Centigor| Ellic Kayar

Warb

Species
--------------------------
Name: Centigor

Appearance:

latest

Centigors are a relative of the surface dwelling centaurs adapted to life underground. They are stockier then their surface dwelling kin, with eyes accustomed to dim light and claws instead of hooves, that easily climb the rugged stone of the dungeon.

Habitat: Centigors stick to the biggest caverns, with the most wide open areas. These places allow them to most easily use their mobility advantages, though they do not stay in one place for long as theirs is a nomadic society.

Description: Centigors are the subterranean descendants of centaur criminals exiled to the dungeon. In the countless years since the original exile the Centigors have evolved to suit their new life style. Centigors live in nomadic tribes of a few hundred that travel the largest tribes. They are a violent people, who will constantly war with other nearby people and even other Centigor tribes. This prevents the Centigor people from unifying in any large scale manner, apart from one noticeable exception.

The Centigors follow an offshoot of the original Centaur religion, the Way of Wind, Grass, and Sun, known as the Path of Rock, Steel, and Blood. While the Way worships relatively benevolent spirits, the Path worships much harsher deities. This is not to say that the Spirits of Rock, Steel, and Blood are not fond of their worshippers. They simply believe that the best thing for the Centigors is to send hardships at them, that they are forced to grow strong to survive them. Those that survive and grow strong are rewarded by the spirits with boons.

Tah'shalok, great spirit of blood is known to grant the way of blood magic to his favored, which holds the secrets of both death and healing. After all, blood is both the essence of life and death. Grok'na, great spirit of rock, has been seen to gift his favored with skin like the strongest stone and the strength of the mightiest boulder. Hak'ta , great spirit of steel, sometimes gifts the secret of advanced metallurgy and sometimes even golem making. These are only some of the gifts that the great spirits have given, as there are tales of lesser and greater boons given.

Those who are gifted with boons are usually great chieftains of Centigor tribes. Those who are not are great heroes, that will almost certainly soon become chieftains. The exceptions are the religious leaders of the Centigor, known as Rockspeakers, Bloodspeakers, and Steelspeakers, depending on the great spirit they converse with. These speakers are the few Centigor that are chosen to directly speak with a great spirit. Because of this it is ABSOLUTELY FORBIDDEN to kill a speaker and everyone, from the lowest Centigor, to the greatest Chieftain heeds their counsel. These speakers carry the oral tradition of the Centigors, tales passed down from the last speaker to the next. At any time there is only one Centigor that speaks to all great spirits, sometimes there is none if there are no worthy individuals. This position is known as the Pathfinder and to be it is to be the greatest of all Centigor, for to become a Pathfinder a Centigor must complete a feat or feats so great that the great spirits consider them equals. All Centigor offer a Pathfinder the highest respect and it is said that when they die they are drawn into the spirit world by the great spirits, to advise them forevermore.

The greatest of all Pathfinders is Kha'bhan the Horse Breaker. Kha'bhan is the only Centigor to ever unite all of the tribes together. He led the Horde of a Million hooves out of the dungeon for the first time in millennia in a holy war of vengeance. First the Horde of a Million hooves fell upon the centaur clans and exterminated so many centaur that even now they are a race on the brink of extinction. Next the Centigor attacked the nearby dwarf clan, razing many dwarf holds to the ground and even stealing the secrets of brewing dwarven ale. Next Kha'bhan's eyes fell upon the warring kingdoms of the humans. However the humans had heard of the fates of the dwarves and had drawn together an army of all kingdoms, lead by Sir Glavius the Mule Kicker. This great force clashed at Blackice pass, between the Knife's Wedge mountains. 

Though the Centigors were ferocious fighters, they had grown reliant on having superior numbers. When matched against a force of near equal strength, the human's superior armaments and discipline carried the day, beating out the ferocious Centigors. Eventually the Horde of a Million Hooves were beaten back and Sir Glavius narrowly beat Kga'bhannin single combat. However the Horse Breaker would have the last laugh, as on his death bed he called out to the great spirits to not let it end like this, to let him leave a scar upon the blighted human's lands forever. 

They answered.

Stone and Iron rose from the earth, mixing together beneath Kha'bhan the Horse Breaker, forming a great pillar that rose higher to bear him into the heavens. From Centigor and Human, living and Dead, blood rose up and merged with the pillar, etching canals filled with blood like veins into the stone and iron. Defiant against gravity, the blood remained in these canals and flowed ever upwards, as if following Kha'bhan. This would be known as Kha'bhan's Spite, a pillar of Rock, Blood, and Steel reaching ever higher and higher. It has become a holy place for the Centigors, for it is rumored that at the top of the pillar lies a way into the spirit world. After the death of Kha'bhan the Horde of a Million hoofs fractured into tribes again and the Centigor returned to the dungeon, leaving a trail of fire and death behind them. 

