mentor is doing right now. "I can imagine your mentor is all furious with you not showing up again." she added.

Mustafa rose, an expression of anger on his face. "Do you know what happened to the last servant that spoke so freely?" He walked to her, his face not changing. Then he laughed. "Nothing. There never was one. They all just bow and tell me how great and right I am. But you don't. That's why I call you out Yuna. Your honest to me, even though I am a prince and you a servant. I feel like I can really talk to you, if I want to hear an opinion. Like I wanted right now. Would you give me the pleasure to answer honestly?", he said, smiling at her. It was not usual that a prince asked a servant that kindly. And he knew that. He still did not care. He knew he tended to use people and he abused his charm to do so. But he had no such intention here. He was really asking.

"My opinion huh..." Yuna looked down and back at Mustafa. "Fine, I'll give you my opinion, but what are you gonna ask me anyway?" she asked and remembered her time when she had this spoiled face when she was a child. She used to order around servants but when she got older, she changed for the better and helped out people a lot and even treat them. It's like seeing herself past self whenever she looks at him.

"Do people hate me? I mean, I use them. Everybody knows. And I am good at that. Everybody knows that as well. Additionally, I am looking pretty decent, sorry to compliment my self here, and I am on a social position that is one of the highest. Now, and I really want an honest answer, does that make me a dork? Do people hate me because of that combination?", he asked. He looked her in the eyes. He expected her to laugh at him. Or lie at him. In true, he was afraid of her answer. But of course he would not let her know. She was a servant after all. He trusted her but he would never see her as on the same level.

Yuna looked at him seriously before closing her eyes. Thinking up of what to answer to him. The prince is loved by his country but judging how others are treated by him, they are actually hurt by him or even offended. "Honestly, I would say you are being too spoiled for your age, and especially since you are no longer a child, you should be able to do things for yourself and not boss other around so much. Sure there are servants to help you but don't treat them like they are just mere objects that you ca just throw them away, they are also human, they also have rights for themselves... you need to treat them equally." she said "But there are some good points in you as well, you can still improve your attitude towards them and they don't hate you to the point they want to kill you, they are just worried for your being. The good thing about you is that, you really know your way around people, you are gifted with talents that people would love to have, you have the knowledge as well...." she said and stands up and pats his head "...and your gentle sometimes without you even noticing.." she chuckled and sits back down.

LullDayBreak13 said:
Yuna looked at him seriously before closing her eyes. Thinking up of what to answer to him. The prince is loved by his country but judging how others are treated by him, they are actually hurt by him or even offended. "Honestly, I would say you are being too spoiled for your age, and especially since you are no longer a child, you should be able to do things for yourself and not boss other around so much. Sure there are servants to help you but don't treat them like they are just mere objects that you ca just throw them away, they are also human, they also have rights for themselves... you need to treat them equally." she said "But there are some good points in you as well, you can still improve your attitude towards them and they don't hate you to the point they want to kill you, they are just worried for your being. The good thing about you is that, you really know your way around people, you are gifted with talents that people would love to have, you have the knowledge as well...." she said and stands up and pats his head "...and your gentle sometimes without you even noticing.." she chuckled and sits back down.
"Really? Spoiled? Me? Hm." He thought for a bit. "I guess I could change that. I don't mean to make anyone mad at me you know? I just like to get what I want. But anyway, thank you for your honesty. I appreciate that. Do you want to eat something as well?"

"Oh no, these are for you your majesty, I'm fine eating with the other servants..." she said and stands up "Is this all you want to talk about Prince Mustafa? If it is, I'll be excusing myself now." she said and pats his shoulder "I know you can improve your majesty, if it's you, you can definitely do it." she said and gently pats his cheek and walks pass him and was headed to the door.

As he felt her hand on his cheek, he shortly closed his eyes. Then he realized what just happened. 'She's only a servant, don't be dump now Mustafa.', he thought to himself. He began to eat and thought about what she said. Then, he went to his history lesson. He was highly interested in history so he always enjoyed those. But this time, he wasn't concentrated at all. Something clouded his mind.

When Yuna walked out of his room, she sees some servants looking at her and she wondered why. "I-is there something wrong?" she asked as the girls shakes their heads and was about to go back to the kitchen when she was asked by the head maid to go and bring back these newly brought books to the library. She nodded and receives the book from her and puts it on the cart and goes to the library.

After his lesson finished, he went to the library. He wanted to read one of his favourite books. On the way he saw Yuna. He went to her, smiled at her and said "Hey Yuna. Long time no see. What are you currently doing?"

Yuna sees Mustafa heading her way and answered. "These are the newly ordered books, the head maid told me to put these in order in every section of the library." she said and opens the door to the library and pushes the cart in. The library was one of the amazing places here in the palace. It wasn't just any ordinary library, it's like a sanctuary for books. It was a fountain of knowledge. She picks up a book from the cart and it was a fiction one, so she had to go to the fiction isle for this one.

"May I help you? I am already curious what new books we have so that would be great for me to see at least some.", he said, continuously smiling at her. Before she could answer, he took a book out of the cart, a romance, and went to put it to its place.

She was gonna decline his help but then he already helped out and he even asked politely to her, how can she complain about something like that. "Thank you Prince Mustafa.." she said and takes out five books and held it in her arms. "I guess it's better if you help out.." she said and sees that there were a lot of new books that has stories about romance, she smiled secretly while looking at the cover. It was obvious she was excited to read some, if she ever has free time.

As he returned, he saw her carry five books at once. She smiled, she seemed to like books like these. "Do you like romances? I love them. Romance and fantasy are my favourite book type. What about you?" He noticed, that being kind to servants wasn't that bad. She seemed happier than she usually did when being around him.

She turned and smiled at him and said "I really love romance stories, especially when things get tricky for the heroine and her lover, it's too boring if it just ended up with happy ever after without a challenge, right?" she said and puts the books in their rightful shelves. Yuna had this radiant smile on her face as she closes her eyes and imagines the romance, the fighting scene and some bed scenes that she has read from the past books she used to read. "Watching is fine but reading books is even better since you can imagine them however you want them to be, falling in love like one of those characters, I sometime imagine I'm the heroine and I get to fight for love like them." she noticed she was talking too much and coughed as an excuse "I mean.. yeah, I love books..." she said and goes back to the cart to get some more books to put into the shelves.

He heard her and nodded. "Yes, sometimes I also wish I was a adventurer like the heroes in the books. But if you like romances, I can give you a few suggestions. I read nearly every romance we have in this library.", he said and smiled at her, while he took some books and put them where they belonged.

"Huh? Oh no no no, I'm it's fine your majesty, I merely have the time to read books, it's rare for me to have some free time for myself since I'm busy with work, but thank you for the offer anyway." Yuna said and was was about to finish working on reorganizing these books. After finally putting the last set of books in the shelves, she turns around to thank Mustafa for helping her. "Thank you for helping me out your majesty." she said with a polite smile.

She tilted his head a little. "We have so many servants, how come you don't have free time? Seems to be a organisational problem, I will go ahead and fix that I think. I am sure that bothered a lot of you for a long time did it not?", he asked, smiling at her kindly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back