• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Cat's Crossing

Main
Here

Parrot Parfait

A dude eclectus parrot
Roleplay Type(s)
1614317350480.png1614317372063.png

I'm a bit disheveled, but I'm ready to receive my next visitor, whoever they may be. Though, sadly, I hadn't the time to make food, only a drink. Well, time doesn't wait for me. The door is now set!

A small lizard bot walk along the lines of apartment, her large, red eyes scanning each door she passes. None seemed to be anywhere interesting for her, all look the same with the same shade of dark oak. All but one that she caught glimpse from rows ahead. It was nothing simple but a white door which was a little odd considering it stuck out like a sore thumb, maybe she oughta find out.

The little bot slightly picks up her pace to reach to her destination. She then stares at the white door before looking down to the mat that said “Welcome.”

She tilted her head before gently knocking on the door.

"I'll be with you in a moment," I call out as I walk towards the door. When I open the door, I'm a bit confused as to where the guest is before looking down to see a reptile-like robot at the door. "Ah, uh, you must be the guest." I scratch my head a bit, "If I am to be frank, you're the first robot I've encountered so far, and a peculiar one at that."

A ridiculously huge grin spread across her smile as her eyes shine to be his first robot encounter. “I’m glad to be your first experience” She said proudly, staring at him like some sort of puppy. “May I come inside?” She said straight away, slightly tilting her head to the side to see a peak of the inside.

"No problem," I answer as I open the door wider and step aside, revealing the rest of the room and the cityscape beyond the wide windows at the end of the apartment. "I'm curious," I ask as I welcome the little robot in, "were you aware that I'd be receiving you for today?"

She immediately barges in as soon as you step aside, running towards the window to smush her whole face on the window, her jaw dropping in awe as she took how beautiful the view was looking out to the tall cityscape. She took a moment before answering your question.

“Not really.” Her face still smushed to the window, “But I could feel deep down that this place was calling out for me.” She pull her face away before exploring the apartment seconds then like a curious cat.

"Hmm, interesting," I respond as I close the door and walk towards the kitchenette area. "You must like that cityscape. It's actually a city in a country where my parents were born. Though, I haven't actually been there yet." I lean back onto the counter pausing for a moment to think about what I might have forgotten, and then the question comes to me. "You must be wondering what this place is, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask them if you'd like. Ah, also, are you capable of drinking beverages?"

She hops on the bed and bounces on it for the quick giggles before jumping off into the couch and landing on the pillow. “Huh, what is this place exactly? The way you’re describing it is if it’s in some other kind of realm.” She rest her head on her palm. “And I can also drink beverages.”

"Well, it's almost like an interdimensional space that allows me to safely converse with persons across the multi-verse. Also, you can think of me almost like a traveler striking random conversations with strangers just for the fun of it," I give a light smile. "You seem like a spry one, aren't you, and if I may ask, what are you exactly?" I tilt my head a little bit in wonderment.

She swift her head to him as you mentioned about the truth of this apartment, she even knocked her head to see if her hearing sensors were bugging out, but they were perfectly functioning. Eager to prove it, she went up to you and starts poking your arm repeatedly, staring as if she was waiting for it to change. “Can you shapeshift then? Can you? Oh, can you turn your arm into a lobster claw then??” She pleaded.

while she was busying seeing if your arm would change, she answered your other question. “Well, I’m not exactly sure what my real purposes is, but I identify myself as an explorer bot! Traveling around the world to discover new people and things.” Her eyes still locked at your arm.

I give a soft smile at her question. "It's possible, but I will not on principle. However, I will do this." I raise a hand up towards the center of the room where a small tree of bright, yellow leaves begins to grow, creaking and twisting as the dark oak and its autumn colors begin to fill the top of the apartment. When I'm satisfied with it's height, I shift my hand a bit, causing two branches to sprout out near the base, forming small little yellow beds where one could sit on. "I hope that is perhaps enough for you," I say as I sit down onto one of the fluffy branches of the tree. "Take a seat," I say as I stretch out my hand towards the other seat, "and as you do, tell me about your world and what it is like. Considering you're a robot, I presume that it's technologically advanced on the other side?"

