Cave Story: War of the Past

Peppermint Patty

Patty of Peppermint
<p>

This is a time before that of the Doctor. Before any of which you remember from the game. King is just a child. Arthur rules and protects the Mimiga Village. We do not know an awful lot about what has happened yet- yet we can learn of it from a book that has been found a little ways away from the Village... Based on what's written, we can assume it's part of a journal from someone who has never been here before now. It reads...
Day 1: I've crashed my ship. This place seems to be some kind of... Floating hunk of rock. I would even go as far as to call it an asteroid, if only it didn't have others living on it. Looking from the edge, I can assume that this is separate from the planet itself below it. My ship seems beyond repair- luckily, the air isn't toxic here. Maybe I could search through the insides of the caves that span this place for some tools to make a new ship? It seems it'll take forever, but it's better than doing nothing at all... Day 4: Well, I take back my old plan- the first thing that happened when I entered the cave was nowhere near what I had expected. I was immediately attacked by all sorts of creatures- the likes of which I'd never seen before. They quickly overwhelmed me, for I had nothing to fight back with. Trying to find cover, I ran to a crevice in one of the walls, thinking it was just a small crawlspace... But it wasn't anything like that. No, it was a <em>hole</em>. I fell down for minutes, through the seemingly infinite expanse of darkness, before finally hitting my head on the ground. That's when I blacked out- but not before seeing two white entities walk towards me... I finally woke up today- apparently, it's been two days since I was out. The ones who treated my wounds were these small, white, furry creatures, who call themselves the "Mimiga". The one who helped treating me is a nice one, slightly larger than the others, who says his name is "Mahin". When the village got word that I had woken up today, their leader came to introduce himself. His name was "Arthur". Though seemingly friendly, he told me that, unless I was planning on leaving already, I would have to leave their village soon, so as not to raise the suspicions of someone named "Halder". According to Arthur, Halder is a being stronger than them- for he is in possession of something they call the "Demon Crown". I know nothing about this, but that's alright- I plan on making my way back soon enough... Day 6: While I was resting in a makeshift hut of mine (I built it two days ago) last night, there apparently was quite a panic throughout the village. Someone named "Misery" had shown up, demanding for the town to give their weekly sacrifice to Halder (who I assume is her master-). The village had nothing, and so she took one of their numbers away in exchange for this "crime". And this morning, Arthur told me I needed to leave soon- apparently, if Misery had seen me that last night, her master would have deployed some robots to attack the village. I wouldn't want that to happen... But every time I try to leave, I get attacked. I don't know what to do... I wish someone would help... And I had never crashed on this wretched rock...

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back