Casual Match: Fermata (Guildless)/Cliff (Quatro Cerberus) vs Piper (Guildless)/Light (Lamia Scale)

Hales

Team Skittles Timekeeper

This will be a tag-team battle!

Team 1: Fermata Clef and Cliff Gallagher

Team 2: Light Ethereal and Piper Alyss (Ethereal)

Basic Rules:

1. The match will be the first team to 10 winning attack rolls.

2. When attack and defense rolls match, the tie goes to the defender.

3. A teammate may forfeit their attack to give a +4 bonus to their partner in defense.

4. A teammate may forfeit their defense to give a +4 bonus to their partner's attack (basically creating a unison raid.)

5. A roll of 20 is an automatic success and a roll of 1 is an automatic fail.

Character Based Rules

1. Piper's speech magic may be resisted with a roll of 12 or higher (no modifiers are added to this roll).

2. Every turn, Cliff makes a roll for his impact on the temperature.

a. The temperature starts at 50 degrees Fahrenheit.

b. Each turn, Cliff rolls a d10 to determine how much the temperature drops in the arena.

Character Modifiers

Fermata Cleff (A-Rank): +3

Cliff Gallagher (C-Rank): 0

Light Ethereal (A-Rank): +3

Piper Alyss (D-Rank): -1

Let this match of sheer awesomeness between @Hales and @sonicfreak101 BEGIN!

Light Ethereal / Piper Alyss

On one point, Light was determined. He had to learn how to fight with Piper on his team and she had to learn how to work with him well enough for it to stop being a problem. He couldn’t continue to avoid her without feeling bad about it. It was for that exact reason that he had smacked her across the head forcing her unconscious; he now carried her like a sack of potatoes on his shoulder which was quite awkward because she was taller than he was so it didn’t quite work as well as he initially planned. She would panic when she woke up, of course because Kyla wasn’t with them, but he had already seen to that. The child was having a playdate with Libby, his own guildmate who loved to play. He wondered how odd it looked to the spectators when he walked into the arena with his “partner” draped over his shoulder.

The crowd’s cheers awoke the woman on his shoulder and she quickly realized who was carrying her, leading her to kick her foot forward hard so that it smashed into his face. “Let. Me. Go.” She sneered.

Light could sense the magic in her voice - he had grown accustomed to its presence although resisting it was a whole other problem, not that he particularly wanted to resist with this particular request. Light proceeded to drop her on the floor. Lucky for her, today was a day she had chosen to wear more practical clothes - a skirt with shorts woven into it underneath and a blouse. Light still wouldn’t refer to it as fighting apparel, but it was better than her normal dresses.

Piper scoffed as she landed on her stomach although she quickly got to her feet and brushed herself off and took in their surroundings. They were in the Fiore Arena and crowds were cheering as they eagerly awaited the event. Piper’s head whipped around to see what the event might be - it took her a moment to realize that herself and Light, they were the event, or at least they were part of it. Turning back to Light, she pulled her saxe knife. “I could gladly kill you for this, you know.”

“Go ahead,” Light retorted as he gestured to the other entrance. “Then you can fight our opponents all by yourself. I’m sure you’d love that although I don’t think they’d have any difficulties beating you… sorry, but your not as great as you think you are.”

Piper had had it. She stepped closer to her half-brother and placed her dagger at his throat. “I’m strong enough to kill you!” she spat.

“I’m not resisting you, though.” Light turned his head with the slightest of smiles on his face. “Just fight with me for once instead of against me, please Piper. You might find that we make a good team.”

“Puh-lease!” Piper almost laughed at the thought of it. Her head looked down to her side in an almost instinctive gesture and then a panic rose on her face. Her eyes turned back to Light as the pressure with which she held her dagger to his throat grew ever so slightly. “Where is Kyla? She could destroy an entire city without me by her side!!”

Light smiled. “Already taken care of. She’s playing with Libby. No one can get angry when they’re with that child. Who knows? Maybe Libby will convince Kyla to join Lamia Scale; we’d love to have her.”

“Don’t you dare,” Piper warned, her voice firm and no longer panicked.

Finally, Piper’s eyes turned to the other side of the arena. It had been a while since she had fought someone for sport and she was honestly curious as to who had agreed to fight the bickering sibling pair which she found herself to be a part of. Internally, she conceded that she would have to fight with Light, but that didn’t mean she had to enjoy it.

@sonicfreak101 (You can attack in your next post. I just wanted to write an intro but the fight can start with you if you want.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back