Her hand slowly drops to her side as her mouth was wild open in shock and her eyes widen with surprise of the tree sprouting out of the floor to create such beautiful image. A long squeal came out of her wide energetic smile as her hands shake in excitement.

She immediately ran up to the tree, climbing all the way to the top with ease and rustling through leaves while balancing on the many branches to explore on. It took a while before Marigold was finished exploring every inch of the tree’s shades before dropping down on the bed, leaves and twigs stick out of her hair.

“Well in my world, robots are common any place you go to in the world. And super advanced too!” She pull off some of the leaves and twigs as she speaks, “But robots aren’t really allowed to be sentient due to a lot of fear and laws which I think are boggling. Humans try everything they can to prevent us being sentient like doing wipeouts every week and doing a lot of coding... buuuuttt it still happens wether intentionally or not.” She sighed, pulling out the last patches of twigs and leaves.

"Hmm... Your world kinda reminds me of an animated spinoff that goes into the lore of a popular series in my world. I believe the first episode is about a time when people of my world have the capability of making beings such as yourself. However, because we've given robots cognitive awareness and had not developed our ethical basis, the relations between humans and robots begin to worsen, leading to the domination of mankind. I believed the series was called the Animatrix. Though, if I am to be honest, I haven't watched the entire series or the episode that I was talking about." I take a look at the little robot before me. "How are biological beings like in your world, if I may ask?"

“Oh, there’s plenty of movies and TV shows that fits your description in my world! People always eat them up.” She noted.

“Well in my world, humans hasn’t change much in appearance. But they created so many fantastic things over the years like being able to go into somebody’s dream, freezing yourself for years, and even created and domesticated some species! Like recreating the extinct Quetzalcoatlus with a chicken and modifying it. It’s basically just live stock and a pet bird nowadays.”

"Interesting," I say with an awkward smile, "I can't exactly say that's an ideal future for me." I shuffle the leaf bed a bit to recline before continuing. "For me, being able to do a lot of things isn't much better if I'm to be honest. It's great and all to have advancement such as those, but I feel as if the core of humanity's problems aren't being addressed." I give a slight sigh. "Though, I don't have enough experience nor wisdom to truly give opinions on such matters, but if I were to give my two cents on the issue, it's that we humans are slowly drifting apart and are being separated by the technology that is supposed to make our lives better. Though, that could just be my perception, if I may repeat." I pause for a moment before standing up and walking to the counter. "You able to drink tea? I could make you some as well if you'd like."

She nodded at you explained your opinion on the matter, agreeing with you along the way. “Perhaps that’s the harsh truth for my world. But I do think they do realize that, but I believe they prefer to ignore the matter. People rather entertain and ignore the real problem instead of facing the problem that is causing damage. I mean, I could tell you from experience.” She said. “Tea sounds great right now!” She grinned.

I give an approving nod as get a kettle from one of the cupboards. "I can't really say that I'm completely innocent either," I say as I pour in water and place the kettle over the stove flame. "I, in exchange for another's suffering, choose a life of comfort rather than a life of serving others. I am rather envious of those who have the guts go on mission trips, not the flabby kind where students go on to pad out their applications, but the ones where you sacrifice your own desires so that you can give hope and structure to those who really need it. That's what really warms my heart. Though, it seems like I have a different path laid out for me, one, I hope, that will be more in service to others." I cross my arms for a bit before looking back up. "Ah, I was a bit soap box-ey back there for a moment, wasn't I?" I prepare for the awkward silence that might come after my mini-speech.

