• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Castaways

"Ralswa- Plan-t -1B"
"R-R-R-Ralswan. Plan-n-net 31B."
Waking suddenly, Xuxier jumped up from his sleeping position only to hit his head on a large metallic pipe. He grunts in pain as his head puts a dent in the surface, a loud clanging sound coming from the metal being impacted with his skull. "GRAH, I-who-" He stutters out, firmly grasping his forehead with one of his hands. He pushes the large pipe aside, it colliding with the metal floors of his star vessel. The vessel's lights were dim and the emergency power was activated, several panels and screens were offline or emitting a warning of an error. Xuxier, finally on his feet but still very groggy, made his way to one of the panels that were still functioning, hoping to gain any information on what just happened.
Error
Power Failure Detected
Emergency Power Activated

Main Power-Offline
Cyalite Engine-Offline
Life Support-Error

"Life Support ERROR?" Xuvier scoffed, scratching the top of his head. "Well that certainly does not bode well now does it?" The rat sighs and shakes his head, mentally chastising himself on not creating a more...INFORMATIVE system for the terminal. "I suppose I should do something about that..." He begin, looking at some of the other messages on the terminal, before finding something far more important. "But since I am still breathing and not aflame like last time...perhaps this...takes precedence."

Landing Gear System-Offline
Ship Integrity-78.23%
Emergency Landing Activated

Landing On:
Planet 31B
Ralswan
The stunned rat Warrior takes one look at the terminal and then runs to the other side of the room towards one of the window to get a better look on his situation. One glance and he understands whats going on. His main power source, the Da'iyanite crystal, is floating away from the back of his vessel, cracked into several pieces. His stomach drops as he notices the thrusters begins to flare to life once again, guided by his ships emergency power system. The Warrior turns to the opposite direction to the large desert planet he had parked his vessel by. Its barren surface almost similar to his home planet. "...Ayan'a..." (His peoples version of O shit ;3) He nearly lunges away from the window back to the same terminal, immediately beginning work on an override of some sort. "For Huann, why did I make the emergency system automatic!?" He bursts, pressing a release for the keypad to pop out of the terminal, all four hands clicking away trying various commands and countermeasures. He may have built the ship, but it certainly wasn't a pros work. "Of course I knew the mystics said not to mess with the Da'iyanite crystal's system, but for Huann I was not...informed that trying to connect the power source to my ships internal computer would weaken its couplings and cause it go nuclear." He rambled to himself, trying to explain his reasoning aloud. As if he needs to. "Twas but a simple test. I bet I could have pushed its limits far higher if successful. The power I could have mastered..." He was suddenly thrown away from his computer to the side of the room, a explosion coming from somewhere inside the ship. "Ayan."
713515_orig.jpg
Xuvier woke on the floor of his vessel again, luckily still breathing but with the worst headache hes ever had. Well not as bad as the Bodd Plant's Poison, nothing beats the nausea of that. Glancing around the room, he found the ship was still technically intact, and he was alive. However most of the panels were unresponsive and the power was totally cut from most of the ship. Still on the ground he found one panel broken and disconnected from the wall, its screen lying on the floor in front of him. He reached over to read it, seeing that it was one of the few still working.

Landing: Successful.
Error
Error
Error
Error
Sighing again he threw the panel to the side and got back up on his feet to inspect the main terminal. It too was offline and unresponsive which meant the whole ships system was down. Exasperated he decide he would look at the damage outside, dreading what he would have to see. Its good fortune that he decided to stop by a planet with a breathable atmosphere before working on his little...experiment.

c19544a701476a1f64b1d5ac0e47296c.jpg
Immediately the warrior is greeted by an intense heat from the outside desert, and a smell of sulfur and burning metal. Wrapping his face in a cloth his family gave him, he prepared a makeshift mask for the inspection, however he realized it wasn't going to take much to find the damages. The structure of the ship was relatively fine, however there were several pieces of the engine scattered in the dunes. Not the mention what pieces of his ship may have burnt off and broken away on entering the planet's atmosphere. The solar panels were in tact but cracked and covered in layers of red sand.
This was a problem to say the least.

However, before he could get a word out about the situation, he felt the hairs on his neck stand up and a horrible chill creep up his spine. Immediately, pure instinct, he turned backwards, knife in hand, but far too late. Some creature already had its weapon armed and pointed at Xuvier. "Wh-" He yelled out, before taking a blast from point blank range, knocking him unconscious.

(Hopefully this is a decent start. Lemme know what you think and if I need to revise anything.)

Last edited:
You flip through your book before setting it down.
There goes your last book.
You have officially exhausted the library on this ship.
Great.
You walk through the dining hall, the bridge, the living quarters...
Circle around back to the bridge...
Commandeer a small escape pod complete with a life support...
And lay down.

