Caste Book Zenith

Thorn Darkblade

I know lots of things. Lots of things...
Hey, does anyone know where I can find a cheap copy of Caste Book Zenith?? Been seaching online for quite some time and either it's well over my price range, or impossible to find. It's all I'm missing from the first edition books...so close...so very close...

Hrm, perhaps White Wolf online? It's the only I can think of aside Amazon. Perhaps you could make a run to a local bookshop and just order it. They're only like $15 now aren't they?

I wish...it costs an arm and a leg to get the out of print books...got lucky and someone sold Night for retail on Amazon...average price on the caste books (except for eclipse, for some odd reason), is about $50...night goes for $80-90...I don't care if they're rare and out of print, i just want it for my frikkin games! I'll take a battered copy if I have to

The only Caste book that WW may still have is Eclipse.

Thorn, if you're not in a hurry for the book (which, since you described it as trying to complete your collection, you're probably not), wait around and bide your time. Don't bother with Amazon or Ebay; people know their values too well there.

Instead, go browsing on random on-line game stores; Zenith isn't as big an item as Night or Dawn, and someone somewhere may still be selling it at list...or at a clearance discount.

Alternatively, if you have access to transportation that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, haunt local game stores and book stores, as well as small conventions. At a going-out-of-business-sale, I had picked up about forty copies of GoD, still in the original boxes they were shipped in, for a song. Easiest two grand I ever made, reselling them (and keeping some for myself).

More recently, I picked up about $100 worth of 1st Ed softbacks for 75% off at a con dealer's clearance rack.

One person's trash is another person's treasure...

Always look for the good deal, hence why I fish around in mall CD racks...gotta find those good ten dollar sales!

Yeah, unfortunately, my ex-ST has a copy...he doesn't play Exalted anymore, or even read the frikkin books...but he won't sell it to me just to spite me...

Used to live by a half-price bookstore that I managed to pick up tons of the old WoD stuff, but Exalted stuff rarely showed up on the shelves...I'm in Baton Rouge now though, and only know of one gaming store...it's just kinda aggravating to be missing one book! I especially want it because one of the characters in my game grew up in Nexus idolizing Panther

If it's a matter of lack of access to the info, I can see people jumping in to help, but TD's a collector. Part of the thrill of collecting is the hunt and pursuit of the prey itself.

If we deny him that, we'll deny him a significant portion of the pleasure he'll feel when Zenith is finally clutched firmly in his hands...

Actually, I've had enough of the thrill of the hunt finding everything else...managed to get dawn and twilight for free from a buddy...i've reached my limit with this last book and just want to read it already...I could easily dowload a pdf, but I prefer to have a hard copy...wouldn't have posted this topic if I didn't need help at this point

Then let it be known! *dramatic thunder and lightning* That we must help the poor boy find his book! And find it now!

I have a NM copy of Zenith available. Make me a decent offer for the book and the Priority Mail shipping cost (I've had bad experiences with media mail and thin envelopes).

NM? Sorry, either I dunno what that means or it's something obvious and I'm having a serious brain fart.

At the moment, don't have much in the way of cash...if it was retail price, i'd drop the $20...willing to go possibly into the $40 range, and maybe higher but that'd have to wait till I get a job...I have plenty to trade for it though...exalted-wise, got spare copies of the 1st ed. rulebook, player's guide, autochthonians, fair folk, and the aspect books of earth and fire...if you're into old WoD, I got alot of that too...mostly werewolf, but a few other stuff too (can't trade mage or wraith stuff though...that's my girl's stuff)

NM stands for near-mint; you do enough collecting, and you start picking up the lingo.

Exalted books...I have at least one copy of everything that's been released. WoD stuff--I'm not too big a fan, plus there's a stack of sourcebooks I picked up on a lark I haven't had time to read through yet.

$20's more than fine. It'll certainly cover list and shipping.

PM me when you're ready, or whenever you have the cash--it's unlikely that I'll have sold it to someone else in the near future. I prefer (non-credit card) Paypal, but will take money orders/cashier's checks/personal checks--in the case of personal checks, I'll ship when the check clears. All other cases, I'll ship the next business day after receiving payment.

(God, I feel like I'm on E-Bay...)

Sweeeet...well, if you're only charging $20...I'll be PMing you soon...just need to set up a bank account first and wait for my checks to come in...just moved to a new state a week ago, so still setting everything up

NM stands for near-mint; you do enough collecting, and you start picking up the lingo.
 Exalted books...I have at least one copy of everything that's been released. WoD stuff--I'm not too big a fan, plus there's a stack of sourcebooks I picked up on a lark I haven't had time to read through yet.

PM me when you're ready, or whenever you have the cash--it's unlikely that I'll have sold it to someone else in the near future. I prefer (non-credit card) Paypal, but will take money orders/cashier's checks/personal checks--in the case of personal checks, I'll ship when the check clears. All other cases, I'll ship the next business day after receiving payment.

-Greater God of Suspension of Disbelief, Licenses, Sundry Chemicals and Book Selling.

Sweeeet...well' date=' if you're only charging $20...I'll be PMing you soon...just need to set up a bank account first and wait for my checks to come in...just moved to a new state a week ago, so still setting everything up[/quote']
 I can't justify charging more than list for Zenith. I mean, Night or  Dawn, okay, and certainly the old stuff (before the re-release) like GoD or CotW, I can figure charging market value...but Zenith?

-Greater God of Suspension of Disbelief, Licenses, Sundry Chemicals and Book Selling.
 Tried it; not enough regular demand to justify the inventory I'd have to carry...  8)

I can't justify charging more than list for Zenith. I mean' date=' [i']Night[/i] or  Dawn, okay, and certainly the old stuff (before the re-release) like GoD or CotW, I can figure charging market value...but Zenith?
Don't even mention CotW...nearly got in a fight over that one...one of my buddies sold it to me dirt cheap, but right when I was gonna go pick it up, one of his brother's asshole friends took off with it to go sell it for alot...fortunately, my dad drives like an old man on crack, and we were able to guess what game store he was going to sell it at...met him there, almost got in a fight, but the cops came and he ended up getting arrested for stealing and attempting to sell it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back