There was definitely a moment of silence after his speech, but not in a awkward way but in a surprise way. “Are you saying you made some sort of deal to the devil to be granted with some god-like powers??” She asked, tilting her head as her head rises up a bit. “If so, can you sprout out little devil horns or even a pointy tail?” She chuckled, waiting to see if he really does have one.

“And who was it you exchanged to suffer for possibly all eternity? A stranger? A past lover? A relative who you grow to hate and chose to trade their will in favor of yours???”

I look a bit surprised for a moment and laugh at the positively silly question. "I haven't made a devilish pact with any dark god or anything like that. If I am to be honest, my world is filled with people like me. We're able to observe, talk, and do all sorts of things across the multiverse. However, we're limited in power over what we can do in our own world, and considering how individuals act in my world and the darker forces that peg them on, I'd say that being limited in what we can do is for the better." I pause for a moment, "Say this tree for instance," I say spread my arms around, "I wouldn't be able to grow it in an instant like this in my own world. Nor would anyone of my kind the same, well, at least not in the usual circumstances."

“Well, you still made some unsettling intentions that you’ve traded some value thing in order to get that kind of power!” She spread her arms in belief and exaggeration. “So what did you do? Did you made a deal with some kind of dealer? A drug dealer that makes you more stronger?!” She held her hands together looking at him as she could barely hold her patience at what answer will be revealed.

“Do people question how more powerful you are?! Or maybe you have some kind of super duper rare ability that was passed down by your ancestors?!”

I put on a slightly annoyed look on my face when she continues to press the matter. "Anyone in my world can do the type of thing I'm doing right now. Some do what I do and merely talk with people across the multiverse, others are less kind and directly intervene in another universe, and a majority don't bother with these powers as we can never bring back anything from our travels except for our memories. Beyond my own world, we are powerful, but in our own world, we are but just humans, plain old human," What I tell is actually a lie, but telling the truth would be... unfavorable. "Does that answer your questions?"

She squinted her eyes at him with a confused look as he explained with a annoyed tone, tilting her head slightly with a "huh?" Now he wasn't making sense. First he was saying he made someone suffer to gain these powers and next thing he's doing is explaining how anyone can just do it?? It wasn't adding up for her and she wasn't having any of it.

"Wait hold on! That doesn't line up with what you said before! Are you lying to me?!" She huffed as she crossed her arms, glaring at him for possibly thinking he could lied to her!

Oh dear, this has taken... an interesting turn to say the least. I give a defeated sigh as I sink lower into the leaf bed. "No, I'm not," I say, using the room's powers to hide the fact that indeed I am lying, "When I said 'in exchange for another's suffering,' I did not mean it literally but figuratively in a sense. I am here living in basically luxury when someone else on the other side of my planet is dying of starvation and poverty. My world is not as technologically advanced as your world to whisk away our problems through machinery nor are we ethically and socially advanced enough to work together to solve those problems in an efficient way. We have countries of varying economic and social power. I just happened to be in a good country where I have the time and luxury to go dimension hopping. Additionally, we cannot use our multiverse powers in our own world for various reasons and another that I'm not willing to explain. Oh, also, this is not my body but a mere conduit to which I can speak with you. I cannot sustain myself through this body nor can anyone else feed themselves through the proxies they create in other multiverses. Hence the reason why some people don't both with dimension hopping since it doesn't keep them alive." I rest my face upon my hand. "Does that clarify your confusion?"

Althought she had her doubts she was still open on hearing on his argument whether she truly believes it or not. In the end which he was finished, silence filled the atmosphere as her doubtful glare still lingers on. As if she was deciding to accept it or not. It only took a few moments before she finally responds. "I guess that makes sense.." She mumbled, gently resting her cheek on her face. "Alright, I guess that does cure my confusion.." She said before swiftly leaning herself on the arm of the bed branch to stare directly at him. " But I'm still suspious! So I got my eye on you!" She made a gesture pointing her fingers at her eyes before pointing them at him till she finally lay back on her bed with arms crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back