Carn - Rogue of Time

Verdana

Meme Ghost
The Rogue of Time would first and foremost have problems coping with the concept of fate or destiny, or that all good things must come to an end. They don’t like the ambiguous nature of inevitability, or they may simply be unable to see what their fate or destiny is supposed to be. They may let themselves give up on their own promising future, thinking they aren’t really worthy of it or that they can’t handle it. They don’t have any concrete answers and they struggle with the patience to learn them.

Like all Rogues, they mostly keep these kinds of feelings inside in favor of more happy things. A Rogue of Time may become preoccupied with making things that they like last as long as they can, like wearing a favorite shirt to rags, or using a favorite pencil until it breaks, or trying to keep a pet alive as long as possible, things like that. They might even give up all their precious Time to other people, trying to make relationships or friendships last as long as possible. A Rogue of Time may be uncomfortable with certain kinds of music noises or even silence, and may try to fill it in with their own.

They may even be uncomfortable with the passage of time, wanting to fill up every second of their day with something and hating waiting around for anything. They might hate waiting so much that they steal clocks to give to other people so they won’t be late when they want them. I’d say a Rogue’s challenge is to learn to be comfortable with their Aspect, and allow the healthy parts of it to enter their lives. A Rogue of Time must learn that good things are good, but all good things must come to an end. The clock will stop, the song will end, but you must go on.

Ah, Rogues... I myself am a Rogue, though not of Time. I'm a Rogue of Hope. But regardless....

A Rogue is a person who is surrounded with an unfortunate and usually unhealthy amount of their aspect. This amount could either be a deficit, like me, or an abundance, like a good friend of mine (he's a Rogue of Space - an overabundance of creativity, basically).  The basic idea is that a Rogue is like a Robin Hood of classpects. They take abundant aspect away from either themselves or those who don't need it, and give it to those who do. Take Roxy for example. She was able to remove the void out of objects, for the purpose of giving the object to someone who needed it (giving the matryorb to Kanaya) rather than giving it to someone who didn't the deserve it (Condy). A Rogue, then, serves a purpose like a Thief would, only they would be more generous with their aspect and give it away more easily than a Thief, who only steals for themselves. 

A Rogue of Time would theoretically be able to steal away another's time. This could lead to the lengthening or shortening of one's lifespan, given who was taken from and who received. As time also deals with mortality and destruction, a Rogue of Time would theoretically be able to undo the destruction or death of someone or something else, essentially "stealing time for that person/thing". The goal of a Rogue, to become a fully-realized god tier, is to remove their own problematic abundance or deficit of their aspect. Depending on what kind of Rogue you are, you could either be stealing some time for yourself to push past what would have essentially been your own demise, or giving away your time as you were destined to live well past the other players, thus making the session stable and the final fight easier to win. Rogues tend to be selfless, yet also spineless when it comes to their aspect. A Rogue of time, theoretically, wouldn't have any qualms about robbing an enemy of their remaining time to be alive, and give it to a friend or allocate it to themselves, so they might live longer, though it's more likely they'd give the extra time to their friend than keep it for themselves. The Rogue essentially needs to learn to live with the way they are. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back