• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Can't make or manage forums?

AvidElmV2

Four Thousand Club
I started the project yesterday and all seemed to be going well when all of a sudden I couldnct make, copy, move, etc. forums. I didn't do much of anything when it came to changing values of anything. I did make two roles (Player and GM) but I don't think either of these did anything to change something. Am I the only one getting this problem? Sorry if I sound kind of vauge. I don't really know how to describe this.

Link it here and I'll look into it?  Also, users can only create three subforums (for a total of five).  After that you need to request them via a support ticket, and Staff will create them for you. ^3^

Aaaaaah. Okay, I thought I goofed and changed something I shouldn't have had... Also, sorry for taking so long to respond.

There's the link. Thank you again for helping.

It looks like yours is one of those quirky Hosted Projects that links created-role permissions with non-members, unfortunately.  That's probably where your biggest problem is, and sadly we haven't found a fix yet.

On the positive side, if you're only going to have GM and player roles, you don't really need created roles.  As the creator, you have more permissions than the system will let you assign to any role anyway.  And if all your players are going to have the Player role, they might as well just be Active Members instead (the default and catch-all for anyone that's accepted your invitation to the HP).

Unless you're planning on having a co-GM, or tiers of player roles, I'd suggest dropping the roles altogether.  That should fix most of the problems.

@Kaerri and @AvidElmV2, this HP has an additional board labeled 'OC'.  Boards will count towards the maximum amount of additional items which a user may create for their HP.  Please send us a support ticket if you would like to have additional forums or boards. :)

Yes, but they've also got borked permissions :/   The way they are now, some or all of them won't be able to post in some of the forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back