The different stages of a Centigor's lives are referred to by their own names. Newborns are known as No-Horns, as they are born without horns. Younglings are known as Half-Horns due to their horns being in the process of growing in. Adults are called Full-Horns due to them having finished growing and their horns having fully grown in. Elders are known as Old-Horns, for obvious reasons. Those who are exiled are known as Broken-Horns, as the worst punishment for a Centigor is to have their horns broken. This is because a lot of a Centigor's status has to do with their horns. Centigors that are insane or in some way diseased are known as Crooked-Horns.

Strength:

-Centigors are very strong, possessed of much greater strength then humans and such creatures. 

-Centigors are also very fast, basically their entire race acting as cavalry.

-The claws that Centigors have evolved allow them to easily traverse most terrain.

-A Centigor that is granted a boon by a great spirit possesses powerful magic and/or supernatural powers.

Weakness:

-Though Centigors are more intelligent then most creatures of the dungeon, they are in general not very intelligent. They posses no advanced technology, their weapons and tools being very crude. 

-Centigors are a belligerent race that is prone to fighting anything and anyone, even when they shouldn't. They are absolutely incapable of diplomacy, unless united under a single Centigor Warlord.

-Due to their gods seeking to strengthen the Centigor race through the crucible of disaster, Centigor tribes could be said to have "bad fortune." They commonly encounter extremely dangerous creatures, natural disasters, and even more disasters befall the Centigor Tribes.

Player Character
---------------------------
Name: Ellic Kayar, Windspeaker of the Kurgans

Growth Stage: Full-Horn

Appearance:

Current Form:

latest

Form in his past life:

uMU7l7a.jpg

Strength:

-Eliic still remembers how to speak to spirits from his past life. 

-Retains much of his past life, such as how to use a bow, how to tame a horse, how to make bows and arrows. 

Weakness:

-Though Ellic is used to communing with the spirits, the spirits of the Centigor are a much harsher sort. He must tread carefully.

History: In his past life Ellic was a member of the Kurgan, one of the human tribes of the steppes. He was a Windspeaker, one who communes with Tac'haka, Great spirit of Wind. The Kurgan and other tribes of the steppes followed the religion of the centaurs, the Way of Wind, Grass, and Sun, the only lasting legacy of the now dead race. Ellic was taught the way to commune with Tac'haka from the previous Windspeaker and became the spiritual leader of his tribe. He also was taught how to ride a horse and how to shoot a bow from a young age, as all Kurgan are. He would participate in many raids of the Imperialistic Elvish empire before dying of old age. Now Ellic is reborn as a Centigor, retaining much of his spiritual knowledge, though he knows not how he knows these things. Strangely he finds that he has a great disdain for "elves," though he isn't exactly sure what those are...

Supertastic, stereotypical. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sick history, dude. This can go well in a D&D session, even.

One thing to note, you can't have an intact memory of your previous life but can retain your knowledge and intelligence, as long as they're not pertaining to your identity. So the abilities regarding a kurgan is fine, but no total rejection to the centigor's way. At best you just feel something is wrong or annoyed you.

Other than that, the concept itself is accepted.

Ah I see, I misunderstood how the reincarnation worked. Thanks for the compliments on the history, I basically hammered it out while I was stuck in traffic :D

Please edit it later and when I accepted you, you'll see that your title has changed -now you can reply in the IC! ...whenever I finally started it because it's still locked and I kinda forgot where I put the key and so err I'm sorry?

Also regarding the spirit, can the power granted by them be considered as Magic? One more also, I'd prefer to categorize the spirits as "lesser gods" in the grand configuration of everything, that is they are a concept which grant power to the dominion that worship them, but their effect can't influence other races or dominions. At best they can only empower their worshiper to a certain degree. This would prevent for example the spirit of Steel to change the behavior of our other party members. Basically I just want to prevent a precedence for god-modding lol. But as long as the spirit's effect only happen to your characters and their activities, it's fine.

Yeah it can be considered magic, some of it at least. To quote myself, 

ah'shalok, great spirit of blood is known to grant the way of blood magic to his favored

Hak'ta , great spirit of steel, sometimes gifts the secret of advanced metallurgy and sometimes even golem making

These in the Tah'shalok example that's literally him gifting the secrets of how to perform magic. Golem making is basically an advanced form of enchanting. Yes the spirits would only effect my characters. 

Also I did a small edit, to remove his knowledge of his past life. Is he good now or does he need some more editing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back