• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Celestial Knights

Allyator

*hiatus*
You have been chosen by a Goddess from the world of Lumina to become a Celestial Knight and protect the land from evil. The current bad guy threatening the peace is a being called The Void. He is slowly absorbing the entire world inside of his body in order to become more powerful. This process leaves nothing but darkness in his wake.

Basically, the idea is that you join a magical girl group in a fantasy land. You get cool powers such as flight, weapon-summoning, immortality, and control over an element. Your powers are concentrated inside of a jewel that you can wear in any way you like: a pendant, ring, tiara, etc. If this jewel is destroyed, you lose your powers and return to your old life.

The story starts off after you have accepted an offer of becoming a celestial knight. You gain your jewel, transform into a cool new outfit, and get teleported to a spirit temple in the land of Lumina where you gather with your fellow knights to start your adventure.

• There will be ten elements to chose from: water, fire, earth, air, energy, metal, spirit, void, light, and dark. There can only be one character per element.

• Depending on how many people are interested will determine whether or not you can play as one or multiple characters. The amount of interest will also determine if it will be first-come first-served or not.
  • Your character can be from Earth or from the fantasy land of Lumina.

• It's a magical girl story but non-binary characters are welcome.
  • Romance is welcomed just not any sexy stuff.
  • Swearing and violence is okay just don’t take it overboard. I don’t want this rp to be too dark.
  • You can make your posts as long as you like but the minimum is one paragraph (5 sentences).
  • Let me know if you have any questions!

I know what you said about 'first come first served', and whether or not that will be the case.

But ahead of time let me say, I'd prefer Void, Spirit, or Dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmmm, interesting. Though I reallllly can't put up with normal female shit (despite being one) I'll give it a go. I would have Void if possible.

Glad to see the interest! And if you guys really want to make a male character, I don't mind. Just let me know.

What exactly is the reason for having only one character per element? It sounds to me like this will result in people being forced to pick elements they have no idea how to play, and thus reducing the fun of their experience.

I would like to take Air, if that's fine with you.

SkippyGranola said:
What exactly is the reason for having only one character per element? It sounds to me like this will result in people being forced to pick elements they have no idea how to play, and thus reducing the fun of their experience.
I would like to take Air, if that's fine with you.
Well, it's mostly to fit in with the plot I made. It's not similar to the benders in Avatar: The last air bender. Each element is special and unique. The characters that are able to control an element are seen as demi-gods of sorts. I tried to make a large list of elements for people to chose from but if someone is unable to get the element they want then it is out of my control.

When I start the main tread, I'll let people make a character who isn't an elemental. Regular magic still exist in this world although it's not as powerful. I'll also write descriptions for the different elements so that people will have an idea on how to play it,

Ixacise said:
So what's the difference between spirit and energy?
In this case, energy is the power over electricity such as lightning and static.

Allyator said:
I tried to make a large list of elements for people to chose from but if someone is unable to get the element they want then it is out of my control.
But... it is under your control. You can make it so that there are multiple demi-gods per element. You can tell players picking the same element to focus on different themes and aspects of the element. Is it worth keeping a minor sense of uniqueness if every player who picks an element and then bails drastically reduces the possible player count? I'm not going to disparage your writing skills, but this site has a pretty bad problem with people expressing interest for a game and just dropping it, and games with very specific and very set roles are very susceptible to this happening.

SkippyGranola said:
But... it is under your control. You can make it so that there are multiple demi-gods per element. You can tell players picking the same element to focus on different themes and aspects of the element. Is it worth keeping a minor sense of uniqueness if every player who picks an element and then bails drastically reduces the possible player count? I'm not going to disparage your writing skills, but this site has a pretty bad problem with people expressing interest for a game and just dropping it, and games with very specific and very set roles are very susceptible to this happening.
hmm... You do have a point. I'm new to this site so I'm not 100% sure how these things go about. But, I like the idea of letting people be free to be whatever they want and I am flexible with the story, especially since I haven't even started it yet. I'll probably go with that idea. Thank you for the suggestion!

Ixacise said:
And spirit is?
Also I'm thinking of energy if you just broaden it to plasma
Spirit would be like having psychic powers and control over life force. I'm flexible on how people interpret an element. Also, plasma sounds really cool!

I'm interested. I'm fairly flexible so I'll take whatever element is left over. I don't have a problem with not being a Celestial Knight either.

I'm really interested! I'd prefer AIR, DARK, or EARTH, but I'll take whatever's left over! If there is anything left over xD If there isn't, I'm fine with making a normal character!

This is what I have for reservations at the moment. So if anyone wants to clarify what they want to be, now would be a good time. Don’t feel down if the element you want to be is taken! In the end, there will be more than one person per element although there will probably still be a limit.

(Edited 2)

Earth:

Fire: (RedLikeRoses)

Water: (Kyzaba)

Air: (SkippyGranola)

Energy: (Ixacise?)

Metal: (Duwang)

Spirit:

Void: (StoneWolf18)

Light: (Blackrose7)

Dark: (TheGossipLink)