Your eyes flutter open. Your attention drifts to the monitor, which is flashing yellow.
Oh come on.
You tap the controls a few times and use the reserve fuel to get away from the thing pulling you in, but...
AND they're using some sort of tractor beam.
Now you're screwed.
When your pod opens up, you make a clone and attempt to slice your opponent's head off before your original body flickers out of existence and you are quickly knocked unconsious before any damage can be done.

Last edited:
The story starts aboard an old fashion Saucership.

You know, a "flying saucer"? A UFO? Yeah, yeah, I know. Big whoop. Spacecrafts are a dime of dozen these days, I get it, but these guys have been abducting your grandpas and tagging up their cornfields since you were still doing baby steps to your own moon. I'd think the little bastards would be immortalized at this point.

All reacquainted now? Good. Cause this particular ship just got itself CRASHED. Your cornfields have been avenged!

So yeah, jokes aside, this frizbee's dead. Hats off every one. The enormous wreck lies tilted like the Titanic on an unkown world, broken beond repair with its crew gone like a ghost. Emergency power keeps some of its lesser systems alive. An alarm blares on like an incessant carrion bird, and inside, red lights illuminates an erie scene of ruin and desolation.

How did this tragedy take place? An excellent question, but not my story to tell. See, somewhere in the ships corpse, life is stiring. A few "guests" who were safely tucked in their stasis pods have been freed from their slumber.

It's their show, now. Let's grab some popcorn and see what happens.

WHOOoop!

WHOOoop!

WHOOoop!

Porq scowled his eyes closed.

WHOOoop!

WHOOoop!

WHOOoop!

He groaned and shifted his head. Of all the obnoxious...

WHOOoop!

WHOOoop!

WHOOoop!

"Jed, turn it ooooooff." Porq grumbled groggily. Except he was laying on his jaw, so what came out was, "Eb, Erni'ooooooff."

WHOOoop!

WHOOoop!

WHOOoop!

Porq gave off a feral growl and covered his ears, literally grinding his teeth as a tention headache was coming on. Come ON! This was his day off! Did he do something to deserve this torture? Porq wasn't very religious, but he had heard many descriptions of "Hell" and was certain this roommate and his alarm clocks came from one of them.

Porq on the other hand was in purgatory (another fancy word he'd heard). Because while he didn't want to get out of bed, he knew he wasn't going to get back to sleep either. But maybe he should should be grateful for the wake up. He was having this... terrifyingly vivid nightmare where a band of pale, slender humanoids with black buggy eyes invaded his apartment in the night, shot him in the face, and then pickled him in a narrow jar before strapping him to a table and sticking him full of needles (Pork was terrible claustrophobic and ohhhhh how hated needles). He had "woken up" at least twice in that traumatic dream, and it was a relief to know that it was finally over.

WHOOoop!

WHOOoop!

WHOOoop!

WHOOoop

WHOOoop!

WHOOoop!

WHOOoop!

WHOOoop!

You know what? Gratitude retracted. Porq blindly searched around with his paw for something to throw.

SLOOSH! His hand splashed through something.

Wait. Was that water?

Porq opened his eyes and entered reality.

He wasn't in his bed. He wasn't even in his apartment. Porq was on the hard, porcelain white floor of a large, oval shaped room roughly size of coffee shop, though nowhere near as cosy. Porqs immediate impression from the computers and machinery along the wall and the general formality of the place was that this had been a lab of some sort.

Note the past tense, because the place looked like something out of a horror film now. The place was in ruin, slightly tilted Porq thought, with tables and equipment thrown to one end. (A flickering holo-screen had a tables leg impaled in its terminal, so whaterver caused this must have had considerable force.) The once steril, white walls glowed an eerie red from dim emergency lights and looking down, and Porq looked down to find himself lying in a pool of luminescent, green liquid and broken glass gathered at the bottom of the tilted room.

Porq felt a growing sense of alarm as the shroud of drowsiness lifted. A certain numbness in his skin he had woken up with was leaving him, and as he shakily tried to stand up, he could feel the pain of glass shards pressing into his knees and the pads of his feet. This wasn't a dream was it? Where was he? Why was this place so dreadfully familiar? There was an answer here, and Porq was trying desperately to convince himself it involved a wild party at the university science lab. And a bulldozer, based on the mess.

He looked down.

... And a game of strip poker?

Well, THAT was embarising, but hey, that explanation worked for...

Pork had just turned around to search for his clothes when he saw something that made him SHRIEK and trip backwards. There was a body against the wall. A familiar, pale, slender body with black buggy eyes, crushed to death under a familiar looking "pickle jar".

(Done! Hallelujah!)

(Aright so for the record and the sake of modesty, Porq still has his drawers on and no one else is required to wake up in their underwear. That was just a set up for some Porq centric gags.)

(Lets discuss room pairings in the OOC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back