TV & Film Cartoons you can't stand

Keeping it restricted to cartoons, it'd have to be Ed, Edd, and Eddy and that show with the two kids named 'Butthead'

Alonso said:
Keeping it restricted to cartoons, it'd have to be Ed, Edd, and Eddy and that show with the two kids named 'Butthead'
Do you mean Beavis and Butthead? Yeah I can't stand that show and I grew up in that era. That's why I can't stand Regular Show, as I see it as a just rehashed and dumbed down ('kid friendly') version of Beavis and Butthead

Yeah the premise of that show is that they are two slackjawed, alcoholic junkie twenty year olds (I think, they could be teens or something) and yeah, that's about it really.

Alonso said:
Sounds about right
Yeah, where as the premise of Regular Show is two teenage (probalby 18 year old) slackers, being idiots.. but same sort of thing, gross out humor, violence, 'romance' etc..ugh

Beccy said:
Does anyone else have cartoons that they just don't like? I don't like Uncle Grandpa or Clarence, honestly.
Uncle Grandpa, It sucks.

Pickle and Peanut could just stop and I would be completely fine with that.

Clarence, is for the most part-a pretty run of the mill cartoon (with some minor hiccups). However there are a few moments here and there that are so slow and surprisingly human.. they practically remind me of Miyazaki. Keep in mind I am not saying they are exactly the same. I am just saying that the show at times can be quiet and display some very human and relate-able moments like all Miyazaki films do.

An example of this would be an episode were the show seems to just stop at the end, practically taking a moment of 'Ma' as the characters sit on the curb covered in dirt from playing outside all day as they quietly eat sandwiches together. It's such a natural moment that it's almost jarring with the rest of the cartoon, but welcome none-the-less.

I don't like Uncle Grandpa and pretty much all of the modern cartoons. I miss the cartoons that were made in the 90's and early 00's.

Last edited by a moderator:
JRGero said:
Uncle Grandpa, It sucks.
Pickle and Peanut could just stop and I would be completely fine with that.

Clarence, is for the most part-a pretty run of the mill cartoon (with some minor hiccups). However there are a few moments here and there that are so slow and surprisingly human.. they practically remind me of Miyazaki. Keep in mind I am not saying they are exactly the same. I am just saying that the show at times can be quiet and display some very human and relate-able moments like all Miyazaki films do.

An example of this would be an episode were the show seems to just stop at the end, practically taking a moment of 'Ma' as the characters sit on the curb covered in dirt from playing outside all day as they quietly eat sandwiches together. It's such a natural moment that it's almost jarring with the rest of the cartoon, but welcome none-the-less.
I can't stand all the hate on Clarence, people think it's a bad show just because it's not pandering to what they want. Don't come into the show expecting romance, lore, magic and a cast full of likable characters. In a way it feels very real and natural compared to a lot of stuff out there even though it does have its flaws. I grew up in a nice area but went to a school in a poorer area and had similar experiences to Clarence's so I guess it's kind of nostalgic for me.

Anything that is rather new nowadays. Regular Show, Adventure Time, those kind of shows eat me alive due to the fact I grew up in the age of Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Powerpuff Girls, etc.

New Simpsons is terrible. I'm a massive fan of the older stuff, especially around seasons 2-9 but there are a few stand out episodes after that mark. This clip from the great season 6 episode 'Homie the Clown' really does describe my feelings towards more recent episodes of the Simpsons pretty well. [media]

[/media]

Hmmmm, I'd say Fanboy and Chum Chum can get burned and then pissed on by that gumball thing . . . gross.

Oooooooooo and Johnny Test! I hate the show. It does nothing for me whatsoever ;-;

[QUOTE="Bum Bear]Oooooooooo and Johnny Test! I hate the show. It does nothing for me whatsoever ;-;

[/QUOTE]
But the theme song is so radddd

[QUOTE="Bum Bear]Hmmmm, I'd say Fanboy and Chum Chum can get burned and then pissed on by that gumball thing . . . gross.
Oooooooooo and Johnny Test! I hate the show. It does nothing for me whatsoever ;-;

[/QUOTE]
Oh I remember Fanboy and Chum Chum, that show was awful and ill-written. And Johny Test is nothing but a crappy Dexter's lab gender swap with lazy writing made by people who just figured out how to use flash.

Pretty much 85% of all cartoons after Samurai Jack. All the humor today is randomly hyperactive nonsense, terrible animation barely better than Hanna-Barbera, and utterly controlled / written by PTA parents and the people who actually liked the D.A.R.E. initiative. And a lot of the decent stuff today is usually canceled after one season when the toy line doesn't sell well. Sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back